It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese invent car that runs on water

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
One more little bit of news...

Honda Home Energy Station

Seem Honda has had an experimental house... here in the USA... since 2003!!!

Honda has operated an experimental Home Energy Station in Torrance, California, since 2003. The Home Energy Station, which generates hydrogen from natural gas, is designed to provide heat and electricity for the home through fuel cell cogeneration and to supply fuel for a hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicle.

automobiles.honda.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Why would you dump the water on the road when you can collect it and put it back in the fuel tank?

Because this solution is to simple for the masses to comprehend

We have catalytic converters and mufflers on our exhaust now... just how hard would it be to collect the condensed water from the tail pipe in a tank? If you need extra cooling you can add a still like copper coil..

And that only goes for cars actually BURNING the hydrogen in the engine to drive the pistons... if you use a fuel cell you are SEPARATING the H and O and creating ELECTRICITY which runs the ELECTRIC MOTOR that moves the car so you would not be concerned with normal engine exhaust and you would have no need of dumping any water anywhere...

You might release extra oxygen into the air though.. now that would be a really BAD thing right?

To be honest the amount of critical thinking here by the skeptics is worrisome for our future
:shk:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I can prove water has more power.

Let me give you a helping hand here with a little demo...

Take ordinary water and let gravity pour the water over vanes on a rotating device...

This rotating device produces electricity...

Use this electricity to split the water that has already passed over your turbine
into hydrogen and oxygen...

Now take these two elements and compress them and cool them until they become liquid...

Go fetch a tank... and put these two liquids into the tank (keep them separated naturally)

Lets say the tank looks like THIS...

Now then for the demo... we will need a little spark... and a bit of drama so lets have a count down....

5... 4.... 3.... 2... 1....

Most of that "SMOKE" you see is WATER VAPOUR (except for the solid fuel boosters)

The main engines on the Shuttle use Liquid H and O to launch into orbit...

Now can you take the same energy output in electricity to accomplish that?

***Disclaimer*** If you have a Tesla Drive Saucer I will accept that as a yes... otherwise...

Now tell me again that Water as Fuel is Ridiculous...
I would have to wonder at the motives of those who try to say otherwise

Silly Lemmings

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Because this solution is to simple for the masses to comprehend

Zorgon, excellent work, your sword is very sharp.

We have catalytic converters and mufflers on our exhaust now... just how hard would it be to collect the condensed water from the tail pipe in a tank? If you need extra cooling you can add a still like copper coil..

Yes air cooled water.

I hate to get off subject, but I felt the need to create a few thousand jobs, and a cleaner sky....

.... How hard do you think it is to centrifugally guide toxic gases, from today's oil dripping cars? Straight from the exhaust pipe into an easily cleanable replaceable filter keeping the sky's clear? Not hard at all. This would reduce pollution by, 100% if you know how to do it right.

This means, instead of dumping all toxic waste from the engine into the sky, you can actually collect that toxic waste, and collect it into blocks and figure what to do with it next....

I must ask, why hasn't anyone yet invented such devices that collect the carbon monoxide? It has mass, and is subject to physics, don't you think we can use weight and or mass to separate thin air from thick toxins?

[edit on 20-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If you Ionize the Oxygen by infusing electrons with an electrostatic device, before you mix it back with the hydrogen which it was seperated from, you do not need to seperate the Oxygen and Hydrogen. They are not inclined to bond since the oxygen is no longer short of electrons.
You just don't want to spark while you do this. The neighbors will complain about the noise and the hole.

You then have a single stable flammable gas. There are also different ways of performing the division of he water into hydrogen and oxygen some of which result in stable gases, with various unique properties.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
presumably any car that runs on water will produce water vapor, right? So what would be the impact of vast amounts of water vapor in urban city areas? Thats right precipitation. Would/could too much traffic cause severe rain and snow storms? I think that a car that emits water vapor is much more eco friendly there will still be some sort of impact. With water vapor perhaps more noticably than our current climactic problems.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

AllIsOne, The problem with your suggestion as I see it is the scale you are working on. It is tiny!

