It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has NASA never gone back to the moon?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StudioGuy
I would ask if there is ANY sort of actual evidence you could provide for the JL fantasy of a secret military base on the moon,

Well I do actually but need to pay someone to go and photo copy vol 2 and 3 from the US Army... when I have those ... not to worry I will let you know...

It would be great for somebody to explain how water can be used as a fuel. Water is a byproduct, not a fuel. It actually takes more energy to break the bond between hydrogen and oxygen than would be yielded. Oh wait, the aliens have some technology for extracting energy from water, right?

Well then I suggest you go to LPI and explain it to them, because they are one of my sources... There is a lot of Sun on the moon and solar furnaces can 'smelt' the oxide ores releasing the oxygen... As I said why waste the water/ice when you can use oxygen and hydrogen released from the rocks and use them for fuel?

But hey you spend so much time attacking my ideas you have none left to actually do some research and learn something.... I bet if you lived during the Wright Brothers you would have been one saying its impossible to fly...

Why don't you simply google the works of HH Schmitt... or is HE crazy too?

There are several thousand documents at LPI regarding Lunar and Martian mining... I suppose LPI, Norcat and Colorado School of Mines are all crazy too?

LUNAR AND MARTIAN FIBERGLASS AS A VERSATILE FAMILY
OF ISRU VALUE-ADDED PRODUCTS

by Gary "ROD" Rodriguez, Systems Architect, sysRAND Corporation

Lunar Regolith consists principally of silicates, in some cases as volcanic or impact glasses. We continue to contend that silicon is more versatile in application than all of the other Lunar available elements combined and shouldn't end up in Lunar slag heaps and instead should be the fundamental building block for a wide range of value-added products in a CisLunar economy. Fabrication of silicate glasses are conventional industrial processes and anticipated tensile strength of glass made under hard vacuum is an order of magnitude greater than glass produced in atmosphere containing water vapor.

The logic employed in our reasoning includes the fact that any In Situ Resource Utilization (ISRU) effort is going to yield copious masses of silicon oxides which can be used in bulk as conventional glass products or, after further separation, can be synthesized as Silicon and Silicon- Carbide Fullerenes for more exotic applications. Additionally, mechanical wrapping of Silicon Webbing could prove to be more practical and durable and a lot less brittle than attempting large scale hot glass molding of structural components.

Identified fuel production ISRU efforts yield partially heated masses of metal oxides as waste byproduct – rich in silicates and metal oxides useful in bulk as conventional glass products. Fiberglass manufacturing increases effectiveness of prior ISRU fuel production by taking advantage of mineral benefaction and elevated process exit temperatures. The resulting structures would be spheres and cylinders with various configurations that could apply to human support systems, along with structures useable as storage tanks for the very Oxygen liberated in ISRU applications.

ISRU can manufacture more than fuels: even spacecraft are feasibly and affordably manufactured on Moon based upon fiberglass "tankage" integrated with fiberglass keels. Second generation structural components may take advantage of Silicon Nanotubes for additional composite strength. Diverse products for human systems support are manufacturable in-situ using glass fibers and fabrics, and CNC-type programmable manufacturing delivering state-of-the-art flexibility of remote design and parts manufacture. These concepts suggest extensibility and evolutionary capability derived when machining tool parts from fiberglass.

Contemporary Terrestrial industrial composite fiber products range from pressure vessels to lightweight sporting goods. A large number of products related to human systems support can similarly be manufactured in-situ using fiber fabric made from lunar silicate glass. Building structures using spun glass would be similar to those currently employed by Raytheon Aircraft or Scaled Composites to build composite aircraft. Pressure containers, structural components, woven fiberglass fabrics, molded and machined solid objects, glass fiber and filament are each large classes of value-added products.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

The amount of ignorance I see lately at ATS is truly mind boggling... fortunately there are those that can see through the BS and actually learn something.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Actually, Zorgon....it is IMPOSSIBLE to fly. Just ask the scientists!!

joking.....actually, helicopters are impossible....millions of parts flying in close formation!!

