It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Still_Learning
reply to post by Danger Girl

Humans are omnivours. And If we weren't ment to be that way, evolution of us eating meat through hundreds of thousands of years would have made us adaptable

It gets better. IF we somehow evolved into herbivors, we wouldn't be where we are today. We'd still be hanging on trees eating fruits and scratching our behinds like an orang utan.

Well some of us still are or are trying desperately to de-evolve into orang utans.
Since they don't have the capability to comprehend the word "evolution" and "omnivore".

Scientist: Evolution. Repeat after me. EVOLUTION.....

Dumb veggie eating ape: Uuuhh uh... Aaahh ahh. *munching on vegetables*

Scientist: Omnivore. Repeat after me. OMNIVORE.

Dumb veggie eating ape: Uh uh Ah ah! *Scratches behind.*

Scientist : Wow these apes never evolved for millions of years. No wonder they are dumb....

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdubz
what about the venus fly trap? it eats insects? does that make it a bad plant?

Lets get further than that.

Plants get nutrients from broken down organic biological matter in addition to minerals from their roots.

So,

An animal dies(insect, mice, whatever). The carcass/remains get broken down and absorbed into the surrounding plants i.e. fertilizes them. This means plant also EAT animals in a sense. Does that make the plants 'evil' too? Since we and millions of other omnivores and carnivores eats 'carcass', absorb the nutrients broken down from the 'carcass' in our stomachs, are the plants that you oh-so righteous human vegetarians eat less 'evil'?

See?

When you think about it, the ridiculousness of how post modern vegetarians think is abysimally stupid and dumb, arrogant and pretentious and self rightuous there's no word to describe how infinitely dumb they are.....

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus
Lets get further than that.

Plants get nutrients from broken down organic biological matter in addition to minerals from their roots.

So,

An animal dies(insect, mice, whatever). The carcass/remains get broken down and absorbed into the surrounding plants i.e. fertilizes them. This means plant also EAT animals in a sense. Does that make the plants 'evil' too? Since we and millions of other omnivores and carnivores eats 'carcass', absorb the nutrients broken down from the 'carcass' in our stomachs, are the plants that you oh-so righteous human vegetarians less 'evil'?

See?

I'm afraid i don't, those animals died of natural causes, there life was not taken to feed the plants, they came to their end without being killed by us. That's a very bad simile of farming and eating meat.

When you think about it, the ridiculousness of how post modern vegetarians think is abysimally stupid and dumb dumb dumb, arrogant and pretentious and self rightuous there's no word to describe how infinitely dumb they are.....

Dumb? Hardly, lots of vegans and vegetarians are extremely smart. They are leading themselves by their morals, they find the idea of killing something or farming meat wrong. This would be fine with me if they didn't try and force it down everyones throat.

You however are being just as close minded and arrogant with your beliefs as the people you are trying to counter. You're arguing froma position of nature, that animals kill animals, however the vegans and vegetarians would argue that we are different to them as we are concious beings. We have the ability to choose, that's what they'll say.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

When you think about it, the ridiculousness of how post modern vegetarians think is abysimally stupid and dumb dumb dumb, arrogant and pretentious and self rightuous there's no word to describe how infinitely dumb they are.....

Right back at ya bud

reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I'd like to add the more than anything it is the METHOD of livestock production that you will find most vegos are protesting. I don't know any vego who honestly thinks that humans will ever cease eating meat. But anyone with even half a braincell knows that it can be done in a humane manner without treating the animals like utter s*** in the process.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi

Right back at ya bud

reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I'd like to add the more than anything it is the METHOD of livestock production that you will find most vegos are protesting. I don't know any vego who honestly thinks that humans will ever cease eating meat. But anyone with even half a braincell knows that it can be done in a humane manner without treating the animals like utter s*** in the process.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Shar_Chi]

There? You lost me again. So by eating them we have to kill them right?
So killing is 'humane'? So whyyou don't eat meat? You don't like killing right?
Sooo.... killing is.... humane? hmmmmmm...... That's like saying eating is s#hitting.

See the logic and thought process done by these vegetarians? This is EXACTLY what I was talking about...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Dumb? Hardly, lots of vegans and vegetarians are extremely smart. They are leading themselves by their morals, they find the idea of killing something or farming meat wrong. This would be fine with me if they didn't try and force it down everyones throat.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

Care to back that up that with scientific proof? Or are you just going to spout out refutable nonsense like every damned vegetarian parrot out there without researched scientific proof?

The burden of proof is on you. Not me...

I'm waiting for the day for scientists to do a thorough research on this.
Human Omnivores vs. human carnivores vs unsuplemented human herbivores in mental, physical and health.

