It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Well go read the points about creatine they're a few pages back by now. If the weight training worked for you then great but i'm pointing out you are the exception not the rule, if you had eaten meat i bet you would have seen greater and faster gains than on a vegetarians diet. If you want to argue that then go for it but i'm afraid it is a fact. I'm not being ignorant or close minded i simply know how the human body works.

Arnold Swazzeneggar would not have been Mr.Universe on a vegetarian diet

Originally posted by Death_Kron
In regards to creatine, it isn't needed to have success with weight training, but I myself as an athlete and many will testify to its effectiveness. By the way, you do know that creatine occurs naturally in Beef? Another pro for including meat in your diet. And you say you weight train? But, do you not take protein supplements? Take it from someone who knows, your physique, strength and muscle tone would improve greatly if you did supplement with protein. Try telling Mr Olympia protein/meat isnt needed to build a great body, you would get laughed at!!!

and at jfj123:

I know what creatine does and I actually stopped taking it some years ago. It dehydrated me and actually hindered my performance. I know people who've done well using it but I'm doing just fine without it

You have to remember - the choice to be vegans and vegetarian isn't based on misconceptions of improved physical performance. Sure, some might feel they'll be slimmer on these diets, but a bodybuilder isn't going to turn vegan to try and improve their performance. I have no doubt that bodybuilding is more successful on a diet of meat. Does that mean I'm going to switch? Hell no - because my integrity and conscience far outweigh my desire to have big muscles.

I know of a guy who has an enormous toned physique - easily bodybuilder standard - who is a long-standing strict vegan who takes no supplements or drugs whatsoever. I'd post pictures but I feel his privacy should be respected. Actually, you can see a small picture of him in the animation - top-left corner of the screen on this page:
www.veganfitness.net...

I only take protein powder after workouts (rice or soya) - no other supplements. Just eat damn well and lift hard. But the body can only process so much protein per day anyway so the lesser protein in a vegan diet needn't hinder growth. Would I be bigger and stronger if I ate meat? Probably - although my meat-eating training partner has struggled to put on the size I have and I have over-taken him in strength - so I don't think the difference is big.

The only reason I brought weight-training up is because the misconception that vegans must be skinny and frail couldn't be further from the truth. I'm the biggest guy at my workplace and among my friends, and it is all weight I've gained since going vegan.

EDIT: Imperfect spelling.

[edit on 18/6/2008 by Cythraul]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I have no doubt that bodybuilding is more successful on a diet of meat. Does that mean I'm going to switch? Hell no - because my integrity and conscious far outweigh my desire to have big muscles.

This alone deserves a star AND a thumbs-up.

On a personal note: I have been a vegetarian for more than 20 years now.
According to others, my appearance has remained almost unchanged.
All I can say is that I don't even feel my body: no aches, no colds, nothing.

And it's NOT because the rest of my lifestyle is so healthy, according to the "surgeon general"...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I've been a natural omnivore for almost 40 years and am healthier than most 20 year olds.
I also drink and smoke pot. Still healthier than most 20 year olds, and regularily pass for 28-30 year old.
What's your point?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
of course the dumb dont understand the concept of this ..
We will very soon not be eating meat anymore ..
And i for once will be happy but it will of course not be the right reason ..instead we will all have to stop eationg meat as you know it because it s all poisioned ......the commercial way of today is disgusting and any free thinking beeing would never torture any other beeing on the planet like this ..
No worries If i see someone killing an animal to eat it
but the fat masses in there supermarket looking at sterile drug invested meat packed in foil makes me sick ...

Unevolved fools think they are carnivors ..
I for once am a few steps further then the mob ..

Eat what you like but dont start to think ....it might make you sick what you find ...
unevolved fools

If i live in alaska minus 50 deg and have no means for food Of course I will eat meat ...if i have to BUT iam a 21 st cetury digital boy and we have evolved ..
There is absolutely NO need for meat in anyones diet ..
Stop talking out of your backside ..but but Vitamine B12 but but ..iron but but but but ..please educate yourself 1st before repeating the bs you been told ...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tdubz

Thats how its worked out the petrol mate. Same source.

