It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Barbury Castle crop circle: pi solved?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The total circumference of the 3 outer circles together is 9 Pi.

The Diamater of the 3 circles which is the diameter of that 36 degree section = 9.

There are 10 sections so the circumference around the pie at the tenth layer would be 90. But would that be a 30 sided polygon approximation i believe. I'll have to go back and think more about that. Take 90 times 4 revolutions is back to 360!!

But the actual circumference of the circle at the tenth layer is 24*Pi =75.39822369
Not sure if im making an error on the radii

Also I noticed the circles lie in the 1st, 11th,21st.... quadrants. the reverse is in the 10th, 20th, 30th quadrants. those are the missing numbers in that 9.999999 base math.

If you leave out the quadrant with the circles there is 324 degrees. 324 is also considered a sacred number. numerologically 324 =7, 360 =9. Maybe represents a connection between base 8 and base 10.

We keep seeing 8,9,10,11,12s. Theres symmetry. 8/12 have a connection as well as 9/11.

If you add up the digits of Pi, at the 52nd digit the total is 260, a mayan number. the 74th digit adds to 360. Both those digits happen to be 8's.

So much stuff but no big eureka. ugh.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So add 3.14+7.97 =11.11.....

The depiction of this summation would be a bullseye. William Henry who studies mythology, religion, symbols and 2012...talks about the bullseye. Jesus is prtrayed as standing in front of a bullseye in some of the art. He believes it represents a porthole or wormhole.

Doesnt Jesus say, "For one to go to heavan he must go thru me."

Dec. 21 2012 at 11:11 pm. Kind of eerie.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well I am trying to find a Youtube clip on how the square is the foundation of EVERYTHING in existence.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by onlyhurtsu

Haha..............how about 12.21.12 at 12:21.12 AM?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I believe the circle is the foundation of everything jkrog. I could be wrong though.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Wow this is great reading although many pages deep

One thing I would like to point out that no one has mentioned...
The big outer circle of this Crop Circle seems to have 6 evenly
spaced rings. How far apart are the rings? It looks like lawn
mower tracks to me.

Why go round and round to make a big circle instead of all at once?
Are they perfect circles? It looks like 6 rows accross. The same
distance between the circles that make up the outer ring looks like
the very same distance to create the rest of the lines in the circle.
One tool thats x inches accross seems to have made all this.

Ok back to cool math stuff...

Since we're on a Gregorian Calender... Something happens in 2012.
Using the 360 Day Mayan Calender This date points to Oct 28th 2011
Well, according to Carl Johan Calleman who is highly respected and
has had contact with a Shaman that says the original way we thought
of the calendar was incorrect. Using 20 Base Math we get Oct 28 2011
and NOT the 2012 Dec 21st that everyone is talking about. Look him up!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Not sure i really believe your theory, however it is interesting reading all the same. Link it to the curious Fibonaci Sequence and you might be on a winner...

Check out this site if you want more circles to analyse: www.circlemakers.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
12:21.12 o'clock. Lol.

What i was saying is that the actual winter solstice of 12/21/12 occurs at 11:11 pm. not saying that means anything, just that 11 and 11:11 are illuminati numbers. And im quite sure the secret societies designed the gregorian calendar.

Yeah the outer circle is interesting and im working on that now. The 3 circles are Radius = 2, 12, 14. The radius of the three Donuts are 10, 12 and the outer edge one is 2.

The area of the 3 circles are 4 Pi, 144 Pi, 196 Pi.

The Area of the 3 donuts are 140 Pi, 192 Pi, 52 Pi.

The 3 circles actually are each made up of 2 circles. The inner and outer one. So the edge is actually a donut. Im thinking this is connected in ratio to the outer donut of the whole crop circle.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I can't confirm that news agencies use this site, but it would seem that way, over the past few months there have been several news reports which have mentioned the site or they have been able to debunk cases thanks to ATS (for example the appalling image of an apparent ufo that was spotted in a misty carpark in birmingham several months back).

