It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt. Finds Loopholes: Illegal Missles Are Now Legal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

well, are you saying its okay for them to do this to US/British troops? soldiers are terrorists in amny of their eyes

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
All is fair in love and war. Thermobaric, nuclear, whatever.
Flying planes into buildings is fair, suicide belts, everything.

An illegal weapon??? What is such a law backed up with, I guess not enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well there was a futureweapon episode on that weapon. It was said to have been developped in 2001. And it was ready for 2003. So they were using that weapon long before they say in this article.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
War is War and it's very ugly im afraid!
The thing you have to remember is that terrorists have never/don't now and never will play by the rules, and they know that we do (to an extent....hence this article lol) and this is what really sucks cuz it gives them such a huge advantage, because they can use our 'fair play' to make things alot tougher for us than it really needs to be!
Now i have no idea why we would want to ban a weapon that we created in order to fight the enemy? seems totally pointless developing and building something we're not allowed to use!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Wow.. cool.

So the Brit's have balls after all! I didn't know they had it in them

The Brits have always had balls you stuipid gimp

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The Brits have always had balls you stuipid gimp

lol Made me chuckle.......yet so true............

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Wow.. cool.

So the Brit's have balls after all! I didn't know they had it in them!

This is the freakin' TALIBAN you're worried about. This is a bunch of cave dwelling terrorists who occasionally come out of their holes in the ground to raid nearby towns and enforce their psychotic Sharia law on small villages until NATO beats them back into the mountains, where they grow 99% of the world's opium supply.

These are people that set off truck bombs on crowded, public streets because one of them saw a U.S. soldier eating at a restaurant nearby. These are people that overtook a country and subjugated it to a barbaric pseudo-government, erecting mansions for themselves and leaving the people to live in squalor and anarchy.

These guys aren't the Iraqis defending their homeland, these guys aren't the disgruntled Al-Qaeda fighters who are mad because the CIA checks stopped flowing, these guys are the real deal: Cold blooded terrorists who beheaded their way to the top of the power chain in Afghanistan and now they refuse to let go and give the people of that country a chance to live.

So they got the crap blown out of them for it. Big deal, cry me a river. Oh let me guess, next you'll whine that their were "innocent people" killed. Save it. Innocent people don't live in fortified caves with AK47's taking pot-shots at anyone who tries to grow real food instead of drugs.
Or maybe "Refuges had formed a preschool and hospital in the cave..."
Give me a break!

Fixed...

This is the freakin' US of A you're worried about. This is a bunch of fast food eating terrorists who occasionally come out of their McDonalds or 7/11 to raid faraway countries and enforce their psychotic Democracy on sovereign lands knowing NATO is too spineless to beat them back into their crack houses, where they use 99% of the world's opium supply.

These are people that rape innocent okinowan school girls. These are people that overtook a country and subjugated it to a barbaric pseudo-government, erecting mansions for themselves and leaving the people to live in squalor and anarchy.
(LOL dont even have to change this one)

These guys aren't the freedom fighters defending human rights or their homeland, these guys are the disgruntled oil workers who are mad because the oil $$ stopped flowing, these guys are the real deal: Cold blooded capatilists who backstabbed their way to the top of the power chain in America and now they refuse to let go and give the people of that country a chance to live.

So they got the crap blown out of them for it. Big deal, cry me a river. Oh let me guess, next you'll whine that their were "innocent people" killed. Save it. Innocent people don't lock people up in Guantanimo in fortified lawless prisons for having an Arabic name or being of a different faith.

Or maybe America really does care about human rights....so go sort out Tibet with China - I dare ya - or maybe one of the current 32 Human Rights atrocities in Africa

Give me a break!

And before you report or ban me for simply "reversing" your post comments, think about certain things:
- can you or anyone prove they were terrorists?
- can you ensure that these weapons are being used only in circumstance where no other option is available?
- I would have thought the US of A or UK would have some guys and equipment that could easily take a "clay fort" as you stated.
- Some of the members here or lurkers may even be from the other side of the fence, the forum is global you know.

I knwo the "polite conduct rules" on this board, but I personally extend that to my fellow human beings, not just members of this forum, as the OP of this text should do also.

