It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Scary, Very Disturbing Blog Post About The Coming 2008 Economic Crash

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I a 32. I was warned about the prison camps being built when I was 16.
I BELIEVE.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

No...this doesn't work that way. And its off topic, as this thread already is. If you want me to debunk something, present a supposed "conspiracy fact" in a different thread or by PM that shows the Federal Reserve is a conspiracy, and I will debunk it. Of course it won't mean anything to you, because all your facts are coming from conspiracy blogs and websites, and peer reviewed resources that debunk you wouldn't mean anything to you - in order to buy wholesale into the federal reserve conspiracy, you have to have very low standards of evidence.

Oh I see you have no trouble talking about the masons, but the federal reserve has no significance within this discussion? You really don't understand how the federal reserve system works do you? Why is the federal reserve located in the phone book below federal express? It's not federal and it has doubtfull reserves. It's not off topic at all. It's the biggest single reason that America is in the mess it's in !

here's a quote from A Rand atlas shrugged which is also on topic.

"Then you will see the rise of the men of the double standard—the men who live by force, yet count on those who live by trade to create the value of their looted money—the men who are the hitchhikers of virtue. In a moral society, these are the criminals, and the statutes are written to protect you against them. But when a society establishes criminals-by-right and looters-by-law—men who use force to seize the wealth of disarmed victims—then money becomes its creators' avenger. Such looters believe it safe to rob defenseless men, once they've passed a law to disarm them. But their loot becomes the magnet for other looters, who get it from them as they got it. Then the race goes, not to the ablest at production, but to those most ruthless at brutality. When force is the standard, the murderer wins over the pickpocket. And then that society vanishes, in a spread of ruins and slaughter. "Do you wish to know whether that day is coming? Watch money. Money is the barometer of a society's virtue. When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion—when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing—when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors—when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you—when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice—you may know that your society is doomed. Money is so noble a medium that is does not compete with guns and it does not make terms with brutality. It will not permit a country to survive as half-property, half-loot.

"Whenever destroyers appear among men, they start by destroying money, for money is men's protection and the base of a moral existence. Destroyers seize gold and leave to its owners a counterfeit pile of paper. This kills all objective standards and delivers men into the arbitrary power of an arbitrary setter of values. Gold was an objective value, an equivalent of wealth produced. Paper is a mortgage on wealth that does not exist, backed by a gun aimed at those who are expected to produce it. Paper is a check drawn by legal looters upon an account which is not theirs: upon the virtue of the victims. Watch for the day when it bounces, marked, 'Account overdrawn.'

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
Oh I see you have no trouble talking about the masons, but the federal reserve has no significance within this discussion? You really don't understand how the federal reserve system works do you? Why is the federal reserve located in the phone book below federal express? It's not federal and it has doubtfull reserves. It's not off topic at all. It's the biggest single reason that America is in the mess it's in !

Wrong again - I talked about the masons because someone made specific claims which, I can disprove. Since the poster did not ask me to disprove him/her, I simply pointed out he was wrong. If you'd like me to, start another thread. You have said nothing so far except for things along the following: "OMG! FEDERAL RESERVE WERE DOOMED FIAT CURRENCY CONSPIRACY HEADS FOR THE HILLS QUICKLY...AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE, YOUR A SHEEP."

These are not claims, they are your rantings. Your free to rant, but its not my job to prove your rantings. If your getting all your "sources" form youtube/google videos and conspiracy blogs, I understand why you don't know how the federal reserve works.

Its listed in the phone book because its a organization, just like the post office. It is, however, far more federal than the federal express. The federal reserve has nothing to do with cyclical recessions except in the minds of the conspiracy faithful.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I think your light has finally gone out. I think I'm going to let you sit there in the dark with your half truths. The day is coming when you will learn the real truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You have said nothing so far except for things along the following: "OMG! FEDERAL RESERVE WERE DOOMED FIAT CURRENCY CONSPIRACY HEADS FOR THE HILLS QUICKLY...AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE, YOUR A SHEEP."
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

The only thing I said there was federal reserve
although I could use several of those terms whilst discussing the federal reserve yes.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I think your light has finally gone out. I think I'm going to let you sit there in the dark with your half truths. The day is coming when you will learn the real truth.

There are none so blind as those who desperately want to see that they make up what their eyes take in.