Yep have worked on a mixed farm years ago, only for a couple of months, Crops, Dairy and Pigs.

Why wouldn't I believe an organization that has drawn its research from legitimate academic studies not funded by itself or simalair lobbies?

I think you will find that the lobbying with paid for research is done by the Oil Companies and Monsanto and large farmers and the such.?

As this society would be breaking the law in the UK to state facts and figures as they are represented by them without sources?

Meat & dairy farming uses billions of gallons of oil to run
tractors, fuel ships & lorries (to move animal feed & animals), pump
billions of gallons of water to irrigate fields & run
slaughterhouses, power refrigeration units to prevent the corpses
from decomposing & to power sewage plants to clean up some of the
pollution produced

Its stupid and your wasting all those resources that the world is fighting over for Cow farts and hot bits of grass when they lay down, further increasing the global warming issue.

The facts speak for themselves, learn, evolve, use factual science and STEP OFF MEAT EATERS stop messing with the world;

Cattle convert only 6% of their energy intake (mainly grains & soya)
into flesh, the remaining 94% is wasted as heat, movement (which is
why they keep many animals in very close confinement), hair, bones,
feces etc

Realise its the same reason that people suck their thumbs, or put fingers, pens to mouth, you only like meat because you were brought up on it, its a norm in modern society (west), you have been conditioned like robots to believe it.

Evolve and get out of the matrix!

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

You want to hide from what you are by birth then go right ahead and do so. its no skin off my back. Do not tell the rest of us we are wrong and we are ruining the world because we eat meat. Your facts are bogus. they represent a small portion of the farms I've ever seen. I've been all over my country and all over the world. farms are pretty much the same every ware. Very few keep the animals penned up so they can move as little as possible. in fact most have a huge area to roam in the way cows naturally roam. Slow and methodical.

Meat is muscle. you don't get muscle from lack of movement you get fat. Muscle weights more then fat so the best choice is to let the cows roam and move, because beef is sold by the pound.

Look at vegetables farmers. Look at all the chemicals they use to bring us all veggies. including petrol, insecticide, and fertilizer. Also look at the supplements that most (not all but most) vegetarians and vegans take. mass produced. it all takes energy to mass produce that stuff. now the shoe is on the vegetarians foot. mow it looks as thow vegetarians are the ones ruining the earth.

They are not of course. neither are we. its a life style choice that actually goes against what you are made to be, but still a choice non the less. don't muddy it by throwing BS facts around, and saying those who have not chosen to live your lifestyle are the cause of all the worlds ills.

Its crap and you know it.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
No worries If i see someone killing an animal to eat it
but the fat masses in there supermarket looking at sterile drug invested meat packed in foil makes me sick ...

Unevolved fools think they are carnivors ..

Just wanted to highlight this little section here and say just how much I agree. I'm not against eating meat per se, I just STRONGLY disagree with factory farming. No you're not a "man" because you eat meat - you'd be a man if you hunted, killed and skinned your own meat. Instead, all of these "honourable men" rely on pre-packaged prime cuts at a globalist supermarket. There couldn't be anything more dishonourable than that. If you're going to take away a creature's life, at least have the respect to do it yourself... or lay your eyes upon the carcass after it's done. Most children up to a certain age don't even know where bacon comes from - they don't know that the same cute piglet they pet at the local farm is going to end up as someone's bacon sandwich.

When I'm able to look into an animal's eyes and slit its throat myself, that's when I'll start eating meat again. That's honour, that's respect.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
EAT what you want but think about this....

As for the MEAT PRODUCTION industry MEATHODS ect.....THAT is where I see something wrong.....

Why is ther soooo much free open land for their cattle, while HUMANS mostly live in penned up little boxes, most not even having a YARD of their own???

