It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thespazticator

Ever eaten raw potato? It tastes like crap! Raw potato is poisonous.

Man, are you serious?
I LOVE raw potatoes. I eat them pretty often, they taste great IMO. They are not poisonous
Poisonous are only those "vegetables" that grow from it, but NOT the potato itself
Actually, I heard a story that some kings long time ago also thought that whole potatoes are poisonous and nobody ate them. But then some poor people tried it and they found out that they are not poisonous. When kings found out, they prohibited the people from eating potatoes and made it a "royal only" meal.

Man, that was really crap...

And to the taste - well, I got what you mean, but I am sure you can not take the taste as an absolute indicator. There are many healthy things that "taste like crap" to some people (e.g. mostly meat-eaters treat tofu as not tasty). Also, everybody has different taste... so you can't treat is as an absolute indicator. IMO, meat is somehow fooling our tongue...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danger Girl

Originally posted by Roper
reply to post by Danger Girl

Then why is meat so tasty?

When i run my hand over the tenth rib of a steer I'm thinking "nice ribeye",yum.

Roper

Do you think the same way of a cow in a pasture?

When I see a cow, I think, "Hmm, cute cow. Bet it'd make a lot of tasty steaks."

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

CHIMPS EAT MEAT TOO..THEY HUNT SMALLER MONKEYS.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

CHIMPS EAT MEAT TOO..THEY HUNT SMALLER MONKEYS.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You should know we are not all the same we all have different blood types wich have a relation to our stomach acid, eather we have had our dna changed/ geno type upgraded... look up the geno type program using epi-genetics. type o's have High stomach acid and type A's have low acid. peter d adamo is the brain behind the idea... its hard to find the book now at barnes but thats because it is the closest thing we know of yet... unless you get a microscope eat the food and see what it doese to your blood cells.... its funny how we have alll this technology but we havnt figured out what it is that we are supposed to eat. if you give a to a 0 they are dead and it works all ways other then o- to any other blood type... if my blood kills you then what makes you think we would eat the same thing ? considering out blood is what delivers our food...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You should know we are not all the same we all have different blood types wich have a relation to our stomach acid, eather we have had our dna changed/ geno type upgraded... look up the geno type program using epi-genetics. type o's have High stomach acid and type A's have low acid. peter d adamo is the brain behind the idea... its hard to find the book now at barnes but thats because it is the closest thing we know of yet... unless you get a microscope eat the food and see what it doese to your blood cells.... its funny how we have alll this technology but we havnt figured out what it is that we are supposed to eat. if you give a to a 0 they are dead and it works all ways other then o- to any other blood type... if my blood kills you then what makes you think we would eat the same thing ? considering out blood is what delivers our food...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We aren't designed to eat meat you bunch of... We were designed to be veggies! So go veggie now! By the way humans are eeeeeeeeeeeeevil! Animals are better than humans. If you also believe this then please U2U me.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
here's a link for you non-meat eaters needing b-12
www.naturalways.com...
your Welcome from the cow biter
have a healthy day you vegans

Here's the link to my introduction thread come by and say hi
its how I.m picking my friends and foes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-6-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You guys are just silly, you can't use taste as an indicator of what we're suppose to eat, thats why everyone is so dam obese now. Krispy kreme donuts taste AMAZING, better than any meat or vegetable, but I'm sure if thats all I ate I'd become overweight and diabetic in no time. So for those using taste as a argument, you fail miserably, just stop it now.

There are many things that exclude the vegan way of life being absolutely mandatory, but my question to you vegans is, what is the purpose of a gallbladder? There just isn't enough fat within plant matter to warrant the need of a gallbladder, in fact, I've known quite a few vegans who after years of being on the diet had to have their gallbladder removed. Now you will probably say its a useless organ or they had problems with it prior to being vegan. The fact is, when bile in the gallbladder isn't being used by the body to digest/emulsify fats, which is usually almost always the case with a vegan, it remains stagnant and hardens. When bile hardens, guess what you're left with, GALLSTONES, PAIN, which results in the removal of the gallbladder. Now I'm not saying being vegan is the only cause of gallstones, because its not, consuming little to no fat IS.