But back to topic....I've been looking into it, and it seems the best spot for a permanent base on the Moon is at the South Pole. No major temp variations, fairly constant sunlight (and no two week/14 [Earth] day nights!!)

Plus, Clementine seems to have found possible water ice there, as well.

Oh.....and Caterpillar seems to be there as well...saw their ads....

Not to forget to mention, the stations at the Lagrange points.....have I revealed too much? Will the MIB come and erase me now??? I'll be in the pool......

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

.... I bet if you lived during the Wright Brothers you would have been one saying its impossible to fly...

Actually, it's more likely that it would have been you claiming that powered flight had been taking place since the Civil War but the sinister forces were keeping it a secret.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by StudioGuy

StudioGuy? Powered flight????

Sheesh!!! You are dreaming, man. I was becalmed the other day, in my sloop.....good thing I had my cellphone handy. The StarShip beamed me some supplies, as it passed overhead in orbit.

Almost like magic, that.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology would seem as magic...." a partial quote from Sir Arthur C. Clarke

Now, look at my sig......

edit* one typo....*I got better!*

[edit on 6/26/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Then there was that other incident, I can't remember what astronaut or mission but they said something like "We would like to confirm that there is a Santa Claus."

Apollo 8 launched on December 21st.......this comment was made on Day 4.....December 25, Christmas Day for much of the Christian world. The astronaut was having some fun.

It might be just that but I believe that the USAF and NORAD have always used "Santa Claus" to refer to the unidentified traffic intruding continental airspace that is not hostile USSR/Russia/China etc. In other words, for UFOs. It could be that the astronaut knew he could get away with this statement because it was appropriate to the time of year and so that was why he made it.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

It might be just that but I believe that the USAF and NORAD have always used "Santa Claus" to refer to the unidentified traffic intruding continental airspace that is not hostile USSR/Russia/China etc. In other words, for UFOs. It could be that the astronaut knew he could get away with this statement because it was appropriate to the time of year and so that was why he made it.

Can you provide any source for the idea that anybody uses that phrase at all?

It takes a huge stretch of circular logic to believe that Jim Lovell (or was it Frank Borman?) was referring to some sort of UFO when he made an innocent joke.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Certainly is possible, bluestreak. However, there were other frequencies that could have been used, once line-of-sight was re-established, that may have been UHF, not VHF.

The 'Santa Claus' comment could have been, as I've noted, just relief at the TLI burn, and sling around to the TEI. The idea was, no manned missions had, as yet, circumnavigated the Moon, to come home safely.

Just thoughts....edit....sory for hte lingo, space nerd here.

"TLI" is Trans Lunar Injection. "TEI" is Trans Earth Injection.

The idea of Apollo 8 was....well, the LM was not ready yet, Grumman was behind. So, as a publicity stunt, NASA sent Apollo 8 to the Moon, but on a return trajectory. A 'slingshot' if you wish to call it that, and it was similar to what was used to save the Apollo 13 crew.

Apollo 8, if I remember, was supposed to fly the first LM, in Earth orbit. Since the LM wasn't ready, 8 did the fly around the Moon, without the LM.

Proof of concept, in a way.

9 and 10 flew the LM, of course....and 11.

I'm just an amateur, of course. Feel free to corect any inaccuracies.

[edit on 6/26/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Hi SG,

I don't think anyone here is saying for certain that that is what they meant. It's nothing but pure speculation. Were just throwing ideas and theories around about the various ambiguities in the astronauts communications. The Santa Claus comment was most likely related to Christmas... but ya never know!

If you want to know if Santa Claus is a real code name for UFO's, I think Internos is your man. There ain't nothing that he doesn't know or can't research at the speed of light!

IRM

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The reason why we havent been back to the moon is because there is an invisible layer of intense radiation surrounding the earth. Its just out side of orbit, only unmaned craft can pass through it. Therfore weve never been to the moon at all....

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Ok, I'll give you that it's fun to speculate sometimes. It can be a little dangerous if people start to actually believe the fun "what-ifs" that they're considering are real. Granted, speculating on something spoken nearly 40 years ago is unlikely to create a dangerous situation if you speculate on its meaning. I still get a little uneasy when I see people posting pure speculation as if it is the gospel truth.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Plus, Clementine seems to have found possible water ice there, as well.

