It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2003 UFO Photo During US Ousting Of Saddam Statue

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I guess ufo reports like this is what makes skeptics think were all a bunch of kooks.

I watched that scene live and I don't remember anything about a UFO. Yes, it was during a war but to the best of my recollection there was no missle in the area at that time. Although there were allot of unidentified objects being thrown around by the crowd. There's plenty of tape & or film footage from many angles at that moment, so I'm sure it would not be that hard to explain the object.

While I like sites that post those types of pictures, I wish they'd do a little research first when they know there was plenty of high quality image footage at the time that UFO image was captured.

No doubt in my mind that most ufo's are just normal terrestrial objects, seen at a unusual angle or time of day that makes them unidentifiable to those seeing them.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i was going to write the same as outsider, too fake,

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
There is no way of knowing what it is. I am not going to speculate on what the black object is because there is absolutely no way of telling from the picture. Show me a better picture and I will tell you what i think of it.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Until someone comes forward and knows certainly what it is, the topic is correct. It's a UFO.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
yes, I think the object is similar to the World Trade Centre, mysterious flying object. Just debris.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Looks like A shard of metal or something flying off the statue of foundation. Or could be something someone threw. I think its something from the statue, though, breaking from the stress. Not a UFO though, they were busy taking Saddams WMD and transporting them to Pluto to hide them.
They were nowhere near Baghdad.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Does everyone forget that the crowd were all throwing shoes at the statue? In their culture, throwing a shoe at someone, or hitting them with your shoe is the ultimate insult. It's just a shoe on angle.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It could be a shoe, but there is no way of knowing what it really is. The most logical explination is a shoe at an angle, but it could be something else. All we know is that it is an unidentified object.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Does everyone forget that the crowd were all throwing shoes at the statue? In their culture, throwing a shoe at someone, or hitting them with your shoe is the ultimate insult. It's just a shoe on angle.

Hehe, I can't believe I didn't remember that earlier, thanks bridging the gap for me SkepticO. Yeah, CNN really went into details about the shoes because they wanted to educate those not aware of that part of their culture.

Some guys were just standing there with shoes in their hands beating on the statue and others tossed them.

My vote is it's a "shoefo".

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why has no one mentioned the lack of people standing up to the statue? I watched the coverage on CNN and when the statue came down there were people standing almost underneath the falling statue. Where are these people in this picture? The people were hitting the statue with their shoes immediately as it hit the ground.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
piece of debris
nothing more

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Shoe, as William said, they didn't like Saddam, they insulted him by throwing their shoes at his statue.

Jim

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I am suspicious of the picture because of the lack of what should be in the image that isn�t. With all those people around the statue at the time and this picture shows not a one, not a single person even approaching the statue as it was coming down.
This would mean the picture was snapped at the instant there was no one standing around the base of the statue...NOT

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ummm...more likely than it being some object in the sky far away is the simple fact that it was an insect, piece of dirt, or even dust directly in front of the camera lens if not on the lens. That seems to be the most plausible explanation to me. Until Later.
Chrirs

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I would bet the farm that it is a shoe.

As for no people being directly below, I just watched the actual footage of the statue coming down and the people were standing away in order not to get crushed when the statue fell.

UFO? My A**!

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Facefirst]

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That my friend is a shard of metal or concrete that snapped off the mother of all dictators as it was yanked to the ground by an M1-Abrams.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Looks like you have yourself the picture of an ordinary everyday cruise missle.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have the tape of this and i assure you that is it not a UFO but a piece of debris falling from the statue or its something thats been thrown and bounced off.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
DreamRebel,

That my friend is not an M1 Abrams pulling down the statue in the picture. It is an M88 Tank Recovery vehicle.

If you are going to be sarcastic, at least get your facts straight.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Text Navy
if this is a flyin saucer could this be linked to 2012. All the stuff about aliens communicating with the mayans. And about war.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join