Now like I said, there are many arguments against the vegan way of eating, I just presented one, our teeth is another, but then again if one looks at what is really needed to eat food, then teeth are irrelevant, how do you think infants survive?

I also forgot to mention it is pointless to say that you need meat or veggies to live, the fact that you are alive and posting in this thread negates that ideology, it holds no weight. I'm not against anyway of eating, heck, I couldn't tell you the last time I ate a veggie, but I know what we're all here for and thats to find the optimal way of eating. The way of eating that will keep us the healthiest, the most mentally sharp, and longest lived.

[edit on 6/17/2008 by WiseIsAwoken]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

what you are saying is very true im a 12 yr old and know this i would be a vegeterian if parents let me but to answer your question adam and eve were designed to eat all the FRUIT of the garden only until after they were banished from the garden of eden and they were cursed to till the ground for food did lamech i think thats his name find out you could eat meat for food because hunting was easier he learned this knoweledge from the fallen angels or the giants one

then god allowed noah to eat meat after that because there was not enogh vegetation to eat fom but he was not allowed to eat meat after the vegetation had grown back

now when the israelites ate meat it was "because of the hardness of [their]hearts" the same reason he let them eat the unclean foods and all of them died

now the new testement does say not to worry about what we eat if we folllowed yahwehs way we would live a long life but we were CREATED to eat fruits and vegetables not meat so naturally it would be better if we eat vegetarian you should read the book hallelujah diet its not really a diet but it explains what i just said in a lot more depth

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

what you are saying is very true im a 12 yr old and know this i would be a vegeterian if parents let me but to answer your question adam and eve were designed to eat all the FRUIT of the garden only until after they were banished from the garden of eden and they were cursed to till the ground for food did lamech i think thats his name find out you could eat meat for food because hunting was easier he learned this knoweledge from the fallen angels or the giants one

then god allowed noah to eat meat after that because there was not enogh vegetation to eat fom but he was not allowed to eat meat after the vegetation had grown back

now when the israelites ate meat it was "because of the hardness of [their]hearts" the same reason he let them eat the unclean foods and all of them died

now the new testement does say not to worry about what we eat if we folllowed yahwehs way we would live a long life but we were CREATED to eat fruits and vegetables not meat so naturally it would be better if we eat vegetarian you should read the book hallelujah diet its not really a diet but it explains what i just said in a lot more depth

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thespazticator

a vegan diet can be damaging to your health but with the right supplements it is very healthy as long as you can keep a balance with nutrients. My dad is about 58 years old and bin a vegan his hole life he is by far the healthiest person I know and have ever met for his age. He races mountin bikes and places every time, the man is an unstopable presition machine. Iv seen the efects of good and bad vegan diets and definitly agry that if if there is not a sufitient amount of nutrients in the body it can be deadly.
There is a fue types vegiterian.

1. vegiterian. still eats anemal products but not much meet.
2. cardboard vegan. no animal products but still eats a good amount of proses foods.
3. true vegan. little prosest foods and mostly raw veggies.
4. super vegan. no prosest foods and mostly organic veggies.

to survive on any one of thiese diets you need still all your nutrition and you almost need your own lab to see what you lack and what needs to be added.

there is a lot of veggies that you wont find in the stores that have better benefits , you have to order seeds and grow them your self.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
OK, I'd like to put this to bed because there is so much silly nonsense floating around regarding this issue...

*** TO ANYONE THAT "FEELS BETTER" EATING ONLY VEGETABLES ***
The reason why you "feel better" is because you have inadequate digestive health to process the protein in the meat when you eat it. The diet you may have had before your lifestyle choice or the type of meat you may have eaten were, in fact, not high-grade and may have adversely affected your system's ability to break down complex protein into simpler components. It also may have to do with your stomach's natural ability to perform this breakdown function adequately.

