It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Seeks Authorization For War In Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by birchtree

5. Iraq and Afghanistan are long from over and we are not ready for Iran. By the way anyone who want to argue that point, I have done military planning concerning Iran and have over 12 years of knowledge concerning the subject, and right now we are not ready....It is just not going to happen right now! Period. If it does happen Bush will be out of office and besides that Iraq and Iran are talking about forming unions and all that kind of stuff, it is a mess but with the nuclear facilities being opened up for inspectors and CNN correspondants being allowed to do special reports THIS ARTICLE IS JUST MORE PROPAGANDA< TRYING TO FUEL SOMETHING THAT EVEN WITH A SPARK IS NOT NECCESARILY GOING TO EXPLODE.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by birchtree]

I assure you it IS going to happen, and probably sooner than later. Unfortunately, the US is between a rock and a hard place. Israel is not going to let Iran get much further with its nuclear work. No way. End of story. Surely somebody with your supposed expertise in the region knows that? They took out Iraq's reactor in the early 80's and they took out a suspected Syrian nuclear site last year. Anybody who knows anything about Israel knows that Iran will get the same treatment - regardless of how much harder an attack on Iran would be to pull off, or how dire the consequences would be. That's Israel.
This puts the US in a tough spot. They're going to get dragged into it one way or another. They're trying to hold Israel back until they can stabilize Iraq and start pulling the troops back. But Iraq is going badly and Israel grows impatient. Unless things improve in Iraq pretty quickly the US will have no choice but to hit Iran hard before events overtake them and the "game" is totally out of their control.
As for not being ready.....the USAF and Navy are more than ready. I'm sure the Cruise Missiles are programmed with their targets already and the B2's have their flight plans all drawn up...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Congress will give them the green light and ill back the US 100 %.

Western Forces FOR THE WIN!

COUNTER_TERRORISTS WIN!

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Justice11]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
What a sad day if this happens.Anyways it is what it is,just hope they just do airstrikes if they had any brains at all.But as Dumbfeld said....we can fight on 3 fronts and win.Watch Bush mobilize the boy scouts with pocket knives for this one.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
What a sad day if this happens.Anyways it is what it is,just hope they just do airstrikes if they had any brains at all.But as Dumbfeld said....we can fight on 3 fronts and win.Watch Bush mobilize the boy scouts with pocket knives for this one.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by alienstar]

I really dont think boy scouts with knives will be needed.A few well placed shots at an Iranian nuclear facility should suffice.After all the Israelis took Iraqs nuclear reactor injuring one french technician.No one died!WHat a strike!Then they did it again against Syria!With SYrian AA defenses in place to boot!
John Mccain 08!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I can not believe people instead of protesting against profiteering of arms businesses are calmly discussing invasion of Iran and Iraq.

While 50 years ago invasions by Russia (in east and central Europe) and Germany (all over the Europe) at WW2 were condemned, today the term "invasion" has become a normality and the privilege of US.

Invasion is not something you should be proud of to be part of.

However I am considering a possibility that I am totally wrong - and all the countries of planet Earth should invade each other for whatever suitable reasons they can find (moral, economical...). Yeah, just find the reason and go for it. That would be such a fun!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
I can not believe people instead of protesting against profiteering of arms businesses are calmly discussing invasion of Iran and Iraq.

While 50 years ago invasions by Russia (in east and central Europe) and Germany (all over the Europe) at WW2 were condemned, today the term "invasion" has become a normality and the privilege of US.

Invasion is not something you should be proud of to be part of.

However I am considering a possibility that I am totally wrong - and all the countries of planet Earth should invade each other for whatever suitable reasons they can find (moral, economical...). Yeah, just find the reason and go for it. That would be such a fun!

AU contraire my friend,evil dictators have a nasty habit of reappearing when the population of a country is held in fear and gripped by propaganda.Iran fits that profile to a T i might add.Americans arent gripped by fear as i speak with some of them at least 2 to 3 times a week ,and things were REALLY bad i would know.Locations i get my info?North Carolina,Texas,and california.

