It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt. Finds Loopholes: Illegal Missles Are Now Legal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

It's not an issue if you just recognize that it was a stupid law to begin with. Next they'll be passing a law saying "ALL AMERICANS MUST FIGHT WITH ROCKS.. everybody else can use whatever they want."

I suppose you'll piss and moan if we don't follow that one, also?

So the prevention of terrorist weapons is a stupid law? America already has the upper hand with unspoken law that says "Americans can use nuclear weapons" no one else can, which is why our country plays world police and makes sure that no other country except us has them. Man, its a wonder so many other countries hate us when we act like you.

Now our mother, Britain has stepped in and joined our countries irrational mode of thought. Great. Wonderful.

Let me guess...wait...let me guess.
Your next line is gonna be, "America! If you don't like it, you can get out!!!"

"It's America's way or the highway!"

[edit on 6/23/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Mad Hatter its good that you like to stir up anger and get results but come on.

The military does do intelligence and they find these guys and do what they have to do... Your not on a need to basis your a nobody of course they aren't going to tell you why they are doing it.

Reports however confirm that the taliban have people placed all over the world to do massive killings while a lot of them have been captured... a lot of them are waiting to get the briefcase nuke. I dont really care what you have to say. The Taliban is a group of ignorant people who have fried their brains with opium and think its cool to shoot off rounds into the air. Did you know that bullets come back to the earth they dont go to the moon. Its been reported many people dying because of there ignorance and they do it all the time. No nothing is justified. But if by kiling 20 people to save a billion i think it is worth... IF it promotes true love for the world and finally ceases the existance of such hate. Mad Hatter how old are you? you look to be anywhere between 3-19. Seriously go join the worlds proudest military (didn't say they have anything to be proud of... not supporting them (altho I do)... ) then tell me what you think. Just beacuse your afraid of your shadow doesn't mean everyone else should either. Sometimes you have to accept the laws of humanity. Love is the truth.. anyone opposed to such is not truth... if they act violently and kill thousands... its time for them to die.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
Mad Hatter its good that you like to stir up anger and get results but come on.

All I did was quote a news article and try to present the argument that it is illegal to circumvent the law and make illegal weapons legal.

Then others try to come into the thread and turn it into an america vs. taliban debate.

I did not write the news article, so blame the news organization. You, sir, can point your finger elsewhere.

Sigh...I guess I will have to point out the irony in your statement if I have to:

Love is the truth.. anyone opposed to such is not truth... if they act violently and kill thousands... its time for them to die.

In fact...I don't even have to point it out....its right there...

And I am 23 good sir. And I am actually enlisting in the Air Force today. So would you like to keep on with your assumptions and rambling?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
You, Sir Are exactly why I left the Air Force.

Good day.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Actually, first of all, I hate when people use that whole "if you don't like it, then get out" line. I think I used it once, when some jack-hole was railing about how he didn't like the people here.

Once again you're responding to what you want me to have said, instead of what I actually said. And that's just friggin sad. Can't you find anybody who actually believes in all the horrible things you want to argue with them about? So you've got to sit there and pretend I said them, so that you can have a pot to stir? If there's one thing that indicates too much free time, it's failing at being a forum troll.

Oh... you asked if I think that banning "terrorist weapons" is a stupid law. Of course not. The US and UK Governments have used, I'm sure, plenty of terrorist weapons and for doing that they should be hung from the rafters. But you can't just stamp "terrorist weapon" on any bomb you feel like putting it on just so that you can say, "Oh, no, don't you go using that one!"

Thermobarics are just another type of bomb, that happen to work really, really well. You want to discuss the use of terrorist weapons, then fine. Talk about cluster bombs that don't explode until children pick them up. Talk about Agent Orange being sprayed randomly over jungles, or we can discuss whether or not D.U. rounds are poisonous.

Certain things should be banned. Others, like thermobaric weapons, are only illegal to give people an excuse to hate the U.S.

Rest assured, that if a day comes when the Taliban can drop a thermobaric weapon on your city, they'll probably drop two. Suddenly it won't be a "terrorist" weapon, it'll be "freedom fighters defending their homeland!"

