It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blue Pill People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gate13

au contraire - this thread simply demonstrates how many people there are who are so desperate to believe in ` something better ` that they will latch onto any fantasy they are fed

yes folks - i meany you read pill idiots who are so sure thay know " better " than the rest of us .

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I just want to thank the OP for this thread.

I suppose I could say that I have taken the Red Pill since birth. I realized that you cannot convince anyone of anything. They need to learn in their own way and on their own time. Blue Pill people live in their own bubble delusions and will fight to keep it that way. Period. You need only work on your own consciousness, for they(everyone else) will do just the same. One day they will wake up to reality, and they will see the delusions that they have been living. I just hope it will not be to late. Wake up world!

"Most people want security in this world, not liberty." ~H.L. Mencken, Minority Report, 1956

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by gate13

au contraire - this thread simply demonstrates how many people there are who are so desperate to believe in ` something better ` that they will latch onto any fantasy they are fed

yes folks - i meany you read pill idiots who are so sure thay know " better " than the rest of us .

Your choice.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakened sleeper
I just want to thank the OP for this thread.

I suppose I could say that I have taken the Red Pill since birth. I realized that you cannot convince anyone of anything. They need to learn in their own way and on their own time. Blue Pill people live in their own bubble delusions and will fight to keep it that way. Period. You need only work on your own consciousness, for they(everyone else) will do just the same. One day they will wake up to reality, and they will see the delusions that they have been living. I just hope it will not be to late. Wake up world!

"Most people want security in this world, not liberty." ~H.L. Mencken, Minority Report, 1956

I love when I come in contact with people such as yourself. It's like finding a long lost family member.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by gate13

You missed the entire point of this thread. I am not sure what else to say at the moment. Desperate? Look at your intentions through your words.

EDIT: I really wish people were beyond name calling. We are better than that, come on man. In the end all we've got is each other.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Asmus]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by gate13

Where do anyone claim they know "better"??

Have I missed a post?

I roamed around this site, just reading and less posting. And I often see the same people make fun of or petronize people with different believes than themselves.

You accuse people and say that they claim they know better, at the same time you claim them as idiots... uhmm...

I have no problems with people who don't want to believe the same things as me, I don't have a problem with people who are sceptics, in fact I think that is more healthy than sitting infront of the computer researching for hours as I do.
But I do have a problem with people who aggrovates on other peoples believes.

Let them believe what they want. Let them post the things they want.
As soon as a new post are being posted ( no matter the issue ) I always see one of those "the same people" making harsh posts that this and that is not correct etc.

You often ask for proof, but do you have the proof to back "your" story up?
Sometimes yeah, you might have it. But most of the time...no.
I actually can't understand why some have been spending time register on this site and read as much as they do just to call people an idiot for believing a certain thing. Beats me...

And as said in a previous post, there is NO POINT, what so ever, to try an convince people about your believes. We can only encurage people to start doin their own research even if their agenda is to debunk stories.

Ying and Yang, debunkers are just as needed as Ufology people.
But both should treat eachother with respect, not this pie tossing that is going on in many threads.

To OP:
I like the post. I think blue pill / red pill thing has a different meaning for different people though. In all I think it speaks mostly of the general awareness that I think is important to have.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

You could not be more correct ! Our government (applies to any) relies on the fact that most people will go ago; with whatever. They know most people value COMFORT. To establish their "AGENDA" the following key TACTIC - rules the day. IT'S ALL IN THE PRESENTATION. During the Cold War, the USSR did some very intense research on brainwashing (they called it positive conditioning). From it, they learned the following: Any person, when subject to a reoccurring message, would adventaully begin to accept at least some part of it as TRUTH". The CIA also did similar studies. Both learned that once the FOUNDATION (key point or message) was in place, it could be built upon over time. The message would then circulate in a persons SUBCONSCIENCE and would REINFORCE the key message over time. The time needed to set a foundation message - on average was 30 days - using non-violent methods. With weaker minded persons, it could be done in as little as a day; only the most free thinking - aka - IQ Positive persons - could resist indefinately. Scary, huh. Now, all the IQ Positive persons who read this will say " Amen, Brother " the sheeple (IQ questionable) people will say man that guy is paranoid. LIVE FREE - IT'S THE ONLY WAY - QUESTION AUTHORITY - OFTEN
Attention: I am starting three new catch phrases, as of this date - IQ Positive & IQ Questionalbe & IQ Negative - Feel free to reuse them often.......when replying or posting messages on this board.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The reality of behind-the-scenes Elite directors of what we know as Policy is exposed to some degree by various authors.

