It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Seeks Authorization For War In Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

U.S. Seeks Authorization For War In Iran

www.blacklistednews.com

The reason the White House is so hell-bent on signing a long-term agreement may have less to do with Iraq and more to do with Iran. According to press reports of the ongoing negotiations, the Bush administration is seeking the “power to determine if a hostile act from another country is aggression against Iraq.” Ali al Adeeb, a leading member of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s Dawa party, confirmed:

The Americans insist so far that is they who define what is an aggression on Iraq
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thinkprogress.org

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
With all the talk about action against Iran I thought this sounded important. The article goes on to say that the U.S. is holding fifty billion USD of funds that belong to Irac in a U.S. bank, and they are looking to double the number of perment bases inside Irac. Non of this sounds very good at all. I still hope the reasons behind all of this if not just the facts are wrong.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
When is the Bush admin. going to learn that they won't be able to get away with picking fights with whoever they damn well please?

I'll hunt him down and teach him a lesson myself, if i survive long enough.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

"hunt him down".......

We can only hope Bush takes Iran out................hope he still has the "onions" to do it.................

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Besides the title where in the article does it say, "U.S. Seeks Authorization For War In Iran "? maybe i missed it when i read it, idk.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Shar
This sentence kind of explains it.

The administration’s request would seemingly allow the U.S. to brand Iran as an enemy of Iraq and attack Iran in the name of defending Iraq pursuant a legal obligation under the status of forces agreement.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

We can only hope Bush takes Iran out................hope he still has the "onions" to do it.................

helio
just so we understand you. You want the U.S. to attack Iran?
Then why?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The administration’s request would seemingly allow the U.S. to brand Iran as an enemy of Iraq and attack Iran in the name of defending Iraq pursuant a legal obligation under the status of forces agreement.

Thats one scarey arsed bit of logic...a war against Iran because they are defending Iraq...

my brain hurts.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Dan
Its bothers me also.
I don't like saying this but I saw this coming back when the whole mess started.
I hope all the facts in the article are not true but the basic point in it I fear could be.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
looking for another loophole??

So the US wont be held accountable if an attack is launched from IRAQ on Iran?

As in will they need congressional approval to launch an attack from IRaq?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
As I understand it, they don't need congressional approval to attack Iran anyway. The President has the authority to launch an attack and conduct a war for up to 90 days without congressional approval. In a full scale US attack, Iran would most likely fall within 30 days and it'll all be over before congress could act to stop it. Of course we could be in the middle of WW3 by then also and nobody will be able to stop it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Whatever Happens Happens

What can civilians do against such people? Vote them out of office?
lol Thats funny.

Me personally, I dont beleive in all this war and stuf... but yet I do. If a people wish to stay ignorant and violent towards the truth of the world and refuse to educate their kids... its time we started interfeering. The world is not correct in its ways... American, China, Russia, none of the great societys are perfect... we must all learn from one another and merge the benefitting factors of government together. Every person has to be led, dont fool yourselves we need government... but the kind and way it is presented to the public is of more interest.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Agit
Thanks to you and everyone else who is posting.
Yes that may very well be a loop hole, but I also still think the war powers act will be in effect.

That is a law, passed by congress after the Vietnam War, over President Nixon's veto, and of dubious constitutionality, which seeks to define and limit the powers of the president of the United States to command the armed forces. The most important provision is that if the U.S. armed forces go into combat the president must get a resolution from congress authorizing the mission. If the resolution is not passed then the forces must be withdrawn from the combat within sixty days. Since it was passed no president has ever acknowledged its validity but they have always complied with it nonetheless.
wiki

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

Me personally, I dont beleive in all this war and stuf... but yet I do. If a people wish to stay ignorant and violent towards the truth of the world and refuse to educate their kids... its time we started interfeering. The world is not correct in its ways... American, China, Russia, none of the great societys are perfect... we must all learn from one another and merge the benefitting factors of government together. Every person has to be led, dont fool yourselves we need government... but the kind and way it is presented to the public is of more interest.

Excellent post rjmelter
I doubt any English major or a politishen could have said it any better.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
... we must all learn from one another and merge the benefitting factors of government together. Every person has to be led, dont fool yourselves we need government... but the kind and way it is presented to the public is of more interest.

Great post. Governments should certainly be adaptable and not monolithic, but saying we should "merge the benefitting factors of government together" is kind of like saying "every carpenter needs a hammer, so lets make one big hammer".

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

lol, good point. So how best would you say it?

I am appaled by what the media reports happening. I do know that there are very many good intentions but the few bad intentions spoil them all. Thats how rot works. It infects all the rest

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hmmm, seems to me we are now starting to see Bush's real colours. I think time and history may show that the two Gulf wars to date were just a precursor to the 'real show'.

When is Bush and Co. going to be charged for war crimes, thats what i want to know?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I Believe the anwser to your question is when the American People stop being so fake, materialistic beings and start caring about the world around them. Thats probably the truth.

Edit to ADD

I also think Bush and CO... however you would like to describe your theory of tyranny do what they have to to keep America safe.

The military stops terror attacks daily, so does the cia and fbi. It doesn't really matter if you believe it or not... People Hate America... sometimes they have to do the dirty work and protect us. If all of America was against a country... war would be never ending... but if we were ignorant to the truth... then we are not at fault... A Single man would be at fault.. His name is Uncle Bush. Sometimes you dont like your family... but they are good for you.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Last thing the world let alone America needs is another war

The whole world as i see it right now is like a big pimple that is being squeezed from every point

Iraq.Earth quakes.Floods.Tornadoes.Cyclones. Oil

And that pimple is about to blow

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

Yeah I think so, I wish I had a space craft. I've had a lot of dreams about impeding disasters. I even had a dream where America was sending ANimals in spacecrafts to mars and space to protect them for a few years to let the Earth Heal. So weird. But my Inner Subconscious sees this horrible truth coming... Why can't the rest of the world wake- up?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join