I'm book marking this so on October 1st I can bump it and ask you where the economic apocalypse is. I'll go ahead and say it now: you will deny that you ever supported a global doom and gloom scenario for September, and were just "generally" supporting the idea that it could happen.
I'm still going to do it though, because at this point the comedy value of this is just too high. And then I'll do it again on January 1st (since this is the "coming 2008 economic crash." Then, maybe for good measure, in July, 2009. I'm going to make a prediction: the "global economic apocalypse" date will conveniently have been pushed back due to unforeseen forces that our ATS doomsday oracles could not see...every single time.

Until then...have fun with your paranoia. Surely the end will be nigh..eventually. RUN FOR THE HILLS!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Oct 1 or year or two the date is not criticle. what is criticle is USA's central bank needs to go back to government issued currency. Having the currency in private hands to be borrowed from the government at compounding interest is insanity, simple as that. The government should be creating their own money interest free and spending it into the economy
through infrastructure projects that creat jobs etc. Your income tax dollars are presently being spent on the interest on the deficit created in large part
by interest on interest or that good ole compound interest. It's nicer though when compound interest is working for you, instead of against you

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Having the currency in private hands to be borrowed from the government at compounding interest is insanity, simple as that. The government should be creating their own money interest free and spending it into the economy
through infrastructure projects that creat jobs etc. Your income tax dollars are presently being spent on the interest on the deficit created in large part
by interest on interest or that good ole compound interest. It's nicer though when compound interest is working for you, instead of against you

And that is why you should do your research, because this claim is not true. It takes 5 minutes to figure out that the Federal Reserve pays back nearly all the interest paid to the Government. The peer reviewed literature shows this, but because ATS members get upset when they can't get a internet link to it, here is a link from a PhD who explains what is going on. So why does the Federal Reserve pay back almost all and not 100% of it? Because there is a cost to the lending - not in interest - but in making and shuffling the money. This is a cost the government would have to take up no matter what - just creating money costs money.

So what is the net impact? We are not paying net interest on the money the Federal Reserve gives to the government to disperse. All interest paid to the federal reserve is refunded back to the government, minus an amount that reasonably resembles the sunk operating cost of creating the money.

Its a old link, but the peer reviewed journals back it up because the conspiracy is garbage - and the conspiracy is as old as the internet. And its not anymore true now than it was then.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

And that is why you should do your research, because this claim is not true.

Yes I've seen this before,
There are many who can dispel the many half truths within that "story"
please read link provided.

www.freedomforceinternational.org...

If you search around the internet for info supporting the Federal Reserve, 99% of the time you will be reading the work of Edward Flaherty or info from the Federal Reserve itself.

Most of Flaherty's writing cites the College of Charleston. Research the College of Charleston's links to prominent banking families and the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

Umm...that does not change reality. 99% of the time when you surf around the internet for the federal reserve conspiracy theorists, its the same propagandists, Griffin is one of them. I'll trust the guy with a Ph.D. in Economics over the guy with a college degree in communications on economic matters. As per the usual, the "faithful" cannot argue the facts, they have to go around and try to claim that because someone somewhere donated money to the college and was part of a "banking family," it must mean the whole thing is a lie.

But you cannot argue with balance sheets. The balance sheets do not lie. The balance sheets which say - SURPRISE! - there is no effective interest being paid.

Oh I know whats coming - "THE BALANCE SHEETS ARE LIEING ITS THE GOVERNMENT OF COURSE THEY ARE NOT GOING TO TELL THE TRUTH LOL YOUR A SHEEP."

WRONG again, before you even try it. If the government were interested in lying about all this, they wouldn't require the federal reserve's balance sheets to be audited, nor would they go through the trouble lying to only appear to refund part of the interest. If they wanted to not tell the truth, they would hide the whole thing.

The Facts: The Federal Reserve only collects enough interest to pay for its own operating costs. This is a sunk cost, because even if the government were to do this, it would still cost the government money to make money. Additionally, as we know form the scholarly literature on privatization and public-private partnerships, allowing a quasi-public organization to do this lowers costs and is more efficient. The government is saving tax payer dollars thanks to doing this instead of letting government inefficiency take over, you should be happy.

Next.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Steeped in American history and Austrian economics, and featuring Ron Paul, Joseph Salerno, Hans Hoppe, and Lew Rockwell, this extraordinary film is the clearest, most compelling explanation ever offered of the Fed, and why curbing it must be our first priority.

mises.org...

I don't beleive you read my last link so you likley are not interested in the above either. Did you read the prior link? You never mentioned it ?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Deflecting are we? Why can't you provide evidence that your claim is true?