Ban me or Warn me if you feel it nessasary, but this sort of arrogant close mindedness is what starts such conflicts in the first place.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smans

chin chin smans

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

no not at all, whatever happened for "and eye for an eye" you kill people ruthlessly for your own gain, and you will BE killed ruthlessly for the gain of the people doing the attacking.

i understand you THINK it's inhumane, but you bleeding heart sissies don't seem to understand that given the opportunity, these people would unleash the EXACT same weapon on innocent civilions anywhere in the world.

im not trying to be a scaremonger. this isn't AQ or Iraq we are talking about. these are the REAL bad guys that we wen't over there originally to take out. now you are screaming for mercy when they wouldn't give you the same quarter if we were in their shoes.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by InSanE1

well i hate to put it like this but America is the number 1 enforcer of international law, and as bad as it sounds, a lot of the powers that be, think we are above international law, that is why we don't make excuses for it.

who are we going to plead for mercy to? ourselves?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ok, the thing is, from what i understand
that hellfire thermaboric missile isnt actually ilegal
read the ops posts again
it states the 'laws' are rather unclear and this missile isnt coverd by those laws
so first, the UK isnt breaking the law, and second, if they are using a loophole, surely rather then piss and whine about it, go plug the hole?
this might actually force a better definition of the weapons no?
and lastly, go go UK

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

woot, US-100 Taliban-0 , I say blow them to *ell and back, like they didn’t ask for it, give them their 27 virgins. A human being would not blow up 3000 people, demoralize a nation like Afghanistan, subjugate its women to be worth less than their donkeys and kill their own children in the name of a "God". People like that are like roaches, they are a blight on the world and we need to go into their dark little caves they had in like bugs and fumigate them with our thermo-baric bug killers.....

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ha, how do we know that they're killing Taliban? If they can find Taliban why can't they find Al Qaeda? Couldn't the victims be normal civilians? The Brits lie more than anyone else on this planet. Which shows that this missile controversy is no surprise.

Nukes are banned right? You can still use them whenever you want at the cost of your reputation.

[edit on 6/23/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day The Brits lie more than anyone else on this planet
]

where are you from again florida ha ha u stuipid boy dont even open that can of worms about lying

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smans

Wow.. cool.

This is the freakin' TALIBAN you're worried about. This is a bunch of cave dwelling terrorists who occasionally come out of their holes in the ground to raid nearby towns and enforce their psychotic Sharia law on small villages until NATO beats them back into the mountains, where they grow 99% of the world's opium supply.

These are people that set off truck bombs on crowded, public streets because one of them saw a U.S. soldier eating at a restaurant nearby. These are people that overtook a country and subjugated it to a barbaric pseudo-government, erecting mansions for themselves and leaving the people to live in squalor and anarchy.

These guys aren't the Iraqis defending their homeland, these guys aren't the disgruntled Al-Qaeda fighters who are mad because the CIA checks stopped flowing, these guys are the real deal: Cold blooded terrorists who beheaded their way to the top of the power chain in Afghanistan and now they refuse to let go and give the people of that country a chance to live.

So they got the crap blown out of them for it. Big deal, cry me a river. Oh let me guess, next you'll whine that their were "innocent people" killed. Save it. Innocent people don't live in fortified caves with AK47's taking pot-shots at anyone who tries to grow real food instead of drugs.
Or maybe "Refuges had formed a preschool and hospital in the cave..."
Give me a break!

Fixed...

This is the freakin' US of A you're worried about. This is a bunch of fast food eating terrorists who occasionally come out of their McDonalds or 7/11 to raid faraway countries and enforce their psychotic Democracy on sovereign lands knowing NATO is too spineless to beat them back into their crack houses, where they use 99% of the world's opium supply.

These are people that rape innocent okinowan school girls. These are people that overtook a country and subjugated it to a barbaric pseudo-government, erecting mansions for themselves and leaving the people to live in squalor and anarchy.
(LOL dont even have to change this one)

These guys aren't the freedom fighters defending human rights or their homeland, these guys are the disgruntled oil workers who are mad because the oil $$ stopped flowing, these guys are the real deal: Cold blooded capatilists who backstabbed their way to the top of the power chain in America and now they refuse to let go and give the people of that country a chance to live.

So they got the crap blown out of them for it. Big deal, cry me a river. Oh let me guess, next you'll whine that their were "innocent people" killed. Save it. Innocent people don't lock people up in Guantanimo in fortified lawless prisons for having an Arabic name or being of a different faith.

Or maybe America really does care about human rights....so go sort out Tibet with China - I dare ya - or maybe one of the current 32 Human Rights atrocities in Africa

Give me a break!

And before you report or ban me for simply "reversing" your post comments, think about certain things:
- can you or anyone prove they were terrorists?
- can you ensure that these weapons are being used only in circumstance where no other option is available?
- I would have thought the US of A or UK would have some guys and equipment that could easily take a "clay fort" as you stated.
- Some of the members here or lurkers may even be from the other side of the fence, the forum is global you know.

I knwo the "polite conduct rules" on this board, but I personally extend that to my fellow human beings, not just members of this forum, as the OP of this text should do also.

Ban me or Warn me if you feel it nessasary, but this sort of arrogant close mindedness is what starts such conflicts in the first place.

you basically just sat there and spouted anti-american rhetoric for ABSOLUTELY no reason other than to make yourself feel slightly better about your pathetic existence.

can you prove there terrorists?

hmm well, anyone with half a damn braing would tell you that if it walks like a duck, looks like and duck, and talks like a duck... guess what IT MUST BE A DUCK.

normal civilians don't hold up in caves with AK-47's farming opium, and taking pot shots at the innocents who are trying to grow food.