I'd recommend a Jim Marrs book with no reservations.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Excellent thread, DD, and great posts from those of the Red Pill persuasion. As I see it, the Grand Illusion of the Blue Pill is best defined by 2 controlling entities: (totalitarian) rule by secrecy (National Security State, as least in US terms) and organized religion. Without them there is real freedom. They basically work together... We're on the right track, and freedom appears certain to happen at least relatively soon; and perhaps sooner than any of us would think possible. Truth will out.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma
You do know Matrix jus a movie right? it is jus a movie.

ObamaMomma, and you asked why you gain foes on ATS?

Respected Foes / How Do I Get Them?

This is an exact reason for it. As well as what posted in your thread, you wear your political beliefs on your sleeve, in your chosen ATS user name.

Movies are not "just movies" as they are metaphors for different things sometimes, as well as ways of understanding different ways of thinking about the world we live in.

They are also instructional tools for someone who knows how to use them in that sense.

In other words, ObamaMomma, you are a follower, someone willing to only follow, without question, as expressed on your "just a movie" comment, in that you can not see the allegories and metaphors as anything more than "entertainment" it shows a limited perspective on your part.

I was told by a very important person, that Rod Serling, the creator of "Twilight Zone" was written at a time when questioning authority was extremely detrimental to your social standing as well as being watched by the Government.

Serling apparently wrote his "science-fiction" as well as "horror" stories as a metaphor for the brainwashing the Government was sponsoring at the time, and he wrote into the TV show like this, to make people stop and think and consider, taking "the red pill" or "the blue pill" like DimensionalDetective has so elloquently pointed out in this as well as other posts on ATS.

This wasn't an attack against you either, ObamaMomma, just that your comment struck a nerve, and I used it as an opportunity to parallel DD's post.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Movies are not "just movies" as they are metaphors for different things sometimes, as well as ways of understanding different ways of thinking about the world we live in.

They are also instructional tools for someone who knows how to use them in that sense.

I cannot agree more. Thank you for this post.

75%(estimated) of movies are exactly that; they are not only art, they are truth.

1) The deep shadow-elite use movies to inform us sheep of reality. They cannot just come out and say, "Hey, sorry sheep we lied, there are aliens out there. In fact they work for us, hell some of us are aliens. We are also killing you off and you don't have a clue." No, they use movies to inform the public. This is known, this is fact.

2) The visionaries and freedom fighters and truth speakers also use movies to inform the public of reality:

They Live
The matrix
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Truman Show
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
What Dreams May Come
Vanilla Sky
and many, many more.

The sleepers are awakening

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I was offered the red pill. Then I was offered the blue pill.

I took neither.

I found for myself an alternative that did not constrain me to either of the choices so freely available to the rest of the masses.

I took the yellow pill.

And I know the Matrix is not real. And I know the movie called "The Matrix" is not a depiction of anything real. And I know that there is so much to know than what the blue pill takers and the red pill takers can even conceive of in their wild imaginings.

I was fortunate to find the yellow pill. The people who take the red pill are fortunate. Even the blue pill takers are fortunate. For none of them are as enslaved as the people who take the black pill. The black pill takers are destined to be forever enslaved by their own stupidity and ignorance of anything in this World. All they know is when it is time to eat.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hey DD, good to see you again. Hey ignorant_ape, long time bud!

I think what WhatTheory is looking for is some substance to this thread, I know I am. So far what I see is generalizations. "people are blind" "The MSM is evil" "They NWO lies" "Theres a system of control" La de da.

Its fine to generalize but when there is no real examples to back anything up, these threads seem hollow.

Now at this point, I sound like I'm just a complainer, so I'm going to try and get the ball rolling with a specific example of Global Manipulation and Democratic Usurpation against all peoples of the world.

( I Do not intend to cover the whole issue im about to engage in as it required a lot of history lessons. My intention with this post is to get some of the less "detail oriented" people in this thread to get out there, get some facts, and start posting some substance. Opinions are great filler, but when it comes to a main course, it leaves on wanting.)

Globalization, World Trade, and the Autocratic Organizations designed to crush Sovereignty and Democracy worldwide.

We've all heard the buzz word, Multi/Trans-national Corporations, but what does it mean to be truly Trans-National, how do you raise a Corporation above the sovereign laws of the host nation, and how do you do it without anyone getting pissed off?

