It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese invent car that runs on water

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalsurfer they capture the oxygen using zinc which turns into zinc oxide, the main problem is providing a continues supply of zinc and transporting the zinc oxide out of the reactor.

Interesting... I will have to follow up on this

There is a problem though... getting Zinc...

In certain states it is illegal to even possess common chemicals like sulfur or zinc because the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission rule that prohibits selling items to make fireworks along with information on how to make them.

Funny thing I just made a post two times and it did not go through... I am assuming it was the info in the post that got 'flagged' (or just a glitch
) So I will try to reword it... just in case

Bob Lazar from United Nuclear had this issue... you can read about it here..
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Sulfur and Zinc are items that used to be found in most home chemistry sets but because they can be used to make illegal fireworks they are now banned...

Chemistry equipment now requires a license in many states to even possess it.... Even here in Nevada I had a recent incidence when the cops were searching for a guy with a gun on my property and one peeked into my garage because the side door was ajar...

He spotted my mineral assay equipment and naturally assumed I was up to something else... I got an apology the next day from his superior and did not push it because they actually did find the guy hiding in the bushes out back and we found the Beretta under a tree the next day...

Point is the climate has changed... and it will effect back yard scientists trying to create new technology. I think they forget that most of the major scientists back in the day worked in garage labs until they were known...

Bob Lazar has a Hydrogen conversion unit at United Nuclear... the original process used chemicals that were readily available but now are NOT and it wasn't the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the FBI, the fire department or building and zoning that stopped him... but the guys who check if your toasters are safe... the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission

Switch To Hydrogen!

BOB LAZAR UNITED NUCLEAR HYDROGEN CONVERSION KIT

The United Nuclear Hydrogen Fuel System Kit converts your existing vehicle to run on Hydrogen.

Complete kits will be available for various late-model cars & trucks as well as individual system components for those who choose to assemble their own kits. Simply put, you never have to buy Gasoline again. Since there are no major changes made to your engine, you can still run your vehicle on Gasoline at any time. We now have over 50,000 trouble-free miles on our prototype vehicles. We are currently fleet-testing our systems and are in final preparation for sales to the general public.

United Nuclear - Hydrogen Fuel Systems
www.switch2hydrogen.com...

For the Youtube crowd...
Zinc and Sulfur Rocket Fuel

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalsurfer

Unfortunately to my, dismay I have encountered alot of this misinformation on these topics recently.

You are right when the oxygen and Hydrogen combust, they do condense the left over elements back into water. But this is only what is left over, this condensates and is recycled into the system, this is why they are so efficient, using 20 ounces compared to 5 or so gallons. They don't pour water out of the exhaust which was my main arguement. Why would you let the fuel of a water car pour all over the ground, and then what, fill it back up with water? The nerve of some people to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, then argue for 4 or 5 pages about dumping fuel water. This water is most definately used up completly where there is almost no exhaust. I said earlier these motors drip a very slight amount of condensation, but most of it is recycled!!

Let me say it again, I have operated one of these hydrogen motors! The changes you have to make are in the exhaust and valve system of a regular car, make a Hydrogen generator, and put a simple steam trap on the exhaust for recirculation and that's it, no Japanese car maker can offer a cheaper solution than that !

I wish people would be sure they know the facts before they call me an idiot, it really makes me think no one has an open mind!! I burn hydrogen and oxygen through my cutting torches and they don't spew water out, it's almost a pure burn, you are burning elements not hydrocarbon compounds, there's a big difference when it comes to emissions and exhaust! Look up HHO, that's what water cars burn!

The arguement I got involved in was whether a hydrogen fuel cell car was more dangerous than a water car! Obviously, it shocked someone when I said it's more dangerous to fill your car with water than hydrogen.

The reason for this is because in a water car the hydrogen is produced onboard the vehicle.. Are we passed that arguement or what? Do we have the concept of how this works?