Besides noone said anything about invasion just authorization to attack Iran.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

I can't believe that people can actually cite Iraq as a reason that war with Iran would be quick and easy and can keep a straight face. Iran has by anyones account a larger military, which will make it more difficult. People claim that we wouldn't occupy Iran after we win, but thats not true. We would stay through a transition of peace just like we did with Iraq. And for all you people saying that the Iranians would welcome us, were did you hear that? Our elected officials and the media that said the exact same thing about Iraq? Like McCain:

www.youtube.com...
(its in their somewhere, just watch a while)

Don't be misled. It will be another long, brutal war with hundreds of thousands of innocent people killed. And thats if were lucky and Russia and China don't get involved. If they do, it could be the end of the world. So don't be too excited to go into another war. Your government lied to you once, why wouldn't they do it again?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11

AU contraire my friend,evil dictators have a nasty habit of reappearing when the population of a country is held in fear and gripped by propaganda.Iran fits that profile to a T i might add.Americans arent gripped by fear as i speak with some of them at least 2 to 3 times a week ,and things were REALLY bad i would know.Locations i get my info?North Carolina,Texas,and california.

Besides noone said anything about invasion just authorization to attack Iran.

The US may not be gripped by fear, but thats only because the propaganda is so strong.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Level X

Are you another ultra-patriot trying to justifiy the moron's actions?? Are you from the Roman empire??

How many times will people drop their pants to GW's ankles before they realize this clown has totally destroyed America as a super power. The logic of your post screams GUNG HO GI JOE with no exit strategy.

Well see how many mourning family members will be crying handling those onions.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Level X]

Err, I can't stand Bush because of his liberal stance on the border, and other things...........

But I do respect the office of the president...........The entire washington triad of morons has destroyed this country. Black robed tyrants, the "nancey" congress, and all those fat arse lifetime federal slimes..........

This same idiocy "let" WWII happen............

Oh, EXIT strategy.............only none military MORONs speak of exit strategy before a war. The entire idea is complete stupidity.

Kill the enemy take away his ability to make WAR. Let him worry about HIS exit strategy.................

[edit on 13-6-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by heliosprime

Ah, yes. Lets nuke Iran! We're going to nuke them because....

....ummm....

....why are we going to nuke them again?

Oh, right. They talked bad about us. Boo hoo.

Hey, ya know, we killed a million in Iraq, might as well go do it in Iran too!

We are putting 6 year olds in JAIL for drawing a picture of a gun, yet, akmadingdong tells us straight out he is going to wipe Israel and the US off the planet, he is building bomb, missles, and sending arms to kill US troops on the ground in Iraq...............

It is suicide NOT to take his nukes out first.....................

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
We are putting 6 year olds in JAIL for drawing a picture of a gun

I never said that was right, but that doesn't justify war against Iran. Don't bring up points that aren't even relevant.

akmadingdong

Does it make you feel better or somehow prove your point more if you intentionally misspell his name?

tells us straight out he is going to wipe Israel and the US off the planet

Oh, my, how far simple propaganda goes.

I'm amazed that people believe he said that without even questioning what was sold to them on mainstream media.

he is building bomb, missles,

So are we

and sending arms to kill US troops on the ground in Iraq...............

Can you prove that? I'm not talking about FOX News articles either.

We built bombs and missiles and sent arms in to kill Iraqi troops in Iraq. They were just as innocent as our troops are. They had no say in how Saddam Hussein ruled. They had no say in his policy.

But you're OK with that, right? Because anyone that is not American is a sub-human species, right? Nice outlook on the rest of the world. It closely resembles Hitler.

It is suicide NOT to take his nukes out first.....................

Can you prove they have nukes? Because I believe even the CIA said Iran is at least 10 years away from being able to build one, and even further away from building one small enough to mount on a missile capable of hitting Israel or the United States.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

The problem with your assertion is that UN inspectors are being allowed to inspect these sites where Iran is claiming that they have halted any uranium enrichment processes in fact there was a special report where the government of Iran actually allowed Christina Amanpour to bring cameras into site to show people that they were in fact not in the enrichment process.

