It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Prompter, Obama Can't Speak

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The videos are quite amusing if I do say so myself. Though it could be anything really. Not much you can say with that, but I enjoyed watching the casual stumbles.

On the second one he seemed to be lying about the 48 hours because near the end his voice goes lower and says,"so yeah." I have to say, and I'm just saying no need for anyone to shout nay and call my a liar like some people have been in this thread to other. I do that when I'm trying to get out of a lie with my mother. I will always think of some fib so I can exit the room quickly and my voice will go lower and I will say yeah, but that seems to be a natural response with people who shake things off and find themselves stumbling over their words.
That is just my opinion, you don't have to take anything of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by dariousg
He says he will continue to give big oil the tax breaks and even increase the ones they currently have.
Even though they are raking in record breaking profits year in and year out. Okay, there are some facts.

Am I supposed to take your word for it or will you provide a link?
If true, so what?
Do you know how business works? Apparently not. You should really try and learn on your own before spewing liberal propaganda.

Look, big companies don't pay taxes because they pass them on to the consumer via the price of the whatever product they produce. So if you take the tax breaks away from big oil, guess what, they will pass that tax to you as an increase in gasoline. Is this what you want? Do you want higher gasoline prices?
You do realize 'big oil' only makes 8 cents per gallon of gas right? Is that excessive? Of course not. They make their profit from quantity of product and not price.

This is not a thread about McCain or about me teaching you the basics of the economy so please try and stay of topic. Thanks!

Please cite the 8 cent per gallon info.

I found this link that seems to have some useful information:

auto.howstuffworks.com...

I am aware that there are other industries that have larger profit margins than oil companies, ie, big pharma. And the truth of the matter is that oil speculators have more to do with the price of oil than anything.

Part of our energy problems are because no one wants to invest money into alternative energy research. There are very few industries that have the finances to invest heavily into alternative energy. Our govt is not providing enough money for research and they thought that by giving oil companies tax breaks that they would volunatarily take some of that excess money and invest in alternative energy but guess what, the oil companies took thier profits and invested them in higher salaries for top level execs. Why would a company invest in another product when they are raking it in with the current product. They have no incentive to research new forms of energy.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
At least Obama can do it with a teleprompter. Bush can't. And McCain? Well, maybe he needed a teleprompter when he said Al Qaeda was in Iran too.

I voted for Bush twice. No more. No McBush/McPain.

In the absence of Ron Paul, Obama talks about change. At this stage, change is better than the Status Quo.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by manticore]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Its no wonder he's ill prepared as a free-thinking speaker, sans speechs or prompter, his previous drug use has fried certain parts of the brain. Granted they may be infinitesimal when scanned by an MRI or CAT, but they have lasting effects that are now being seen and heard. Even MJ can do damage and in amounts people don't want to recognize.

Do you know that MJ for example causes 8 kinds of its own unigue lung cancer? Doctors can tell now.

I have 2 "dead spots" in the back of my cortex and sometimes I stutter now when I talk. I did some blow in the early 70s and now its coming back to haunt me. Don't think he's immune just because he's Black or running for President.

This means that in any discussions with other world leaders Obama is gonna have his Gefeckta-gazoink handed to him and have to come home with his Oooda-poppa-gyro between his legs. I predict that as a future president he will have the lamest duck presidency for a Democrat in US history right up there with Bushy Boy.

So its no wonder he can't talk freely. His past is hindering his present and will hinder his future. Trouble is, do we want to make it OUR future?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ron Paul >Mccain and Obama

Enuff said.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Isn't this to be expected? I mean, he's presented as the polar opposite to bush, and bush is a republican who can't say anything coherant ON prompter and briefed, is a democrat who can't talk without preparation a surprise? It's just party duality kicking in folks. Nothing to see here...

As long as someone with actual smarts is writing what he's reading there's still hope for america.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This thread has shown me how shallow and idiotic many Obama supporters are. When confronted with criticism, that their golden boy isn't perfect, they start grasping for straws and attacking Republicans.

Originally posted by manticore
In the absence of Ron Paul, Obama talks about change. At this stage, change is better than the Status Quo.

I can talk about change too. It's what I'd do to appeal to the widespread distrust in the status quo.

But all the talk in the world won't make anything happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That is true. I run my own business and can tell you it is stressful.

Now imagine running the biggest business in the world, the US Government. You are the CEO and Congress is the Board of Directors.

Some stated that being the President of the US is like sitting in a Barrell with people hitting the sides at all times.

It is that kind of pressure and decision making. You need someone who has an Iron Will under pressure in order to make good decisions (not rushed due to pressure).