Buut I'm sure which group will win, since, you know, humans are evolved omnivores instead of strictly carnivores or herbivores.

You know, OMNIVORES. EVOLUTION.
I'm sure you can comprehend that.
Since you can use a computer and NOT an Orang Utan.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Care to back that up that with scientific proof? Or are you just going to spout out refutable nonsense like every damned vegetarian parrot out there without researched scientific proof?

The burden of proof is on you. Not me...

Actually you were the one calling vegans and vegetarians dumb without proof to begin with, so the burden of proof would be on you as the first claiment now wouldn't it

Buut I'm sure which group will win, since, you know, humans are evolved omnivores instead of stricly carnivores or herbivores.

You know, OMNIVORES. EVOLUTION.
I'm sure you can comprehend that.
Since you can use a computer and NOT an Orang Utan.

You have just proved that you havn't read this thread and yet you call others dumb. I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, i've been one of the most vocal people in this thread trying to make them realise that humans are omnivores by nature. However when you say such rediculous things as you were before i have to call you on it as i work by logic when i argue.

You are doing meat eaters no favors with your poor arguements, constant name calling and hypocritical approach.

There? You lost me again. So by eating them we have to kill them right?
So killing is 'humane'?

See the logic and thought process done by these vegetarians? This is EXACTLY what I was talking about...

He lost you? Then it shows your mind is very closed to any rational arguement. What he was trying to say which seemed obvious to me as a meat eater. Is that many vegetarians may be les militant in their ways if the farmers didn't treat their animals so badly. I understood his arguement, shame you couldn't.

I myself don't eat any meat farmed in such horrible conditions, however i understand one thing clearly. You cannot feed the world the meat it requires without these methods, it's i'm afraid a necessary evil.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Actually you were the one calling vegans and vegetarians dumb without proof to begin with, so the burden of proof would be on you as the first claiment now wouldn't it

Oooh... THAT. That's only my opinion. You see, cause they don't know what's the use of their forward facing binocular vision
and canines
for. That's what makes them 'dumb'. Dumb: "Slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity".

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Oooh... THAT. That's only my opinion. You see, cause they don't know what's the use of their forward facing binocular vision
and canines
for. That's what makes them 'dumb'. Dumb: "Slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity".

It's not that they don't know, they see the evidence and deny it. They're as close minded as you only on the opposite side of the door
It doesn't make them dumb, it makes them unwilling to accept the truth because it might cloud their morals on not eating meat. To argue that we are not meant to eat meat, is easier than arguing it's wrong to eat meat.

At least that's why i think they argue that we're not omnivores.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I haven't read about anyone dying from cardiovascular disease from eating fruits and vegetables.

I have on the other hand read plenty about the dangers of over consuming red meat products versus fish.

We eat of the flesh as an acquired taste when there is plenty on the vine.

Man is the only hunter that hunts even when his belly is full. He kills for sport.

Man perpetrates many an injustice on the other living creatures on this earth in the name of satisfying his pallet. Raising animals in abhorrent conditions and justifying a multitude of cruelties which he himself would not wish to withstand.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've been baited into arguements which neither prove or disprove anything pertaining to my bodies ability eat meat.

If my body is incapable of eating meat how come everybody eats it with no side effects?
I read some people based on blood type should eat red meat predominately. Also the scientific community seems to agree o+ may be the oldest blood type all others developed and changed from dietary change provided by increased vegetary intake. This makes them need red meet in their diet.

This was in a book for everybody who expects me to have this crucial evidence to this arguement earmarked I will search for this book and return to quote it!

Edit to say" The people who push their beliefs on me are too busy bashing people to look at real evidence"
If my body is not designed for meat how come I eat it everyday
NO VEGIE PUSHERS WILL FACE THIS ARGUEMENT

[edit on 19-6-2008 by azblack]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
I haven't read about anyone dying from cardiovascular disease from eating fruits and vegetables.

I have on the other hand read plenty about the dangers of over consuming red meat products versus fish.

Erm and i think you proved the point of any sensible meat eater. If you eat meat sparingly then you'll be just as healthy as a vegetarian. Also i never understood why vegetarians thought it ok to eat fish? That's still a life you know.

Furthermore i myself don't eat red meat, i eat only lean meats and my cholesterol level is non existant the last time i had a check up. Granted i'm only 22 but also my entire family have eaten meat. My grandad lived to a ripe old age and so did both of my grans. Obviously meat eating isn't that bad as long as you only have small amounts and/or stick to lean meats.

Did you know rabbit is virtually cholesterol free? Honestly it has so little fat in it you can get protein poisoning if you eat only rabbit. Good cholesterol free meat that won't kill your heart.

We eat of the flesh as an acquired taste when there is plenty on the vine.