Coupled together there will have to be some overwhelming proof from Israel for them to make a move and even though they cannot afford to wait around for any UN, World agreement or American approval before they would take an action against Iran; there will at least be the need for them to share that information with the US and UN which is typical of how Israel acts. By the way this also has put a huge wall in the form of blocking any US action

For Israel it is a worry and geographically speaking if you were them any intelligence of uranium enrichment coupled with Ahmadnijad spouting anti-semetic rhetoric should definately be raising a red flag. I mean come on it does not really matter what you believe if you cant see how this is a concern to Israel then you should go see an eye doctor (I am not neccesarily speaking of you, but for some that would be very true)

As far as the US I would say that the North Arabian Gulf is the hot bed where any thing could happen, not to mention the ASMD sites in The Southern gulf region. If any attempt were made by Iran to seal the SOH the GCC would definately get involved because that would put a strangle hold on the oil business for other countries. Iran def does not need that but there is still the Iraninan island which contain air and anti ship missiles, so now were talking about US airstrikes to free up the SOH and in the NAG there are plenty of small boats definately enough to swarm mid size to larger combatants, and though there are not a lot there are quite a few excellent russian made aircraft that have anti-ship abilities. So the key for the US is not air superiority but air supremacy. As far as land goes if you look at some of the geography of Iran it makes the mountain regions between afghanistan and pakistan insignificant.

As far as my planning and experience have brought me and especially looking at Iran (which is not the whole of my knowledge) I would say THAT IF THIS WERE TO HAPPEN/I AM NOT SAYING IT SHOULD HAPPEN, BUT IF IT DOES that the best policy would be to do a joint air and naval strike on islands that contain naval and missile facilities, take out all the port facilities ran by the IRGCN (revolutionary guard) and the IRIN (Iranian Navy) put sorties with the panavia tornado on their air facilities for runway denial (that way you dont have to worry about every aircraft in some bombing run) Have the Apaches take out radar and ECM sites and throw a few Cruise missiles on key military installations. Then put sanctions in place to restrict fuel sales and set up a blockade. Key to this is I would not restrict shipments of medical and food supplies just put them on house arrest don't invade them, just repel what ever they might bring, just declaw them and sit back, of course there will be fall back but that is the way I would kick it off.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by birchtree]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Bush doesn't have the guts to attack Iran. If he wanted to, he would have done it long ago. Stop making these silly threads, we already have hundreds of them.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

BY CURIO
"Israel is not going to let Iran get much further with its nuclear work. No way. End of story. Surely somebody with your supposed expertise in the region knows that?"

Just to hit this real quick once again, your point is valid but just in case I did not make it clear above according to UN Inspectors uranium enrichment has been suspendid.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by amfirst

did you read that in popular mechanics or see it on the history channel.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The people of Iran do not need US aggression violence or war. They need support and deliverance from dark ages of ancient Sharia law, something that has been rearing its ugly head in Canada family law, something connected to Obama's relatives (google Obama/Odinga and check this:
www.rense.com...

This is one of the most beautiful videos about the struggles of some of the women and good men in Iran, and probably throughout the middle east. I singed the petition and stand in support of there advancement into modern era, equality between men and women, and separation of state and religion. youtube watch?v=7DqDm5bA88g The Roses of Iran.

I light candles for these beautiful people. We need to help and support their freedom from this oppression, which is actually endorsed by nwo agendas by the way. And the solution is not war.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I agree with you that people in Iran are looking for a change, but they as a people, do not want outside help, especially from the US. They want to bring about the change themselves and although they would like to move into a modern era and yes one that is seemingly more westernized, they still want nothing to do with the west, nor do they want to dismantle the Sharia (Sharia means law so I will not say Sharia Law)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by birchtree

The only change they will be making is when those air strikes knock out those reactors and they have to cleanup the mess.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If Bush uses Iraq to start a war with Iran, where does that leave the reconstruction in Iraq? He's forcing Iraq into a war with Iran, and once he's out of office, they will have to continue that war without Bush.

It's like someone walking into a stranger's yard and throwing a rock at the neighbor's window, then leaving the yard and letting the two neighbors duke it out.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join