One of my favorite authors says it best:

"One way to elevate the giant transnational above the sovereign power of nation-states and beyond the control of democratic constituencies is through "free trade" agreements such as NAFTA, GATT (what an interesting acronym), and similar agreements. As presented to the public, free trade does away with irksome regulatory laws and integrates national economics into a global trade system, thereby creating more trade, which brings more jobs and greater prosperity-a process galled "globalization" and treated as a natural development beneficial to all." [1]

GATT's successor (if you can call it such) was the big and powerful oligarchic World Trade Organization which is an international association of about 120 nations, that have the remarkable right to overrule or otherwise change any law that may interfere with international investment and market opportunities of Multinational Corporations. How does this happen exactly, well its very similar to a board meeting. A three member panel is created to deal with complaints from signatory nations/Corporations; this panel has an immense amount of power and many of the members are pulled directly from the Corporate world, there are no conflict of interest rules, and they meet in secret. (Talk about letting the fox guard the hen house!)

No free-trade restrictions are directed against private business; almost all are against governments. Signatory governments must treat foreign companies the same as domestic ones and honor all corporate patent claims made on the world's natural resources. Should a country refuse to change is laws when a "free trade" panel so dictates, it can be fined or deprived of needed markets and materials.[1][2]

As published in The Financial Times and quoted in Znet Magazine

A former WTO official was quoted in a 30th April 1998 article entitled 'Network Guerillas' in the Financial Times explaining the WTO: "This is the place where governments collude in private against their domestic pressure groups. Allowing NGOs in could open the doors to European farmers and all kinds of lobbyists opposed to free trade."[3]

From the horses mouth, so to speak.

The WTO also accepts and enforces patent control (read: monopoly control) on indigenous and agricultural products, regardless of how long such products were in use for and regardless of the health benefits or risk implications. The following two examples ring true:

"The WTO's manic tilt toward commercial values is perhaps best highlighted by its rules seeking to commodify everything - to turn everything into a form of property - so that it can be bought and sold. For instance, the new system gives patents - and thus exclusive marketing rights - for life forms and indigenous knowledge.

"Consider what has happened in India, where the indigenous population has used the neem tree for medicinal purposes for generations. After a U.S. importer discovered the tree's pharmaceutical properties, multi-national companies from the U.S. and Japan sought and received numerous patents on products made from the tree, leaving the indigenous populations unable to profit from knowledge they have developed over centuries." [2][3]

The second dealing with AIDS drugs:

Although a loophole in TRIPS theoretically allows governments to bypass medical patents in cases of public-health emergencies, wealthy countries—particularly the United States—and transnational pharmaceutical firms have exerted heavy pressure on developing countries against such policies. From Thailand to South Africa, from Israel to Brazil, despite the most devastating plague since the 14th-century Black Death, U.S. trade officials and drug companies have threatened trade sanctions and brought lawsuits to prevent the manufacture or importation of cheap generic anti-AIDS drugs. But growing international outrage has finally forced the companies to drop the lawsuit against South Africa, and is pressuring the WTO to revise its rules on medical patents in poor countries.[4]

In a report released last week, Oxfam said it would launch a new worldwide campaign to cut the cost of medicines for the poor, calling on the WTO to change patent rules, which it says result in restricted access to life-saving drugs. In addition, the group seeks changes to WTO dispute settlement rules, under which disputes over the Agreement on Trade-related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs) and other WTO Agreements are adjudicated.[5]

What great about the last quote is we are actually seeing that NGO's (non governmental organizations) are making political headway against the WTO. While the initial victory tastes bitter-sweet, the fight is only beginning. Even now we in North America (and im sure, many other parts of the world) are breating in MMT which his a known carcinogen.

Under NAFTA, the US-Based Ethyl Corporation sued the Canadian government for $250 million in "lost business opportunities" and "interference with trade" because Canada banned MMT, an Ethyl-produced gasoline additive considered carcinogenic by Canadian officials. Fearing they would lose the case, Canadian officials caved in, agreeing to lift the ban on MMT, pay Ethyl $10 million compensation, and issue a (misleading) public statement calling MMT "safe." California also banned the unhealthy additive; this time a canadian-based Ethyl company sued california under NAFTA for placing an unfair burden on Free trade.[1]

The WTO supports monopoly control over natural and health related products. It supports big businesses interests by quashing any law or regulation that stands in the way of Finance Capital. In short, The World Trade Organization is the antithesis of democratic organization and power.

[1] Dr. Michael Parenti, Democracy for the few
[2] For more information See Lori Wallach and Michelle Sforza's book The WTO
[3] Znet Article
[4] Whats wrong with the WTO?
[5] TRIPS, AIDS Drugs and Developing Countries

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakened sleeper
1) The deep shadow-elite use movies to inform us sheep of reality. They cannot just come out and say, "Hey, sorry sheep we lied, there are aliens out there. In fact they work for us, hell some of us are aliens. We are also killing you off and you don't have a clue." No, they use movies to inform the public. This is known, this is fact.

