It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese invent car that runs on water

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Many, many, many people have invented cars that run on water. Typically, the name given to process is called the "Joe Cell".

There was a guy who showed it on 20/20 or 60 minutes. In a totally unrelated coincidence, he was murdered just weeks after that show aired. (and yes, that last sentence was sarcasm)

I think there is a something here that needs correction.

The guy who died was Stan Meyers and his process was not called the "Joe Cell", however they do seem to use similiar components in a process called "Electrolysis" but each inventor had his own methods, voltages, frequencies etc, for producing the gas that this process creates.

Meyers components were, producing useful yields at .5 amps and was the rig he used for his patent applications, it was said that yields were much better on latter versions.

Murdered, perhaps the official story was an aneurism.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Damn! Now we are gonna have to declare war on all the countries that have water! Let's see....where do we start? I know lets go alphabetical. Watch out Republic of Abkhazia.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here is a little more information and a couple of pictures of the little darling.

Genepax unveiled a fuel cell stack with a rated output of 120W and a fuel cell system with a rated output of 300W. The 300W system is an active system, which supplies water and air with a pump. In the demonstration, the company powered the TV and the lighting equipment with a lead-acid battery charged by using the system. In addition, the 300W system was mounted in the luggage room of a compact electric vehicle "Reva" manufactured by Takeoka Mini Car Products Co Ltd, and the vehicle was actually driven by the system.

In future Genepax intends to provide 1kw-class generation systems for use in electric vehicles and for residential applications. The production cost is presently about ?2,000,000 (US$18,522), it can be reduced to ?500,000 ($5000) or lower if the company succeeds in mass production. Genepax believes that its fuel cell system can compete with residential solar cell systems if the cost is reduced to this level.

Source

edit to add
$5000 for a 1kw production version and all you would have to do is build a car around it, I am decidedly worried about industrial espionage at that price, damn I would buy one tommorow just to make sure it does not dissapear.
I know 1kw thats only 1.34 horsepower so we are not talking sports model here but it makes a good town car.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
After watching this video from you tube....... www.youtube.com...

I became angered. Why are many people so greedy, and why will soo many do nothing?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
pretty cool stuff i myself have done eletrolysis to produce hydrogen and oxygen. its pretty simple. im not surprised at all by this. i used regular tap water and it worked. it didnt even need a filter
also there is only like 2% availably fresh water. if it also takes salt water, then that is amazing. i dont think that we have to worry about the exaust because of the conservation of mass. matter can not be created or destroyed, only altered. since we are working with 2 simple elements, there is not much risk of chemical compounds hazardous to our environment, like carbon monoxide for example.
this is a great innovation as i dont consider it an invention.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rumrunner
[The article clearly states it can run on seawater, which would negate the negative consequences of using fresh water.]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If either the car or power cell come up for sale, I'll be in line to get TWO!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would love to have a 1Kw version, that could power a house! On water! That beats out solar cells in almost all environments. Build a rain water collector, and feed it right to the power plant. Presto, "free" rain power. As far as cars go, i'll stick with a diesel engine that runs on SVO/WVO or any other cheap oils that I produce.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
www.genepax.co.jp...

klick on hte three tabs above. It somehow 'explains' how this should work.

Crazzy. Do I see this right ..equal water in equal water out... there is no water lost!?

How shall this work? Where does the energie then come from?
I mean when the same amount of water goes out ..what keeps one from feed this in again and create an endless loop, a perepetum mobile..which we know doesn't exist!?
Is the out water colder or what? Dont get that. But I can also not read that language. Anyone?

Also confuesing is this mask the one wear.
www.engadget.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
YEAH!!!

I knew the Japanese would be the ones to get it done!!

sty

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i hope it does not work like this:

1) you recharge a battery pack
2) the batteries are used in the electrolysis process, to produce H2 and O2
3) the H2 and O2 as used in a combustion pile or directly for an explosion engine

The large power-pack displayed, actually replaces the back seats ..i hope it is a real water car and not just a 1)2)3) one..
also another thing - one liter of water per hour.. can anyone calculate the energy required to split that amount of water into Hydrogen and Oxygen , and if the volume of gas produced would be sufficient for a very light car? I can try to investigate this myself, on a very good yahoo group called "watercar"

all the best ,
STY

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Perhaps something is happening up above and the japanese was given a green light to spear up the hydrogen age. We'll just have to wait and see, this is definitely gonna be interesting if it works.

You all know water car is not new, but it's not here because water is some form of free energy (economically), and they don't want common people to have that, since it will be much harder to control the mass if they have free energy.

If this works you can expect a big change, and some big backlash.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
anyone out there with spare time and is mechanically inclined can make internal combustion motors run on hydrogen gas..the net is littered with methods for extracting the gas..it is so simple a kid can do it..take a 9 volt battery, 2 paper clips, glass of water..(some salt..),..you will see small bubbles form at the wires ends...one clips bubble is hydrogen, the others is oxygen..once you get the bubbles going..put a small film of soap on the water to trap the gas..light a match..poof..seriously, when you see it yourself..see the hydro burn...lights will go off in your head............

sty

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmajestyk6309

Yes, it is called electrolysis .However, the energy you put in that water is greater than the energy you would get out of the H2 and O2.The only possible way to obtain more "out" than "in" is to find a "magical" frequency that would create resonance at molecular level. I am not sure that the Japanese car is based on molecular resonance or simply what you described and known as electrolysis . In this case you are better off connecting the battery pack with the electrical engine and forget about the water-hydrogen conversion.
I guess we will need more time to really see what the Japaneses made..

on the political stage- Japan does not have the military power to secure petrol reserves across the globe, so I guess they will work hard in finding alternatives..

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
it could not be a better timming as petrol strikes are just taking place across Europe

what about the water crisis in NC?

for a while some weren't allowed to water their plants, waiters were not allowed to serve water unless specifically asked and had to use plastic utensils because metal would use water when cleaning dishes.

people drive alot, so it could like doubling the earth's population as far as water consumption is concerned

sty

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

wow, that sounds bad indeed. Fortunately the sea water would be fit for the process as the salt can act as an electrolyte .

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Great post I've seen this before

thanks for the follow up from 06/01/06

EXAMPLE

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Finally! I knew water had to be the key. I believe water is more powerful than we know.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
oh GREAT now water is gonna cost $6 a gallon.

let's just hope these cars don't cost a million dollars if they ever make it here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join