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey i saw it too, but am not that good at mathe but the evens and odds keep switching position from left to right as you loo straight down the line as you proposed as well, i saw this the other day, just dont know how to explain it any better, but the system keeps rotating and swapping sides...evens left straight up and down, evens right straight up and down..... and oppsing, the numbers will be odd..reply to post by godismath

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Okay.........What about this;The four sides of a square represent the 4 dimensions we exist in(Length,Width,Height,Time)?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

you're thinking in two dimensions. why not think in 3 dimensions....i.e., a cube, or a sphere. 4th dimensional thinking of a square would actually result in a hypercube (a tesseract). a holgraphic cube in and of itself.

Wikipedia

Two dimensionally, you have a square with length and width
Three dimensionally, you have a cube with hieght, width and depth (length)
Fourth dimensionally, you have a hypercube with length, width, depth and time.

I would think a 4th dimensional circle would result in a Taurus of some sort? I dunno tho. I may be entirely wrong about all that.

....just my thoughts.

Edit: i looked this up and found it:

There are five regular polyhedra: the tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, dodecahedron, and icosahedron. Versions of the tetrahedron, cube, and octahedron exist in every dimension, but the dodecahedron and icosahedron exist only in dimension three.

In dimension four, there are six regular polychora: the pentachoron, tesseract, 16-cell, 24-cell, 120-cell, and 600-cell. The pentachoron is an analog of the tetrahedron, and it has five tetrahedral cells. The tesseract is an analog of the cube, and it has eight cubical cells. The 16-cell is an analog of the octahedron, and it is bounded by 16 tetrahedra. The 24-cell is bounded by 24 octahedra, the 120-cell is bounded by 120 dodecahedra, and the 600-cell is bounded by 600 icosahedra.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

[edit on 6/20/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yeah good point. 3-D, 4-D thinking could be the ultimate point.

Theres just so much to connect 2-D first. Haven't finished that yet. lol.

If u look at the outer 3 circles. They fit inside each other and also form a bullseye, like the Pi + Anti-Pi depiction. Lol. I like the sounds of that, anti-pi.

It reminds me of the symmetry that runs thru all of nature. Matter, anti-matter. So perhaps its telling us to look at the symmetry of numbers and that they relate to 11.11111111 = Pi + Anti-Pi

That hyper cube reminds me of fractals or concentric circles, like the bulseye. Scientists see the universe as ever expanding. Perhaps they are misinterpreting it and whats happening is reality is expanding fractally, thru a hypersphere or sphere within shperes within spheres. Does that end up wrapping around into a torus? The donuts of a bullseye could be like a 2-D torus.

Man i might send this one to some math profs i know.

3-D math is a pain....and then just visualizing 4-D is hard let alone the math. lol

Wow, I just realized that the 2-D cross is a symbol of a cube unfolded. And the 3-D cross or maltese cross are symbols of the hypercube.

Its not the sphere or the square that are fundamental in nature. Its both!! Just like wave-particle duality of light. But if u look into infinity all around you...you would sense a circle/sphere if anything at all. I think the circle is a bit more fundamental, but i think the connection between the two perspectives is very important.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

If you take the 3 circle bullseye and put it into 3D, it becomes a torus.

What's neat about the torus is, as it becomes 3D it also becomes a 4D object, like the hypercube. It's the simplest 4D object in existence in terms of the amount of points required to construct it.

The circle and the torus are closely related. It takes one circle rotated in the center to create a sphere. It takes one circle rotated on the line to create a torus.

What I find the most interesting at the moment is the perfect 2/3 ratio with +/- pi. I'm sure it's no coincidence. Maybe you can find some significance with this ratio.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by godismath]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Pondrthis here.

I'm a bit of a mathematician (had a math major in college), and I say BOGUS.

SO many parts of this are based upon the decimal system (base 10 numbers, for math laymen that means we have ten digits before we add a new digit to the next "place" [ones,tens,etc.].) The decimal system is not even relevant to all cultures on EARTH, let alone outer space. Humans have used base 6, 10, 12 (I think), 16, 60, and 64. Base 2 (binary), 8, 16 (hexadecimal) and 64 are still used by computer scientists. In other words, this is too specific to humanity to be important. First, it splits the circle into a nice even (to us) 10 arcs, then it relays the digits of pi in, hmmm... nice clean decimal.

