It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The strangest thing ive ever experienced was seeing someone who was dead.
I didnt know they weren dead at the time, it was discovered the next day that this person had died and I didnt find out about it till the next monday.
I told friends the day it happend and over the weekend that I had seen this person, then on monday i was told they were dead, and that they had been dead for more than a week

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

For anyone thinking of trying Salvia please just follow 1 simple rule. Don't do it on your own no matter how experienced you think you may be. Make sure you have someone straight there who is able to stop you doing anything like i did. I had 1 friend there but he was in no state to stop me leaving.

Amen to that,

Id say stay away from salvia, no matter how prepared you think you are nobody is prepared for that stuff.

It was a whole alternate lifetime, with experiences and memories.

Salvia divinorum IS THE DEVILS LETTUCE

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Do some research on '___'. My own experimentation with the puzzling substance is only comparable to having the entirety of existence loaded into a cannon and blasted into my consciousness. Talk about strange experience...I assume it was comparable to those who claim to be able to astral project or some other form of OBE. I "communicated" with "beings" that were unidentifiable, I understood for a fleeting moment everything that ever has been, is or will be. Then like a dream, I came to and was only able to recall certain feelings, but no words could come to mind to communicate effectively what I had experienced. '___' is believed by many researchers to be related to birth and death experiences. Some doctors claim that the Pineal gland is chalk full of '___' naturally, and that upon birth and death it releases massive amounts, if not its full stockpile directly into the brain. All I can say is that a steady, high-mid frequency tone came into my consciousness, the visible world around me shattered like a window or mirror would and then I was off into the great unknown. I don't mess with '___' anymore, as I have gathered all the information I desire about its effects, but it is NO joke my braddahs and sisters.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I found myself outside staring at the sky looking.
My wife said I came down the hallway mumbling "they shouldnt be selling this stuff" nad went outside and stared at the sky for about five minutes, till she came out to figure out what was going on.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
My strangest experience was a dream I had many years ago. It was a long dream, lots of details and very vivid. It impressed my enough that I told it to my wife (at the time) when I woke up. That following day was fairly busy and we went out that night. After leaving some freinds house to go home my ex asked me to tell her the dream again. I did and she said "do you realize everyone in that dream you encountered today." I hadn't made the conection until then.

Some of the details were interesting. For example when we went out we tried to meet a friend but weren't able to and met a different friend instead. In the dream I went to a house and met the first friend, who we intended to meet, but in the course of talking to them they changed into the freind we extualy did see. Also there was one person in the dream I didn't see that day, her name is Kathleen. The person I did see, her middle name is Kathleen.

There were too many parallels for me to brush it off as coincidence and too many out of the ordinary events for me to beleive I could have know the course of the day ahead of time.

This experience is useless in one sense because it was random and left me with no proof except for my own experience. In another sense it opened me up to the possiblity of being able to sense the future and left me with lots of questions about predestination, free will, alternative demensions and........

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks
The strangest thing ive ever experienced was seeing someone who was dead.
I didnt know they weren dead at the time, it was discovered the next day that this person had died and I didnt find out about it till the next monday.
I told friends the day it happend and over the weekend that I had seen this person, then on monday i was told they were dead, and that they had been dead for more than a week

Do you mean you saw this person lying somewhere (I imagine a dead person wouldn't be standing up, maybe sitting), not knowing he was dead?
Or that you saw this person looking "alive" (walking, talking, etc.), but he (or she) had actually died in the meantime?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
strangest thing ever? Reading the signs people were holding at the 9/12 thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
the strangest thing i've ever seen was in Cambodia. i was walking down the street in Phnom penn and saw a man lying on the floor not moving. people where just walking past him. some even stepped over him not noticing him. he was dead! his chest wasn't moving. i looked around. he was invisible to everyone. i figured it was just culture not to care until his body was taken. i left for about 10 minutes, went back and he had disappeared. i turned around and he was directly behind me staring into my eyes. like he knew i was there to see his body again. i walked around him slowly and watched him as he followed my eyes around the corner. that was freaky!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator
the strangest thing i've ever seen was in Cambodia. i was walking down the street in Phnom penn and saw a man lying on the floor not moving. people where just walking past him. some even stepped over him not noticing him. he was dead! his chest wasn't moving. i looked around. he was invisible to everyone. i figured it was just culture not to care until his body was taken. i left for about 10 minutes, went back and he had disappeared. i turned around and he was directly behind me staring into my eyes. like he knew i was there to see his body again. i walked around him slowly and watched him as he followed my eyes around the corner. that was freaky!

If you're not making that up then damn dude, thats some strange/freaky stuff.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I used to get premonitions via my dreams.

Total details, extremely vivid, down to what people were wearing, where they were standing, and what was said. I even had premonitions of meeting new people. I kept a voice recorder dream diary for a long time and my premonitions usually ran a month to two months ahead. It got to the point that I could recognize the premonition as it happened in the real time and I tried to change my position, or change what I said to redirect the conversation, but it always seemed to play out as premonitioned(is that the word?)