Im sorry but im calling utter BS on this part, especially the last line. Perhaps you can give us a source or two that states this as a fact, that some governmental officials, or policy making body, or regulatory commission, or whatever, has said they use movies to tell the truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
*sniff* *sniff*.......what's that smell?

Oh, I've got it.....the stink of elitism. Expressions of contempt or condescension towards people you think don't "get it"......utterly trashes your smug assertions that many of you are "awake" or "open minded". Get over yourself.....your paranoid rantings are nothing more than the result of a different genre of manipulation. And you don't get that....

Great, now we have another means of division. "Blue pill" people vs. "red pill" people. Apparently, the "red pill" people think the "blue pill" people are unaware or uncaring of the manipulation that goes on from media and government. Me, I love my little purple pill.

Who exactly is being manipulated here? Who's to say the "reddies" haven't simply fallen for another form of manipulation? One based on a different paradigm of paranoia and fear? Keeping a populace widely divided, with little area or expression for a middle ground, is an accepted strategy for maintaining control and secrecy.

These expressions of "opinions" by those that claim to be "red pill" people that are riddled with absolute statements, a tone of superiority, or sets a person or class of persons apart from the herd....is the result of subtle manipulation and the dissemination of specific, designed 'memes'.

Who exactly is living in a "Matrix" here?

[edit on 21-6-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The pills, originally from Alice in Wonderland, and later The Matrix, are a great metaphor for the choices we make in regards to what we choose to believe, or not, and incidentally, the path in life that we choose. In the movie, the red pill is the pill of truth.

But to take the metaphor a little further, we have to chose between these two pills many, many times throughout our lives. The red pill is the pill of unconventional thinking, the blue pill is the pill of conventional thinking. Where I find fault with red pill people is that they have a general tendency to take the red pill just because they like being unconventional. But we have to be extremely careful, because often the red pill is the pill of falsehood or even deadly poison.

But I like red pill people in general. Some of the red pills they are selling are very good and truthful, indeed! And it's hard to find anyone else who sells them!

[edit on 21-6-2008 by phl0gist0n]

[edit on 21-6-2008 by phl0gist0n]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i liked the part in movie with guns. bang bang! it was fun.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A wise man once handed me a quarter and said "when you can tell me how many sides there are to this coin, you will be ready to lead". I looked at that coin and his message was obvious. The edge of a quarter has many small facets in addition to the obvious front and back of the coin.

The problem with people like the person who wrote that piece, is that to them there are only two sides to everything. They see that a tiny number of people are adversely affected by a vaccine and they reel in horror and label it a conspiracy against mankind. They fail to see the millions of lives these vaccines have saved.

They look at restrictive laws, like those dealing with Homeland Security, and they see only the restrictions and fail to see the fact that their are really Monsters that these laws are supposed to protect us from. Rather than saying, lets fix these Acts and Laws; they say we have got to get rid of laws altogether and let Anarchy reign.

Their vision is so narrow and their paranoia is so in control of their psyche, that they withdraw into a fantasy world where they withdraw from normal society. They begin to see a GIANT Conspiracy and imagine there are actually millions of people locked away in back rooms in government buildings; monitoring their every word and move.

Even the most stable among us is susceptible to such paranoia when things go wrong in our lives. A huge problem with this is they can no longer tell what the real dangers are and they become fodder for confidence persons and are victimized by their own delusions.

People like the person who wrote this piece loose the ability to pick out the real bad guys and can no longer distinguish between real dangers and wrongly perceived dangers that are a product of their own paranoia. They become the groupies who follow the false Messiah's. Anyone who says the words they want to hear can control them or lead them to their own destruction.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
...People like the person who wrote this piece loose the ability to pick out the real bad guys and can no longer distinguish between real dangers and wrongly perceived dangers that are a product of their own paranoia...

Excellent point. Some of those red pills are actually little red herrings in disguise.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by awakened sleeper

People like Moore and Gore have made huge amounts of money advantaging peoples fears. People who are so consumed with their fantasies, they can't see them snickering at their victims inability to see that they are being led around by their noses. Anyone who thinks these people actually care are deep in denial and a fantasy world.

Yes there are real conspiracies and many bad people in leadership positions. Many horrors occur on this Planet. Letting the fears it creates in us, consume us, will only make matters worse. Letting those fears so damage our ability to reason that we start to live in a world of delusions only makes us easier to control.

The real answer is to take the Black and White Pill of reason and common sense. Change can only come from a position based in reality. There is no Matrix, but there is the real world in which we can choose to live a productive life and perhaps have more pleasure than pain; or we can bury our heads under our fears and paranoia. We can learn to use the system and actually change things or choose to fight the system and withdraw into a fictional world and use it as a cocoon to shield us from our responsibilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join