It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
To discuss "the biggest conspiracy of all", the manipulation and distortion of perception and awareness" and here's the part I can't seem to fit into the other part of this paragraph... as a protection from propaganda...yes...as a protection from propaganda???
reply to post by Itisnowagain
OK, now I think I see, The mind is full of preconceived ideas which have been picked up - things that are not necessarily true - as you would say, that is what 'propaganda' is...and to discuss it, is to protect us from it...as to present difference perceptions, one could have, into different awareness's is to make our own choices...of what is and or will be, as to our own belief systems.
originally posted by: Skyfloating
This Forum deals with a broad range of subjects many of them complementary under the headline "Mind" and will attract both scientific and un-scientific viewpoints to incite a wide array of discussion.
Examples of some of the topics this Forum includes:
* Epistemology or "The Study of Knowledge"
* The "soft-science" of Psychology in its many variations
* Philosophy old and new, east and west
* Fringe subjects such as Mind-Control and Psychotronic Manipulation
* The Study of Social Organisms
* Well-being, Self-Empowerment, Metaphysics, Meditation
* To deal with the nature of truth/knowledge itself and how we arrive at those truths
* To explore how we think, communicate, process data and information.
* To discuss nightdreams and the nature of dreaming
* To look at the nature of beliefs and the mind itself.
* To discuss various methods of lifestyle & attitude
* To provide a more positive and maybe intellectual balance to the overall controversial tone of conspiracy-theory at ATS.
* To discuss "the biggest conspiracy of all", the manipulation and distortion of perception and awareness as a protection from propaganda.
* To explore: What is reality?
Some Encyclopedic Definitions from Wikipedia:
Epistemology or theory of knowledge is a branch of philosophy concerned with the nature and scope of knowledge.
Much of the debate in this field has focused on analyzing the nature of knowledge and how it relates to similar notions such as truth, belief, and justification. It also deals with the means of production of knowledge. In other words, epistemology primarily addresses the following questions: "What is knowledge?", "How is knowledge acquired?", and "What do people know?"
Consciousness is a state that defies definition, but which may involve thoughts, sensations, perceptions, moods, emotions, dreams, and an awareness of self, although not necessarily all of these
The issue of what consciousness is, and to what extent and in what sense it exists, is the subject of much research in philosophy of mind, psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, and artificial intelligence.
Psychology is an academic and applied discipline involving the study of mental processes and behavior
Metaphysics is the branch of philosophy investigating principles of reality transcending those of any particular science. Cosmology and ontology are traditional branches of metaphysics. It is concerned with explaining the ultimate nature of being and the world.
The atmosphere of this Forum is a relaxed "Philosophers Cafe" in which concepts and ideas are exchanged.
Even in cases of strong disagreement with other participants, an attitude of respect and decorum is expected.
[edit on 12-6-2008 by Skyfloating]