It stopped 2 years ago after a major car accident in which I rolled my vehicle twice without a seatbelt. Nothing like a bit of head trauma to mess up a good thing. I totally stopped dreaming (well at least remembering them) and for the longest time slept like a baby until lately when my dreams have become much much more vivid, but not quite the same as before.

There was nothing like the confidence of knowing how your date would go a month in advance, before she asked you out.

I would honestly give all my material possessions to have it back.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethereal Gargoyle

Or that you saw this person looking "alive" (walking, talking, etc.), but he (or she) had actually died in the meantime?

Yes,

It was on a thursday, and the person in question was a former best friend turned mortal enemy that broke up my 18yr marriage.
I was at the post office in my neighborhood and saw this person standing outside, we hadnt spoken for almost 3 years, because there would have been violence between us.
It was wierd that he was in my neighborhood as he lived in a different city 20 miles away and couldnt drive(life time revocation of licence by dmv). I fugured he got kicked out of where he was staying and was staying with another mutual friend that lives in my neighborhood.
Any way after stalling inside, so i would run into him, i left hoping he wouldnt recognize me in my motorcycle helmet, and we came face to face at the door, and he acted like i wasnt there just stood there with an odd WTF look on his face.
I told a couple friends over the weekend that i ran into this person, then one of them called me monday morning to tell me that this person had died, i assumed over the weekend and figured it was an overdose from the look he had on his facen when I saw him.
Monday night my friend that told me he was dead's boyfriend came by to talk about it as he knew the person too. When i told him i had seen him on thurs day he said thats impossible, they found his body on friday and he had been dead for a week or more.

And Ill add to the list of wierd things ive seen

Bigfoot footprints
a full body apparition aside from the previous one
many moving shadows in places that shouldnt have moving shadows
sundry ghost related events like things flying around the room
a giant black triangle moving silently over the sierra nevada mtns
unidentified lights in the sky that are not ISS, iridium flares or such.
2 rich guys dogfighting their mig17/19 and f86's in a remote mountain valley
A whole other lifetime(from my salvia experience, i lived a whole lifetime in the coarse of several minutes

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaGreen

Originally posted by the illuminator

If you're not making that up then damn dude, thats some strange/freaky stuff.

No im not making that up. thats why it was the strangest experience ive had! lol

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

that is creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Man, you have one interesting life...!

(Sorry about the heartache though.)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
In 1991 I struck up a friendship with a guy who was extremely intelligent and very likable. As I got to know him better I discovered he was a white witch of the Wicca faith. It was a chalk and cheese relationship, him the pagan, me the atheist but he had no agendas and was a gentle giant of a man.

To cut a long story short he helped my wife deal with some troubles from her past. This involved lying down on the floor with two candles lit on either side of her.

The weird part is that her right arm started to twitch as he spoke to her and shortly afterwards from her left hand two blurry orb-like objects with a dirty grey colour shot into one of the candle flames.

I was not imagining it and it was very clear. I made to touch her but he insisted very strongly not to touch her.

Matter of factly he told me "negative energies are drawn to the light and sent elsewhere, they cannot help it".

That is probably not the weirdest thing that I have experienced but it is the first thing that came to my mind on reading the OP.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The wierdest thing i have experienced would have to be when i was in between grade 8-9 on break.

I was sleeping when of course i get the urge like everyone else does to get up and use the bathroom and sit up as usual when i look at the door(just to add my house was ridiculously haunted, got quite a few stories) and see i kid you not an alien just standing in the doorway, directly under the doorframe, and i just froze and locked eyes with it, The alien i almost want to say he cause i just figured it was male but had an odd shape too it had a skinny body but was tall, its head was right under the door frame, and it didnt have legs stood up on what was like a tail but not a tail at the same time almost like a snake standing up and that went into its really long torso and its arms were ridiculously long i remember just staring at them for a bit its hands had 2 fingers and a thumb, also long, and its head was normal size but elongated as well as for a face it just had to slits for eyes and no other features. the creepiest part about it was that it had a glow coming from it not one that lit stuff up but just its body and my night vision wasnt affected i could see the shapes of things around it but it just stood there watching and i was like OH CRAP WTF DO I DO but i didnt feel threatened i almost knew it was just watching me and then i got the vibe it was just waiting for what i would do next and of course i did what all others would do in that situation. I slowly laid back down and put the blanket over my head and went to sleep lol the next day i took one of the greatest pisses of my life but it shook me right up i was so intrigued i drew it on a piece of paper and showed my friends and then my siblings who were all freaked out just looking at it like something about it just wasnt right. oddly enough my youngest sister stole the picture one day and flushed it down the toilet!. id say thats what i would consider the strangest thing that has happened, as for scariest and saddest those would be a different cases.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Now that I think about it my "angel of death" experience is very odd one.