In fact it is nano, Oh wait a minute, we are in the midst of a nano revolution!

I don't know about the size and shape of the molecules, but a nano scale engineered filter might accomplish what you are talking about.

If not then your idea is all the more appealing, if you could nano impell more of the ugly to one side of a chamber, you could eventually refine and sort the ugly. Billions of nano impellers nice in this direction, ugly in that direction. Think of it as a nano cheat for maxwells demon.

The physicist Maxwell said once in a lecture, if you could put a tiny demon in the wall of a box and have him open a tiny door to let out warmer molecules, and shut the door when cold ones are headed for it. You could seperate the statistical variations of the heat in a room and get free heat and cold.

Well your idea is not free. But the deamon is definately in the box, Billions of them. You just need a way for the impellers to distinguish. Perhaps some are designed to weakly favor bonding to one molecule and others to a different molecule. You just have them spin in opposite directions, all lined up in rows. You might even be able to power them from the heat or enerby derived from the general air flow. There would be a lot of banging the impeller before a molecule hit just right.

You had a brilliant idea! You need to persue your dream!

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
You had a brilliant idea! You need to persue your dream!

In this world, at this time, money is controlling the dreams.

Originally posted by Cyberbian
AllIsOne, The problem with your suggestion as I see it is the scale you are working on. It is tiny!

As above, so below.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I must ask, why hasn't anyone yet invented such devices that collect the carbon monoxide? It has mass, and is subject to physics, don't you think we can use weight and or mass to separate thin air from thick toxins?

Well I do not know about this for cars... but Sudbury Ontario mining area... back in the 50's and 60's the Sulfur Dioxide emissions were so high they killed all vegitation within a forty mile radius.

Then they put scrubbers on the smelters and recovered the sulfur and today Sudbury is green again... Though the mines fought it. it turns out the scrubbers produced pure sulfur.. which they collected and sold...

Pittsburgh steel mills same story... point is we can do it if we want to... but we usually wait until its to late

Back on topic... this just in provided by Evil Genius

Here comes hydrogen to Torrance
By Muhammed El-Hasan, Staff Writer
Article Launched: 06/16/2008

The first commercial production model of the car, the FCX Clarity, rolled off a Honda assembly line in Japan on Monday. About 200 of the vehicles will be part of the milestone leasing program over the next three years in the United States and Japan.

As to cost and performance?

The FCX Clarity sedan is sleeker, more powerful and more efficient that the earlier Honda model. It can travel 270 miles on a single tank of hydrogen, at a maximum speed of 100 mph. The car can travel at 72 miles per kilogram of hydrogen, which is equivalent to 74 mpg for a conventional internal-combustion vehicle.

The FCX Clarity's tank has a capacity for 4 kilograms of hydrogen. Retail hydrogen costs about $5 per kilogram.

"You're paying five bucks for hydrogen, but you're getting three times the regular mileage of a car," Honda spokesman Todd Mittleman said.

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Expect you can't can you? Which is why you aren't driving around in a water powered car, and neither is anyone else.

I'm not because I can't afford one yet... but Jay Leno has the BMW prototype to test drive... and the earlier Honda was on the road in 2005...

So stick THIS in yer pipe and smoke it

Honda chose Scott Robinson and the other two dealerships to participate in the lease program because they are near hydrogen fueling stations.

About 50,000 people have registered at Honda's Web site to qualify to lease the FCX Clarity. Honda has narrowed that list to about 500 people.

Last year, General Motors rolled out a fuel cell vehicle loan program that allowed motorists in Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., to try one of 100 Chevrolet Equinox fuel cell cars for three months.

www.dailybreeze.com...

Sounds like a lot of drivers to me

[edit on 20-6-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I made this illustration to help you out:

Now, I'm no mathematical genius... or maybe I am... but, let me ask you.

