It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by Macrotus

Wow
now that is a racist thing to say.
Its too bad T&C doesnt cover all forms of racial hatred, instead of slurs alone.

Aaaaawwww. Gimme a break. What the hell is this? I'm being labelled racist for giving FACTS? Where do you live? Disneyland?

I don't know where you live but where I live and what I have been experiencing living around black people MOST of them are not as nice as other types of people.

What is wrong with white people in America these days? You can't say FACTS about other races than whites without being a racist?

What kind of bull is this. I don't know where you live buddy. But it seems that you NEVER live anywhere near where there is a high population of black people. It doesn't take a genius to figure that MOST of them are aggressive.

One thing I can't stand about people is HYPOCRISY. Which is insincerity by virtue of pretending you believe what is not reality.

I'm seeing this kind of bull**** righteous HYPOCRISY on the rise these days. And that's dangerous in assessing the real virtues in people other than yourself.

ATS has been a breeding ground for these type of people lately....

Stop feeling guilty of yourselves because of your forefathers. Those days are
over.

Do you really think the young black people who wear pants on their knees know the sacrifices made during the American Civil war?

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

why does this argument always have to turn into something racially charged? this is why there is racism around in the country still, because people FORCE it up in coversations. nobody have been on here say they are black and that is the reason they looted, murdered and killed, because they are black and black people are killers

FYI: i didn't say that as a racist comment, only to show how silly it is.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

instead of condoning it, why dont you talk about something else?
His own statements prove themselves wrong if you have any decency.

You want to prove a racist wrong? Let them keep talking.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well I'm not sure where you live but MOST black people I come into contact with day to day are very nice, down to earth hard working folk just trying to earn a living.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Stop calling me a racist.

I wasn't being rasict. I was just stating FACTS.

FACTS FACTS FACTS that you get from living in THE REAL WORLD.

What's wrong with you people? Have you ever made contact with the human population before?

I can't believe you people are so blind by hypocrisy and false pretense.

These are facts. Most of them are aggresive. Just read statistics on crimes in the US, the number of black people incarcerated, etc etc.

Jeesus haven't you people read official articles and papers?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus

These are facts. Most of them are aggresive. Just read statistics on crimes in the US, the number of black people incarcerated, etc etc.

Jeesus haven't you people read official articles and papers?

Papers? no, I tend to get my information from first hand knowledge. You want to talk about facts, where are yours? you have probably met about .000002 % of the black population in america yet from your perspective this is majority?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

hell, i live in Austin Texas. we welcomed the refugees into our town warmly record donations, and they were taken care of. and honestly since they have gotten here, this city went to hell in a hand basket

i actually had a customer come in to rent a RV, he filled out the forms and officially booked it, there is a 500 non refundable deposit, and when he cancelled 5 days later because he can;t plan for #, he tried telling me i have to refund his money to him because he is a Katrina victim, i told him that doesn't affect his ability to plana trip out.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

EXACTLY what i am thinking

anyone who uses slavery today as an excuse to act thuggish is simply riding the coat tails of the people who had to REALLY suffer. it's pathetic that anyone would use something that happened OVER 100 years ago, as an excuse to act in ANY way.

nobody alive today can say they lived through slavery, therefore nobody alive today should be able to use it as an excuse to break the law.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 761stbp

Papers? no, I tend to get my information from first hand knowledge. You want to talk about facts, where are yours?

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 761stbp

1 out of every 100 americans is in prison

1 out of every 9 or 10 black people are in prison.......

i don't think his numbers are skewed, i think you just don't want to acknowledge facts because it would make you realise that while yes, there are A LOT of truly good and genuine black people out there, most of them have been indoctrinated since a very young age that white people are bad, and living the thug life is how you get rich and powerful

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
reply to post by 761stbp

1 out of every 100 americans is in prison

1 out of every 9 or 10 black people are in prison.......

i don't think his numbers are skewed, i think you just don't want to acknowledge facts because it would make you realise that while yes, there are A LOT of truly good and genuine black people out there, most of them have been indoctrinated since a very young age that white people are bad, and living the thug life is how you get rich and powerful

I disagree and not to stray too far off topic, I don't think most view white people as bad. The glamorization of thug life is a problem and I will agree with you there

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus

Originally posted by 761stbp

Papers? no, I tend to get my information from first hand knowledge. You want to talk about facts, where are yours?

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

, tell you what start another topic about this and I will gladly jump in.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The facts are that there is (gasp) looting in the Midwest flood areas. We received daily reports of people looting, and warnings of people posing as FEMA reps to rob homes, etc.

Those are the facts.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhorsebet

care to back that up with a link to a credible news source? or are you going to leave this yet another unsubstantiated claim?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I live here. I'm living through it. Good enough for you, or do you want me to have a reporter contact you directly. I can always ask, but they are a bit busy right now.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

do a service? your poor grammar belies your lack of intelligence. to broadly qualify all of the residents of new orleans as lazy; "no work ethic", suggests that you are prone to stereotyping people, or events, as you see fit. that in and of itself is lazy, as you don't then have to think about people living out complicated situations as individuals, but use your prejudice to make judgements about people you don't know.

walk a mile in another persons shoes. during katrina, people were trapped in the city, by water, by poverty, by ignorance. do we fault people in iowa for the situations that poor planning has produced? WHEN THE AMERICAN CITIZENS IN NEW ORLEANS TRIED TO LEAVE THEY WERE TURNED AWAY AT GUNPOINT.

This may be beyond the scope of your intellect, but try to understand that many of these people were left with no choice. Your sympathy, though unnecessary, would admit some measure of kindness.

i lived through this. i work 70 hours a week and make more money than you. i rebuild the new orleans economy every day. you are pointing fingers from hundreds of miles away.

your lack of reason is your own dysfunction, try not to open your mouth unless you know what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
And why blame them for that? They were in the middle of chaos just trying to survive. What happened happened and the insurance companies should pick up the tab. If I were caught up in that hellhole and freezing cold, the last thing I would be doing is trying to find the store owner to pay for the coat I need. People in NO lost everything, and with the absence of aid for days of course they needed to ignore normal law and order to survive. Normal law and order ignored them...

This thread is infested with mildly disguised racism and no common sense.

It was August 29 when Katrina hit. You ever been to NOLA in August? Not exactly coat wearing weather. And the absence of aid was apparent. Thats why they needed thos TV's, cars, electronics, etc. Because those are the basic needs in any survival situation. People think its food, shelter, and water.....but its not. Its LCDs, bling, and threads.

Another difference is that when the evacuation order came down, people complied.

The midwestern work ethic well known. I wouldnt expect the people in the middle of America to have done anthing less.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Rush+Narcotics= Idiot-Narcotics=Sober idiot.....any questions?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorsebet

well sorry seem to have hit a nerve with you there. was just saying that i haven't heard any of that and would like to see it for myself is all.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join