Eat what you want, BUT wouldn't it be better if all that extra land was divided up so we could all have our own acre or so to raise our OWN animals/vegetables or whatever?

THAT is where I see a problem.....eat what you want, but why support the meat INDUSTRY....or any other industry for that matter, GM crops etc are just as bad....take up HUGE areas of land that people as their birth right should be inhabiting...but noooo, instead it is all for the canolas, pigs, and cows.......what about the HUMANS????? Where do they live????? Mostly in little stinky boxes, feeling bad about themselves as if it is somehow their fault that when they were born there was no land left because it was all for the cows, canola oil and chemically modified crap INDUSTRIES.....

THAT is the point bothering me....not WHAT you eat, but HOW it is produced.....

mellisamouse

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I agree, it is unrealistic to expect the entire human race to stop eating meat as long as there are animals on the earth, but most of us who still have something of a soul can reach a consensus to try to reduce unnecessary animal cruelty and suffering, particularly such as is inherent in factory farming. In fact, contrary to popular opinion, that is all I ever ask of others.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I never realized there were so many people this disturbed other people are eating meat. I don't really care you only eat vegetables why are you so insulting to my choice or in some cases lack of food choice.

There were comments from a poster that told me all the people eating meat in the bible was the wrong interpretation, He gave me a reference which twisted words and blah, blah, blah, people have been eating meat for as long as history can prove anything.

Another commonly misinterpreted theory is the structure of our teeth argument originated from the O.P. of the thread. Humans are completely different from those animals you compare us to. As long as archealogy has been proving we ate meat they also noticed we made tools to tear and break it up, we don't need doggy teeth, we make things. No one can deny these tools influence the evolutionary structure of our teeth.

Also the vegan type diet and farming, pesticides, plot deforestation, the dust bowl, geneticly modified crops, plant cloning; them cows sure are hurting the environment though.

You can play God with plants but not animals huh, why don't we just make up our own rules. Why don't we just not eat at all because the proven methods of rearing said foods isn't natural.

my family have animals we raise to eat, including cattle, pork, chicken you name it. Some of the animals I have ate I have also named. Ifeel the same connection I do with animals as I do with plants we are all living things.
What about all the plants you've slaughtered in the pursuit of a guiltless food?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
If that were the case we wouldn't have the tools for tearing it apart, but that doesn't mean that maybe sometime in our past we could have just been herbavoires, only grains and fruit and vegtables.

We do - they're called knives.

Just because we don't have claws doesn't mean we can't tear meat apart. We have a brain which can design and create tools. This is no different to a claw, it's just a different means of achieving the same task.

Furthermore, it is fully possible to tear meat apart using your bear hands, I know because I've done it. This is why we have sharp and hard nails. Oh and don't tell me human nails aren't sharp, it's ridiculously easily to scratch another human to the point of them bleeding, even by accident - unless you either cut your nails regularly or are very careful and gentle.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

the biggest give away is our eyes. they are located on the front of our head, side by side for greater depth perception. compare a deers eye location to a wolfs. next.

i must be a freak of nature... the first 3-4 teeth in my mouth top and bottom (starting middle counting back) are sharp...made for TEARING not grinding. (oh and guess what...a wolf...a tiger...a bear...they have molars too.) i didnt realize everyone else had molars in the front of their mouth.

the appendix is theorized to be an organ that once helped digest raw meat.

done yet?

[edit on 18-6-2008 by 30 Seconds]

[edit on 18-6-2008 by 30 Seconds]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by azblack
I never realized there were so many people this disturbed other people are eating meat. I don't really care you only eat vegetables why are you so insulting to my choice or in some cases lack of food choice.

Well, not that I care to continue the argument, but seeing as you asked - animals are sentient beings who feel pain, sorrow, fear and joy. Vegetables are not. So it would pretty ridiculous of you to question people who eat vegetables just because they questionyou eating meat. It is all for the benefit of the thing that you're eating. Do you really care whether vegetables live or die in the same way I care how animals live or die?

