It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore for VP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN) -- Former Vice President Al Gore endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Monday, urging Americans to reject what he called the Bush administration's legacy of "incompetence, negligence and failure."

In Detroit on Monday, Al Gore endorsed Sen. Barack Obama for president.

"Americans simply cannot afford to continue the policies of the last eight years for another four," Gore, the party's 2000 presidential nominee, told Obama supporters at a rally in Detroit, Michigan.

Perceived as a senior statesman in the Democratic party, Gore brings a certain force to Obama's campaign, political analysts have said.

You know, that looks like a pretty cosy relationship there, could gore be a possible runner for VP?

Surely Obama knows that the environment is a pretty critical factor, and while the US cannot be to influenced by environmental decisions, I feel having a VP soley dedicated to the environment could be a positive situation.

Obama knows people like Gore, I mean he won the 2000 election after all.
People know Gore's position on the environment, and his abilities.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

God help us all if Gore is going to be the vp.

of course this is speculation and Huissen is not yet the president. of course this would deter most would be assins cause no-one would want Gore to be the president..
. wait this is no laughing matter.....

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
You know, that looks like a pretty cosy relationship there, could gore be a possible runner for VP?

I have to admit Gore for VP would be a perfect fit considering Obama's relationship with Jim Johnson and Perseus LLC, and their heavy investments into alternative energy stocks. But I don't think Gore on the ticket is going to help get a lot of votes, especially considering he couldn't even win his own state in 2000.

Don't forget that the 2000 was Gore's to lose as the incumbent from a popular, 2-term administration. I think Barry O. needs somebody who comes across as a little less bitter.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I have to admit Gore for VP would be a perfect fit considering Obama's relationship with Jim Johnson and Perseus LLC, and their heavy investments into alternative energy stocks. But I don't think Gore on the ticket is going to help get a lot of votes, especially considering he couldn't even win his own state in 2000.

Don't forget that the 2000 was Gore's to lose as the incumbent from a popular, 2-term administration. I think Barry O. needs somebody who comes across as a little less bitter.

Good thoughts. Gore didn't even cross my mind until I saw this post.

Keep in mind though...there are a lot of people out there that wish they had voted for Gore the first time around. And, it has been 8 years...so people may not think about him being bitter anymore. Then again, his whole "Global Warming" bit, real or not, may have soured some people against him also.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I dunno, alot of people wish they still had the clinton era politics, especially if your alternative is Bush/Mccain.

Global warming is becoming apparent,

Katrina, the heavy storms lashing the midwest, flooding...

there are signs which backup Gores global theory

And Gore did originally WIN the 2000 election, so he must have atleast a sizeable backing,

sure some might have wandered, but in my opinion they would of definately stayed democratic.

admit it, its hard to fathom anyone jumping from democrats to republicans in the last 8yrs.

Can Gore legally go for VP Again being he already held the position?

Id definately vote on that ticket.. no hesitation.
especially when Mccain is the other choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think an Obama / Gore ticket would be very strong and I don't think the republicans could trump it. I don't think that Gore would be willing to be the VP again though. I doubt this would happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I dont know why but i think Gore is going to play a vital role

in this election. Just a feeling and nothing else.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I think Cheney shows that government can work if the VP office runs its own tangent.

Or maybe it shows that so long as you have the right people, in the right places your VP can be a very powerful force on an issue that is either

- 2 big for a president to handle correctly, with all his other presidential worries
OR
- 2 important to leave as '' another point on the agender ''

I doubt gore to turn it down

'' Al, I want you as my VP. Not because youve done it before, not because I feel your owed anything, but because you have the greatest grasp on a situation that could potentially be mans undoing. How would you like the opportunity and being know as the man who saved the world? Your sole position as VP will be focused on the environment, climate and pollution. ''

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
What? Didn’t Al Gore already serve as VP to Bill Clinton? All I remember from the Clinton administration was how the military bases and facilities were closed. Then, lo and behold, the surviving soldiers from the Iraq war under Bush administration didn’t seem to have sufficient medical care. I don’t think Al Gore should be VP for Obama Barack because of this very example. I don’t want anymore wars, which of course contributes to the pollution of the environment by, say, the usage of depleted-uranium ammunition (i.e. in Iraq).

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Gore won't be the VP. Obama only wants Gore to think he would have such a chance. Obama did the same to Edwards, somehow Edwards got the idea he'd be VP if he sucked up to Obama, now Gore is doing the same.

Typical Democrat get used and abused behavior, but this time one of his own party members.

McCain and Romney are the way to go for this election.

top topics

join