It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Briles

Anything that can prevent that is worth it. Even if means you feeling "a little bit uncomfortable".

Someone is being a little hasty in giving up their civil liberties.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
i don't know what you are takling about. i have a 100lbs pure bred male german shepherd and red nose pit bull about 70lbs, both of them are the sweetest dogs you will ever meet, unless of course you mess with my family.

That's cool! You obviously like dogs, I just happen not too. As long as you keep Blood fang and Rover out of my yard, we'll all be happy.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sigh......

At what point will the planet finally wake up and tell muslims " We don't care if you're offended or not, if you don't like it, go screw yourself sideways"?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

no, you don't require a warrant for a dog to sniff, so the 4th smendment doesn't apply.

illegal search and seizure pretains to not being able to do warrantless searches of your private property. it's the same principal as letting a drug dog walk around a vehicle to see if it can spot any drugs. then they have the legal right to search you. you see a dog sniffing you doesn't fall under "being searched" in the legal sense, because they are not physically digging through your belongings. once the dog indicates you have something you are not supposed to have, it is called probable cause and they can take you into a room and make you strip down and proceed to search you

you shouldn't have to worry about this happening to you though, if you are a good lay abiding citizen, the people that have stuff to hide are the ones that whine about the patriot act and canine assistance in the world's police forces. if you don't like it i suggest you move to a country that doesn't do those kinds of things. but needless to say you are going to be in a much more dangerous part of the world at that point

it's not giving up and liberties or rights, because you don't have any rights to not be sniffed by a dog. it's not legally being searched.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

yes, i can respect that, but just because you don't like dogs doesn't mean you can whine about one sniffing in your general vacinity. or even try to claim that your rights are being violated

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
Sigh......

At what point will the planet finally wake up and tell muslims " We don't care if you're offended or not, if you don't like it, go screw yourself sideways"?

Not all Muslim people are bad slackerwire, and to group them all into the same category is rather bigoted. As long as they're legitimately here in this country, they have a right to the same freedoms and liberties you and I supposedly possess.

I'm no bleeding heart, but I do believe in treating people with respect regardless of their race, creed, color, ethnicity, or religion. I give what I get.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
what about muslim dogs being offended by sniffer muslims? have you taken that into consideration? no , but seriously. if they want to come to america or uk or any other "western" country, you conform to our culture and laws. if you want to continue living under sharia and being "un-offended" by western policies, then it is very simple. STAY where you are from. If you are simply coming here to reap the economic benefits, without conforming to the laws and ways of the land, then, speaking for myself, you are not welcome. if you are coming here to benefit from democracy and to enjoy the freedoms with which we live, then deal with other people, similarly to the way we do. muslims are not going to take our freedoms away based upon their religious mumbo jumbo. this is not a muslim country, and they need to recognize that. over my dead body, will my nation succumb to their whiny arrogant requests which are totally unfounded and based upon fiction.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

yes, i can respect that, but just because you don't like dogs doesn't mean you can whine about one sniffing in your general vacinity. or even try to claim that your rights are being violated

If it's my butt or my crotch he's sniffing, I definitely have a right to complain. He might get excited, and decide to take a bite out of me just for the hell of it!

I guess then I could always file a police brutality complaint, since Rin Tin Tin is by law consider a police officer.
I wonder if they give them 401K plans too..

link   

It may be different times, but that doesn't mean we must cower like sheep and have our shepherd, Good Ole Uncle Sam protect us at the expense of our personal rights and freedoms.

Who is cowering? I travel FREELY...if some dog wants to sniff and make sure I don't smell of symtex or C4 then by all means...in less then 30 seconds I am on my way...oh how my freedom has been revoked! Give me a break...and if I am getting on a plane or train or anything in this day and age I'll be glad to know some mutt is pissing off some scumbag who might be boarding my flight looking to do his deed! The fact that you don't like dogs shouldn't exclude you from a quick sniff...Hell people and their stupidity offend me...so maybe I should have the right because of my religion or just because I say so to fly alone...just me and the flight crew...because the other 300 passangers aren't of my liking!!! Why shouldn't I get my way???

If you're that frightened, my advise would be to stay home where it's safe.

Sounds to me like your the only one scared of something....and it has 4 legs. Or do you have something else in mind that you would like to share?

You seem to have a hangup about all Muslims being terrorists.. Are all Irishmen alcoholics, and all Polish people dumb as well in your opinion? You shouldn't buy into stereotypes unless you're willing to accept them all as being accurate.

I'm hung up...dude cmon...the thread is about who? MUSLIMS...so naturally I use them in my example...get a grip! Yes I know there are scumbags who do this stupid stuff from all walks of life, religions, and backgrounds...but THEY are not the ones crying about dogs! So to add to your last part, I DO accept them all....but again the fact that this thread is about muslims and more of their bitching is the reason they got chosen. If the thread was about the IRA then I would be more then happy to bash the clovers for the stake in terrorism!

link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Sigh......

Not all Muslim people are bad slackerwire, and to group them all into the same category is rather bigoted. As long as they're legitimately here in this country, they have a right to the same freedoms and liberties you and I supposedly possess.

I'm no bleeding heart, but I do believe in treating people with respect regardless of their race, creed, color, ethnicity, or religion. I give what I get.