A flip-flopper like Obama is highly subject to poor decisions under pressure. You have to be resolute and stick with it no matter what (goes for any important decision).

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here is why there is no way I could vote for John McCain.

He is going to veto my beer!!!

All in good fun.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

I notice that you point out how idiodic the obama supporters are because they are voting for change, yet you leave out the comments made about voting for McCain because they feel he is the lesser of two evils.

Both sides are corrupt, the only thing that Obama really has going for him is that his little time in washington up until this point give him the advantage of not being tied to as many lobbyists, as McCain, Clinton, or most other politicians. Corporations being treated as citizens is what is wrong with our system, lobbyists pandering to politicians for financial gain, and the conflicts of interest that exist within these relationships have done more harm to the US and the constitution than any one person.

Working to install a valid third party should be the goal of anyone who is disinfranchised with our current system.

Vote Nader
Vote Paul
Vote third party

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
I notice that you point out how idiodic the obama supporters are because they are voting for change, yet you leave out the comments made about voting for McCain because they feel he is the lesser of two evils.

No, I said many Obama supporters. Obama's kind of like a celebrity candidate, and nearly all supporters I've met like him for some superficial appearance or rhetorical promises rather than his policies and experience. He seems to be the idiot's man, in a sense.

McCain, I just can't see how the hell he got the nomination of the Republican party.

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
Working to install a valid third party should be the goal of anyone who is disinfranchised with our current system.

Vote Nader
Vote Paul
Vote third party

I don't think we could sustain a multi-party system, and personally, I think that the two-party system actually takes a lot of power from the parties. If you look at parliamentary legislatures, there are often three or more parties and the party has an enormous amount of power. Course, I don't even like the fact that parties exist.

And you can't (well, you technically can) vote Paul as he's Republican. Giving a vote to someone who isn't asking for your vote in the general election is really wasting it. At least give it to the guy down the block who wants it.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Who really cares if Obama stumbles here and there... It's the mans political message that counts and it's converting a whole lotta red heads!

It seems the Obama haters are grasping for anything to discredit this guy. One thing for sure... he can move people! Even in Hollywood, there are multible takes. But overall Barak is a strong confident motivator and just because he's black, doesn't mean he can free style like Jay Z. Oops... he can!

Comparing his speaking ability to Mc Cain, is like comparing a Harvard educated orator to a wimp toned used car salesman. The real story here is... McCain's speaking abilty? He starts off... then there is this uncontrollable toothy smile... accompanied by a wild, eye poping, gaze.

SCARRY JERRY!!

WTF... the med's kicked in too soon huh?? A flashback of being tortured?? or is it an attempt for him to look youthful, bright-eyed & bushy tailed??

Ask anyone reporting from the MSM who has the speach impediment.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hitler was a far better speaker than this Manchurian candidate. I dont think Obama is that intelligent, in fact he looks stupid almost as stupid as bush.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Repubs and dems are both stupid.

And they all enojy the company of little boys.

prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well in response to the OP, I must say that in my opinion Obama cant speak well without time to prepare.
What does this say about his character or intelligence?
Not much.
What does it say about John McCain?
That he has a good campaign team. Obamas weakness in "spur of the moment" public speaking is why the McCain camp wants to have 10 Town Hall debates.
Why?
Well, while John McCain is not the best speaker in the world himself, it does level the playing field quite a bit when it comes to dealing with Obamas significant "prepared" speaking skills, which is without a doubt his strong point.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Maybe he was talking about how Obama hadn't had much sleep in 24 hours... which could easily be why he didn't speak perfectly like he usually does.

Also the fact that he speaks just fine when not using a teleprompter... as proven by one of the other repliers.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by ericds]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Umm...did anyone actually watch the 1st video? Someone was yelling while he was trying to get his message out. Distracting much?

Not particularly, especially not if you are a real public speaker. >Pause. Wait for idiot to stop. Continue<

And I'm sorry, are we really going to qualify the President based on speaking ability?

Would be a good start.

George W sure set the standard there!

Exactly.

Obama is a great speaker, period. I challenge ANYONE here to go for a year strait, give THOUSANDS of speeches on NO SLEEP and try and do half the job Obama does.

Except that he didn't give thousands of speeches. He gave a number of speeches many times over. Giving him many rehearsals. He needed everyone to hear him make the same point, not many different points.

For shame...

Yep.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You really need to credit your sources for your quote, that is unless you right copy for the Obama campaign. Somehow that first section just didn't sound like something that came out of your own mouth.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Bush, can't even speak with a prompter, so what's the big deal?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join