It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorsebet

Really? Scrutinized in the "lets do something favorable to blacks so we don't have Jesse Jackson beating down our door?"

Was awarding college admission points to minorities simply for being minorities scrutinized?

link   

Originally posted by 761stbp

Originally posted by Perplexed
reply to post by luckystar01

I don't know maybe Jim Crow and other such orders of the day had something to do with it. Question for you? When were black americans even allowed to vote in this country? You know after reconstruction ended. Your responses on here prove to me that you either have no idea what you're talking about or you're just here to stir the pot.

Ok, so now we are going to move on to voting rights now that you agree with the fact that more blacks owned slaves than whites? You didn't dispute it? A black professor did the research so I think we need to explore this issue in detail before we start moving on to voting rights. Unless you are calling the black professor a Jim Crow? Are you? It wouldn't surprise me.. He's not black enough huh?

Or is that your M.O? Move on until you find the minutest of details to try and win the argument?

No, I think we should stay on the issue of why blacks are so disenfranchised due to slavery and that’s why we see the aftermath of kartina and why we saw all the looting and killing...

I mean it’s never good enough. It’s always something else with the plight of the blacks is it? There is always some other excuse for the moral decay of the black people in the inner cities of America. It could never just be their fault could it? That answer is just too easy....

link   
What I find funny in a disturbing way is that on this message board and others like them. People complain about blacks using the race card yet I rarely see blacks on here saying "the white man is holding me down" lets just face it some of you have such a distaste for certain groups of people whether be real or imagined that nothing would convince you otherwise.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

What is confusing? We are to believe that the direct result of Katrina is the dismal failure of America to provide for blacks in this country. Slavery is the main issue by which they think they can twist white American in the wind and force us to once again take responsibility for their crimes in NO.

I am saying blacks owned more slaves in this country that whites did. So the blacks living today are most likely descended from black slave owners and need to look at their own culture and take some responsibility...

To let you know that not all Katrina victims were Black people (of course, the media make it sound like it is) and who is THEY

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I don't know maybe Jim Crow and other such orders of the day had something to do with it. Question for you? When were black americans even allowed to vote in this country? You know after reconstruction ended. Your responses on here prove to me that you either have no idea what you're talking about or you're just here to stir the pot.

Ok, so now we are going to move on to voting rights now that you agree with the fact that more blacks owned slaves than whites? You didn't dispute it? A black professor did the research so I think we need to explore this issue in detail before we start moving on to voting rights. Unless you are calling the black professor a Jim Crow? Are you? It wouldn't surprise me.. He's not black enough huh?

Or is that your M.O? Move on until you find the minutest of details to try and win the argument?

No, I think we should stay on the issue of why blacks are so disenfranchised due to slavery and that’s why we see the aftermath of kartina and why we saw all the looting and killing...

I mean it’s never good enough. It’s always something else with the plight of the blacks is it? There is always some other excuse for the moral decay of the black people in the inner cities of America. It could never just be their fault could it? That answer is just too easy....

I thought blacks were supposed to be done and forgotten about slavery. Honest when was the last time you heard a black person complain about slavery? Most black people today don't give a rat about it. In fact the only people bringing it up in this board are the likes of you.And I'm moving to votings rights because at least that would fit in a time where some people or at least their parents would remember it.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
There is nothing more pathetic than the rage of a white man who feels as if he has lost his right of entitlement.

There is nothing more pathetic than the rage of a black man who feels as if his very existence is supposed to be sustained by the white man.. He then finds out he must swim out of the waters of Katrina alone...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

I dispute your numbers and your conclusion.

You are comparing the % of white slave owners in the entire South to the % of slave owners in a particular year in New Orleans, and you imply that there were more black slave owners than white slave owners in NEW ORLEANS as a result of your comparison. But % White owners in south + % black slave owners in NO does not equal total of slave owners in NEW ORLEANS at any time. Where is the number for the % of white slave owners in NO as the same time? Why didn't you give that number? Is it larger? Probably.

You assume that all descendants of all slaves stayed in New Orleans, that no people migrated in, and that these descendants were the Katrina victims. Where is the evidence for that? That doesn't even seem intuitively accurate to me.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by darkhorsebet]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Google the police lieutenants' successful reverse discrimination suit against the City of Milwaukee, for one. If you cant find it, let me know, and I will find it for you. This is just one of many.

People in power do not fear Jesse Jackson knocking on their door. If you only knew . . .

Don't feel like doing legal research on a Friday night. But I will give yopu the law on this tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I will answer this one but you may not like it. Al Sharpton and his guests on his radio show mentions almost daily how gangsta rap, drugs, crime, etc... are destroying the black community. But you would know nothing about this because it doesn't fit the world you live in. *edit messed up the quotes**

[edit on 20-6-2008 by 761stbp]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
Was awarding college admission points to minorities simply for being minorities scrutinized?

Let me pull that case and look at it. I'll be able to get the scrutiny test for you from it. That was a Title IX case, by the way - not a Title VII case. There is a difference. There is more encouragement for head-start type programs in schooling as a way to balance the poverty scales, but once one reaches the job market, affirmative action is very tricky and is discouraged.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 761stbp

To get an idea of what happened to blacks in the south between reconstruction and WW2 check out this site and book:

www.slaverybyanothername.com...

In many states blacks were kept from voting by a variety of laws including poll taxes and the need for an ID and out and out intimidation right up to the signing of the voters rights act in 1964.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I thought blacks were supposed to be done and forgotten about slavery. Honest when was the last time you heard a black person complain about slavery? Most black people today don't give a rat about it. In fact the only people bringing it up in this board are the likes of you.And I'm moving to votings rights because at least that would fit in a time where some people or at least their parents would remember it.

