It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorsebet

I was referring to his comments on the Katrina vs Iowa

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There is nothing more pathetic than the rage of a white man who feels as if he has lost his right of entitlement.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

If you want to bring up the issue of certain races feeling they are entitled to anything, you should really focus on blacks.

Then again, you seem to have a problem accepting any truth whatsoever, so maybe it hits a little too close to home for you.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Have we any evidence that Midwesterners are anywhere stranded in a major city largely abandoned by everyone else, in a single large building without food and water and have been so for days? That is the only accurate way to compare the two situations, IMO.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

Whites in US: 27 million
Slaves in US: 4.5 million
Slaves in South: Just under 4 million
No. of blacks & whites that owned slaves: 385,000
Free blacks in South: 262,000
Percentage of whites in US that owned slaves: 1.4%
Percentage of whites in South that owned slaves: 4,8%
Majority of white slave owners owned from 1 - 5 slaves
Top 1% of white slave owners owned 50 or more slaves

Free blacks owned slaves at a much higher percentage than whites did. There were about 10,000 free blacks in New Orleans & about 28% of them owned black slaves. They owned about 3,000 slaves. This information is from black Duke University Professor John Hope Franklin.

But by all means blacks today should be pissed at the white man and we are to blame for their failings? They need to look in the mirror. They are the ones that owned slaves in America at a higher rate than whites...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorsebet
You may have to hate me too, because Rush specifically and repeatedly referenced race. He said:.....

So what? What does this have to do with the price of cheese?

How does this make him a racist?
At the time, the media was hopeful for a black quarterback to do well. The media is doing the same now with Obama. They want him to become President because he is black regardless of how bad his policies are.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

Wow Im a history guy and I NEVER knew that. Blacks owned slaves WOW. This is why I like ATS i get new knowledge everyday

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed

But by all means blacks today should be pissed at the white man and we are to blame for their failings? They need to look in the mirror. They are the ones that owned slaves in America at a higher rate than whites...

I guess I am . . . . perplexed. I haven't seen any blacks complain about white men on this thread or, frankly, elsewhere, lately, so I wonder what blacks you are referring to. So far, Rush L, a white male, and you, presumably a white male, are supporting a racial connection in disaster reaction. Who are all these blacks that "need to look in the mirror" and what do they have to do with this discussion? I am genuinely interested in your response.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Yes The fact that Rush stated that persons of a certain race were being promoted over those of another race due to "social concerns" makes him an individual who distinguishes between the races and suggests that one is given differential and more favorable treatment. That meets the legal definition of race discrimination.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by darkhorsebet]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yes The fact that Rush stated that persons of a certain race were being promoted over those of another race due to "social concerns" makes him an individual who distinguishes between the races and suggests that one is given differential and more favorable treatment. That meets the legal definition of race discrimination.

Umm.....no it does not! I guess you cannot comprehend the definition of racist.

Talking about such topics and concerns does not mean a person is racist. If that were the case then I guess anyone who talks about, agrees with or disagrees with affirmative action must be a racist. Do you see how flawed your logic is?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So mush loosebowels isn't a racist... HMMM!!!

* Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.
o Response to a black caller he was having a hard time understanding in the 1970s when he worked under the name "Jeff Christie" on a top-40 music program in Pittsburgh, as quoted in Newsday (8 October 1990) where he expresses some remorse at having said it; also in The Way Things Aren't : Rush Limbaugh's Reign of Error (1995) by Steve Rendall, Jim Naureckas, and Jeff Cohen [ISBN 156584260X] , "Limbaugh : A Color Man Who Has A Problem With Color?" by Jeff Cohen and Steve Rendall in FAIR and The Los Angeles Times (6 July 2000), and "Bone Voyage" at Snopes.com (4 September 2007)

* The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.
o As quoted in Flush Rush Quarterly (January 1993) and in "Limbaugh : A Color Man Who Has A Problem With Color?" by Jeff Cohen and Steve Rendall in FAIR and The Los Angeles Times (6 July 2000), and in "Off Sides" by Michael Tomasky in The American Prospect (16 July 2003)

* They're 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?
o Of African-Americans, as quoted in "Limbaugh Brings Baggage with his ESPN Blabber" by Derrick Z. Jackson inThe Boston Globe (16 July 2003), and "Colorblind football fans know Rush is wrong" by Richard Roeper in Chicago Sun-Times (1 October 2003)

* Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
o As quoted in "Limbaugh : A Color Man Who Has A Problem With Color?" by Jeff Cohen and Steve Rendall in FAIR and The Los Angeles Times (6 July 2000), and at "Bone Voyage" at Snopes.com (4 September 2007)

* The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well.
o As quoted in "Dittohead Blues" in the LA Weekly (9 October 2003)

* I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

o As quoted in 101 People who are REALLY Screwing Up America (2006) by Jack Huberman
o Note: A second reference for this quote has not been found. Please see Talk page for discussion.

* You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
o As quoted in 101 People who are REALLY Screwing Up America (2006) by Jack Huberman
o Note: A second reference for this quote has not been found. Please see Talk page for discussion.

* Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.
o As quoted in "Hey Rush, when it comes to sports ... shhh!" by Mike Freeman at CBS SportsLine (27 January 2007)

I mean, why didn't these morons leave New Orleans before the hurricane? I'll tell you why: because they wanted to rape and loot! That's just the way some people are! And if they're black — if the rapists and looters are black — it's not George Bush's fault! We've had these problems ever since the Emancipation Proclamation. Once the whites leave town, all you've got is overwhelming lawlessness. That's not racism, Mr. Snerdley; it's a proven, demonstrable fact. Have you even seen a ghetto in Greenwich, Connecticut? I rest my case.

* Reputedly on (12 September 2005); the earliest mention yet found of this statement is one at a blog called Hear Me Roar on (27 September 2005); no major media or published sources have been found.

en.wikiquote.org...

Ya know what they say... if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it most be a duck.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

slavery

now is starting to get confusing

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by luckystar01

What is confusing? We are to believe that the direct result of Katrina is the dismal failure of America to provide for blacks in this country. Slavery is the main issue by which they think they can twist white American in the wind and force us to once again take responsibility for their crimes in NO.

I am saying blacks owned more slaves in this country that whites did. So the blacks living today are most likley decended from black slave owners and need to look at their own culture and take some responsibility...

On this thread? You are expecting an intelligent debate with the likes of Reverend Al or Jessee Jacka$$ on this thread? They couldn't compete.

The lack of moral foundation displayed during the Katrina disaster is so obvious but some people will just make excuses for it. Its disgusting.

As far as blacks looking in the mirror they had better start. They have very few places to look to place the blame for their failed policies of inner city rule in America.

White America or as some here would like to say "Bush" is not to blame for Kartina. Blacks themselves and those that rule those inner cities or moral decay are to blame.

Blacks need to look in the mirror and understand that their ancestors owned slaves and if we are blamed for all the ills of black America due to slavery then blacks are much more to blame because they owned more slaves than whites... Facts are facts folks.
Blacks owned more slaves that whites in this country and they blame us for their failed policies of gansta mentality!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The reason why he said the stuff about the victims in both floods was to boost up ratings for he's show.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I've been a civil rights lawyer for 20 years. I'm using the legal definition, not my own.

Rush said this particular player was not as good as the media made him out to be, but was promoted because of his race. No leap of logic there to equate this with race discrimination, which, by the way, may or may not be the same as racism. But since Rush is clearly saying that blacks in the game are being promoted not because of merit, but for "social reasons", his statement is that these players and coaches are not as good as they are portrayed. That sure sounds racist to me. Reasonable minds can differ, of course. It is just my take on it.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

We are to believe that the direct result of Katrina is the dismal failure of America to provide for blacks in this country. Slavery is the main issue by which they think they can twist white American in the wind and force us to once again take responsibility for their crimes in NO.

You are expecting an intelligent debate with the likes of Reverend Al or Jessee Jacka$$ on this thread? They couldn't compete.

When were you asked to believe that? Who asked you to believe that?

I'm sorry, but I don't know who those people are. I do, however, know an ad hominem attack and a logical fallacy when I read one, though. And I believe the Reverend Jackson would spot that one too.

I smell . . . hate. and I just do not understand it. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What is confusing? We are to believe that the direct result of Katrina is the dismal failure of America to provide for blacks in this country. Slavery is the main issue by which they think they can twist white American in the wind and force us to once again take responsibility for their crimes in NO.

I am saying blacks owned more slaves in this country that whites did. So the blacks living today are most likley decended from black slave owners and need to look at their own culture and take some responsibility...

On this thread? You are expecting an intelligent debate with the likes of Reverend Al or Jessee Jacka$$ on this thread? They couldn't compete.

The lack of moral foundation displayed during the Katrina disaster is so obvious but some people will just make excuses for it. Its disgusting.

As far as blacks looking in the mirror they had better start. They have very few places to look to place the blame for their failed policies of inner city rule in America.

White America or as some here would like to say "Bush" is not to blame for Kartina. Blacks themselves and those that rule those inner cities or moral decay are to blame.

Blacks need to look in the mirror and understand that their ancestors owned slaves and if we are blamed for all the ills of black America due to slavery then blacks are much more to blame because they owned more slaves than whites... Facts are facts folks.
Blacks owned more slaves that whites in this country and they blame us for their failed policies of gansta mentality!

I don't know maybe Jim Crow and other such orders of the day had something to do with it. Question for you? When were black americans even allowed to vote in this country? You know after reconstruction ended. Your responses on here prove to me that you either have no idea what you're talking about or you're just here to stir the pot.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Using your own definition, affirmative action is a racist policy.

You agree right?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Yes, I do, and these cases are litigated - they are called "reverse discrimination" lawsuits. Of course, Caucasians may be the subject of discrimination also. Affirmative action programs are pretty severely scrutinized, actually.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Exactly which one of those quotes is racist?

in regards to the criminal aspect of those quotes, it is proven fact blacks commit exponentially more violent crime than whites do per capita.

As for the James Earl Ray, did you ever happen to think someone could be happy about him assassinating someone who had ties to communism?

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join