I think you have this mistaken with Iraq, these ARE the baddies, that flew two of our jets into two of our buildings killing thousands of innocents, which you have done such a wonderful job of trashing for no apparent reason, other then you are A.) jealous you can't be here or B.) were dropped on your head as a small child.

sir, i assure you that if it comes down to sending 25 american, or british soldiers into a cave which we have NO idea about the layout, or just blasting it into a dust pile, we will always elect turning it into a dust pile because THAT is the best solution. after all these are savages, and we are there to get rid of them.

you're right both countries have sufficient equipment to topple them in no time, as we have already proven. but if you don't understand the difference between walking into town and combating the badies, and walking into a closed off unfamiliar cave, then you need to enlist in the military and go try it out for youself since you seem to think it is so easy

people like you disgust me because you will take ANYTHING, and DO ANYTHING to try and use it to put a spin on it and turn it into anti-american Rhetoric because you think we are all so fat and so ignorant that we have no idea that we currently have a run-away governemt (albeit not NEARLY as bad as the UK.) we know whats going on and are actually in the process of trying to get Bush impeached. but if you think that we are going to pull our punches on these guys just because it looks humane, you my friend are mistaken, the wouldn't give you or me the same consideration, so PLEASE explain to me why we should give it to them? is it because it would make your conciouse feel better? im sorry, but i want the people responsible dead, not judge no jury, jsut the business end of a missle, or the business end of a rifle will do for me.

someone please ban that guy, if not form nothing more than completely disrespecting the thousands of innocent men, women, and childrem killed on 9/11/01

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A few points:

1) International Law is a misnomer. Really it's nothing more than agreements that can be exited or ignored at any time. The agreements are normally made because it was either advantageous or irrelevant to said country. Once it ceases to be advantageous or become relevant, it can be dismissed.

2) I always thought it was rather funny that they attempt to manage war and it's weapons.

My understanding was that the point of war was to kill your enemy until:

a) They are all dead.

or

b) The toll becomes too high and your enemy quits.

Using a gun to kill someone is no more of less moral than using a bomb or napalm, etc, etc, etc. They all end in the same way. Death.

3) The entire notion that humans are somehow more sophisticated and we should be "above" killing in the west is slightly funny. While we shouldn't try to kill any more people than we must and we should attempt to avoid killing non-combatants, we have devolved to the point in which we nitpick everything out of, what equates to, "nothing better to do".

4) I have no issue with the weapons of war and war itself. I believe the real problem rests with the process of deciding to go to war in the first place.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

what do you mean we can't find AQ? or that we can't find taliban?

sure we can find them, we know where they are. we also know where Bin Laden is, but you see the country that he is in right now is protecting him and won't let us go in.

so explain to me you US haters... why on earth if we are such a warmongering hate filled ignorant country, don't we just go in there turn the country into glass and be done with it? well gee, maybe we aren't quite as bad as some of you douche bags make us out to be.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
also from the same article:

Human Rights Watch argues they are “particularly brutal” and that their blast “makes it virtually impossible for civilians to take shelter”.

This is more proof of the Bank of England's Britain's genocidal policies, as well as the Fed's.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Like anybody really knows whats going on.

For all we know Bushes are buddy buddy with Bin laden family and made some deall to create a fake fear. WE might have agreements on drug selling.

Its well known the media are run by the same elite. All your decisions are made from the garbage we are fed.

The bottom line is mad hatter pointed out the govt is doing another dirty trick, so they are capable of doing almost anything.

Yeah, and its not america doing these crazy things. Its the cabal govt who owns alot of the world and probably your country as well. Americans are being used as the military machines. Yes we have stupid people in our country, but so do most countries. People always see more clearly from the outside and think they would be just as aware if they were born inside the propaganda machine.

The cabal is quite sharp, the outside world doesnt understand how mind control works and how good these guys are. If they had complete control of some asian or african country they would be far more persuasive. Much more people in those countries are poor and would eat up the news as fact.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Wow.. cool.

The CIA imports this cash crop, just as they had in Nam and as they do with coc aine (do a search on Mena, Arkansas, Gary Webb, or Cele Castillo) to fund their covert ops among other beneficiaries. Cele Castillo's website is Powderburns at

www.powderburns.org...
and Gary Webb's work is at

www.mega.nu:8080...

Thermobaric weapons should be banned along with napalm. I wonder how you'd feel about this watching a loved one exposed to and dying from this extreme suffering? If you don't see the crimes of the CIA and DEA, you've got a problem distinguishing the 'good guys' from the 'bad'. May I suggest doing a little more research, stepping back and looking at a bigger picture? The anti-narcotics teams trained in the US to fight smuggling in Mexico are now in the US using the training and equipment this government paid for to fight law enforcement (and anyone else who gets in the way) right here at home.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join