As I said a frozen lake 100 sq km by 50 feet deep I linked you to the Department of Defense briefing many times in the Moon thread

Oh.....and Caterpillar seems to be there as well...saw their ads....

Well of course... would you want to be left out?

If you have not already, I recommend you check out the US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL). They have a contract with Caterpillar to design lunar surface material handling equipment.

As I said it was the US ARMY that put the base on Farside in the 60's

But NORCAT is the one who built the "bucket wheel excavator for extra terrestrial use" that is mentioned in one of those documents... You KNOW we actually talked Dale we covered that already... his first question on returning John's call was "What's your clearance level"

Okay document 6004 seeing as this one was already done on the Moon thread...

REPORT ON THE CONSTRUCTION AND TESTING OF A
BUCKET WHEEL EXCAVATOR
www.thelivingmoon.com...

The Northern Centre for Advanced Technologies Inc. (NORCAT), in partnership with Electric Vehicle Controllers Ltd. (EVC), is presently engaged in the development and adaptation of existing mining technologies and methodologies for use extra-terrestrially as precursor and enabling technologies for ISRU and for use as ISSE in support of longer term missions.

More specifically, NORCAT, in collaboration with Colorado School of Mines, has developed, constructed, and tested a bucket wheel excavator. The unit is based upon the design developed by CSM’s Mike Duke and Tim Muff.

Tim Muff currently works at Lockheed Skunkworks...

The Bucket wheel unit was tested in this simulant in October 2004

Sudbury To Host Planetary And Terrestrial Mining Sciences Symposium

Sudbury is home to the world's largest concentration of mining technology expertise and area companies have been mining the 1.87-billion-year-old impact crater for more than 100 years. At first glance it may be difficult to see what connection that has to the space industry, and why we should care; a closer look reveals not only a strong link, but a compelling economic reason.

++snipped++

Mining technology developed for use here on earth has already been used as the basis for developing the technology required to mine the moon and Mars. Dale Boucher, Director of Research and Development at the Northern Centre for Advanced Technology Inc. (NORCAT), indicates NASA and the CSA approached NORCAT several years ago to leverage Northern Ontario's drilling expertise derived through the mining industry. That initial meeting in 2000 developed into a collaboration that continues to date.

SOURCE

Planetary And Terrestrial Mining Sciences Symposium

Not to forget to mention, the stations at the Lagrange points.....have I revealed too much? Will the MIB come and erase me now??? I'll be in the pool......

No but you did refuse to examine those doc and get back to me so I can only assume you are either a fool, or have an agenda...

I will get to that document tomorrow and break it down....

But did you do your homework and find out who owns Starcraft Boosters?

The MIB's have no interest in you trust me... your safe... you have to have real knowledge to be a concern to them

[edit on 27-6-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by unite_life

Thanks for the book info. I may get around to it yet but right now I've got way too much to read as it is. But what I am reading is impressive, amazing stuff. One book that I read 5 years ago had me reading it over and over. It was a book about SRV and how this guy went through this long process of getting trained by people who used to do SRV for the government. He eventually decided to use SRV to attempt contact with aliens, spirits, and beings from alternate dimensions, as well as popular religious/philosophical figures like Jesus and Confuscious (spelling). It sounds like it would be pretty far out read but it was actually pretty crazy and what he described in the book is extremely intriguing! I too thought SRV was fake until I did an SRV exercise along with the hosts of a popular radio talk show I listen to. By the time they said what the object was, I had drawn the object completely, described it's exact texture and coloration, as well as it's exact shape.... I still have the scanned copy of what I drew. Pretty mind boggling! Much more than coincidence that I happened to draw that exact object......

-ChriS

[edit on 27-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I don't think anyone here is saying for certain that that is what they meant. It's nothing but pure speculation.

Not for me its not I heard it live.... I suppose I will have to do the work and pull up the Apollo transcripts on the days BEFORE that "Santa Claus" comment was made.

