It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Disney

Please do not forget that evolution is a theory. Theory made by scientists, who fail to see "how else could it be".

But of course, you and the 100,000 spaceships in orbit know better,....

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
yes, i belong to PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals

Beisdes, i've pretty much never met a vegetarian/vegan/nothing with eyeballs type that didn't have a severe flactulence problem. baby, put some beano on them sprouts, please.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

indeed, then why the canines? the combination of canines and molars would lead one to believe we were meant to be omnivores...and why do certain blood types become anemic from abstaining from meat?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

yes, we do not have sharp pointed front teeth, but our front teeth act more like knives, we are adaptable, we eat what we can, be it a steak or an apple. Just because we have attributes like a herbivore we have little need to rapidly digest food or claws.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
We modern humans eat more meat now? Right, whatever. In pre-history, early man ate whatever he could scrounge up. After all, we were Hunter/Gatherers. Stress on the hunter. Most of the indigenous peoples here in America survived by killing big game, eating the meat, and utilizing every other part of the animals' bodies. Ever hear of the food chain? Or do the vegetarians think that we're just atop the Fruit/Vegetable chain? As with anything, balance is key. We don't have many flesh tearing teeth in our mouths, but we do have some, leading me to believe we were meant to eat some meat. If you don't like it, I'm sorry. If you don't want to eat meat - that's your right and perrogative. It is my right and perrogative to gnaw on a big, juicy steak, or burger, or roast anytime I please.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

ok ok look im quoting from the first post i saw and i didnt even read any further because of the grave error i saw in the post..
it stated that true carnivores salivate at the thought of prey and humans do not.. well let me be the first to say that is absolutley not true whatsoever.. let me explain.. yesterday when i was fishing at the lake i drove through some rural areas and cattle ofen roam free.
i hadnt eaten anything as i usually dont when i go fishing because i get up early and pack an apple or somthing to eat as a snack.
i fished for about 6 hours when i decided to come back home. driving through the country side my jeep began to over heat so i pulled over to put some water in it. i drive a POS so i allways carry a gas can of water. anyway..... i poured it in and waited a while for the jeep to cool down and i was watching cows walk across the road. NOW here is where it gets good... the absolute first thing that came to my mind was,, man im hungry, and all i wanted to do i swear was kill one of those cows and ofcourse eat it. i tell you i was nearly drooling over the thought. my mouth was deffinatly watering i can tell you that.
thats not the first time thats happened to me. once at my first duty station in the army we had a field exercise that lasted about 2 months. we camped out in grazing area for cows and we were tired of eating the army crap so we allways joked about shooting a cow and cooking it. hell i would have eaten it raw had i had the oppertunity to actually kill it. mouth watering like crazy then too.
and today a similar incident.. when i saw a stray dog running down the ally behind my house and i had throw backs to the philippines HAHA LOL.. street bbq man thats good stuff, so i came in cooked a huge ribeye steak and sauted shrimp. WOW i love being a TRUE carnivore. my mouth is watering now just thinking about it honest to God.
please dont take my meat away...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
ok let me clarify something before it is too late. maybe im not actually a "true" carnivore... but im sure as hell a TRUE omnivore.
though go figure i prefer flesh, and just about anyway it is presented to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What is a vegetarian?

A vegetarian is someone who is too dumb to comprehend the word "omnivore".

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Big Thread Some good points,

The question is really Can we Continue eating meat and survive as a species?

And to Meat eaters I say STEP OFF your messing with my world too!

20 vegetarians can live off the land required by one meat eater

Hey people are starving now in fact 2/3 of the worlds population! stop being soo greedy!

Every 3 seconds a child dies of starvation somewhere in the world

Enough!

If Americans reduced their meat consumption by 10% it would free
12,000,000 tons of grain - enough to feed 60,000,000 people (the
population of Great Britain)

Or a starving country !

Enough of the Lies on this I say!

Due to overgrazing 850,000,000 people live on land threatened by
desertification & over 230,000,000 already live on land so severely
desertified that they are unable to sustain their existence & face
imminent starvation

Yeah eating meat is making them big and strong isn’t it!

