It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget UFOS :An alien caught on surveillance tape, May, 2008

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Can you post a pic of the 400% zoom please? That way the rest of us can see what you are talking about and since you have already done it there is no use in everyone having to retrace your steps. It would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Why do people make posts like yours? You don't seem to be a very happy person. He may have posted the video because he found it somewhere and thought it was relevant in the UFO & Aliens board, you know with it supposively having an alien in it and all. If your argument is going to be that it is obviously a fake then show me a real one to compare it to. If you can't do that try to make an intelligent post with links or pics or something to back up your position, please.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So it was just sitting on the ground and got up?? Where is the rest of the tape? Seems like I always feel like I'm missing something with these videos..

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I say lets have some fun with this video... since for the most part it seems to scream "fake" for most people...

So i've created a little optical illusion play with the "supposed alien" that will use a almost forgotten concept called "freeplay" or better known as "Parallel Viewing". It's easy to do and I will break it down for how to do it.

Parallel viewers should start by letting the eyes relax while looking at a stereo pair so that the eyes will naturally want to point straight ahead. As they begin to point straight ahead, the eyes will be pointing at their respective images. As the eyes relax you should notice similar objects in each of the pairs moving toward each other until they overlap each other. When the images overlap completely, you will become aware of three side by side images. The center one will be in stereo. Placing a sheet of cardboard or any other stiff piece of paper, acting as a separator, vertically between the images sometimes helps beginners.

Cross eye viewing
Cross eye viewers should start by lining up the nose with the imaginary line between the left and right images. While looking at the stereo pair, bring your finger tip just in front of your nose and slowly begin to focus on your finger tip while still trying to stay focused on the stereo pair. Attempting to focus on your finger tip should cause your eyes to cross. You should see the two images begin to spread apart with a third image trying to occupy the center area between them. Next, try to concentrate on the images so that they are in sharp focus. When the two outer images spread far enough away from each other, the center image should pop into focus as a stereoscopic image. Cross the eyes just enough to see three distinct images. The one in the middle will be in stereo. The object is to quickly switch the focus from the finger tip to the center image in the background while maintaining the eyes in the crossed position. Concentrate on that central image and try keeping the images fused for a while to sort of train your eyes into thinking that being crossed is OK.

Now the cool thing is that after a short while your going to be able to view this video in whole different way. And oh yes, if you feel you must, you can try to see if anything else is revealed by seeing the stereographed image revealing if this is indeed a alien, or simply a guy in a robe with a mask on...

Have fun..

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Where in the video would you like this alien to be placed to deem it real?

Seems pretty real to me, but who knows nowadays.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Tg1314]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It does look pretty dodgy.. pity.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There seems to be a shimmer around this "thing" as it turns around in the head area.

Also when you replay over and over from 04 to 06 and watch "its" legs.. they seem to be stationary, as though on a platform to turn.. even looks like "its" turning on its toes?

I don't see any leaves moving as it departs.. and I find it odd that they never posted the "full" video when this "thing" came into view??

I don't believe it to be genuine...

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You are right, it seems to "spin" around then walk off. If you watch his feet in the first few frames.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Everyone seems to focus on the alien. What about the "surveillance tape" itself?

Its IR, in the middle of a forest. Ok, I'll buy that part. Then the "alien" appears, moving so smooth it looks like its at the eqvivalent of 100+ fps. Riiiiiiiiiiight... So this IR camera, how many TERABYTES of memory does it have onboard?

AFAIK, all surveilance cameras shoot at slow pace so they can store more data (like 1 fps). Wildlife cams in particular usually only take snapshots due to movement.

Even if this has been motion tripped, I find it strange that the video begin in the middle of this movement. Suspect to say the least.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by merka]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This may be the first depiction of an alien that actually has a substantial glutteous maximus (ass).

That isn't meant as proof of fakery - but other alleged alien footage seems to show their physique to be less - bulky.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Forget UFOs: I wish I knew how your arrogant posts keep getting starred-up and who the hell is doing the starring, that's one thing I'd like explained above all. You may be right in most cases but your attitude and egotistically worded posts never fail to make me roll my eyes, regardless of the content. Still waiting to come across a thread in which one of your posts has been removed, lord knows most of them are at least review-worthy in my opinion. Deny Arrogance people!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

EXACTLY the question i was going to ask. He also seems bulkier than what i would expect from an alien. not saying that makes it less believable, it just looks like a human dressed up as an alien to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The background looks like a still shot photo of a forest. Not a single thing moves. No birds. No swaying branches. No background movement of anything involving nature. Plus the 'alien' looks a bit sharper than the rest of the image. Its bad fake if anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Another thing that frustrates me is how the people are allowed to post videos of stuff like this claiming it is 'Alien' before it can be proved either way. Its seems to me like a ploy to get attention and beef up ATS points. Sorry if I sound negative, but the waters here are very muddy lately.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Interesting Johnny interesting, I don't think anyone has tried your suggestion or they would see.... eventually.

By the way that's not far from me!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenVisage

Forget UFOs: I wish I knew how your arrogant posts keep getting starred-up and who the hell is doing the starring, that's one thing I'd like explained above all. You may be right in most cases but your attitude and egotistically worded posts never fail to make me roll my eyes, regardless of the content. Still waiting to come across a thread in which one of your posts has been removed, lord knows most of them are at least review-worthy in my opinion. Deny Arrogance people!

I think I see both sides of the coin here. I participate in Ignore's frustration. I am just about fed up with all the all caps "LOOK AT THIS REAL ALIEN OMG!!!!!!!!" posts that keep popping up constantly. They seem to be offered by alarmists, and amateurs either looking for attention or believing everything they see. When you call them out, they just freak out in typical all caps fashion.

However, in your defense, it seems that any post that proves divisive (on ATS or otherwise) will ultimately hurt and divide the UFO community. Ultimately, the best approach is to educate these newcomers, instead of taunting them. This is quite a daunting task, but I suppose, a necessary evil of our field. MODs, I applaude your patience. I don't know how you do it.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 123space

cool,thanks for sharing this vid.

looks pretty good,i dunno if it's real or not,but it is possible.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
do what I did (and I have a feeling W.O.S. did) click right at the beginning of the video about 8 times in a row.

You'll see the person wearing the alien mask crouching further down (to hide behind the tree line) and right after crouching stands straight up and LOOKS towards the camera, and walks off camera to the right. funny thing is during his crouching he's moving towards the left... Proving this is staged.
Why change directions for NO reason? because We wanted to ensure we got a video of the guy appearing and walking off.

Very poorly done. Even the bigfoot tape in the 70's wasn't THIS bad.

No offense op.

It's just too obvious when you watch it over and over.

Coven

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When I look at an 'alien' video and actually laugh out loud, then that is a strong indicator that it ...just..might...be a fake.

I guess aliens can now join bears in sh***ing in the woods...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join