It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Barbury Castle crop circle: pi solved?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Something that all the discussion about "bulleye's" brought to mind: The description of Atlantis...I know, I know, this isn't an Atlantis thread, but perhaps the tale of Atlantis and the description of the city having concentric rings was an allegory for the knowledge of pi and anti pi? any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Forgive me if it's already been mentioned, but has anyone considered the distance of each "jump"?

The distance of each "jump" (radiating from the center) is the same length.
It is 1/4 the size of the diameter of the large inner circle. (1/2r)
It is twice the diameter of the small circle next to the large inner circle. (4r)

I'm by no means a mathematician(!) but conceptually, the law of squares/inverse squares jumps to my mind.

Since many people are throwing theories out there I'd like to add my own to the mix! My thoughts:
This is a representation of a hydrogen atom and it's interaction with other atoms at the molecular level, (occuring 10 orders of magnitude of the atomic scale). Relative to the center circle (which is a hydrogen atom denoted by it's "proton" and 1 "orbiting electron"), the distances of each partial circumference tells us the general frequency at which this atom resonates within each order.

Bottom line, it has to do with atoms, molecules, and resonation. If true, is there any connection between this CC and the other recent CC that some researchers say resemble one of Tesla's transistors? I think they are connected and is no coincidence.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
sometimes i think people may tend to over think things. extracting complex scientific models off of something that, in my opinion, is supposed to be a type of communication, is thinking to hard on a simple thing.
i'm not a mathematician, nor am i a scientist, but this cc seems to be something that was intended to communicate to a lower life form.
if you were an alien and you wanted to talk to a species below your evolutionary level, with your medium being a cc, then you would want to make sure they understood it, by making it simple enough for the intended lower life forms to understand.
they wouldn't be posting complex chemical reactions or complex mathematical equations because they probably would want everyman to know its meaning instead of the elite few who understand such things, and understand them well.
i think it goes to pi because it is a circle, and pi comes from circles.

i truly believe it is a calendar of some sort. i have a link to a picture that i did up in paint. i know that is SO un-advanced but bear with me.

if you look at the picture it is the crop circle with a bunch of lines painted, and very badly painted, onto the barbury cc.

look at it like a tree where the green parts in between the white lines are the years the tree has been alive. if you went to high school and paid attention then you would know that each segment shows how much water that tree consumed that year, where some are fat from a lot of rainfall and some are small due to a lack of rainfall.

it is the same in this picture.
the red color signifies the rest of 2008, from when the cc was put there like march of 2008, to march of 2009..
the yellow line signifies march 2009 to march 2010.
the blue line signifies march 2010 to march 2011.
and the pretty pink line shows march 2011, and ends on march 2012 with 3 degrading circles coming off of the end.
if you look at the original picture you will see that the line that spirals out from the start jumps up in increments, sometimes it is a slight jump , and sometimes it is a larger jump.
I belive these to be points of interest where something happens in that timeline. there are an average of 3-4 per year in the crop circle if you look at them.

the 3 degrading circles could represent more time, or some type of change. there is a lot one can interepret.

these are just my thoughts.

thanks for readin'

[edit on C
20082008-06-30T01:45:30-05:00u06America/Chicago6 by FremenBlueEyes]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It looks like a lock, with the three circles on the outside needing to traverse to the center.

Similar to a safe's lock.

I only have two cents

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
sorry to be vague ...

resonant harmonics..

fields ..

just like if you pluck a string, the string elements that construct the string are revealed within the resulted frequency..

in space the fields for micro construction are different then within the fields of the earth plane..

earth has a signature frequency ..

it could very well be a pure form of unadulterated source of light and frequency ..

like the 'Children of Winter'
or the Super Psychic Children...

same school of thought
www.google.com... .mozilla:en-US:unofficial

i guess im saying in spirit is that mathematically the frequency's that this tune is playing uses a cosmic instrument that holds a scale that is ancient and universal..not built within the earth fields or vibration...even though the earth is in itself is seated in the orchestra playing its instrument trying to read the sheet music..

the signals are from the conductor..but the conductor did not write the music..

