It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt. Finds Loopholes: Illegal Missles Are Now Legal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Indeed who would benefit from the rise of opium? Think about it. The Taliban is at war here and need revenue for their war. Since they are forced out of power, its not a surprise that the opium production as risen. Not to mention what did the Taliban use to fund their war when they invaded Afghanistan in the 90s?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
O yeah there is nothing illegal about using this weapon. Same thing for the Daisy Cutter bomb eh?
Remember Zarqawi in Iraq and saw how he was killed? His organs were crushed.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

but the point a lot of us are trying to make is that, we are at WAR, this isn't candyland. why do we have to tip-toe through the tulips with these guys? they killed thousands of our citizens, and they were completely innocent. it's sickening to me to see people actually sticking up for them knowing full what they have done to us, as a country, and what they are capable of doing. even the UK has suffered attacks from these people, yet there are actually people out there that will still use the "they are human" argument. if they were human they wouldn't do the things they do. sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

i am totally against the war in Iraq, but i 100% support the US and our allies that are fighting the REAL fight, and the only one we should be fighting, in Afghanistan. the people there are barbaric murderers who would stop at nothing to inflict FAR more inhumane deaths to us then what they receive from these bombs. i think you guys missed the videos where they would saw a live persons head off on TV....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

I have spent eight years learning how to kill and during that time found out why not to kill. This is a prime example of when NOT to kill. Did these people REALLY attack us? Have any of you warmongers seen any of the videos of U.S. soldiers doing things in Irag and Afghanistan that they shouldn't be doing (i.e. harassing children, harassing Iraqi police, throwing grenades at sheepherders, raping the young women, throwing puppies off of cliffs, etc.) YOUR PRIZED ARMY acts more like a Viking raiding legion than soldiers.
Have any of you talked to the soldiers that have come home on the verge of a nervous breakdown? My step-brother was a platoon commander who had his subordinates (and friends) killed in front of his eyes and was severely injured because one of his squaddies decided that it would be funny to blow up some innocent people. My brother and my friends who have served in Irag say the war makes no sense to them and that the only "terrorists" over there is the U.S. Armed Forces & Friends. These people are not cowards. Some of them have served in upwards of 5-6 tours in both countries...
Some people in this country are so blind it breaks your heart.

I am not denying the existence of the Taliban or Al Qaeda and whatever other extremist religious faction kills others in the name of their invisible man (also, see Westboro Baptist Church). I am questioning whether or not America needed to go to war with "innocent" people when the true culprits of the 9/11 "Terrorist Attack" are on our own soil.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Please stay ON topic and cease the personal sniping please.

Thanks
Fred

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Imo, I say good for the goverment finding a loophole in the system and than actuly useing it! I say if it saves the lives of the military personel we have there so be it let there bodys be torn from the inside out. I don't care as long as I get to come home at the end of the day. War is hell people and we must be prepared to win by hook or crook, why should you care if the wepons are now legal by renameing what they are as long as they get the job done with minimal collateral damage, I say good for us about time we start fighting smart not hard.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by SPC_D]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think we can agree that we would rather not have any wars at all.

However, when you are on the ground in theater you want every edge you can get to enable you to come home. These lads need to know we care. They themselves don't give a flying duck what public opinion is. They are looking out for their mates and trying to stay alive. The USAF and RAF are doing outstanding work, and no Brit soldier under fire I know, would say any different. If this weapon helps, so bloody be it. I wouldn't want it dropping on my house, rest assured, but then again I wouldn't be in my house if all that cr@p was going on. I'd have buggered off and be looking after my family and not holding my hand out.

Yes, 'stan and Iraq are Cake and Arse parties. We shouldn't be there. But....

How can one weapon be illegal and another not. Surely they all should be...?
They are not though.

Let's get our lads home, instead of talking bollox on the internet. Let's talk to our enemies and see what's got them so anti. Until that happens, lets be farkin' realistic.

The time to wonder about using force and it's repercussions are long since past, my armchair Generals.

If any one has family out there, my thoughts are with you, as they are with the innocent Civilians caught up in this 5h1te.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Okay, there is a problem; you never proved that these missiles were illegal.
I searched the original article you posted and it never says that the weapon is illegal, so if the weapons were never illegal, and Britain said they would not use cluster bombs how is this a loophole? Cluster bombs and thermoberic munitions are as different as missiles and rockets, or automatic rifles and machine guns. Another thing to think of, if they voluntarily quit using some weapons how did that make them illegal?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

woot, US-100 Taliban-0 , I say blow them to *ell and back, like they didn’t ask for it, give them their 27 virgins. A human being would not blow up 3000 people, demoralize a nation like Afghanistan, subjugate its women to be worth less than their donkeys and kill their own children in the name of a "God". People like that are like roaches, they are a blight on the world and we need to go into their dark little caves they had in like bugs and fumigate them with our thermo-baric bug killers.....

LOL...I actually enjoyed reading your response. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join