It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Seeks Authorization For War In Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
WOW...collectivism at it's finest.

We (being the US) of all countries have no moral high ground to stand on, when it comes to dictating the intentions of other countries. WE ARE THE TERRORISTS.

As for "caring about the world around them," if anybody has noticed, the dollar is in the tank and we are being bought out by everyother country in the world ie..ports sold to Dubai - waterways sold to Germans- farmland being sold to China - highways being sold to Mexico. So scr*w the world, we can not be the world police, nor the "savior" of every non-christian country. Call in the UN troops, they have been useful in several places around the world

As for attacking Iran - it will happen. Under what pretext remains to be seen. Are they a threat to the US - NO, are they a threat to Isreal - who cares. Isreal has over 200+ nukes, top of the line fighter jets, and all the other ammetites to fend for themselves.

We have been force fed more crap then a christmas goose...and we have swallowed all of it.

Oil - Ceo's of Shell and Exxon have stated there is no oil crisis, we have enough in the US to last another 200 years.
Global warming - A volcano belches more crap in one day then the human species produces in a year
Iraq war - Spreading democracy from the barrel of a gun.

If we needed authorization for war.....who authorizes it? The UN? Girl Scout Troop 271? It's a shell game to justify the action by a corrupt group of scumbags.

They will start the war... and our children and grandchildren will have to end it.

Just thinking out loud

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
I Believe the anwser to your question is when the American People stop being so fake, materialistic beings and start caring about the world around them. Thats probably the truth.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by rjmelter]

Just curious, how can you claim that the answer to the worlds problems is for people to start caring more about the world around them, and then advocate that the American people purposefully allow one person, Bush, to attack whoever he wants. Wouldn't the way to be more caring of the world be for people to start questioning why we go to war, and view all people as equals instead of just potential enemies?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cdoug1

Thinking out loud but telling the truth. This is about Israel and nothing else. Heres what the government doesnt want you to know

and if you ask questions about this you get called an anti semite and told this

Welcome to America land of the free and home of the sheeple.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

I Believe the anwser to your question is when the American People stop being so fake, materialistic beings and start caring about the world around them. Thats probably the truth.

Just curious, how can you claim that the answer to the worlds problems is for people to start caring more about the world around them, and then advocate that the American people purposefully allow one person, Bush, to attack whoever he wants. Wouldn't the way to be more caring of the world be for people to start questioning why we go to war, and view all people as equals instead of just potential enemies?

I never said bush should attack who he wants... Just emphasizing 2 points. The negative and positive side that resides in humans. Do not be ignorant... To deny one part of you is to deny your entire being. I agree with what you said... but dont put words in my mouth please and thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdoug1
WOW...collectivism at it's finest.

We (being the US) of all countries have no moral high ground to stand on, when it comes to dictating the intentions of other countries. WE ARE THE TERRORISTS.

As for "caring about the world around them," if anybody has noticed, the dollar is in the tank and we are being bought out by everyother country in the world ie..ports sold to Dubai - waterways sold to Germans- farmland being sold to China - highways being sold to Mexico. So scr*w the world, we can not be the world police, nor the "savior" of every non-christian country. Call in the UN troops, they have been useful in several places around the world

As for attacking Iran - it will happen. Under what pretext remains to be seen. Are they a threat to the US - NO, are they a threat to Isreal - who cares. Isreal has over 200+ nukes, top of the line fighter jets, and all the other ammetites to fend for themselves.

We have been force fed more crap then a christmas goose...and we have swallowed all of it.

Oil - Ceo's of Shell and Exxon have stated there is no oil crisis, we have enough in the US to last another 200 years.
Global warming - A volcano belches more crap in one day then the human species produces in a year
Iraq war - Spreading democracy from the barrel of a gun.

If we needed authorization for war.....who authorizes it? The UN? Girl Scout Troop 271? It's a shell game to justify the action by a corrupt group of scumbags.

They will start the war... and our children and grandchildren will have to end it.

Just thinking out loud

Great post!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

I don't understand what you are talking about. What I got from you original post was that first, to solve the worlds ills, Americans need to stop being self centered and care about the world. I'm with you on that. T

hen you say that no matter what people think of Bush, the fact is hes acting for the good of the country, and its good to leave him act alone because he'll get all of the heat. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted this, but I took it to mean you were saying leave Bush act on his own (and in the context of the OP attack Iran) because that will be better for all Americans.

I didn't see where you were philosophically talking about the duality of humans being informed and ignorant, but if that was your intent then I truly apologize for misreading it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Appology Taken and accepted, I would also like to appoloize as to now I see where you are coming from. I am all over the place as far as expressing myself is concerned. I have a lot of thoughts behind things and no solid foundation of explanation but yes. People do need to care more about the world we are in. The Governemtn is not and never will be 100% Effective, Efficient or Responsible.. they always hide the blame because while it is Governemnt... someone has to take the fall... and someone doesn't want to. The Government System needs changed... its about time it happens.

Edit to add:

As our society changes so should our government in handling a much more mature nation of peoples. (Maybe... matured more so then we were... in some aspects lol. Biting my tongue a bit

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Pathetic. What is the Purpose of this WAR? Reason or Profit??? Leave them People alone. We already done enough Damage too Iraq. " All those Innocent People Lost for no reason!" We want too Spend Billions of Dollars on the War and all that bull#!!! and Our own country is Suffering. im not talking about GAS prices either.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

We can only hope Bush takes Iran out................hope he still has the "onions" to do it.................

