It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has satanism infiltrated "Christian" rock?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
As a Christian, myself...I think Satan has entered the hearts and minds of all who are in the religious right movement. They are agents of hate and stupidty. They sit in church and beleive what their Pastors tell them to beleive...Pastors are sinners like everyone else in the flesh. People w\in the riligious right worship their Pastors, not God!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
dude may it to trick the goths to listening to some enlighten music

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Why are christian's even posting, or defending. Didn't they originally relent to the romans.
Allowing themselves to be eaten by lions and other predators.

If they believe in "the end times" and have faith in "God's plan", arguing about a rock band ain't gonna help.

Sorry I hate stupid threads, and must retort, yes I am a christian(of my own ilk).

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

Hey GND you if you are a Christian? You should be very careful sister.
Eve was deceived just as you are . The back cover of the "Shack by Willie P.Young
has a glowing endorsement by M.W.S. This piece of goddess promoting occultic
feel good theological excrement is sweeping the CCM world. The Sophia found in theShack is the same Sophia goddess promoted by Dan Brown in the DaVinci code.

Just because he looks nice doesn't mean he isn't wicked to the core he admitted that a number of his early "Christian "hits were written under the influence of of Drugs and Alcohol.

Shalom

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
well im a born again but i used to listen to death metal and i dont mean pantera slayer ect. i mean cannibal corpse job for a cowboy, morbid angel, prostitute disfigurement!!! so now im stuck trying to find christian death metal, and i have found a few, and even know its "christian" just the sound is evil, so point is i think your point is fact but its the wrong facts there are more severe facts and music to support your claim

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugs_n_recovery
well im a born again but i used to listen to death metal and i dont mean pantera slayer ect. i mean cannibal corpse job for a cowboy, morbid angel, prostitute disfigurement!!! so now im stuck trying to find christian death metal, and i have found a few, and even know its "christian" just the sound is evil, so point is i think your point is fact but its the wrong facts there are more severe facts and music to support your claim

For me it's a lot about how it makes me feel in addition to the words. I couldn't get into Christian deathmetal-like or gangsta rap-like groups...it just doesn't seem to mesh for me. Other Christians find it a fine combination.

Christian Industrial electronica, downtempo and even some goth help me reflect well on the deeper topics such as the soul and forgiveness. Groups like Wolrdwide Groove Corporation, Ever, Ed Fleab, Delta-S, and Beauty for Ashes have a nice way of blending good music with a great message. Rock (Christian included) is..okay...but I guess I've heard too many Pearl Jam-alike bands since the early 90's to listen to much. It's the things that are different, maybe sub-culture that catch my ear.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join