It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

i saw a ufo in 1964. it was oblate hovering at tree top level over a cleared field. my parents were driving home from central va. to northern va. (we went to the farm in central va on weekends) and we all noticed the red-orange object (about the size of a baseball at arms length. i remember arriving home at about 1 hour later than it normally takes and we all just sort of shrugged it off. what else are you going to do, right. about 10 years later a book found me at a public library and it just caught my attention. the book, missing time, by bud hopkins, clarified the missing time phenom. so i wrote him to see if he could send someone down to hypnotize me. nothing every insued, but i do believe one or some or all of us were abducted that night in 1964. thanks for opening up such a good topic. i am sure others on this site must have been abducted as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The strangest thing that ever happened to me is last summer when two erotic spirits revealed themselves.

I hope to start a new thread about the experience.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerlyConfused

Would this have something to do with your signature, by chance? If you want, please feel free to elaborate. I'm very interested to hear more. Be well.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Well, when I was a kid, can't remember the age, I was living in an apartment complex, on the 10th floor. We (me & my brothers) were playing around and then stopped for a while because we were tired.

At this point, we went to another room and I wanted to turn the light on (it wasn't dark yet, just beginning sunset). I was standing some 10 feet away from the light switch, and I just looked at it and made a sign with my hand (like a Jedi) and the light switch turned!

I was stunned by what happened, and it was kinda strange because I did it without doubting it was impossible, like, as if it was natural and done it a lot of times, but kinda in a playful way... I can't explain why it worked, but all I know is that it worked... that was the only time I could do this, though. I tried later but couldn't do it anymore... I guess the "mindset" later wasn't right, who knows ?

[]'s
D

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Alrighty, this is an experience that I was involved in but I myself didn't bring about that goes to my friend. I was 15 when we moved to a new house in a new state and I was excited that I would be able to get my own room after sharing with my younger brother for years. I had the half finished basement which Ill try to describe. You walk down the stairs and you hit a nice big open room with carpet and everything. It has french doors that lead outside under our deck. On the left side of the room are three arched doorways which lead to the unfinished part of the basements that is actually underground. I had been there a few days and had stopped sleeping in the basement because I was young and creeped out by it. I had met my first new friend over the next few weeks and had invited her to spend the night at my house.

We hung out downstairs though all night playing cards and what not in the finished part. I took a minute to run upstairs to get something I dont remember what and I came back down. She says to me, "I didn't know you had another little brother." I don't, I have one that is three years younger then me. When I told her she replied, " He was sitting on the pool table back there. (pointing to the pool table in the unfinished part of the basement) I asked her what he looked like and she said he was wearing blue jeans a white t-shirt and had blonde hair and blue eyes.

I was freaked out cause I was already scared of the basement. I told her I only had the one brother and that wasn't him. We decide to slowly get up (acting like we weren't wanting to run up out of the basement) and go up the stairs without really looking around. After we got upstairs she says to me, "He told me to tell Michael he's sorry for knocking his tent in."

I was completely freaked out at that point. The first few nights we lived in the new house Mike (my lil bro) and I put up a tent in the basements and camped out for fun in that. The second night I just couldn't sleep down there and went upstairs. He wanted to stay so he did. About fifteen minutes later he came running up the stairs and was very upset. He said he had seen a shadow of a person standing outside the tent and it started banging on the wall of the tent causing it to collapse. Yes, could've been a dream, he was young and so was I and we both were already a little creeped out by the basement. When I went down to look the tent was pushed in and laying on the floor. Yes, he could have done it but he was just so scared that thought didn't stay with me long. from then on I would only go down there if someone else went with me after that.

So, when my new friend came over I thought nothing of going down there with her and it was a nice place to get away from the parents so we could say anything we wanted and such. I know I never mentioned the tent thing, I had only spoken to her at school before she came and stayed the night and this topic was never brought up.

My brother that same night was staying at one of his new friends houses so I know he couldn't have told her about it and when I told him what she had said he was somewhat relieved though still scared and said, "I told you". I have more stuff about that fricken basement but its so cliched. I like this thread though Im glad it got started.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Wow... No wonder you thought you were dead LOL
Do you remember what you talked about with the people there in the other "planet" ?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Excellent story. Thanks for taking the time to write it out. We're getting some really good ghost stories on here. To be honest, I think I would have stayed down there on my own for awhile to see if I could get to meet him too. I don't think I'd sleep down there, though.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Pretty intense sounding. From the beginning of your first post, I'd say you're lucky to be alive. Cheers for posting.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
A Gracious Good Day, Everyone!!

I'll tell you this one. At the time I lived close to the Bighorn Medicine Wheel in Northern Wyoming. A lady friend and I decided to go visit the Medicine Wheel. We drove to the site and stayed there until dark. This was back before the site become a National Park. I walked the Medicine Wheel and had what best could be called a power surge.
While driving back home, my friend asked me to pull over. I hestitated and then she used a voice that wasn't hers. She had her face turned to the window so I couldn't see her. The voice called me by my name. I wondered what and how could she know my name. Then, the voice said "you don't remember me". You could tell she was hurt by me not remembering her. I had stopped by now. I didn't know what to do so I closed my eyes. I've learned that when I'm thrown a curve, the best thing I can do is relax and trust my instincts. I heard the name Cassandra. So, I told her I remembered her and her name was Cassandra. She said "you do remember". Now, I'm being overwhelmed by a sense of deep love and a longing to hold her. She's in my arms. I cannot describe all of the thoughts and emotions that were going thru me. Love, Loneliness, a Knowing that I had forgotten a huge amount of knowledge, etc, etc. She told me to hurry up and save her. I asked her "where are you?" I'm in a bottle in a cave in a valley that they the locals call "The Valley of 10,000 Snakes", which is located in the Gobi Desert. I asked "Why do I have to hurry?" Her reply was "The Chinese are doing nuclear tests and they are close to destroying the bottle I'm in. I'm scared!" All this time We are hugging and I have my eyes closed. Even with my eyes closed I can tell that there is a source of light in the car. I cannot figure out why? It is about 11:30 at night.
Curiousity gets the best of me and I open my eyes. The source of the light is coming from my friend's / Cassandra's face. I disengage us from the embrace and look into her face. There was no facial features whatsoever. Just hair framing a white light where my friend's face should be. I'm puzzled. Then, Cassandra says "Do I have to stay in this bottle?" My thoughts were "why are you asking me, your a free spirit, of course you can leave the bottle." I start to say this and from deep, I mean deep within me comes a bass voice (not mine) that says "No you have to stay in the bottle. You know how important it is." I'm like wait a minute!!! This is my body, at least right now it is mine. So, I told her "no you don't have to stay". Talk about turmoil inside oneself. Now, I focus on her face again. What a feeling of love. My friend starts to move her arms, the light goes out, my friend's facial features are there again. All of this in what seemed like a blink of an eye that took several seconds.