Originally posted by azblack

There were comments from a poster that told me all the people eating meat in the bible was the wrong interpretation, He gave me a reference which twisted words and blah, blah, blah, people have been eating meat for as long as history can prove anything.

If you're referring to my post on page 4 or 5 or something, well there was absolutely no twisting of words there. Go back and read it. I quoted an ancient Hindu text which said eating meat was an unknown concept and then suggested that perhaps God was wrong to tell us to begin eating meat after the great flood. No word-twisting. I question everything - ESPECIALLY God's word.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I haven't taken the time to read this whole thread, I'd just like to comment on the article which say's humans do not salivate at the sight of live prey. This is incorrect. I was out hunting last year and found a Buck which made me salivate damn near uncontrolably. I got him, and ate him, and it was DAMN GOOD!!

So I disagree, we are omnivorous. We like the taste of blood. This is why we're so violent...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As much as I read threads here in ATS I've never come across such a thread with an endless amount of useless whining.

"Animals have lives too, why do you have to eat them? I'm sick of you meateaters!"

"Why can't mateaters be like us?"

"I can't stand people for what they eat. They must eat what we eat!"

"I can't stand people eating meat"

"I can't stand watching animals being caged!"

"I'm disgusted at meateaters collecting hardened stool"

"Why can't meat eaters have soft stool like us vegetarians?"

"I can't stand meat eaters having constipation! "

"OOOh I can't stand people buying meat packs from convenience stores, they should quit their civilized well paying jobs and live like a caveman in a forest and hunt themselves so they can live outside like an uncivilized neanderthal, wear loincloth, don't bathe, have fleas and siht in a dug up hole"

"ooooh I can't stand bodybuilders eating meat so they can build muscles, why can't they be skinny passive weaklings like us?"

And the best one yet I have come across:

"Ooooh why can't we live on grasslands and sleep outside instead of living boxed in in our comfortable homes with bed, clean water and cooked food? Why can't we walk around munching grass and doing nothing and sit around doing nothing while munching grass some more?"

WTF?

Jeebus, look at yourselves. You people are acting like 10 year old little girls.
Why don't you whine about how hard is to breathe.

Grow up people. Stop whining like little girls and grow up already. The way this world works organisms live, eat eachother, procreate and die. Face the facts. No amount of useless whining and effort to turn that upside down is going to change the way the world works. And stop suggesting impractical idiotic ideas to turn the way this world works.

We are not living in utopia. And before any smart-ass making smart-ass remarks about me whining, I'm not.

I'm stating the FACTS.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Humans are omnivours. And If we weren't ment to be that way, evolution of us eating meat through hundreds of thousands of years would have made us adaptable

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
what about the venus fly trap? it eats insects? does that make it a bad plant?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

sorry you got that impression
i eat meat
i eat non-meat
both sides had ranters
I was trying to get everyone to debate not berate

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

It may seem ridiculous to you who claims to question everything, but are you completely postive trees and plants don't feel anything. I know it's scientificly accepted as such but because they don't express pain or more directly don't move, I've thought many times with axe in hand, what if they could feel it? It's just thought and valid arguement to those who question everything truly, They are undeniably living organisms that's a good enough arguement for me!

There's also still the fact because you think it's wrong to eat it doesn't effect my feelings for it.

It is also painfully obvious farming and pursuit of plant foods has done far more ecological damage than cattle ranging has ever caused. It was stated earlier in this thread land is cleared for grazing. This could be true, not where I live, they graze on bayou rough terrain, and do fine. As a matter of fact the land is minimally affected and the leases these grazers hold preserve the natural terrain from development or further molestation.

Further more ther are far more toxic chemicals, steroids, runoff.......!!

They test our bulls and bull riders now for steroids along with all our other food grade stock! I love vegetables and animals and eat both.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join