1 acre yields 165 lbs of beef or 20,000 lbs of potatoes

Stop wasting my resources too and 2/3 of the worlds poor!, we are all humans on this wonderful planet and have EQUAL rights for a share of its bounty, under ALL GODS

It takes 16lbs of high protein Soya to produce 1 lb of beef

Doing the maths yet guys with your high protein diets? seems simple to me but I am in the top percentile for math ability, I work with numbers ever day and haven’t eaten meat for 20 years!

25% of Central America’s forests have been destroyed for cattle
grazing since 1960

Between 1966-1983 38% of the Amazon rain forest was destroyed for
cattle grazing

Want to mess with my air now too eh?

90% of cattle ranches established on cleared forest land go bankrupt
in less than 8 years as the land becomes barren due to nutrient loss
& overgrazing

Oh those maths again facts that cant be denied... mind you Aristotle was a vegetarian and he wasn’t bad at it!

An inch of topsoil takes 200-1000 years to develop - yet in the USA
they have lost around 1/3 of their prime topsoil in 200 years
(around 7 inches) due to animal farming

Real healthy, strong choices being made here eh?

25 gallons of water to produce 1lb of wheat & 2500 gallons to
produce 1lb of meat

Hey meat eaters messing with my brothers and sisters, my land, my air, now you want all the water too... hey dudes seems like you making a move on my life and property!

The water used to produce 10 lbs of steak is equivalent to the
average consumption of water for an entire household for an entire
year

Hey I’ve got legitimate concerns here stop messing with my life Step Off meat eaters!

its becoming a small world

To produce 1calorie of energy from meat takes 60 calories of petrol,
whereas growing grains & legumes to directly feed people produces 20
calories for each calorie of fuel used ( that’s 1200 times more
efficient)

Are you guys dumb?

past all this though, meat eaters might inadvertently be a factor in WWIII, seriously. We all know Iraq and the hopefully not upcoming Iran is oil based, we know the current situation re Oil price vis a vis world situation.... you’ve done all ive shown above and now you want to drive the next war closer?

1lb of beef takes 1 gallon of petrol to produce

and furthermore!

A family of four eating beef for a year uses enough petrol to run a
car for 6 months (obviously depending on how far you drive!)

All Quotes From The Vegetarian Society UK

You want to get me drafted to keep stuffing dead animals in your mouth?

STEP OFF evolve and realise its not becoming an "choice" anymore it could wipe us out in many ways.

Funny how usually the one who eat the biggest stakes also usually get upset when people say we are related to chimpanzees.

The Veggies don’t feel threatened by being related to monkeys, because we’ve given up humans last but one (the other war violence) of our base attributes, that humans are evolving from.

Kind Regards

Elf

[edit on 17-6-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This has really gone on for too long, the notion that we weren't designed to eat meat is absolutely the most ignorant thing I Have ever read.

Humans are Omnivores which means that we are designed to eat BOTH vegetables AND meat. Why do you think that we have canine teeth? to shred vegetables? No they are for shredding meat.

Like I have said before we are omnivores to ensure our survival as a species. No veggies we can eat and digest meat, no meat we can get by on veggies. To say that we don't get hungry at the thought of prey, we do I see a steak and get hungry I see a nice plump roast and my mouth is watering like a waterfall. Just because we don't run down our prey and tear them apart right there and chow down on their raw meat, does not mean we weren't designed to eat meat.

This should not be a debate and its absolutely ridiculous that this thread has gone on for thirty pages.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by caballero]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
pigs eat meat and have molars,, and sweat, and are greedy, and also,, they eat fruts and veggies and stuff. given the opportunity they would even eat a human under the right circumstances.
sooooooooo.. im thinking here.. if somthing eats all those things and i too am on the menu, it seems fitting to me that i should even the playing field and take my fair share or unfair whatever portion of meat.
all that talk about what could be and what not if we stopped eating meat.
look, were all gonna die anyway, its the end of the world it catches up with everyone eventually even us pesky flesh eating carnosuars but until it comes i must get some meat.
and if meat is indeed so bad for me than it should kill my meat eating brethren off sooner than the vegans ..meaning that in the wake of our extinction they the vegans can create a bold new future where only humans are prey to animals, and humans can go swing from the trees picking apples and gnawing on grains with their well adapted molars.
well looks like the future is bright for someone.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm replying again as I find its quite a heated topic and I have another thought to add.

LISTEN to your GUT.