When I was 18 I caught valley fever, at the time there was no treatment for the disease itself, so as my doctor told me, I would be either alive in six months or dead.
For several months I had reoccuring bouts with the disease, and during one of these periods i was lying awake in bed one night.
There was a moon out so the bedroom wasnt totaly dark, I closed my eyes trying to get to sleep for a few minutes and when I opened them because i gave up trying to sleep, there was a pitch black vapor or cloud hovering over my face by several inches.
when I sat up it moved almost as though it was startled and floated across the room to the closet where it disappered.
At first I chalked it up to a waking dream and forgot about it for 20 years.
Until my exwife and I moved her elderly and ailing parents to the city we lived in so that they could get the care that they needed.
My mother in law had just gotten back from hospital, where she had nearly died a couple of weeks earlier, and i was sitting with my father inlaw watching the telly. My father inlaw was also in failing health at the time. Any how as we watched wheel of fortune, it was my fatherin laws fave, I saw the black vaporous cloud move through the room, I did the double blink i cant believe what i am seeing thing and thought to my self "this is why you dont do acid when your younger", just as glen(my fater in law) looked up pointed and said, "do you see that shadow in the room?" I was stunnned he was seeing the same thing I was.
Then it dissapered in on itself. I played like I didnt see it and within a couple of minutes he had forgoten what he had seen.
Its my opinion this was the angle of death,
both genie and glen died a few weeks later only a day apart.
And I almost died in a bicycle race a few weeks later.

I have literally cheated death on several occasions
when i was 12 i caught menningitis, they didnt think i would live through the night.
the valley fever thing when i was eighteen.

I caught on the wrong side of a fire when I was a wildland firefighter and had to go to my shake and bake, or personal emergency fire shelter.
its an aluminum tent that you get under if needed, a last resort.

I almost got hit by a car while it was fleeing from the police, it missed me by only inches at well over a hundred miles an hr
I fell off of a cliff during a mountain bike dh race. I luckily landed on a rock outcrop and was able to grab onto a poison oak bush before I fell the rest of the way to the rocky river below.
I got caught in a lathe and was pulled to my neck before I was able to hit the emergency stop button. I had to chew through my shirt to free myself, i was trapped in the machine for about twenty minutes.

And the innumerable times ive almost bit it racing motorcycles

I think he's after me

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

This sounds like a "crisis apparition".....interesting!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

During a summer break at college, I was staying at home with my parents. Both my mom and dad had left for work and I, like many a typical teenager, was sleeping late.

Sometime in the morning (maybe 10:00ish?) I awoke with a terrible feeling of dread. I couldn't move my arms or legs, nor speak. The only sound I could hear was the blood pounding in my head. My heart was racing, it was difficult to breathe, and I felt smothered by fear.

I managed to move my eyes just enough to glance out my bedroom door. There, standing in the doorway, was a man. To this day, I can still see him exactly as he stood.

He was a stocky, barrel-chested individual of medium height. He wore a red flannel shirt, jeans, and a dark colored stocking hat (we call them tobaggans in the south). The hat was pulled down low over his head, so that it almost touched his eyebrows. He had a dark complexion (swarthy, not African American) and a light beard.

He stood in the doorway with his head lowered, thrusting forward over his shoulders. The expression in his eyes was almost demonic.....he just seemed so hostile. I got the feeling he was malevolent.

For several minutes he and I stared at each other. The whole time he stood there, I tried to move....to no avail. Inside my head I was screaming to myself, "Get up! You've got to get up! This is very bad! Someone is in your house, you've got to get up!"

Eventually the paralysis broke and I was able to move. Terrified, I immediately called my father and told him what I'd seen. He tried to calm me down, but I was fairly hysterical and not in the mood to be consoled.

Finally, I gathered enough courage to search the house. I found nothing, of course.

Interestingly, I've had several "sleep paralysis" experiences before and since....but none that involved seeing a figure. Could I have been dreaming? Of course, but if so the dream was extremely vivid and realistic.

I've never seen the man again, nor do I care to.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i've had a few. My first one was when I was in first grade. I had a GIGANTIC queen sized bed. (it was to me as I was a little kid) I couldn't sleep. On my headboard, I had a bunch of stickers I put on (as little kids do). Anyway...I kid you not, this hole opened up on my headboard that looked like it was going into a cave...a bunch of little gnome looking guys came out. they all had buckets and some had paintbrushes, some with picks. They weren't cute like the cartoon gnomes. They were more ....gothic? anyway, they seemed to kinda ignore me as they marched onto my babysitter who was sleeping on the ground next to me. One of the guys even looked at me and chuckled. I WAsN'T DREAMING, THIS WAS REAL. They started painting parts of her body, like her legs, her hips...then the guys who had the picks were hacking off the parts, and putting the parts into the buckets....but it was just like the spirit part they were hacking away. I watched for a little while, then I realized this was wrong and not normal. I screamed. The little guys dug out and ran back into their cave at which time it closed up. My babysitter woke up, and I told her what happened. She gave me cross to hold on to. I was holding it for a good minute, when all of a sudden, I felt something squishy on it. I realized there was a worm on it and I threw it down....That's the end of what I remember. The kicker is that the parts they were painting and hacking were the parts that broke when she fell down the stairs YEARS later. Anyway, I was a little kid. So obviously I wasn't on drugs or anything. I was awake the entire time. I remember this vivdly. What the heck was that about? Any explanations?

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join