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I agree with the use of thermobaric bombs. Besides beng poorly defined, it is in the arsenal of many nations, including Russia. I see no need to ban it; it is not nuclear or poisonous.

Here's a video of Russia testing the vacuum bomb:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

If there's one thing that indicates too much free time, it's failing at being a forum troll.

Way to resort to name calling because we don't agree, and then go star your buddies post.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
OK folks let's try to stay on topic and avoid stooping to a level which may need staff attention.

The OP has stated that the topic is the legality or illegality of the use of the bomb by the British, not about the Taliban per se.

Please continue your discussion on the topic

Remember:

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Thank you

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Hmm... I dont know that guy. But he has the right to express his theorys just the same as you do. I support you expressing your thoughts but You keep proving us why we are wrong with ignorance... not information to be true... just personal insight. Its like saying your the best man in the world for your girlfriend... How will she ever know that. So be as good as you can be... So in this aspect do your research... dont dog down anothers theory just prove why you think it wouldn't work. Anger is being stirred both sides. Im not really mad or upset I just dont feel like dealing with ignorance. Too much doom and gloom at the moment. You would rather fight with someone on beleifs then fight this in court that the world is developing massive human killers and using it. ( I personally am glad they are using it on the Taliban) But hey if we got it... im sure some other country has it... like russia (thanks jsobecky) The world is lost in greed in hate. We are all examples of that. Stick to the facts and I will too.

Edit to add: Just read your message mod.

Edit to add note to Mad: I just read your post below... Im not going to waste any more time discussing it. I do research daily. I also did research by enlisting and actually being privy to the information you are not. Im not posting again tho because ill prove im not posting for points

[edit on 23-6-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Hmm... I dont know that guy. But he has the right to express his theorys just the same as you do. I support you expressing your thoughts but You keep proving us why we are wrong with ignorance... not information to be true... just personal insight.

i never said what I presented was fact. Only my opinion. Can you please show me where I said that and not put words in my mouth? Thanks.

Oh, and also, where are you facts on the issue? All I see are your opinions. I did the research and brought the article to ATS. What research did you do? Once again, thanks.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wicked, about time they design a new missile, I could care less if people are whining that they're illegal and blah blah blah, Im sure they're must be someone out there that can appreciate technology, they're just ancy to test it out on a some terrorists thats all... nothing big, just another explosion on the mountain range, and besides who actually likes the terrorists, jeeze

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There can be no debate that thermobaric weapons are illegal. Clearly, they are illegal because that is a black and white line. It's either written not to use them, or it's not.

If the OP has posted looking for an actual two-sided discussion about the legality and justification of the use of these weapons, then that discussion will have to branch off to include such considerations as:

1) who they are used on and why

and:

2) whether or not the law is justified in the first place.

Bottom line: The fact that the bombs were dropped on a Taliban hideout is ENTIRELY RELEVANT to this conversation, whether the OP wants it to be or not. Why? Because a weapon should only be classified as a terrorist weapon when it is:

1) Used intentionally to kill indiscriminately, such as a truck bomb in front of a police station or a cluster bomb on a neighborhood

or:

2) Designed to operate, or operates by its nature, in a way that makes it impossible to reasonably limit the toll of civilian casualties, such as a weapon that spreads poison, disease, or radiation at the whim of the weather.

This particular campaign did neither, therefor it was not a terrorist weapon, and therefor it should not be illegal. That is why the discussion about the weapons being used on the Taliban is relevant here, in this thread.

If the OP is looking for people to sit around and say, "yeah, yeah, illegal mumble mumble!" then I propose that he either has come to the wrong web site, or he intends to sit in this thread and talk to himself.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's about time.

Maybe if we used these weapons 5 or 6 years ago - we would not have lost so many of our boys.

Any weapon that kills thes morons are OKAY in my book.

Anything to kill them.

Anything....

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma
reply to post by InSanE1

I've said this before and I'll say it again a thousand times.
As long as what the goverment does is to kill bad guys and protect the good 'ol US of A and our allies so be it!

