It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky
reply to post by Hazelnut

Thank you very much for the flag Hazelnut, and thanks even more for adding to the content of this thread. I hope you don't mind but I've added you as a friend. I hope you'll consider doing the same. Be well.

It was my pleasure Static Sky and you are welcome. I've added you as a friend too.
By the way, its awesome that your first post on ATS has lasted an entire year! Amazing. Congratulations my friend.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

That was cool. I wonder sometimes if we can really control these odd experiences or if we just forget about controlling and just allow them to happen. It piques me interest!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well I experience something every time I visit my grandmother's house; in which the town has not changed much since the time of the civil war (many of the buildings built back then are actually still intact). The only thing that seems to have changed quite a bit is a few business that come in, but they also seem to leave the time I go back (which is roughly a year or three in terms). Anyway in the back of my grandmother's house is a cemetary and a few things that we [ my family and I ] have experienced there are:

1. A wheelchair that had been left at the cemetary with no one in it. I was currently standing outside waiting to go somewhere [ I cannot recall where ] with my dad. I pointed it out toward him and he didn't know how it got there either, but we were joking about ghosts and the like; by the time we came back later that evening it had become to dark to tell whether or not it was still there; but by the time next morning as I was looking out the window from the kitchen the wheelchair was gone.

2. My most recent visit just a few days ago was when I was in one of the bedrooms with the lights out and sitting with the laptop in my lap, trying to watch anime. I looked off to the side and thought I saw a pair of yellow eyes [ The type of eyes someone has when they have a high fever of some sort, I forgot the name that was given to it I believe it was scarlet or something? ] anywho, as I turned to look for a brief second it appeared as if the eyes matched those of a panther rather than a person's and the image of that panther seemed to stay there for at least 2~3 seconds before it vanished.

3. This one pretty much isn't much, but every time I laid down in the bed in a room where their were two windows one to the side of the bed and one pretty much on the wall behind the bed, but a bit off to the side. It felt as if someone was creeping around outside; and even got the impression that someone might have peered in at one point or another.

Those are pretty much a few of the things I've experienced while down their at the house; I know their maybe more, but those are the ones I remember strongly (even my mother has had some dealing with a figure that resembled the grim reaper and even U.F.Os down there one of which my mother pointed out to my grandmother.) Yet those are the ones I've experienced first hand and know best [to my knowledge] so I felt those were the best to post.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Sorry, the truly strangest experience was driving in New Mexico on the freeway in the right hand lane of a two lane I10 and having my car circled at least 10 times by an older guy in a small white pickup truck. I do mean circled. He made a complete loop at least 10 times driving around my car as I was driving 60 mph down the freeway in the isolated dark. Now that's hard to beat, even with a UFO or ghost story.

I have seen a few UFOs though but nothing even close to strange compared to that. :->

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PineappleXpress

Hi PineappleXpress. Welcome to ATS and thanks for taking the time to post some truly strange accounts for us. I love reading this thread. And I'm thrilled that it's getting so much play lately. Please feel free to continue posting whenever you like. Be well.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Sorry, the truly strangest experience was driving in New Mexico on the freeway in the right hand lane of a two lane I10 and having my car circled at least 10 times by an older guy in a small white pickup truck. I do mean circled. He made a complete loop at least 10 times driving around my car as I was driving 60 mph down the freeway in the isolated dark. Now that's hard to beat, even with a UFO or ghost story.

I have seen a few UFOs though but nothing even close to strange compared to that. :->

Maybe I travelled forward in time and read your post

You may not be alone in having had that experience, I was sure I read a "circling my car" post last year maybe? No mention on a google search, anyway, perhaps it's the same entity?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PineappleXpress

Yeah but there had been power problems at the time in the area I was living. Not storms but normal brown outs I just put it down to just being at those places at the time they had
the problems as a weird coincidence.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I think it could make an interesting movie. Watching someone go insane due to an extraordinary series of coincidences that they come to fully believe is a series of signs or omens. Not saying this idea has anything to do with you, ldyserenity, but the idea popped into my head when you said you just took it as a series of coincidences. But what if you whole heartedly believed the oposite to be true?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
black triangles a trees length away from me and a person in a cemetery who wasnt really there.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
when i was younger in the car with my mother driving back from shopping on a nice clear yet cloudy day, i looked out the window and a cloud in the shape of an old mans face began speaking to me.