[edit on 28-6-2008 by azblack]

[edit on 28-6-2008 by azblack]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rumrunner

This technology does not consume water, it just changes it from one form to another, then back again. It's using a form of electrochemical process, where a material of some kind breaks up water into its two key components, hydrogen and oxygen, then sends those components into a fuel-cell, which Honda is using in its FCX car. If you feel the technology is a hoax, provide your own results using their claimed method.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Dam after reading all this about it being fake or whatever,Im watching a commerical for it on TV RIGHT NOW.It uses water, and the tail pipe emits water back into the air.Iit a regular car commerical not some quack website,it on regular tv often i have personaly seen the commercial 6 times lol.
And for everyone that always likes to explain how this cant be becuse of some "rules" scientist made,thats the biggest BS ever.thermodynamics u say?How in gods green earth can u believ u know everything there is to know,with small frame of rules that apply sometimes,and dont apply others.Why do u think the continualy rectifi theorys or make addendims to them.ITs becuse they are only outlines of what is KNOW CURRENTLY.It like 13th centery man talking about flying,and everyone saying that is impossable becuse the science of the time says so.
To be a true explorer u must first explore what cage u have built for yourself.Then u can open the door and truly explore the unknown.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by devareous
Dam after reading all this about it being fake or whatever,Im watching a commerical for it on TV RIGHT NOW.It uses water, and the tail pipe emits water back into the air.Iit a regular car commerical not some quack website,it on regular tv often i have personaly seen the commercial 6 times lol.

Presumably you've bought one of these water powered cars then?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Surely you all have heard that this reported car was a hoax? It was on Slashdot a few weeks back....Anyhow, you can get hydrogen out of water through electrolysis

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
Anyhow, you can get hydrogen out of water through electrolysis

THANKS
Learned something new today....

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rumrunner

Luckily for us, water molecules cannot be destroyed (At least i hope not) Anything used by the car will just evaporate like normal and form clouds.

But that's an interesting point! imagine if all the cars in the world used these engines. I wonder, would we see skies filled with clouds all the time? would cities become damp instead of smoggy?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Can we run our car with water and gas?
Can anybody tell me is the HHO Gas is real working or is another scam?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The japanese fuel cell is continuesly producing 1kw per hour from what I can gather. I do not know how they manage to get a car going
for 80km at the same velocity on that output...? Apart from a diagram
that they have published they are not very explicit on how they are doing it ??

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by azblack

Their system seems to be the reverse of what you described. They seem to generate electricity during the separation of hydrogen & oxygen. But from what I understand here, the company didn't mention electrolysis at all but mentioned something about a membrane. Water in water out. Electricity is generated in between.

There is no burning at all so we won't run out of water.

I'm betting its nanotubes.

interesting press release by the company

June 30, 2008

www.genepax.co.jp is our one and only website. We have no association whatsoever with any other company or entity who has a website with a url that includes the word "genepax", including www.genepax.com. We have no responsibility as to what is represented on any such website, and we make it expressly clear that solicitation of any business or investment by or through any such website is totally unrelated to us, and should not be construed to be related to us in any way whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

As to water vapor... a simple collector and problem solved... a small pump from the collector back to the fuel tank

ROFLMAO

that was so funny - grossly ignorant , but funny

what you are talking about is a condenser

and while you may think they are simple – they simply do not work at a small scale

the most graphic illustration of this is the steam locomotive , ever seen one with a condenser to recycle its water ?

no ????

well there is your answer if they were so simple to implement then why didn’t locomotives employ them ?

marine powerplants employ them because its impractical to carry enough fresh water for a ocean crossing and its impractical to replenish them

but ships can put massive condesers in sea chests

and electrical generation powerplants use cooling towers or ponds

the reason that a condenser cannot be scaled to fit a car sized poweplant are simple

exhaust temp , flow rate and most crucially the specific heat capacity of your condenser and its cooling medium .

the most graphic illustration is to look at your exhaust tail pipe when you start the engine

note the liquid water dribbling ?