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Heres another way to look at the PI crop circle withOUT hurting your head, i mean much.

The point of the crop formation was to tell us that PI is incomplete, and when complete, PI lets us do amazing things with energy.

www.pipyramid.com...

A new number, the BiTranscendendal is what I am suggesting this is ALL ABOUT.

en.wikipedia.org...:Reference_desk/Mathematics#How_to_realize.2C_prove.2C_disprove.2C_and_or_show_the_math_behind_a_new_type_of_num ber.__A_Transcendental_number.

We all might be reading too much into it.

RobertB

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The crop circle representation of [the first nine digits after the decimal in] Pi makes perfect, clear sense. The resulting responses and speculation seem like a bunch of non-nonsensical, ignorant conjecture. Atlantis? Dual base number system? A tie in to 9/11? Get real.

So it represents the first 9 digits after the decimal, by using concentric circles. How does that "solve" Pi? What is there to solve? By "solve" do you mean this crop circle is somehow providing a visual solution to finding a pattern in the sequence of numbers?

I love mathematics AND numerology, your theories are interesting to read no doubt, and the diagrams are cool, but the math and explanations just don't add up (no pun intended).

[edit on 7/5/2008 by prototism]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
it is always the last that speak whose words are not heard...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeah Pi pyramind website is ridiculous. Wow, he solved the crop circle and noticed it has Pi. Thats not hard to see. then the guy makes some odd claim about free energy and Pi going both ways forever. What a chump. Why write this garbage like you just had some huge breakthru, but dont explain what you are talkign about.

WE've come up with ten times more interesting things about this crop circle, without claiming we know for sure those things have some specail meaning.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by prototism

No we arent saying this crop circle has to do with the twin towers falling. Read up on sacred geometry and numbers. The illuminati know lots that we dont. 9, 11, and 911 are important to them. So we saw a new type of number system based on 9.9999 base math that clears out the 0's and possibly shows why the number 911 is a special number.

The cross is a cube if you fold it up. A maltese cross is a 2D view of a hypercube. And a bullseye is a 2D way to represent a torus or a hypershere.

WE arent saying this solves some secret to Pi. But Pi is a part of the sacred numbers and we are trying to see it in new ways.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
haven't had time to read all the posts but the first thing that came to mind was the planets. 10 for 10, lots of circles all at different radi.

not sure how far the relationship could go. i'm not smart enough to work it out.

note which is the No. 3 planet from the sun.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by spearhead]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by godismath
I saw the double helix when I lined up the numbers like so.

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8
9 11
12 13

Notice how the odd and even numbers switch places if we remove the 0. The pattern breaks if we use 0s.

I know this isn't how most people look at math, but I look at things differently. Maybe there is no pattern... but I'm seeing a pattern and it looks like a double helix which is one of the most fundamental shapes in our universe. I don't think it's just a coincidence. When I first noticed it I just about jumped out of my chair!

but when removing the 0 and eliminating 10, 11 takes the place as the first number in the next sequence, we cant apply our understanding of even and odd in a base 10 number system to another number system, in this number system that has been produced here, 11.11111 would in fact be even

amirite?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
1.111111 == 1 1/9
2.222222 == 2 2/9
3.333333 == 3 3/9
9.999999 == 9 9/9 == 10

if x = 0.999999999
and 10x = 9.999999999

then we minus them 10x - x = 9x and .999999 - 9.9999999
we have 9x = 9 which is equal to x = 9/9 and then we simplify to x = 1
and we now have proved that 1 == .99999999999

all .99999 are repeater

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by catinthebox

thus you have proven the world to be false....

no but really .99999 is just .33333 to the power of 3 so you've proven nothing.

we are talking about pie.
3.14 something something something.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Has anyone ever thought to count the fibonacci sequence starting with 2 instead of 1? If the universe were to duplicate itself it would probably do it symmetrically. That's where I got the idea to try it...

2 2 4 6 10 16 26 42 68 110

110 is the 10th number. A multiple of 11, which is the number I keep seeing related to the circle.

Could be nothing but I figured I'd throw that out there.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Aw, does anyone ever wake up from a dream? This thread is ridiculous, and full of conspiracy-buffers. Now, stop cheering the guy, and think about the thing a bit.