i remember like it was yesterday. although what it said has escaped me.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
ive never seen or heard from any spirits or ghosts. my life is dull
it would be great if i did see one though

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well newest kind of strange thing happened to me last december. It was a

thursday noon and suddenly i got this thought/feeling that my brother is

thinking to become a father. How do he manage to change diapers etc. All

kinds of things what belongs to become a dad and having a baby. I have no

own kids(not yet). Next day i heard that my older brother had become a

father!.
I did not even knew that at his girlfriend was pregnant...

[edit on 20-5-2009 by pets_step]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

There is a movie sort of like that. The Number 23, except then you found out the twist in the plot, which I won't tell here if anyone hasn't seen it, there turns out to be a real reason for the incidents leading up to the outcome. But, yeah that would make a good movie to do it without the kind of ending they used in the Number 23.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
There is a movie sort of like that. The Number 23, except then you found out the twist in the plot, which I won't tell here if anyone hasn't seen it, there turns out to be a real reason for the incidents leading up to the outcome. But, yeah that would make a good movie to do it without the kind of ending they used in the Number 23.

But now that you've told me there's a twist, I'll be expecting it throughout the entire film... why do people do that?

Thanks!
(I'm not genuinely upset by the way)

[edit on 20/5/09 by thebox]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
when i was younger in the car with my mother driving back from shopping on a nice clear yet cloudy day, i looked out the window and a cloud in the shape of an old mans face began speaking to me.

i remember like it was yesterday. although what it said has escaped me.

Maybe it was God? You are so lucky if that's what it was. Of course IDK why he'd talk to you and then you not be able to remember anything he said that would suck!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I didn't like the number 23. I thought the movie "Pi" was similar but infinitely better. Plus, when's the last time you saw a new idea in Hollywood?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky

I didn't like the number 23. I thought the movie "Pi" was similar but infinitely better. Plus, when's the last time you saw a new idea in Hollywood?

I'll have to check out "Pi" I was also disappointed in the number 23. Room 1404 was really good...if you really like strange...but getting off topic...lol. Truly there hasn't been a real good original work from Hollywood in a long time. I have to agree.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Thanks Static Sky, I just added a flag to the thread.

I've been reading and checking the thread for a long time, and then I was going to post anonymously, but it wouldn't work for some reason. So I was going to sign up as Pineapple, but the name was already taken, so I signed up as PineappleXpress instead. Well, the reason I picked Pineapple was because my boyfriend told me when he was little, he had a little coat with a hood that he would carry around with him like it had an imaginary friend inside, and he called it Pineapple. And my mom told me that she used to call me Pineapple when I was little, though I don't remember her ever calling me that.

It's funny when I told him I was going to finally post some stories on here, he was like, are you going to post about "That's So Raven?" And we both laughed. Anyway, the day before my first post, we were asleep and both woken by one of the girls who lives in the apartment below us obviously making sexual (and hilarious) sounds. So we had to turn on the TV to drown out the sounds, since there was no way we could fall back asleep through it. Well, "That's So Raven" just started when we turned on the TV. There was an episode we saw a long time ago that we made fun of cuz it had a fake instrumenatl version of Beyonce's "Crazy In Luv" that Raven keeps dancing to throughout the episode. And my boyfriend joked and said it better be that episode. Well, sure enough it ended up being that episode! I joked and said, great you wasted your one wish on THAT!?

I just now looked up how many episodes exist and there are 100, so it was a 1 in 100 chance that it would've been that episode.

I have another similar story, too. It was when Annie Lennox's "Bare" CD came out. She had a special edition of it that came out the same day with a bonus DVD. Before we went to the store, I said "they're gonna accidentally mark one of the special editions with the price of the regular edition" since we were broke at the time. Well, we get to the store and they had both versions of her CD and one of the special editions was marked with the price of the regular edition. The rest of them had the right prices.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join