It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese invent car that runs on water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
sty

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Japanese invent car that runs on water

www.financialexpress.com

Tired of petrol prices rising daily at the pump? A Japanese company has invented an electric-powered, and environmentally friendly, car that it says runs solely on water.

Genepax unveiled the car in the western city of Osaka on Thursday, saying that a litre of any kind of water -- rain, river or sea -- was all you needed to get the engine going for about an hour at a speed of 80 km.

(visit the link for the full news article)

sty

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Friday the 13th not necessary bad! The financial news are reporint the the japanesse achievement : the watercar! I hope this time it is not just claim, and we will see the ideea into the economical cycle. Sure, Japan does not have petrol resources, nor military power to secure it.. so I expect they will try everything possible to run their economy without petrol

The VIDEO on Reuters, here - it looks serious to me

www.reuters.com...

www.financialexpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

sty

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
it could not be a better timming as petrol strikes are just taking place across Europe

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is one of the stupidest/scariest idea's I have ever heard of!

The world can do without oil but it CANNOT do without water!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rumrunner

good one.
you were being sarcastic weren't you?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danger Girl

Originally posted by Rumrunner

good one.
you were being sarcastic weren't you?

One can only hope - first that this is real - and then that some enviro-nazis don't try to stupidly kill the idea to "save water". I wonder how many millions (or billions?) of years it would take for humans to "burn" through all the oceans and ice at the poles?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It would be interesting if this was Japans economic response to oil wars. Although it seems unlikely it will fly with corporations controlling the markets against such a technology. This would probably be like shooting yourself in the foot for the japanese auto market that's also apparently part of the global energy conspiracy. They still didn't explain how it works. You would think there has to be enough energy to start the process, probably a battery.

Which controlled bank is going to finance this new car in manufacturing? Maybe it won't even leave Japan due to other BS like safety for a long period of time. Just like the air car. These will probably be used in third world countries, probably for delivery fleets etc.

Even if it did become reality, how many years before we would even see these as street legal in the US? Most likely in Europe first with their fuel costs crisis.

I would be more interested in any of these technologies used as conversion powerplants and slaves instead. Those big SUVs and trucks could be upgraded. Imagine after so many are traded in and bought up for a 4th their value, they are upgraded with a huge upgraded price tag.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rumrunner

It can run on any water... sea, river, whatever. You're not trying to say there's a shortage of water in the oceans are you?

In fact, in a strange kind of way, water-powered vehicles might be a key answer to addressing fuel supply shortages AND tackling the potential problem of rising sea levels.

What the world needs to do is get every country to contribute money and scientists and - gasp! - work together to make cars that run on alternative fuels (e.g. water, hydrogen) be effective and cheap alternatives to fossil fuel driven vehicles. Not to mention better for the environment (whether you agree with global warming or not, you can't deny that traffic fumes are bad for people to breathe).

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Many, many, many people have invented cars that run on water. Typically, the name given to process is called the "Joe Cell".

There was a guy who showed it on 20/20 or 60 minutes. In a totally unrelated coincidence, he was murdered just weeks after that show aired. (and yes, that last sentence was sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
lol Yes,we are not going to run out of water anytime soon...considering most of the water still around was created from meteor bombardment when the planet was being created.So good idea...but we have all seen it before,i dont see it going very far..

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I smell fake. It runs on ANY sort of water? Even seawater. Right. So... What does the car do with that huge bucket of minerals and biological side-product you just poured into the tank with your seawater?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
WOW! I cannot believe what I am hearing! People talking about using up the worlds Water supply... That in itself is funny. However you should all keep in mind a theory... An important one I might add. Mass is never lost! Merely Displaced. When you lose something in a chemical formula its not really lost just displaced. Water people (the hydrogen part) ... when burned... creates... crap. MORE WATER. (Vapor) Which then goes to Rain... So the problem would more then likely be A lot of RAINY Weather. Not sure. Its a fascinating Idea tho. Lets get a scientist in here Please.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652

In fact, in a strange kind of way, water-powered vehicles might be a key answer to addressing fuel supply shortages AND tackling the potential problem of rising sea levels.

What the world needs to do is get every country to contribute money and scientists and - gasp! - work together to make cars that run on alternative fuels (e.g. water, hydrogen) be effective and cheap alternatives to fossil fuel driven vehicles. Not to mention better for the environment (whether you agree with global warming or not, you can't deny that traffic fumes are bad for people to breathe).

I completely concur. I hope I will live to see this technology not only take hold but completely replace petrol-based engines for land based vehicles.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I smell fake. It runs on ANY sort of water? Even seawater. Right. So... What does the car do with that huge bucket of minerals and biological side-product you just poured into the tank with your seawater?

I've been researching this most of the morning so far and as incredible as it sounds, it looks like it's true. I've seen a picture of the car itself. Small, blue, heavily decalled....looks kind of like a Yaris.

From what I've found so far, it's said to take any water and seperate the Hydrogen which it then uses as fuel. So it stands to reason that there must be some sort of filter built into it to collect any undesirable biproducts. Maybe emptying such a filter will become common automobile maintenance in the near future.

There's already a video on youtube that looks like it might explain it better but I can't run youtube videos from my work computer. Anyone else know anything about it?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Unless this is some really new breakthrough technology, which is not known at this point, high school level chemistry shows how to breakdown water into hydrogen and oxygen atoms. It just takes electricity and 2 electodes in the water. So, it looks like they could be using electricity to create electricity
Starts to sound a little like one of those perpetual motion schemes on that note, since how does one create more electricity than you used in the first place?

Another poster was also correct when they wondered about using anything other than pure (as in distilled) water. Any other salts, minerals, or other impurities in the water would be left over and collect in the source tank forcing you to either clean it out or replace it.

So, until we get more details on how this actually works, I'm starting to lean in the too good to be true direction.

[edit on 6/13/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well how long till they make water companies and start chraging us 5 bucks a gallon for water?

I wonder if the oil cronies are going to kill these Japanese guys like they did that guy here in the US.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
OK. Here's the science involved. Just found this article and it says the car is fuel cell based.

article

It is claimed the Water Energy System (WES) developed by Genepax can generate power by supplying water and air to the fuel and air electrodes. The basic power generation mechanism of the system is similar to that of a standard fuel cell. The main feature of the new system is that it uses a membrane electrode assembly (MEA), which contains a material that breaks down the water to hydrogen and oxygen.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Many, many, many people have invented cars that run on water. Typically, the name given to process is called the "Joe Cell".

There was a guy who showed it on 20/20 or 60 minutes. In a totally unrelated coincidence, he was murdered just weeks after that show aired. (and yes, that last sentence was sarcasm)

People just dont read do they. Here is this the video of the water buggy? shows us himself how it works.

www.youtube.com...

[EDIT to remove personal comment]

[edit on 13-6-2008 by True-Light]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wow I guess they were planning for this all along. They probably knew that people would start to make alternative fuel sources and water being one of them.

"Well their sick of gas prices now huh? Well now we are going to make them sick of water prices muahahahahaha".

Thanx for bringing that to my attention.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join