Furthermore, if there's any math that isn't poppycock in the whole helix thing (I admit I haven't read whole thread, so I'm probably trouting it up) it is probably based on the fact that traveling around a circle creates a sinusoid when looking from rectangular coordinates.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to godismath, your brillant.This is the most lodgical answer to this phenomenon. Now, what do we do with this information. Is this a way of benevolent forces telling us of the future? Allso does this have any corelation to musical notes?post by godismath

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hmm

Well to turn the bullseye into a torus you have to go from the center circle to the outer circle and back in. You have 11 lines and 10 sections for the one half of the donut. For both halves, there are 20 lines and 20 sections. So each section is 18 degrees.

Ive seen explanations for a torus being 4 dimensional but i cant visualize it at the moment. I will look back on that.

You can think of a 2-D circle spinning around an axis to form the torus or a 3-D sphere spinning around to make the same torus. hmm.

Theres a whistleblower physicist who talks of space/time and time/space. I believe it was the torus they used to explain it. But i didnt really get what they were saying, ill try to figure that out. They said something about having a plane and the top side being space/time while the bottom side is time/space. time/space allows time travel.

So Jesus was standing in front of the bullseye or torus. Theres also that Christian Fish symbol. That could be thought of as the representation of two circles intersecting. The fish being the union. If you spin those intersecting circles you get whats called a Spindal Torus. Keplar called the outer region the Apple, cuz it obviously looks like and apple.
Makes me think of Eve eating the apple from the tree of knowledge which would make you apart of that apple or trapped inside it, not being able to see the big picture. Knowledge and knowing are opposites. Now we have knowledge, which means we dont know.

So perhaps you could think of the top half of the torus as space/time with Pi on our side and Anti-Pi being the reverse side in time/space.

One time i was sort of gazing into the mirror. All of the sudden my consciousness jumped into the mirror and looked back. then my image and its mirror expanded out in both directions on to infinity. The weird thing was that it was curved. Was thinking of a huge slide projector. I might have stopped time from one perspective, not sure. But made me think of the possibility of being able to step thru these slides to change time frames or something.

I only saw this infinity for a moment as it caused a knee jerk reaction of fear to look away. IM not sure if it was my own fear and shock that caused me to break the sight or a built in safety to avoid damage of the finite brain peering into infinity. Im guessing the former.
Also, right after the event the first thing i thought of was memories of childrens stories with kids jumping into the mirror and other wierd mirror tricks. Somehow i feel this experiencce gave me a glance into space/times construction. So my 3-D vision curved in a circle would be a torus.

Back to the crop circle. Looking more into those outer three circles, i now am quite sure the distance between their lines of the bullseye is 1/3. Perhaps thats connected to your 2/3. I cant figure our how 2/3 is important, especailly since it is arrived at because of rounding.

the small torus has 6 lines and 6 sections, each being 60 degrees. I'll have to calculate the areas of the tori and the circles that are revolved to make the tori.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Check this out. Look at the representations of Pi in various base forms.

www.spiritart.org...

Of course these are all the same value but in different representations. But befor i was saying i feel theres something immportant to learn between the connection of value and symbols.

So look at base 3 to base 4. The symbolism jumps from 10 to 3. If you write out Pi in base 10 it equals 10. So it converges on the symobl 10 at Base Pi. And converging on base Pi from the top side you get the symbol 3. So we have a jump from 10 to 3.

I dont know, sometimes i think some of my thoughts are looney toon but just want to put out what i see. lol

So if you look at the expression of Pi in base 2 its symbol is 11. So the symbol jumps from 11 to 10 to 3. I find that strange. It jumps from 11 to 10 at base 2.1415926535. So the two symbol switches are at base 2.1415 and 3.1415. I found you a 2 and a 3....lol. I wonder what happens if i go down to base 0.9,0.8,0.7 etc. Im trying to find a Mod Math calculator online to make it easier but i havent found one yet.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i'm no mathematical genius but usually the most simple answer is the correct one.

looks like a sort of calendar or clock to me.

maybe a countdown????

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Interesting ... kinda like a big singer sewing machine doing an emblem except using a laser on a field instead of a needle on fabric ... same programming?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join