When religious freaks of any religion stop whining about being offended by everything, I might start respecting them. Until then, they are useless.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

you shouldn't have to worry about this happening to you though, if you are a good lay abiding citizen, the people that have stuff to hide are the ones that whine about the patriot act and canine assistance in the world's police forces. if you don't like it i suggest you move to a country that doesn't do those kinds of things. but needless to say you are going to be in a much more dangerous part of the world at that point

I'm not a criminal, and I refuse to move to another country because of some butt-sniffing dog.

it's not giving up and liberties or rights, because you don't have any rights to not be sniffed by a dog. it's not legally being searched.
When Rin Tin Tin puts his nose to my butt or my crotch he is no longer sniffing, but making physical contact with my person. Since he's technically by law a cop, all the same rules should apply to him as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

When religious freaks of any religion stop whining about being offended by everything, I might start respecting them. Until then, they are useless.

So you have no problem whatsoever with rover sniffing your wife or children's private parts? What if he makes a mistakes, and hurts one of them in the process? Will you still feel the same?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So you have no problem whatsoever with rover sniffing your wife or children's private parts? What if he makes a mistakes, and hurts one of them in the process? Will you still feel the same?

Actually I would feel quite a bit wealthier as a result of the lawsuit that would stem from an unconstitutional search resulting in injury.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

When Rin Tin Tin puts his nose to my butt or my crotch he is no longer sniffing, but making physical contact with my person. Since he's technically by law a cop, all the same rules should apply to him as well.

Exactly.

There is a small thingy called probable cause.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by yanchek]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

It may be different times, but that doesn't mean we must cower like sheep and have our shepherd, Good Ole Uncle Sam protect us at the expense of our personal rights and freedoms.

Who is cowering? I travel FREELY...if some dog wants to sniff and make sure I don't smell of symtex or C4 then by all means...in less then 30 seconds I am on my way...oh how my freedom has been revoked! Give me a break...and if I am getting on a plane or train or anything in this day and age I'll be glad to know some mutt is pissing off some scumbag who might be boarding my flight looking to do his deed! The fact that you don't like dogs shouldn't exclude you from a quick sniff...Hell people and their stupidity offend me...so maybe I should have the right because of my religion or just because I say so to fly alone...just me and the flight crew...because the other 300 passangers aren't of my liking!!! Why shouldn't I get my way???

So what you're saying is: People who believe in their Constitutional rights offend you?

Unless they have some legitimate cause to suspect me of foul play, they can keep their butt-sniffing dogs to themselves in my opinion.

Sounds to me like your the only one scared of something....and it has 4 legs. Or do you have something else in mind that you would like to share?
Yes, I'm afraid of dogs, is that so difficult to believe? I've been bitten by dogs on several ocassions without provocation, And I prefer not to have them anywhere in my proximity regardless of the reason or situation.

I'm hung up...dude cmon...the thread is about who? MUSLIMS...so naturally I use them in my example...get a grip! Yes I know there are scumbags who do this stupid stuff from all walks of life, religions, and backgrounds...but THEY are not the ones crying about dogs! So to add to your last part, I DO accept them all....but again the fact that this thread is about muslims and more of their bitching is the reason they got chosen. If the thread was about the IRA then I would be more then happy to bash the clovers for the stake in terrorism!
I prefer to try people based on their action rather than stereotypes myself, but that's just one of my hangups too..

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well there is a very very easy way to fix this. If Muslims don't want to be sniffed by a dog (even from a few feet away, i bet most of the dogs could stand to the side of the aisle and could pick up the scent) then by all means have PEOPLE pat them down.

Personally in the case of Europe I would strongly suggest that ANYONE applying for entry be told there "may be the use of sniffer dogs" and if they do not like it they can choose not to move there. Problem fixed. There are lots of western converts to Islam that are not going to freak out over dogs, its the immigrants that are the problem.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

very well stated friend!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Actually I would feel quite a bit wealthier as a result of the lawsuit that would stem from an unconstitutional search resulting in injury.

So, if Im reading this correctly, you are saying that the use of sniffing dogs on a person is unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Well there is a very very easy way to fix this. If Muslims don't want to be sniffed by a dog (even from a few feet away, i bet most of the dogs could stand to the side of the aisle and could pick up the scent) then by all means have PEOPLE pat them down.
If he were to sniff me without invading my personal, that'd be fine. But unfortunately, like most animals, they don't do that. They want to sniff your butt and say "Hello". I'm sorry but I equate that with someone's dog trying to hump my leg. It's offensive.

Personally in the case of Europe I would strongly suggest that ANYONE applying for entry be told there "may be the use of sniffer dogs" and if they do not like it they can choose not to move there. Problem fixed. There are lots of western converts to Islam that are not going to freak out over dogs, its the immigrants that are the problem.

I have no need or desire to go to Europe myself. I haven't lost anything there that I'm aware of.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

So, if Im reading this correctly, you are saying that the use of sniffing dogs on a person is unconstitutional.

Unless a warrant based upon probable cause is issued, yes.

What is the purpose of a sniffer dog? To SEARCH for narcotics/explosives.

In order for any search to take place, those doing the searching must have PC. They simply can't go fishing and hope to catch something.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join