It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has NASA never gone back to the moon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kadara_dk

kadara.....congratulations for attempting to post, especially because English is not your first language.

For everyone (and pai mai from Romania) I just cannot believe this debate is still going on. What I mean is, those who bring up the claim that Apollo never happened!!

I'm sorry, but it seems that people who were born in the 1970s or 1980s simply do not have the scientific education to understand.

I was born in 1957 (yeah, I'm THAT old!!) Russia (the old USSR) stunned the World by launching Sputnik in November 1957 (I was launched in April).

I grew up hearing the phrase 'Duck, and Cover"....supposed to 'save' us from a nuclear bomb attack....baloney!!! BUT, it was the excellent use of 'fear' that has been seen ever since. 'Fear' of the Communists!!! 'Fear' of the Russkies!!!!! Fear is a very effective political tool.....

You see, 1957.....Nukes had only been around for just over one decade, but there was frenzied effort to build delivery systems (rockets, ICBMs) as part of the 'Cold War'.

The mere fact that the USSR was first to successfully orbit an artificial satellite was bone-chilling to the USA Government. The implications went beyond the ICBM.....what if the USSR could actually put nuclear BOMBS into orbit???? They could drop anywhere, with little warning.....

So, all of this is to explain, to our younger members, why the 'Space Race' happened, and when it did.

President Kennedy issued a challenge. THEN, he was assinated. There was a fervent drive, in the USA, to fulfill his challenge. AND it succeeded.

But, once the party is over, someone has to clean up....the 'party' was Apollo 11. The public very quickly grew bored. Apollo 13 had some drama, but after they returned safely, the public grew bored. AND, there was this little matter of someplace called VIETNAM!!! that was needing attention.

Funding for NASA dried up (if you're not in the USA, you should know that NASA is publically funded. Our Congress has to vote to allow taxpayer's money to fund these various projects. Defense ALWAYS gets the most money.....)

So, with that little history lesson, we return to the question. "Why has NASA never gone back to the moon"?

I think the title should say why has NASA never sent manned missions back to the moon. Simple....money. And risk.

NASA has been studying the Moon, since 1972. Robotic probes. A prelude to possible colonization. A probe called 'Clementine' detected possible water ice. On the South Pole of the Moon. THAT will be a focus of a possible base....temperature is fairly consistent, there is constant light.

I'm thinking that any ATS members who were born in the 1980s are going to live to see great things happen, on the Moon. I, well I'm just an old fart. But I've seen some great things happen too.......

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Also, for kadara. I'm being self-indulgent here, but I wrote a very long post (and might I add, it was brilliant!). See, how self-indulgent I am?

BUT, for kadara. I see you're in Denmark. I am visiting in Copenhagen next month. Two days, then sailing on a cruise. I have one tour planned, but expect to just walk around the city rest of time. If you have advice of what to not waste time at (Tivoli?) it would be appreciated.

I should have done this in U2U....I know, but I thought others might be interested?

Thanks! (Tak!!)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Send a "MARS" rover to the moon. Simple.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

Yeah....but. Mars is far more interesting, in terms of possible life, or evidence of past life.

Very obvious signs of ancient liquid water on the surface of Mars, from satellite imaging. Fairly recent, as well, compared to what would be expected on the Moon. The Moon likely never had sufficient atmospheric pressure to sustain liquid water....Mars may have, in the past.

I think that orbiting spacecraft can deduce where a possible future base on the Moon far better than a lander, that has limitied mobility.

Here's the thing.....you are given a budget, and you can spend it wherever you wish. We already have 880kg of Lunar samples, and dozens of spacecraft have explored it....it's right there, in our backyard!!

So, do you use this budget of money to keep looking in your backyard, or to you go out and explore more???

Humans tend to be myopic....especially in a Capitalistic society. I can imagine, back in the 1800s, someone found crude oil (after shootin' at the ground....remember Jed Clampett!!!:lol

Anyways....oil, that is.....Texas tea....point is, this stuff was probably seen as just.....garbage, waste when first discovered.

Sometimes a gold mine could be right under your nose, and you won't see it.

The 'gold mine' is on the Moon, right now. It's called 'Helium 3'

I'd buy some stock, if it were available.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by umigo

i don't wanna say thay don't exist, but after what USA has gone true. i am more a believer off that maybe it is a set up. but that does't mean thay don't exist. just that i can't see if there is a master plan( NWO ) or just trying too keep it a secret with E.T.

but then agian if thay can fly through space and then even not make them
visible too the whole world and then only too some ppl off the world i can not say what is real or who is behind is all.. but we have just not got the WHole TRUST YET...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

thanks mate
.. jaah it is hard also when i am a little wordblind
( if that is a english word. when u are not good at spelling but listen and read english i would give myself a B+
) when i normaly are not on a English forum but the danish UFO forum what is supose too be like ats is not as cool as this
and we have no bigfoot and no UFO and so on and so on... some Ghost but not many
hehe

thanks for the update with histoire think alot off ppl forget it in all off those crazy youtupe vidoes

jaah your english is very good and read able

i am from denmark
heh but also in

tivoli are fine. got some new cool stuff tivoli site on english
just if u hadden seen it

u can write u2u me about what u like off stuff and i then can tell of some off it

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We have not gone to the moon again because...the price of oil is skyroketing! hahaha

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

kadara....I think I understand where you're coming from....sorry, I should write I think I understand where you are coming from....