Oh my gosh... You are kidding right? The whole foundation on which blacks base their self righteous rage comes from the slavery argument. "The white man built this country on the backs of black men." Ok, we all know that more blacks owned slaves than whites in Americas past so we will move on...

So, ok on to voting... Blacks were denied the right to vote for a long time in the south. It was a horrible ordeal. The south was a wicked place for blacks to live in those times.

Who denied them the right to vote? Was it the evil Republicans? Was it Bush of all people? No, as much as some would like to blame Bush for slavery its just not the case.

The same party that denied blacks the right to vote is the same party they get in bed with in every election for president.

Isn't it interesting that the people blacks depend on today are the same people that owned them and denied them basic human rights? It's the same people that left them to suffer during Katrina. Are blacks any better off today than any time after the civil war? How many are killed today by their own people and how many were killed while they were denied the right to vote?

I would say that a Democrat is no friend of Black America but that would be too radical to even comprehend wouldn't it? I mean both Clintons come from the damn south and they say Bill was the first black president. If that wasn't so absurd it would be laughable....

Leaving all that aside do you really expect one to believe that a persons right to vote "denied" over one hundered years ago justifies the Katrina atrocities and the atrocities going on today in black inner city America? Even 40 years ago a vote denied justifies todays genocide? Is that what you are saying?

The Democrats - The black saviors

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

Perplexed,

I noticed that you are no longer answering my questions or responding to my critiques. I assume I have you, perplexed.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 761stbp

Listen Al Sharpton talks a good game but his credibility with white America was shot in the Duke Lacrosse ordeal. If he would have been a man and said sorry, I "F'ed up" then I may have more respect for the little race baiter...

He is not "keep'in it Real" - Yes I do listen to his show...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I went back to page 10 and I didn't see anything... Did you post something further back I need to read?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I went back to page 10 and I didn't see anything... Did you post something further back I need to read?

Yes. I posted about why you think any black is taking the positions you think they take, told you I smelled hate in your opinions, and pointed out the flaws in your ownership numbers and your conclusions about those numbers - they don't mean what you think they mean.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by 761stbp

To get an idea of what happened to blacks in the south between reconstruction and WW2 check out this site and book:

www.slaverybyanothername.com...

In many states blacks were kept from voting by a variety of laws including poll taxes and the need for an ID and out and out intimidation right up to the signing of the voters rights act in 1964.

And who denied them the right to vote? What party was that and should they not be held accountable today for it? You can't have it both ways. If blacks are still suffering from the affects of slavery and voting rights denied then shouldn't we do away with the one party that has the most culpability?

I mean that’s not even trivial politics.... The people today that call themselves democrats don't even understand what that means... I would guess most blacks have no idea what the democrats did to their kin back in those days.

How righteous is it that the same party that killed blacks at the voting booth back then is the same party today saying we will save you? I would say the democrats are still killing blacks today. They are just more clever about it and katrina is a great example of the continuing slaughter of black American by the democrats today...How righteous is that?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Perplexed this is where you lose points on soo many occasions. I asked you a simple question, I didn't ask you if it was because of republican or democrats. I would think a man of your intelligence would understand that if someone is asking you a questions about the civil rights movement, then of course that person would also know about the Dixiecrats of the time. Also the voting rights act didn't end 100 years ago, but I'm assuming you knew that and mis-understood what I was typing. The slave issue is well... really a non issue, blacks just didn't come to America and when freed had all the joys of non-blacks. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit, once again assumed (know what that means) you knew this.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well these post are getting soo far off topic, i'm out for the weekend maybe things will cool down by monday
Before I go though let me ask you perplexed, have you ever thought of joining an inner-city youth development group? The reward for just helping one child is simply amazing and I think you would find life in the inner-city isn't as simplistic as you would think. Take care everyone.....

David

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorsebet

Yes. I posted about why you think any black is taking the positions you think they take, told you I smelled hate in your opinions, and pointed out the flaws in your ownership numbers and your conclusions about those numbers - they don't mean what you think they mean.

They don't mean what I think they mean? So you are saying A isn't really A? I don't understand here...A back professor wrote the report. His findings are standing the test of time and scrutiny and you say they don't mean what I think they mean? You are losing me here? Explain what those numbers mean and back them up with data...

Btw... Its not hate... Its distain and disgust for a people that can't see that the very people they call savior are the same people that are killing them. Its been that way since before reconstruction and it seems it will stay that way for a very long time. The people that blame Bush for Katrina are the same people that will give you a dollar and take two from you when you aren’t looking…

Its really simple logic. The Democrats have been pushing the same race hate filled agenda since before the civil war. The message has changed a bit but the result is worse and you can't deny it. Blacks are dyeing in larger numbers here in American than any other time in history and its not because of Bush or the Republicans. Its the failed welfare cradle to grave policies of the democrats.

Inner city blacks no longer wear chains but that doesn't mean they aren’t slaves to the same party that enslaved them and denied them the right to vote. They are slaves, its just that they are wearing different chains. They are the chains that kept them from getting out of No during Katrina.

They have no ambition to better their communities or themselves. The democrats tell them that if they get a job they will cut their benefits. If they move out of their subsidized housing and try and strike out on their own they will no longer be welcome back or be "put on a waiting list." Waiting list? Sounds like code for denied basic human rights... The democrats have created and stacked a system against blacks but the blacks keep voting for them.... No, its not hate that I have… Its disgust and distain…

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join