We drove home. I explained what happened and she said that she went somewhere but could not remember where. My friend had two or three beers before this happened. I'm diabetic. No drinking or drugs.
I read in the newspaper a couple of days later that the Chinese were doing underground nuclear tests in the Gobi Desert. About 2 - 4 weeks later the USA, Russia and China signed an agreement not to do anymore nuclear tests.
Has anyone else ever experience anything like this? I would be very interested in hearing their story.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky

......To be honest, I think I would have stayed down there on my own for awhile to see if I could get to meet him too. I don't think I'd sleep down there, though.

Ugh, I wish I would've had the knackers to do that, we did go down with groups of friends after that but, I hardly went by myself down there which was hard because we had tornados all the time and I had to be down there by myself a lot during the storms since I was home alone. I personally never saw anything but my brother did and over the years things started happening upstairs to me and him. We were young and for some reason we always checked to make sure the basement door was closed so "it could'nt come upstairs", that was our thinking.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wheelwalker

Very interesting and puzling account. I can't even offer a possible explaination on this one. Very intriguing, to say the least. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy

Originally posted by Static Sky

......To be honest, I think I would have stayed down there on my own for awhile to see if I could get to meet him too. I don't think I'd sleep down there, though.

Ugh, I wish I would've had the knackers to do that, we did go down with groups of friends after that but, I hardly went by myself down there which was hard because we had tornados all the time and I had to be down there by myself a lot during the storms since I was home alone. I personally never saw anything but my brother did and over the years things started happening upstairs to me and him. We were young and for some reason we always checked to make sure the basement door was closed so "it could'nt come upstairs", that was our thinking.

This sounds kind of familiar to me, somehow. I sometimes wonder if, when we're so young and innocent, perhaps we intrinsically understand a bit more about the spiritual world than we do when we're older and more 'logical' (and perhaps jaded to such notions and ideas). Anyways, thanks for taking a minute to respond and I'm glad you're well. Cheers.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Static Sky]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This thread is an amazing read. I just wanted to post in it so I could find it a bit easier. Great stories!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
This thread is an amazing read. I just wanted to post in it so I could find it a bit easier. Great stories!

I couldn't agree more, network dude. This is the first thread I ever started on ATS and by far the most successfull. I'm now used to the fact that it will go dormant for a few weeks at a time and then pop back into use. Sometimes just a few new entries, and sometimes a few new pages. And in my humble opinion, it's always 99% gold. Great stories on here. Thanks to all for that. Keep 'em coming!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Not really sure how to describe it, but everytime I'm in my kitchen, I feel like something doesn't want me in there. Wish I could define it better.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousmedic
Not really sure how to describe it, but everytime I'm in my kitchen, I feel like something doesn't want me in there. Wish I could define it better.

If you've gat a moment, please elaborate any way you can. Anything move? Any shadows out of the corner of your eye? Any strange sounds? Or just some strange feeling within you.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Eh I'll just name a few:
1. me preforming telekinesis through a psi wheel
2. turning lights off and on by accident without touching them
3. seeing auras
4. seeing a blue flame spark out of no where in the middle of the night illuminating a 5 ft diameter (looked like a blue jet flame)
5. feeling subtle energies from a rock
6. falling into very deep trances
7. astral projecting

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ok, bizarre coincidence.

For years I lived and worked in a small (pop.15000) town in the country. I was living in a little brick aprtment.

While I was cleaning the top of the cupboards one day I found a .22 ammo round. I didn't think much about it, I put it away safe, intending to drop it off at the local cop station for disposal.

So a whole year goes by and throughout that year I keep thinking damn I have to drop that stupid round off for disposal.

Then one afternoon, I'm sick of remembering it and not doing it, for no reason in particular, I get the round from where I'd stored it and drive to the police station and walk in to the front desk.

There's no-one at the front desk. The whole station seemed to be deserted.

I call out, in a friendly way,several times, and eventually, sort of reluctantly, a lady detective comes to the desk.

I show her the round, laying it lengthways (not facing her or me) on the desk.

"I'd just like to drop this round off that I found for disposal."

For some reason she looked somewhat freaked out. I'd dropped unknown integrity ammo off once before in another town years ago, no problem. She sort of stepped away from it, and looked at it very closely before picking it up.

So she accepted the round, said thanks, I said you're welcome and left.

I get home and that night I'm watching the news.

Flash. The police had been chasing a pair of shooting rampage idiots all around our town that afternoon. Never before has something like that happened in our town and I hope never. They'd killed two people, and wounded a police officer. They'd only caught them just before the news went to air.

And so I sort of guessed why the lady detective might've been a little freaked.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join