also not how cool your tail pipe is – despite the fact that the exhaust manifold would burn you

now check again after a 1 hour run – there is no liquid water @ the tail pipe – also the tailpipe will burn you too

now for your condernser to work – it needs a large quantity of coolant medium with a hi specific heat capacity

this makes it either heavy [ water or metal heatsinks ] or huge [ gas to air exchangers and fans ] – neither being desirable

lastly – and on a related topic – recycling your exhaust introduces contaminants from an I.C.E. power plant – petrol engines ` converted ` to hydrogen are not 100% clean – they still have contaminats from the engine lubricant – which will taint any ` recycled water `

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just when i thought ww3 apacolypse and the end was going to un-fold and i would have a front row seat to watch it all go down from my living room couch and tv and finally see the battle of armaggedon and the second comming of christ the the japs had to ruin it!: up:

oh and like the last thing we really needed was to be paying over hundred of dollars a barral for water! this stuff is suppose to be free Remember this post when you have to pay $100 for water. and if you are ever caught trying to fill your car up with spring water or from the ocean you will be shot dead on site or jailed for life.charged with theft or some crazy Sh*t like crimes against humanity

[edit on 19-7-2008 by truthseekerpeacemaker]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

peswiki.com...:Water_Fuel_Cell

Public Domain Waterfuel Technology
www.h2earth.org...
www.h2earth.org...

On June 27th, 2007, U.S. Patents 4,936,961 and 5,149,407 by the late Ohio inventor Stanley A. Meyer expired, and his technology for the Water Fuel Cell fell permanently into the public domain in the United States. As what many consider the most sophisticated approach to "Hydrogen-on-Demand" technology (running a vehicle or genset on water alone), the Water Fuel Cell ("WFC") may be the most practical free energy device to introduce on a widespread basis. While it is alone among waterfuel devices in being accompanied by a reasonable theoretical foundation as to why it works, it is also among the simplest and least expensive waterfuel systems to construct. For these and other reasons, on January 1st, 2007, a new nonprofit research & education foundation, the H2earth Institute (h2earth.org...) was organized to explore waterfuel technology generally, and to re-launch the Meyer WFC in particular, once it became free of intellectual property rights issues, upon expiration of the patents.

Notably, the 5,149,407 "Design" patent, which issed more than two years after the 4,936,961 "Methods" patent, was deliberately truncated by Meyer so that it would expire coterminously with the primary one. Disclaiming the remaining term of a patent is an almost unheard of step for an inventor to take, and indicates the later patent to contain some critical improvements that Meyer wanted the world to have when his basic technology became public domain. Meyer, who died in 1998, was working on more involved and exotic implementations of the technology, involving water injecting spark plugs, which is embodied in other Meyer patents which remain in force until 2011. This project is not concerned with that architecture, but only with the body of Meyer's work which is now in the public domain.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
hi there, I use water to fuel a car as a supplement to gasoline. In fact, very little water is needed, only one quart of water provides over 1800 gallons of HHO gas which can literally last for months and significantly increase your car fuel efficiently, improve emissions quality, and save money. I found the way through this site www.runcarsonwater.us... i really recommend it to everybody, it's a nice eBook where you can find the instructions on how to do it! take a look.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja

Luckily for us, water molecules cannot be destroyed (At least i hope not) Anything used by the car will just evaporate like normal and form clouds.

any one of thousands of chemical reactions ` destroy ` water molecules

2K +2H20 = 2KOH +H2

thats pottasium metal [ K ]

reacting violently with water to produce pottasium hydoxide [ KOH ] and hydrogen gas

is chemistry no longer taught in schools ???

because the scientific ignorance running through this thread is mind boggling

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
is chemistry no longer taught in schools ???

No its not actually...

The chem labs in schools are afraid of law suits when little Johnny burns himself on a Bunsen burner...

Chemicals are dangerous so many schools are doing 'kitchen physics' Ever turn a grape into a plasma ball in your microwave?

Most states have outlawed even possessing certain chemistry equipment... they are convinced you are making drugs in your garage... I had a cop on a man hunt stick his nose into my garage and next day had to explain what my assay equipment was for...

