It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sniffer Dogs are necessary. Period.

As already mentioned by someone, they don't jump around and cause kaos with people, they sit when something has been discovered.

Of all the people bi*ching, WHO can give a personal experience where they were so offended by these dogs???

If you don't have anything to do with bombs/contraband... they probably won't be close enough to you to even know they are there.

If the people with issues were lost in an avalanche or trapped in rubble somewhere... I'm guessing their feelings towards these animals would quickly change as they are identifying your location to the rescuers

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Please drop your pants and bend over sir.. We're doing this for your own protection..

Later that day in the local pub:

"So John, how was your day"

"Well, today I was taking a train to work and I must say the guy with rubber gloves was surprisingly gentle."

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There is not ONE WORD in the Quran that says anything bad about dogs, in fact the only mention of a dog is a positive statement (the righteous people sleeping in the cave, and their dog slept amongst them).

And if people don't like dogs that just too bad, I would much rather have a cute pup search for weapons than be touched or searched by most people.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What's the phrase?

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

translation

"If you don't want to risk getting sniffed by a trained police dog, don't ride the train."

It's ludicrous to think that somebody would actually wish to increase the chances of hundreds of their fellow peoples dying just because they don't want to be sniffed by a dog. If you are that arrogant, selfish, and self absorbed then you deserve no special treatment from anybody.

This PC snip snips me off.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by memoir]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Allow me to quote one of our founding fathers concerning the sacrificing of one's personal rights: They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Mr. Franklin understood that the sacrificing of even one of your constitutionally gauranteed rights only leads to further tresspasses against your freedom.

Are you really so afraid of terrorists, that you'd allow them to violate your rights just so you can have the illusion of safety?

And these dogs are not that well-trained. I was stoped once for a traffic violation, and they brought one of these animals to the scene. It kept trying to lunge at me for no reason, which seriously pissed me off. I threatened to file a lawsuit against them if it bit me, then they put it back in the unit. The handler was way to small to control such a large animal, and was literally being drug all about by it.

I've been bit twice by dogs in my lifetime, and I admit I have no love for them whatsoever as a result of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Lloyd I agree on the personal rights part, but the way I see it if there has to be an up close and personal search I would prefer that it be a canine doing the searching.

Sorry to hear that you have had a couple of bad experiences with dogs, however I am sure you realize that most who pose a threat to your physical safety are human and NOT canine.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I am part of the "sheeple". I love animals I have nothing against dogs and I agree with some of the previous posters : If you don't like it,go back,or do like everybody else and stop squaking.
I must say though i got a good laugh out of this bit of news....precious.Keep them comming.
Oh yeah, and when (or if) they'll come after me to spread them,i might have a different opinion,but not until then

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Bursuc]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And dogs that are trained ONLY for detecting explosives or fruit or whatever are usually extremely docile.

Police dogs that are also trained to take down suspected criminals are NOT so docile. They do have some discipline but because they need to feel ultra confident, and their prey drive is strongly encouraged they generally are pretty barky and high strung.

Here is one of my favorite police dog training videos, these dogs are apparently part of french security forces and they are a bit more high strung than most (proof of such when one turns on his own handler briefly). But no doubt they do a good job in taking down dangerous criminal types.

(Lloyd you probably won't enjoy watching this one)

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Allow me to quote one of our founding fathers concerning the sacrificing of one's personal rights: They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Mr. Franklin understood that the sacrificing of even one of your constitutionally gauranteed rights only leads to further tresspasses against your freedom.

And how many suicide bombers did he have to deal with? How many BOMBS that kill MANY at a time did they deal with? How many sick twisted scumbags did they deal with? They didn't have planes carrying 400 people at a time that some idiot will blow out of the sky killing EVERYONE on board! They didn't have train stations where 1000's of people commute daily where some scum can blow himself up taking 100 people or more with him in less then a second.

IT'S A DIFFERENT TIME, A DIFFERENT ENEMY...so things HAVE to change...LLOYD the next muslim who straps explosives to his chest in the name of GOD and kills 100 people (INNOCENT..women & kids and men) be sure to pat yourself on the back because YOU don't want anyone doing what they can to prevent it!

EDIT TO ADD: not to mention they didn't have viruses and chemicals that with one teaspoon can kill MILLIONS...so if a dog can sniff you (and I dont care where they sniff) and find something on you that you wanna use to HARM people...sniff doggie sniff!!!