Translation: As long as it's not in my backyard its perfectly ok.

We have seen this in Northern Ireland and mainland UK. As long as it did not hit mainland UK they did plenty inhumane things to the population of Northern Ireland.

Same thing happening in the US, as long as it is not happening in the US people turn ignorant. Same thing in the UK. People turn ignorant while it is not in their backyard.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

m00m00,

Is that a warning because it seems like it is. Its not even related to this thread really per say. Its just saying it happens all over the world. WHAT YOU DO WANT TO DO ABOUT IT? I mean seriously. What can people do against Powerful Governments. We put them there and they refuse to serve the common public... unless it is they know something we dont... which is more then likely... drrrr. They govern things... like relevance and its peoplle from mass chaos. Which from what I have learned from things... would happen if you knew even SOME of the things they know now. Someone has to take control and do what nobody wants to do. Might as well blame it on the U S of A! Personally I just think all the jews should move to the U.S. Give them Israel maybe they will shut up.

Let them use their weapons. Better on terrorists then their own public... oh wait thats next
Right?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by mOOmOO

m00m00,

Is that a warning because it seems like it is. Its not even related to this thread really per say. Its just saying it happens all over the world. WHAT YOU DO WANT TO DO ABOUT IT? I mean seriously. What can people do against Powerful Governments. We put them there and they refuse to serve the common public... unless it is they know something we dont... which is more then likely... drrrr. They govern things... like relevance and its peoplle from mass chaos. Which from what I have learned from things... would happen if you knew even SOME of the things they know now. Someone has to take control and do what nobody wants to do. Might as well blame it on the U S of A! Personally I just think all the jews should move to the U.S. Give them Israel maybe they will shut up.

Sure it is related to this thread it is in response to the "not in my backyard" ignorant mentality I see around here.

Nobody has learnt anything, nobody has an ounce of respect for anybody when they come out with blithering idiotic rants such as "As long as they kill baddies its ok". That is just pathetic and shallow. Those people do not know the horrors of their actions and statements. I say put them in a medic unit in the field. Let them see the actual suffering, Put them in that position.

I have experienced along with many others government abuse.

Army stopping and searching children comming home from school and that is peanuts to what governments have done, would you like that in your backyard? No THEN DON'T DO IT IN OURS.

How would you like to be searched when going shopping? In EVERY store incase you are carrying a bomb? yes children included. How about being held without trial? No, how about having a gun pointed at children by the British army on patrol and they think its a game? no? Not a toy gun either, a real SA-80 one.

That is just the tip of the iceberg of what people had to live with DAILY.

As for this weapon, it is not only illegal, it is immoral.

But its ok because they kill his fictional enemies who are THOUSANDS of miles away from his place. WTF?

People like this are sick mentally and need help.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

I agree, but perhaps you should explain your story. It normally works better for you that way. Otherwise people start to get a little upset when you dog their country and they dont understand why. I personally hate the way the world is turning out but I think it is a wide awakening for the human masses of the world. Something big is going on and we are just little careless ants going about and serving our colony.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by mOOmOO

I agree, but perhaps you should explain your story. It normally works better for you that way. Otherwise people start to get a little upset when you dog their country and they dont understand why. I personally hate the way the world is turning out but I think it is a wide awakening for the human masses of the world. Something big is going on and we are just little careless ants going about and serving our colony.

They dog their own country by their actions.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

They do, but if you really care for society you will do the right thing, and thats if you open your mouth explain the truth so that all ears can hear and that all mouths will be fed the truth as you know it. That way you dont sound like some dumpster raider looking for his next meal. I agree, but you have to remember... other people have closed their hearts you have to open them. Not close them more.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
this article made me go "holy s***, they just ripped off the game Metal Gear Solid by using a loophole like that"
, because in the game the U.S. makes a nuclear 'missile' (due to technicalities a missile is propelled by fuel and they made one using a rail gun which jettisons the nuke, and there is no need for fuel).

I have no say as to whether or not it should be illegal, because people will always exploit loopholes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join