It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite seen by naked eyes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Several months ago, I saw an object located very high on a clear sky in afternoon. The object size was like a star and it was stable on the sky. I suspected it may be UFO but later I guessed it may be just a satellite.

Is it possible to see satellites on the sky just by naked eyes?

River

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yes it is.

One more line for some extreme quality content.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yup. Satellites will look like a tiny sphere moving across the sky at a fairly decent clip. As long as its speed remains constant and its trajectory straight, there is no reason to assume anything unusual.

Also, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What are satellites?

One more line for some extreme quality content.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
yes you can see thier REFLECTION , google "iridium flares" fro details

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes you can see them with the naked eye.Esp.if you are away from industrial lighting.They look like slow moving stars thats has the reflected light off the sun.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick reply! I feel a little bit disappointed if it was just a man made satellite.

I just googled some information that it is not easy to see a satellite in daytime under bright sunlight (3:XX pm), so it's still possbile a UFO!

River

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by riverchan

Yes it is. Its just unlikely if it was moving slowly and straight. Was it?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think the ISS is most visible of all satellites. I know sometimes when it's supposed to go straight overhead of an area there will be some small announcement of it so people can watch.
Where is Jack Horkheimer when you need him?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I just stared at it for less than 3 minutes. It was stable, no movement at all, and then I walked away!
I should stay longer next time.

River

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
so about a week ago at about 9:30 in the morning i noticed in the west a bright star. I thought it was a satellite. it moved north, moved back south, then slowly started moving east and as it was about over head it increased in speed and disappeared. Could that have been a satellite? because im hoping i saw my first UFO.

top topics

join