As Mr Penny said it was a presentation for Christmas... they built it up and there were other comments leading up to it in the days before... they made it out like they were tracking a UFO... from the North Pole...

You people need to get out more

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Ummm you DO realize that the book he linked you to is Penetration by Ingo Swann? Grandfather of remote viewing, the main guy involved in the CIA remote viewing "Project Stargate"?

It is THE must read book if your interested in that Stargate ran from 1968 to 1995 and now goes under PsiTech when congress forced Stargate to go public...

Joe McMoneagle is a key player and so is Ron Blackburn... both good friends of John's

Ingo's website...
www.biomindsuperpowers.com...

Joe's website
www.mceagle.com...

Info on Ron Blackburn
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Read and look up some of the other names on Ron's page... its quite a who's who collection... and there is more but we can do that U2U or another thread...

PsiTech "Front" page

www.psitech.net...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by StudioGuy I still get a little uneasy when I see people posting pure speculation as if it is the gospel truth.

I get uneasy when I see people who refuse to do any research and yet try to convince people there is nothing going on... THAT is the real danger.

I back up my 'wild speculations' with reams of documents, but people like yourself don't even bother to look them over or follow the trail... its easier just to shout "Hogwash" and thump your chest on how right you are

That's okay... as they say "Ignorance is Bliss"
You must lead a very blissful life

But some of us actually have dinner with those key players

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sorry, Z....I am not in collusion with any of these other posters. I just felt I had to say that, on the board.

I should have U2U'd.....but I'm going to be in Berlin on July 13 (a Sunday...I know, most things are closed) But, any suggestions????

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree with you!

As many here will attest, I'm one of the last people that takes speculation to the point of gospel. Personally, I cannot abide by those types of personalities. Unless there is tangible proof, (whatever form that may come in) it can never be anything but speculative and should be treated as such.

I myself have no pet theories on anything though I do like to entertain a hypothesis via the means of probability and possibility. Two very important ingredients when searching for the truth.

Best,
IRM

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

IRM....excellent statement, as always.

I will get flamed for this (or else it will be ignored, passed over) but a certain ex-member....initials are JL, once posted a picture to show the 'atmosphere' on the Moon. (hint, it showed a Lunarscape with a bright yellow sky).

Turns out, that was actually a frame-grab from a Caterpillar online advertisement!!!!

So.....see how easy it is to deceive, once one starts to weave....

(made that up, I did!!!)

OK, flame away!!!!! (I'm talking to you! You know who I mean!!!)

Kidding, I'm a kidder....I love all members, they great. they bring llamas. I just looking for white castle.....

OOPs.....thought I was in the Board Forum. My bad. The topic? Uh, it is EXPENSIVE! AND, here's the rub....for what is spent in ONE DAY in Iraq, we could send a manned mission to the Moon!!!! In a WEEK in Iraq, for the money wasted.....build a platform to begin a mission to Mars!!!

What a waste.....

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, you appear to completely misinterpret everything that you read. I'm quickly becoming convinced that you do. I don't know how many times I've read nothing but adversarial poppycock in your posts and you assume so many things about people (mostly negative) without doing your own research.

Infact I won't even grace you with responses from this point onward because your a complete waste of my time! Stop acting like a child with all your name calling, presuppositions and tantrums. I'm tired of it and if I see it one more time, I'll happily report you to staff for T&C violations.

May I refer everyone to read your contribution to this thread, or should I say complete paranoid attack on me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Absolute Absurdity!

IRM

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Cheers WW!

Yeah I know the person to which your referring. Actually, I find JL quite entertaining. Though I don't agree with what he says, I do like listening to him and I think that beneith all the BS he is actually a pretty nice and approachable guy.

Yeah, the whole yellow sky thing was a bit of a giggle! I've recently seen new posts from JL, or someone who claims to be him. I doubt anyone will flame you. If they do then I'd take it with a grain of salt. It's hard to flame with no credibilty..LOL! By my experience here, all flamers live in glass houses.

Thanks again for the kind words mate!

IRM

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join