Well....I fear the translation program won't (will not) do well with that, since it is idiomatic.

Rephrase: kadara, I think I know what you are trying to say (convey).

I applaud your efforts at saying them, in English. I also think your country, Denmark, looks very beautiful. (though, I do not care for pickled herring, sorry!)

I know no Danish....I looked up 'tak' to say "thank you" for posting here, it is good to see an International contribution to this site.

If I may make a comment back on topic, apologies if I am repeating myself. It is interesting, as I read this thread title, to see the Forum it is in. It is in the "Aliens & UFOs" Forum.

See, the gist of it (hope your translator can get that word!) is, based on the Forum, that the Moon is a base of operations for Extraterrestrials.

The prevailing theory is, 'they' have been watching, and guiding, for centuries. What really made them 'sit up and take notice' was the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bomb blasts, at the end of WWII.

See, first time that MAN had used nuclear potential. I think this was a watershed moment, in the view of more advaced beings who were/are watching us.

An example pops into my mind....imagine your two-year old child, in his playpen, suddenly jumps up with a loaded gun in his hands. I know, improbable, but just a demonstration to show how I think the ETs view us.....as children.

Perhaps, this is the wrong thread for this discussion. Perhaps I should start a new thread.....but, I'm not going to, because that is self-indulgent, and I'd just be trying to get points. I'd prefer to let the OP get the points, since it was his/her idea in the first place.

Anyway....NASA 'spoof' threads are a dime a dozen....(sorry, another American idiom)

thanks, and 'tak'

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadara_dk

other wise we would have been writen off them in all historie of Mankind and yet we only see of it some where and maybe thay have been seen skys and metories and others stuff or have been on drugs?? maybe i don't know..

EVERY MAJOR Religion of the world has writings of visitors from outer space... Just how many have you written? Start with the Vedic Scriptures... they don't pull punches and even mention nuclear explosions... something recently confirmed when they discovered a layer of radioactive ash covering the city

Ancient City Found In India
Irradiated By Nuclear Blast
8,000 Years Ago...

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Before stating that there is "Nothing written" you need to actually READ what IS written

The Sumerians wrote of Alien Gods... what we now call the Annunaki...

The Bible is full of tales... you DO realize that since God and the 'angels' are NOT OF THIS EARTH that they are in fact TRUE ET's no matter how you cut it?

The Muslims have no problem accepting that there are Aliens on other planets

The Catholic church now accepts this as well..

Vatican: It's OK to believe in aliens
www.denverpost.com...

Monsignor Balducci, now retired, is the highest ranking Catholic official to publicly speak to the issue of an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race.
fastwalkers.com...

Look up the "Greada Treaty"

Go to google Earth or google maps and cut and paste this location
-19° 56' 57.98", -69° 38' 1.73"

Written in stone... visible from space

More stone writing Petroglyphs...

and then again if thay where here in the old days why thay leave and just waitet???

Yes they just left left us to develop and we are not yet ready to meet them... just look at the petty squabbles around the world today... we are still stupid children trying to blow each other up...

You are free naturally to make your own interpretations, but you cannot say "nothing is written"

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

it is okay was just making a little joke with "from and in" hehe

both looks good.

and thanks alot for saying that about denmark, i just miss the snow
hehe

i am just very happy too have found this site. have missing it in my life
or after i got my eyes open a little too some things also 9/11 was some off it

thank you = selv tak ( forgot too see u write it
)
ps . good luck with EM football hope Russia gets Gold

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

much off denmark and also me are Protestants,
so where do we fit in

but i see most Church and all religiens as Lier´s and has been a set up for mankind ( my point on them after all that in old days with behave or GO TO HELL ) and then one day when i die i see the true there but now it is a diffent thing..

but do u also know that all religiens comes from the same so no wounder why thay all has the same ground histoire.

So if there is E.T and not a NWO. then i am sorry but there is too much evil in this world too the E.T will be showen fore us if that is true what u say. in other words i agree with u with the last u said
hehe

[edit on 26-6-2008 by kadara_dk]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

kadara....so it's 'selv tak'??

Is that the proper way to say 'thank you' in Danish??

I don't think two weeks is long enough to learn a new language. But, if I have some basics, I'd love to know.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

u know that danish is one off the hardest language too lern. but i think russia and some muslim and china´s and japans is hard
hehe

"selv = self" so u can't say on english self thanks( i think ) u say thank you.. so thanks on danish mean "tak" and if u said it back too one " selv tak " = thank you

u just u2u me if there some words and i would love too help u as much as i can

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
for once, a single word reply is adequate:

War.