Which do you think is a better solution. A, or B? Do you think there would be a major percentage difference between A and B?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rumrunner

LOL...with the rate they say the ice caps are melting, we will need to get rid of the rising sea levels.

sty

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

i guess the solar panels are still too expensive . I wonder if you know what would be the energy needed in order to create a solar panel - and how many sunny years would take to recover that amount of energy?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

it turns out the scrubbers produced pure sulfur.. which they collected and sold...

So you are saying that, "what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger(richer)?"

WASTE? No... 0ne man's trash is another mans treasure.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
i guess the solar panels are still too expensive . I wonder if you know what would be the energy needed in order to create a solar panel - and how many sunny years would take to recover that amount of energy?

What about solar panels as satellites? You know its possible to set up a network of satellites that will always be in the Sun light 24/7. Now you just need to electrically control servos that control mirrors to point this Sun light to places on Earth. You can use several mirrors from 0ne satellite to the next, all the way to the dark side of the Earth.

sty

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

there would be only 2 ways to send the electricity down to earth - using Microwaves or using the "space-elevator" like cable.
But in a way , we already have the solar panels
- the upper atmosphere that is getting permanently charged due the solar activity . That electricity is wasted as thunderstorms , some 3000 of them each second .
Now more of a down - to -earth solution : wind power . a 500 W generator is getting cheaper than 800 $ ! sure, you still need converters / rechargers and battery bank. My home-town would provide 5000 hours of useful wind every year , so that would be 2500 KW a year , using one turbine alone! this would be enough to travel at least 5000 miles a year using a 10KW car ! I plan to have an array of 6x1KW turbines , but it will not happen in the next 10 years (no money ..)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
there would be only 2 ways to send the electricity down to earth - using Microwaves or using the "space-elevator" like cable.

How many ways can you send Sun light down to Earth? 0ne

You want free energy? Heck, we pump energy right into the ground right now! Yes, we actually pump electricity into the ground, and I am pretty sure almost every house has a metal "ground" post in the Earth. Yes, the Earth is already part of the circuit!

Freeeeeeeeeeee

sty

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Actually I remember a Russian experiment back in the 70s - they launched a mirror into space, and that mirror was used to replace the night-light of an entire city up in the north of Russia . The right position and you can do it! Also , it can be used as a weapon in order to roast an entire city if you focus more that one mirror in the same place.. hm.. i better shut up

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't want to sound pompus but I'm going to because I just read 11 pages or so of illogical thinking from everyone here.

First of all you are wrong.(sorry) But you are all geniuses in reasearch. I think even the news article is flawed.

There is technology that exists for a car which runs off hydrogen combines that with oxygen to produce electricity. The Hydrogen and oxygen are seperate,they pass simutaneously through a catalyst rich filter of sorts which provides the conditions to combine the two together and causes electricity exhaust is completely pure water. Problem is the most efficient way to extract hydrogen is through the petroleum distallation process. Still attached to Oil. But it's not the only way to produce hydrogen.

The second Technology in the works is the water powered car. It's my favorite, but surprisingly enough it's more dangerous than filling your car with Hydrogen. This method Uses electricity to seperate the H2o molecule The anode attaches to one side of a stack of metal plates the anode attached to the other, and it is subersed in water. Very simple inexpensive extraction process but also very dangerous. It's very simple I made mine from stainless steel wall switch plates and a plastic jug. It attaches to the battery on my lawn mower and I installed a small valve for fine adjustment. It takes a 20 ounce bottle vs 1.5 gals of gas.

search in you tube "water powered lawnmower"

These blow up but it's really about how well you make them. It doesn't blow like the hindenburg or nothing. Try it you'll be glad you did

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
Also , it can be used as a weapon in order to roast an entire city if you focus more that one mirror in the same place.. hm.. i better shut up

It's ok, just take shelter under/behind a mirror.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That house is the very reason hydrogen is being sandbagged. Nothing would hurt the elite parasites that think themselves rulers of the world than energy independance at the local level.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join