[edit on 6/27/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Sonya,

I understand what you're saying about preferring a dog to check you rather than a person, but if they're allowed to do one, soon they'll move on to the other when it suits their purposes.

I can foresee females especially being harrassed by police officers that aren't satisfied with the results of a dog search. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
And how many suicide bombers did he have to deal with? How many BOMBS that kill MANY at a time did they deal with? How many sick twisted scumbags did they deal with?
He only had to deal with corrupt governments and their militarized goon squads that tried to enforce their tyrannical rules. There wouldn't be an America today without men such as Benjamin Franklin who believed all men had certain inalienable rights.

IT'S A DIFFERENT TIME, A DIFFERENT ENEMY...so things HAVE to change...LLOYD the next muslim who straps explosives to his chest in the name of GOD and kills 100 people (INNOCENT..women & kids and men) be sure to pat yourself on the back because YOU don't want anyone doing what they can to prevent it!

It may be different times, but that doesn't mean we must cower like sheep and have our shepherd, Good Ole Uncle Sam protect us at the expense of our personal rights and freedoms. If you're that frightened, my advise would be to stay home where it's safe.

You seem to have a hangup about all Muslims being terrorists.. Are all Irishmen alcoholics, and all Polish people dumb as well in your opinion? You shouldn't buy into stereotypes unless you're willing to accept them all as being accurate.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i find sniffer dogs offensive as well

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't know why I can't get the video link to work, it is a fun video, direct link is here: www.youtube.com...

And yes Lloyd I agree with you, those new machines that show ones form in perfect anatomical detail are ultra creepy (anyone that has gone through airport security and has seen the people that do the scanning realize that plenty will find ways to abuse that system.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I laughed so hard when I read the OP!

Oh man what a funny thing!

Dogs spotting terrorists!

LOL

How on earth would a dog find a terrorist without a trace of chemicals or drugs on him?

How can you train a dog to identify terrorists?

Do they have a specific smell LOL

Like do they have a specific B.O. that makes them stand out?

Its not like the dog knows the difference between religious groups

How funny

[edit on 27-6-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Interesting that rather than call it, bomb sniffing dogs the article refer to terrorist sniffing dogs, we are already been drilled that muslin are radical, they mostly terrorist and they will be the ones to be targeted by the dogs.

Sorry I don't blame the muslin for feeling offended I see their point of view.

I will hate having a sniffing dog sniffing by butt every time I go around them when trying to get into public transportation.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

(Lloyd you probably won't enjoy watching this one)
It's an informative video for sure. I didn't realize they could jump quite so high, I'll keep that in mind if I ever encounter one.

You're right, it doesn't make me any fonder of police dogs or dogs in general. They're way to unpredictable and dangerous to go about unleashed and unmuzzled. Dogs don't like me, and I especially dislike them. Give me a cat anyday!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

come on dude, nowhere in the constitution or the bill or rights does it say that you have a right to not be sniffed by a dog.

you aren't giving up any right by someone walking their dog by you. you are severely mis-interpreting what was meant by what he said. if you think it's illegal for a dog to sniff you, do you think it's illegal to be searched by a cop when you get stopped by him? because he is doing that for his own safety as well, he has to make sure you don't have any weapons that you can hurt him with

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
double post.

[edit on 6/27/08 by SRTkid86]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

i don't know what you are takling about. i have a 100lbs pure bred male german shepherd and red nose pit bull about 70lbs, both of them are the sweetest dogs you will ever meet, unless of course you mess with my family.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
reply to post by LLoyd45

come on dude, nowhere in the constitution or the bill or rights does it say that you have a right to not be sniffed by a dog.

you aren't giving up any right by someone walking their dog by you. you are severely mis-interpreting what was meant by what he said. if you think it's illegal for a dog to sniff you, do you think it's illegal to be searched by a cop when you get stopped by him? because he is doing that for his own safety as well, he has to make sure you don't have any weapons that you can hurt him with

According to the 4th amendment, you have a right as an American citizen to refuse any unreasonable search or seizure of your person or property. The use of a sniffing dog, would constitute an unreasonable search in my opinion, especially if they had no warrant or reason to suspect me of criminal intent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join