Some people's stomach's just can't do it. This has nothing to do with evolution or "the story of noah" as someone posted earlier. This has everything to do with the cultural habits or north Americans. If you examine this issue outside the US, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

We ARE in fact omnivores...this is largely undisputed within the biologic/zoological community. We just tend to eat too much meat in North America.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

you hit some thing right on the money, your stomach culture is one of the things that determine what diet you can have.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just want to give my humbel opinion.... while I agree our bodies are capable of eating anything.....a few questions have bugged me for years and years...

As a child, I never wanted anything to do with meat, eggs or dairy. These things were repugnant to me.

The only reason I started eating them is because I had one of those wonderful families that forced me to sit at the table until my plate was empty, and threatened that if I threw up, (as meat, eggs, dairy made me gag) then I would have to eat that too....otherwise, if I had the CHOICE, I personally would never eat such things.

Just over the last few years I have finally had the courage to listen to my body and eat only what I want instead of being bullied against my natural instincts, and turned vegetarian, and now recently vegan.

However I do not judge meat eaters, it is just not for me personally.

I am in no way a religious person, but did read the Bible a few times just to try and get an understanding of other peoples beliefs etc.

-WAY back in the garden of Eden, there was no need for meat...(so why do people think we used to have sharper teeth mabey? Does cro-magnan man have sharper front teeth?)

- God told Daniel and his companions not to eat any of the meat from the kingdom, but only vegetables, and they were stronger and just as fat as everyone else....(so why do people fear that vegans will be weaker, when they are supposedly stronger?)

-Jesus said "you shall not live on bread alone, but on the words of God" so could eating JUST bread or grass suffice? BUT also fed people fish, so that shows a CHOICE of EITHER way being acceptable if you wanna get into the "morals" of it....

As for survival.....well, fasting on just water, twice a few years ago, and I was feeling better than ever, lost many ailments etc, etc, etc,....so most people could just survive on water while gathering appropriate foods until they were ready to break their fast....but for SOME bloodtypes this may be different.

I think it is a FEE WILL CHOICE for each individual to make, Period.

On the other hand, I really do know that this mass production of meat is impacting the environment as well as peoples health in general, SOOOOo eating LESS meat is DEFINATLY a neccesity for our planet at this time, and I think that for me personally, it is my duty to eat vegan to give some relief to the environment at this time, UNLESS, or UNTIL, I may be in a case of extereme survival, in which case I see that as a free choice, BUT I know I personally could not kill a living being.....

just my two cents for now.....

mellisamouse.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not sure what to think about this thread. Seems to me that veggies always try convince everyone they are right on this subject......

Riddle me this....Why do vegetarians have to try so hard to eat a balanced diet?

You can try to give me that "I am healthy" business, but I'm telling you I have seen em', all pasty and pale. Eating bean sprouts and peanuts might give you protein, but I am going to eat anything that does not run fast enough.

And who is the crazy bastard that thought of that whole "hunter gatherer" thing?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Chiiru;

You are not mislead. You are bang on.

We are capable of eating many forms of matter, and we desire many forms of matter. I will not be told that I am in the wrong for salivating when I see a Black Angus fattened and ready for the blades.

My teeth are capable of tearing flesh, and tear flesh I will.

Go ahead and use your canines for grain, it's a free world.

Should Lions, Tigers, Wolves, and Sharks get all the yummy red protein?

I think not,....

Rib-Eye, medium rare please!!

Bear

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
Dogs are carnivores, not omnivores. Yes, they do eat grass, on occasion, however, it is for digestion aid, and their teeth don't show it. They live off of meat. We live on meat and plants. Hence how our teeth are laid out.

So true. BUT why in the hell does my dog eat the tomatos in my garden? She loves them, and only eats them when they are ripe. LOL. Not too mention she loves chinese fried rice, mexican beans, carrots, celery and an occasional banana too.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Not to mention the poor sprouts that end up in blender drinks.

At least I kill my food before I pulverise it.

I think it's time for a PETV !!

Bear

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join