Often I find myself craving the strangest foods for no consciously known reason but if my iron is down I crave meat, candy if I crave sugar etc.

Humans have to stop the self hating, envirocopping etc. Nature balances itself and provides equally. Like horses and cows are devastating to a nice lawn, we might chop down trees for our paper or kill the odd cow etc. Mother earth knows best and so does our own homoeostatic unconscious controller. I'm pretty sure all plants have their own form of nervous system and consciousness. Harvesting can't be pretty to them. Only they can't speak or shrill for themselves.

Us humans, by nature, are rather destructive, enterprising but far more nurturing than anything else on the planet. Just don't over consume period. If you feel bad about murdering & eating meat, don't. If you feel bad about murdering & eating plants don't! See what happens! LOL.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I enjoy eating meat, but I feel if you are going to eat meat then you should have no problem slaughtering the animal of choice. With all the processed food out there we forget all to easy what we are actually eating and where it comes from.

Here is a paradox, when an animal in nature becomes overpopulated cannabilism ensues. Humans have over populated Earth.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

yes, nice quotes from a vegetarian website. do you actually believe these quotes?
want to talk about soil erosion? what do you think caused the dust bowl? not overgrazing but over farming!

What do cows leave as a waste product? crap. which is used to fertilize your precious plants.

Have you even been to a ranch where cows are raised for meat? I think not. My family has hundreds of cows that have been on the same land for as long as i can remember. no problems with the soil there. no overgrazing. hell, i wish they would actually mow the land so i wouldnt be walking grass 6in to a foot tall. Also, ranches have tanks, not the army kind, but man made bodies of water that collect rain and ground water. This is what the cows drink. Its not like they turn on the water hose and take it to each cow and let them have a drink.

"1 acre yields 165 lbs of beef or 20,000 lbs of potatoes "

how do you figure this, considering cows weigh thousands of pounds, and you can have more than one cow per acre.

"20 vegetarians can live off the land required by one meat eater "

maybe we should start eating vegetarians! I wonder how many lbs of meat of vegetarians i can get from 1 acre.

1lb of beef takes 1 gallon of petrol to produce

this i honestly cant explain. how does a cow cost a gallon per pound? I guess if your talking about the gas it takes to drive the vehicles what not but that is just reaching a little bit. Have you ever seen the tractors used to process all of the grains,fruits and vegetables on a farm? trust me, the gas mileage is not good.

"Funny how usually the one who eat the biggest stakes also usually get upset when people say we are related to chimpanzees. "

ive never heard anyone say that.

Your whole post fuels peoples stereotypes of vegetarians. Everything in your post is "mine, mine, mine." "Quit wasting my air, my water, my land". Whining and Pushing YOUR views on other people is what alot of people think vegetarians are like, and your post does nothing but uphold that stereotype. Go ahead and eat your plants. That is ok with me, and i will never try to make you eat meat. So just deal with the fact that people eat different things and its none of your business what they eat.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by tdubz]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
vegetarians mothers have huge problems with pregnancies so here it goes your argument, go to mercola.com for real world knowledge about health and food I also myself was a vegetarian for 5 years and all it comes to is eating mega portions of bread and sugar which leads to diabetes etc I also got bold thru these 5 years so I don't recommend it to anybody...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Here is a paradox, when an animal in nature becomes overpopulated cannabilism ensues. Humans have over populated Earth.

"Soylent green is made from people!!!"

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by k3456789

It's not vegetarianism that you should blame for your problems, but your very own dietary choices. There's more to vegetarianism than rice crackers and processed sugars.

Get real.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Dude, you get real. Vegetarianism is a religion you're pushing down our throats. Get over yourself. Meat eaters on here are not advocating that "you" eat meat, so why the other way around?
Ok, heres one for you. We stop eating meat, what do all you animal activists propose we do with millions of domesticated animals (this should be good!!!)?
All of your arguments have been debunked. You lose. End of story.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

All my arguments?

I figured my posts here to be fairly well balanced and unbiased for knowing you armchair scientists are so full of # it's incredible. I'm not pushing anything down anyone's throat. That's why I use words like "moderation" and "individual" or even, "from personal experience."

So, dudemanbro... Just totally chillax, take a chillpill, duder, and just sooooo read my posts over again. Sweet, killer, gnarly, thanks.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join