It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-----FORUM GUIDELINES-----

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thank you kindly for midwifing the birth of a new forum where I am hopeful we can discuss things without the need to resort to .... well flaming and such!

However, how certain can we be that this forum, or even you, exist?

((Sorry - has to get things started - existentially speaking
)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Thank you kindly for midwifing the birth of a new forum where I am hopeful we can discuss things without the need to resort to .... well flaming and such!

However, how certain can we be that this forum, or even you, exist?

((Sorry - has to get things started - existentially speaking
)

May the flames of passion burn without flaming, may words eloquently roll without trolling, may the replies you get be an indicator of your existence.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This may end up being my favorite forum.
Yay!

I have a question.

Would a thread like my "They Come From Within" thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
fit here? I mean it is about the nature of reality and consciousness.

If so could I pretty please have that thread moved here?

Thanks to the infinite power.

[edit on 12/6/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes it fits very well and its also an excellent thread. Moved upon your request.

Now I just hope I dont get thousands of requests for thread moves.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
hell yeah.

Am I blind, or can I not see where this forum is listed on the main page?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
hell yeah.

Am I blind, or can I not see where this forum is listed on the main page?

Its not listed yet. Until then: HERE

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thank you.

I like the folder art, whoever does the art for the forums on this website does a good job. Its hard to make a little image like that because it has to be good enough to look at for a while.

Maybe I'll make a topic in this forum tonight, if I have time.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I logged in to check out the latest topics and was quite pleasantly surprised to see that the new forum was up and running! At the risk of not adding anything original to the conversation, I just wanted to drop in and say congratulations. Thanks to Skyfloating and all the members who expressed support for this new forum. I am excited to see how things develop here! Already quite a few posts…

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm glad this was created SF! I was actually surprised to see that you weren't the moderator of this forum as you started the thread to create it.

Expect a consciousness thread to be up soon!

Are we allowed to discuss 'altered states of consciousness' regardless of how they were induced? I'm aware of ATS' policy on drug use, but if it is discussed in an empirical fashion, would it not be abiding by the T&Cs? I am not suggesting discussion of illegal activity, merely the possibility of talking about altered states.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I'm glad this was created SF! I was actually surprised to see that you weren't the moderator of this forum as you started the thread to create it.

Expect a consciousness thread to be up soon!

Are we allowed to discuss 'altered states of consciousness' regardless of how they were induced? I'm aware of ATS' policy on drug use, but if it is discussed in an empirical fashion, would it not be abiding by the T&Cs? I am not suggesting discussion of illegal activity, merely the possibility of talking about altered states.

Thanks for bringing this up biggie. *sigh*

Thats the reason our older "Consciousness Forum" request wasnt granted.

Starting to talk this stuff would cause google to block this website in many searches divert from the "Family Friendly Website" idea.

So you can be sure threads related to that will be moved to RATS, even carefully worded ones.

Not necessarily because of your opening post but because of the responses that naturally ensue and the keywords posted therein.

But since some feel strongly that there´s a conspiracy here (obviously, since its been criminalized) we´ve come up with the RATS solution in which meta-tags and keywords arent picked up.

sorry mate.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Is RATS worth the points for someone like me?

Also did you notice the forum has grown more in one day than some do in several? Amazing!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Is RATS worth the points for someone like me?

I dont know, I havent been there in more than a month.

Nothing is lost by investing virtual points though.

Also did you notice the forum has grown more in one day than some do in several? Amazing!

Its had a good start.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Thank you Sky for creating a new home for us, and putting a new much needed "face" on the concepts that will be discussed here. I am looking forward to reading the ideas that are posted here, that normally would have been hard to find, or hidden under other topics less frequented. A bright new future for us all.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ok the big question....

Is the LOA thread coming over?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Ok the big question....

Maybe later
All in good time.

(Dont want to over-stuff the Forum yet)

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thanx and well done Sky, although this will mean even less sleep for me now.

I'm not much of a poster but looks like this forum may change that.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Congratulations on your new forum, the OP is informative and very well presented, I hope that this new topics will be a success.

Good work.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Ok the big question....

Of course it is!! It has to. I'm not worried.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I hope people will truly understand the depth or the message behind conversation without personal or impersonal arrest of thoughts and emotions. Everyone has to be keen and sharp enough to be able to find the depth and true meaning behind every message as they do behind their own self-directed orders that they fulfill during the day in order to get along; 'time for bed' or 'if I walk against car-traffic I'll die'.

There is just NO reason to allow any more hostility of any sort to continue, seeing as matters that may contradict one's own vision can only be as harmful as one lets them be. There is only one time to use aggression and it is when the light within one, which takes YEARS to understand and not light-weight introspection but rather very heavy-lined analysis of everything, shows you, and I mean effectively projects the future-vision, that using a rhetorical and aggressive message will most probably effect upon the moment in a culmination of waves of progress.

Bring light and love to all those around you WITHOUT any fear of ridicule (as you can only be ridiculed if you allow yourself to be so, emotionally) and slowly they will see this strength that not only stands but it stands next-along to a message of wisdom, love, progress and transcendence.

I look forward to more participation in this forum.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
S&F I'm excited
... this may be my new home. This news is a good ending to a long day!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join