That simple. War = no funding.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

What are you talking about? Vietnam was in full swing during the Apollo missions. Maybe you should have put more than one line...like an explanation or something.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Comte, and Gorman....I think Gorman hit it on the proverbial head, there.

I write a lot of words, but Gorman was succinct.

Just...my only beef with Gorman is....Vietnam was NOT a war. JUST as Iraq is NOT a war. They were, and ARE conflicts!!!

BUT, again....why is this thread going off target? I know, I helped to take it away, but I'm PULLING it back, right now!!!

Well...I think I actually made an oppurtunity to divert, so my bad!!

I think I brought up the concept of Vietnam, and how funds were diverted from the 'Space Race' to that other effort....so, it is my fault.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadara_dk
but i see most Church and all religiens as Lier´s and has been a set up for mankind

I would not call them liars... merely groups formed by man using an interpretation of events to suit themselves... Protestants are the same... just another version that was unhappy with the previous version (I too was born Lutheran in Hamburg
)

But the ancient texts still have merit... we CAN look for clues

HELL was created by Dante under paid contract to the Catholic Church
who already had a good handle on it with the Inquisition and the Jesuits going around the world wiping out things that did not agree with them

Early mind control work
Tin foil hats are NOT effective against Medieval Torture

As to NWO I do not believe there IS a NWO Prescott Bush et al funded the NAZI's and Bush is still in power today... all I see is the Old World Order doing business as usual... and I do not see any change coming anytime soon... just look at gasoline prices and who is a member of the Bilderberg Club

As to ET's I have it from very good inside contacts who have seen them and they are wearing US Military officer uniforms

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker I do not care for pickled herring, sorry!)

Ach!!! A man with no taste
I for one LOVE that Hamburg delicacy of pickled Herrings
and Cheese from Denmark???

Hehehe send me a wheel will ya?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon!! A full wheel of cheese?!? You have to be joking! What should I do, hide in a Tuba??? Or the entire Brass section of the orchestra????

(all of you "I Love Lucy" fans should get this reference)

Z, send my a U2U, and I promise I will buy a trinket from Denmark....or Germany (well, you won't want anything from there, you already have them) or Russia, or Sweden. (hint....we have two days in St. Peterburg....one day in Berlin, but I've been to Berlin so it's gonna be on the bus, off the bus, on the bus, off the bus....blah. Only reason I booked a tour, in Berlin, is because of the distance from the Port [Warnemunde]to the city. Didn't want to get left behind, if the trains had delays.....

Beauty of the Package tour (DenRus, in case anyone is interested) is they will get you back to the Ship, on time!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
I personally don't believe they went. The photographic evidence is clearly false, so many discrepencies! The numbers don't add up either, time taken, number of photos etc etc.

Your personal belief is noted. It's completely irrelevant though. Can you show any sort of evidence for what you're talking about?

The Apollo program started at the height of the cold war. The ruskies were in cuba with missiles, they had launched vehicles into space. Having started a mission to go to the moon the US absolutely could not ever ever under any circumstances....fail.

You're actually correct there. The US was committed to not failing. I'd guess that you are too young to remember when Americans had the attitude that they could do anything they put their minds to. The simple fact is that it was a monumental task that cost lots of money and several lives to achieve.

The US never went back because it was never there in the first place. It was all a cold war con. One of the best I have to admit, certainly beats the soviet con of having one missile going round and round in circles in the red square parades fooling the US into thinking they had thousands of such missiles !!!!!!

A con on the order of photographing one thing in multiple settings to make it look like many things is a great deal smaller than trying to fake a moon landing. If half of the moon hoax bull was actually real, it would have been EASIER to just go to the moon than to go to all the lengths the uneducated hoards think was done to cover it up.

Now I am quite willing to be proved wrong so plese show me a photograph of the Apollo 11 landing site taken recently. Even when ESA had a moon probe with the ability to photo the sites not one photo emereged...why? I mean come on, you have a camera with the ability to photograph the most momentous event in human history and you don't bother?

Two things here: 1. There has yet to be a camera created that can image a small enough area to capture anything visible in the landing sites. 2. We have a few thousand pictures of the events as they were happening. Why would it be a priority to get photos from orbit of the sites? You can't honestly believe that NASA (or anybody else) actually thinks that it would be worthwhile in order to satisfy the hoax believers, do you?

Where are the photos taken by telescopes that can be sold as souvenirs? I mean there is even money to made in such photos but there's nothing.

Sure. A few hundred million dollars to get some photographs that you could sell for $3.99 in the KSC gift shop. Of course, anything short of a private company taking a group of moon tourists to the Sea of Tranquility will be called fake anyway, so why bother?

NASA and the rest of the educated population will just continue to do what they've always done: create and invent the next steps in human technological evolution. The rest will just cry over their fear of fire, but eat the cooked meat when it's handed to them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join