Try to buy a chemistry set at the science shop these days... Do they still HAVE science shops? They have acetic acid and baking soda

Chemicals are being outlawed like sulphur because you can use it to make illegal fireworks... well you can just file a little zinc from an old 'd' cell battery into sulphur and you get a cool solid rocket feul... errr ..... anyway a teacher came into my wife's work at the hardware store looking for sulphur for his class demos...

He was a professor working part time at a community school on his own time to teach chemistry I was able to help him out as I had a lot (still not illegal in Nevada) and donated a bunch of old equipment... but its a sad state of affairs...

Bob Lazar of United Nuclear had his business raided by gun toting ATF guys... for selling chemicals... it was the CPSC Consumer Product Safety Commission that got him and he is a licensed supply company..

The complaint?

Among the chemicals in United Nuclear’s product line are several that are
commonly used to make illegal fireworks and other explosive devices, such as aluminum, magnesium, titanium, potassium chlorate, potassium perchlorate, potassium nitrate, and potassium permanganate.
13. Although United Nuclear has sold only chemicals and related supplies and not completed explosive devices, the company has been a supply source for people manufacturing illegal explosives

www.justice.gov...

Problem was some of the chemicals were needed to operate the Hydrogen Fuel cell they were working on.... (they have since solved that issue...)

But you can expect a lot more ignorance on the basics in the near future

[edit on 21-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja
Luckily for us, water molecules cannot be destroyed (At least i hope not)

Elecrrolysis 101...

Di-hydrogen oxide

Next time you want to impress your friends use that term... what is it?

Well you can call it 'hydrogen rust' in a way and that would be correct

We usually call it WATER H2O or HOH

If you take a car battery and two copper rods and stick it in water like shown below...

you will SPLIT the water molecule into its separate elements H and O

So yes you have just destroyed a water molecule and quite simply as well

Now lets discuss 'burning' a little and maybe we can get somewhere..

When something 'burns' it is merely combining with oxygen and in the process releasing extra energy..

Wood oxidizes quickly... you get heat and small flames

Hydrogen oxidizes VERY quickly and you get the Hindenburg...

Iron oxidizes very slowly and you get rust

Rust is Iron Oxide...

Where did the iron go? Nowhere it is still there in the rust, only it looks different... and here is the wacky thing... you can add heat to the iron oxide... which releases the oxygen and get your iron back

Same thing with water... you split them by adding energy (in this case electricity) you combine them in your engine and violently release the energy you 'added' with the electricity... and you get your water back

If you build hydrogen plants near electric dams you have both resources in abundance... since the electricity comes from the force of gravity running water over your turbine it is in effect FREE ENERGY... the water continues on its way down the river...You could put half a dozen dams down river and use the same water to generate even more power

We already put catalytic converters on our cars for pollution control now... so a SIMPLE condenser is all that is needed to keep any water from escaping.. (save for some loss to evaporation and such)

What get me is are we going to let the Japanese take credit for something we knew decades ago?

Hope that wasn't to technical

PS The six dams on a river proposal was made back in 72 on a Canadian river that currently has one dam... they zap 50% ot the power into the ground because there are no transmission lines to make use of that power..

The deal was for the US to run the lines and purchase the power and Canada (Quebec) would build the power plants...

The deal has not gone ahead yet.. who needs that Cannuck Electricity when we have OIL and Nuclear Plants that boil water to turn those turbines and leave tons of radioactive waste behind?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Not that it isn't pretty cool but technically it runs on hydrogen.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Running cars on water is still a fairly new 'phenomenom' which is not always welcomed by everyone, yet there are ways to go ahead with it. It appears that governments are too concerned loosing profits from it. I have heard of reports of people who disappeared after attempting making progress in this field. What do you guys think of this, what if you are asked to stop this? Even so.. technology expands as we do and even though Japan may not be considered the greatest threat (replying to Sty's post) when it comes to the militairy side, nowadays technology can fight wars for us...

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Japanese Gecko]

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Japanese Gecko]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join