Man is the only hunter that hunts even when his belly is full. He kills for sport.

Wow you're talking so much rubish here it's shocking, typical vegetarians propoganda. You do know that chimps have been found to go on a hunt and kill something, they do eat it but often they do it shortly after consuming tons of fruit. It shocked researchers when they first saw it, the chimps didn't need to eat the meat, they even seemed to enjoy the chase.

Man perpetrates many an injustice on the other living creatures on this earth in the name of satisfying his pallet. Raising animals in abhorrent conditions and justifying a multitude of cruelties which he himself would not wish to withstand.

Peace

Abhorrent conditions huh? Have you ever visited a farm? I've seen the bad farms but they're not as common as you and people from PETA or the ALF make out. My local farms, well most of them, the cows and pigs roam free. The local farm where i buy my eggs, the chickens run about all over the place, i actually tripped over one of the little blighters as i was going in the farm shop.

Not all farms are places where cows are chained to the floor, given a cell so small their sides scrap alongside it. Please keep your propoganda elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I haven't read most of the thread, but i feel it's nessecary to ask;

If humans were predominantly meat-eaters, why are there so many different varieties of animal life on the planet?

It's because of our omnivorous nature that our populations swelled so much during the times of the ancient civilisations, so you could say that it's because of our veges that we've reached as far as we have.

If we were predominantly carnivorous, i think it's safe to say we would have hunted every other species on this planet to extinction in order to cope with the population growth.

Which ultimately could explain why humans are the only ones out of the countless multitudes to evolve to this state, now that i think about it.

Now then, let's all thank the ancient shamans for providing us with agriculture, shall we?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

The only severe food allergies of notable danger are vegetables nuts are the most dangerous. Also the oils in vegetables especially in concentration are far more dangerous than poorly prepared fatty meat, and that instance is completely fixable.

Fish, with the lack of mercury and other pollutionary toxins, could be the most healthy food possible. It's also meat did we forget about them?

I didn't mean to argue just wondering if you always evaluated the best nutritional practices with such a one sided point of view?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
I haven't read most of the thread, but i feel it's nessecary to ask;

If humans were predominantly meat-eaters, why are there so many different varieties of animal life on the planet?

It's because of our omnivorous nature that our populations swelled so much during the times of the ancient civilisations, so you could say that it's because of our veges that we've reached as far as we have.

I have at no point in this thread said we are predominately meat eaters. I do wish people would read it even if it's so long.

If we were predominantly carnivorous, i think it's safe to say we would have hunted every other species on this planet to extinction in order to cope with the population growth.

Man has always hunted pretty much every species they could. We usually left out lions and tigers because they might hurt us in return or we didn't have the technology to do so. In modern times we eat pretty much every animal there is in the world, cows are the most popular for many reasons. I however wish we wouldn't eat so much of that bad red meat, the days of using deer, rabbit, hare or even other forms of fish are gone. That's a shame.

However we coudln't really hunt anything to extinction when there are so many species. The Dodo for example was only hunted to extinction because there was little else to eat on the island. Any human being in the Americas would have been spoilt for choice, the same goes for the Asias and the Europian area. Bit hard to hunt so much to extinction.

Which ultimately could explain why humans are the only ones out of the countless multitudes to evolve to this state, now that i think about it.

Now then, let's all thank the ancient shamans for providing us with agriculture, shall we?

We evolved to our state because..................well i don't know, just like no scientist truly knows. We can cite natural selection all we wish but we don't have our missing link and even if we did we would be hard pressed to say what exactly caused us to evolve as we are. Eating meat could have been a big part of it, some scientists argue it gave us the free time to develop tool making and bigger brains.

Basically being omnivorous is great, however lots of species are omnivorous, i think it's more than that that created us.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I have at no point in this thread said we are predominately meat eaters. I do wish people would read it even if it's so long.

I didn't say you did.

I do wish people would spend more time making sure they are correct in their assumptions.

Are you willing to compromise?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Well as i've been making a lot of noise about such things it was easy to assume you were aiming it at not just me, but throwing me in with all the others. Maybe next time give a name or a clarification, that's all i meant.

Are you willing to compromise?

Compromise on what?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

We evolved to our state because..................well i don't know, just like no scientist truly knows.

That's because it's not truly the domain of scientists.

More that of Historians and their boots on the ground the Archaeologists.

The Shamans were known for their experiments with plants of all types, so it wouldn't be totally surprising if one day one of them observed a bee pollenating a plant, or noticed that shoots had sprouted from the ground after a forest-fire.

Unless, of course, you happen to think aliens gave us agriculture or something...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Compromise on what?

You made an assumption, i failed to be specific.

I offer reconciliation.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join