A link to a partisan think tank says nothing except that the "faithful" on federal reserve consparcies are getting scared. This would be like using the Heritage Foundation to show that abortion is wrong. It would be funny, if it was not so sad. At least the Heritage Foundation is actually respected and is a known to public policy scholars - this one has a amazing staff size of 21 people and is headquartered in Alabama. That is about 10% the size of the department I got my graduate degree from.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The only thing you provided is one article which I've stated my position on already. There is a huge amount proof that you say are silly videos. And you come up with some ancient paper and claim there is a balance sheet
. Let's see current balance sheet from the federal reserve. Is it a myth as Ron Paul says there is now a large amount of gold that the fed is keeping in trust in freedom to facism is that movie hogwash too? Your little paper in my eyes is nothing to get to excited about.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

At least the Heritage Foundation is actually respected and is a known to public policy scholars - this one has a amazing staff size of 21 people and is headquartered in Alabama. That is about 10% the size of the department I got my graduate degree from.

Yours is bigger than mine you win
You've been indoctrinated quite nicely thats for sure. It's been fun talking I've got to get to bed.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Yep...deflecting. You can't prove it because your wrong - the federal reserve is not paid any interest beyond its operating costs, which is a sunk cost. That is pretty bad for your side. You must really be one of the faithful. All this so called "evidence" and you can't even prove your first point?

Nothing but smoke, mirrors, and propaganda from the federal reserve CT camp, yet again...

I always find it funny that those who have no ability to defend their arguments or provide evidence for their claims have the audacity to call anyone with a higher education "indoctrinated" when the evidence does not agree with what they want to believe. I do not think its possible to be more ironic.

And you come up with some ancient paper and claim there is a balance sheet
. Let's see current balance sheet from the federal reserve.

Yet again, your so blinded by your desire to be faithful to the conspiracy theory propaganda on the Reserve that you didn't bother to do 5 minutes of fact checking. The Federal Reserve is required, by that evil government that is according to you plotting our economic demise through them, to update its balance sheets weekly and release all data to the public. The current one can be found here. Do tell me, if the Federal Reserve is up to evil and has so much power, why is it they are forced to do this and comply?

You don't seem to understand that facts are facts, no matter how badly you want to believe in a conspiracy theory. The balance sheet says - you are wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xander68
Why is it that everytime some nutbag posts a prediction/rumor like this there are some people that blindly accept it as truth??

Because people are lied to so much that they are desperately seeking answers that the Governments are not providing?

Well it gotta be true, his uncle told him not to fly in aug/sept 2001!!! How would he have known??? omg!

Well that's an interesting question, isn't it?

... can we at least get some proof?

Well if it is true, you'll have to wait until September. Unfortunately it will be too late then though...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I am speechless after watching this video. If people knew that this was how the monetary system worked, they would never borrow money.

Our whole system is based on gambling and mostly unfulfilled promises. It's a house of cards.

I paid off two out of three credit cards today. I am putting another couple of thousand dolars in gold trust shares (GLD) as soon as possible.

For the programmer who posted earlier saying that he didn't have enough to save or protect himself, I say he does. I'm in the same boat as him. If I were him I would not save, but stash any amount of money I could in whatever is the safest evil. (I think right now it's gold.) Even one or two thousand dollars is better than nothing.

Let see what this week brings. It wont be good. I am literally waiting for my money to clear in my ETrade account after selling off HKEx stocks last night. How far will gold go up between now and then? I don't know.

But oil is up two dollars from yesterday, and is now at $143 a barrel. Look at the curve and tell me if we should worry or not.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Regarding attacks on The System, it does indeed have it's roots in evil, but it is "The System" and it needs to be respected. The reason why I am going to survive is because I respect it. I am paying my bills, paying back the money loaned to me to keep The System going.

People need to realize how this game works. You come to this planet and put your soul at risk. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. I'm not ever going to a prison camp, and they may be necessary...who knows?

I just don't like being in the dark. If the government came out and said "Look, anyone who crosses us or who doesn't pay up is going to the Alsaska camps" I would respect that. But don't give me a false impression of safety. That's all I'm asking.

It's important for me to know where I stand in this world, so that I can take appropriate actions to remain standing.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

If you think Ron Paul's well versed and well backed
information regarding the Federal Reserve to be false
then you are an Idiot.

Take Senator Charles Lindbergh's words of the day:

"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board asministers the finance system by authority
of a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits
from the use of other people's money" -- Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1923

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

You sir, are the very definition of an alarmist. I'm through with this thread...its now beyond absurd.

Paying off credit cards is something you should always do - if you REALLY thought the sky was falling, you wouldn't pay them off at all. After all, since Armageddon is here, how exactly are the credit card companies going to enforces their contract with you?

Its just too much...the paranoia has gone beyond even normal ATS standards, and that is saying much.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join