- The idea about banning 0 from the system is totally ridiculous, not to mention all the n0. Anyone cares what 0 means, it means "nothing", "invalid"... the attributes that are very important in life. Imagine when you put 0 away, what'll happen? You'll never have a 0 in your accounting sheet. You'll never have "nothing".

- The numeral system that you created, (not really you, though, many mathematicians have made from the 1 to 60-based numeral system and more), does not have any credit at all. Ever wondered why we use the decimal numeral system at all? Because it can create the decimal number, or the 3.1415.... pi you're using. Imagine you're writing pi in your system, it won't be like 3.1415 at all, in fact, it's not possible to make a decimal number by your system at all, if you can, by all means, show it to me. A new numeral system, if really needed, won't be like the 9 or 12- baseds, because those ones are already invented, and already thrown into waste basket.

- The new numeral system can make 10/3 valid? (This is for the guy who thought he invented the 12-based numeral system) Of course, you're making 10 becomes 12 now, so it'll probably be 4, won't it. Now I ask you, what's 7/3 now, any idea? Or can you make a decimal number at all? No, because 2.33333 now isn't 2.3333 any more, because 10 is now 12, and you need to fill out 12 units before going to the next digit, not 10 units. I'll leave the pain for you. It's not as easy as just substituting the number, it's far more complex to amateurs. Same as with the 9-based guy. I don't think I need to explain it to you if you're a real mathematician.

- Wonder why we're fooled easily like this. It's easy to see. First, you're shoved into your face the incredible crop circle (the crop circle is in fact incredible, but it's not him who found the meaning behind it), you're too amazed and your brain is switched on to every crazy ideas that are behind it. Then he shoved into your face the DNA thing (which you can make by 3-based, 5-based, 7-based,.... or every odd number-based numeral system, if you think about it, so, what's unique about the 9-based??) You're too amazed now, and you don't understand a thing, (because there's no valid proof or explanation at all), and you expect him o be a genius, and you're a dummy. Then you revere him like God (this is what happened in the past when people are not educated).

- The proof that this numeral system will help us to solve pi. Where? Show me where it is. It isn't solving pi. It's basing on pi to do something crazy. How shameful. And someone told him to give it to the university. I wouldn't be surprised if he's spat at. He's probably an amateur who's messing around with maths.

- No consequence, no result, no benefit at all. To create a new numeral system, one has also to give the reason why? Why do we use this numeral system, is it for a mathematical purpose? Be honest with yourself, you're only seeing what he created, (which can be created by everyone, you're only needed to be a bit of a visual guy), but he never told you what's it for, what consequence will it bring, what benefit it can give for you. Or is there benefit at all? Or just more trouble. Oh please, this is what happens when you give stuff to an amateur, esp a conspiracy-buffing amateur.

- Next, please explain to me what's pi got anything to do with the question of life? Or do you know? Be honest with yourself, buffers.

- Now if you still wanted to go on with your numeral system, then first do the real work, translating all the number, from pi to e, every decimal number. Give algorithm for the new way of division, multiplication, logarithm, indice, surds, calculus ... The more basic the thing is, the bigger the work when you change it. It's not merely a matter of substitution, far bigger.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by catinthebox

thus you have proven the world to be false....

no but really .99999 is just .33333 to the power of 3 so you've proven nothing.

we are talking about pie.
3.14 something something something.

you cant recall past the first two digits of pi and you're trying to tell me i'm mis informed? what i posted is simple mathematics you learn in school, and you're an idiot, .9 is not .3^3

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by godismath
Has anyone ever thought to count the fibonacci sequence starting with 2 instead of 1? If the universe were to duplicate itself it would probably do it symmetrically. That's where I got the idea to try it...

2 2 4 6 10 16 26 42 68 110

110 is the 10th number. A multiple of 11, which is the number I keep seeing related to the circle.

Could be nothing but I figured I'd throw that out there.

thats nothing, this is like the number 23 #, to ofar

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Great post, i am really intrigued - perhaps you could have a look at this thread too?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great work, starred an flagged

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join