Oh, naturally you're welcome to help if you like.

All for giving Bush a peice of their mind, say aye!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by duffster

Yeah I think so, I wish I had a space craft. I've had a lot of dreams about impeding disasters. I even had a dream where America was sending ANimals in spacecrafts to mars and space to protect them for a few years to let the Earth Heal. So weird. But my Inner Subconscious sees this horrible truth coming... Why can't the rest of the world wake- up?

We Wont Wake up because we have Disturbances like American Idol..and all these half retarded Reality Shows, and GAY people Getting Married, and the 9/11, and the new car thats coming out next year or Who Brad-and-Jolie is going too adopt the next kid, From which Country? WE will see Next!!. " Back too you TOM!!" Thats why America Or the Whole World in Fact wont Wake up...Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

We can only hope Bush takes Iran out................hope he still has the "onions" to do it.................

helio
just so we understand you. You want the U.S. to attack Iran?
Then why?

I know Right i would like too know too????!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Shar

Shar
This sentence kind of explains it.

The administration’s request would seemingly allow the U.S. to brand Iran as an enemy of Iraq and attack Iran in the name of defending Iraq pursuant a legal obligation under the status of forces agreement.

brand and Enemy of Iraq my ass..all that is is an excuse too go too WAR for no cotton picking reason at all. I mean Crap!; Iran is still Open for Tourism!!! The Point of war..they need too Sit down and Play battlefield and Deal it out that way..!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
The President has the authority to launch an attack and conduct a war for up to 90 days without congressional approval.

Maybe my calendar is slow but I believe, in regards to Iraq, we may be slightly past that 90 day law, or for this administration shall I say "suggestion".

By my calculations, Congress should have done something on June 18th.....2003. I'm not real great at math but if I had to guess, I would say that Congress is only about 5 years late.

Well, I shouldn't say "late". "Late" would imply that they are doing something to stop it now.

I guess all our beloved President has to do is not formally declare war and make some grand touch down on an aircraft carrier to declare 'major combat operations' over, and that gets him by.

You would think with such a complicated and supposedly fair and just legal system it would take a little more than avoiding saying one word and making a propaganda speech to twist the system in your favor.

Then again, that legal system is in America - land of the free. I'm not sure where that country is anymore. We sure as hell aren't living in it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

helio
just so we understand you. You want the U.S. to attack Iran?
Then why?

Yes, the nuclear bomb making parts..............oh and akmadingdong where ever he slimes around.........pick a rock..........

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Ah, yes. Lets nuke Iran! We're going to nuke them because....

....ummm....

....why are we going to nuke them again?

Oh, right. They talked bad about us. Boo hoo.

Hey, ya know, we killed a million in Iraq, might as well go do it in Iran too!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

"hunt him down".......

Are you another ultra-patriot trying to justifiy the moron's actions?? Are you from the Roman empire??

How many times will people drop their pants to GW's ankles before they realize this clown has totally destroyed America as a super power. The logic of your post screams GUNG HO GI JOE with no exit strategy.

Well see how many mourning family members will be crying handling those onions.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Whoa what is really going on

1. we are holding a certain amount of Iraqi money that is true, but it has nothing to do with the war effort, its purpose is to hold that money in a strong suit for gatt and WB, it was at their request and has nothing to do with sofa.......in other words it is for Iraqi Economics

2. Though there is no taking a military response off the American Table, a SOFA Status of Forces Agreement agreement has to do with leaving troops and or facilities in place, how our military folks can be punished if they act out of character in the host nation, port facility protocol, water, fuel as it relates to government equipment and stuff like that. It is not a peace accord or military assistance request

3. As far as Bush going into Iran....that is not going to happen unless and only unless American Forces are attacked in the Persian Gulf by the IRGCN...By the way the US Navy policy is one of deescalation when ever they come into contact with IRGCN forces (Which is a Mistake, but one that will have to be learned the hard way) by the way even if there were an IRGCN attack on a US vessel who is to say we just wont blast it and see if they make a move. That is what I call an isolationist defensive measure. A response by which there action dictates the measure of force, then there is a disengagement to see if they want some more.

4. The US Presidential shift is too close and US forces are spread too thin, US citizen are not re-enlisting and the Army is taking people from other services like the US Navy and US Air Force, the government is hurting for people and they are paying military contractors 400-800% wages higher then they pay their own military, which really they could make up for if they would just make the military a more trained force. What I mean by that is there are still Navy people that are not allowed to draw from their holster on the firing range and need to raise their hand if they have a fire malfunction......people that is rediculous.

5. Iraq and Afghanistan are long from over and we are not ready for Iran. By the way anyone who want to argue that point, I have done military planning concerning Iran and have over 12 years of knowledge concerning the subject, and right now we are not ready....It is just not going to happen right now! Period. If it does happen Bush will be out of office and besides that Iraq and Iran are talking about forming unions and all that kind of stuff, it is a mess but with the nuclear facilities being opened up for inspectors and CNN correspondants being allowed to do special reports THIS ARTICLE IS JUST MORE PROPAGANDA< TRYING TO FUEL SOMETHING THAT EVEN WITH A SPARK IS NOT NECCESARILY GOING TO EXPLODE.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by birchtree]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
reply to post by cdoug1

Thinking out loud but telling the truth. This is about Israel and nothing else. Heres what the government doesnt want you to know

Welcome to America land of the free and home of the sheeple.

But soon It will be... "America, the land of the free and home of the slave." Oooops... I forgot we've been there, done that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join