It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Prompter, Obama Can't Speak

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
could you, please, first look at the YT video I posted? Then, comment on it?

First of all, thanks for torturing me by having to watch the entire Oberdufus video before getting to Bush.
The Bush snippet was obviously a joke. Bush was being facetious so I don't see what point that snippet makes. Another note is that I have no idea what the context was since whatever was asked or spoken before and after that quote was removed.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

a majority? ok.. since 2007. and since jan 20, 2007, the day the actual majority of demos took over... 62 vetos by republican senators, the most of any congress in the history of this nation. where are the facts located for your post. your turn to do some simple reseach

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Fair enough. I'm not a Democrat. I thought you were speaking of the many laws that I felt should have been passed that were intentionally veto'd by this president. So I apologize for misunderstanding your post.

Yes, there have been a few laws passed in which I was confused that the president didn't veto. It's almost as if he is doing this on purpose. To kind of say, "See what your Democrats in congress passed?"

You understand what I am getting at? If the laws were so offensive to him and the republicans then why would he let them pass?

I guess we could go back and forth on this all month, even all year. It's about Republicans and Democrats when it should be about Americans. This is why I sincerely believe that there MUST be a third party. Then again, the corruption and buyouts would him them too so I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Edit: Changed the word democratic to democrat.
I'm not a democrat.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by dariousg]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

your the one that brought up the democratic congress passing anti-privacy laws. take responsiblility for what you post and quit trying to pass it off

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well let us hope if we have catastrafic event in the US Obama can take time out to sleep,otherwise he is an idiot,is that what you are saying.I was thinking of Obama as prez but people like you that make these lame excusies for him make not want to be a part of this joke.Obama does not have to do or say athing,his follers are doing him in just fine.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
a majority? ok.. since 2007. and since jan 20, 2007, the day the actual majority of demos took over... 62 vetos by republican senators, the most of any congress in the history of this nation. where are the facts located for your post. your turn to do some simple reseach

** SIGH **
You missed the point entirely AGAIN!
Your Democratic Controlled Congress can pull the funds for any of the things you mentioned in your previous post like the Patriot Act. But they don't. You cannot blame this squarely on Republicans because your Democrats are going along with it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

don't apoligize for what you catch him lying about. HE should be defending what he says,and what bush has done. he does not respect the many reasonable and convincing links you have put forth.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

your the one that brought up the democratic congress passing anti-privacy laws. take responsiblility for what you post and quit trying to pass it off

Jimmy, you are embarrasing yourself again.
You said and I quote:

your the ones responsible for creating a quasi-police state that infringes on every part of americans privacy....i could go on but i'm getting tired of typing

I responded to this statement by YOU JIMMY. This is what I mean when you cannot see the truth right in front of you because you are brainwashed by liberal propaganda. Focus Jimmy, Focus!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

** SIGH **
You missed the point entirely AGAIN!
Your Democratic Controlled Congress can pull the funds for any of the things you mentioned in your previous post like the Patriot Act. But they don't. You cannot blame this squarely on Republicans because your Democrats are going along with it.

uhmm... no they cannot pull the funds and no they did not go along with it, your lying again, but YOU will have to find out why...HINT: FILIBUSTER & VETO

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

don't apoligize for what you catch him lying about.

Please tell me what I lied about? I can't wait for this.

HE should be defending what he says

I did and proved you wrong everytime.

and what bush has done.

Huh? What?
Why do I have to defent Bush?
I'm not a Republican and I disagree with Bush on numerous issues.

Unfortunately, you have Bush derangement syndrome and cannot be helped. Plus, again, this thread is not about Bush.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

uhmm... no they cannot pull the funds and no they did not go along with it, your lying again,

Are you delerious? How am I lying?

Then answer this question:
Why can they not stop the funding? Waiting?
They could stop the funding immediately. They have not even tried.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

pot, black, kettle on the last sentences...it is useless, but it has been entertaining, whattheory ..... now i got to go and earn a living

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just like the "Dub-yah" master himself- Obama can't speak publicly if at all without alittle help.

If one person on that first video is screaming and he can't think. Whats he gonna do when the nation's screaming all at once? How's he going to think then?

A president should be able to think for themselves. Hence why its a one-person job. Sure you have supporters that assist you- but they shouldn't be doing your job here by writing your speeches on a teleprompter. Thats a bad quality for such a "trustworthy" candidate.

Wrong man for the job. So is Mccain. So was Hillary.

I've seen people who haven't slept in 72 hours speak better than he does. Your a presidential candidate- don't use the "didn't get enough sleep" excuse to cover your rambling and stumbling. Your talking to thousands of people and your daydreaming during your own speech. I'm tired of people making excuses for this man. Hes running for president. He needs to be grilled right now- especially if he becomes president because he'll be getting it from all angles, all over the world on a daily basis.

So far this just proves my theory that any idiot can be president.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Everybody has opinions. We want facts. I think McCaine has a great personality. I would vote for the guy if he was not in the pocket of big oil. I'm stuck voting for the guy who sounds best when reading off the teleprompter.

I was not aware that we had to choose between one of the two. I guess I need to get with the program.
Also, if you think Obama isn't in big oil's pocket you are fooling yourself.

reply to post by groingrinder

It's better to try and make change from within instead of being a independistooge or a libertaristooge who are doing nothing but whinning.

This attitude is the reason our political system is corrupt. If you vote for the lesser of two evils.... you are still voting for evil.

I will hold my nose as I vote for McCain.

So don't complain about the smell when he takes office.

What the hell? It sounds like that Manchurian Candidate programming hit a glitch. The Bilderbergs better hit the reset button on their candidate and make sure the reprogramming at least makes Obama seem passionate and knowledgeable about the policies he believes in.

Haha

I do not care if Obama can speak or not. He is a pawn; as is McCain. I hate to see people attack him for such petty things when we have to worry about both parties trying to destroy freedom in this country.

Don't Vote 2008! At least I didn't ask for this crap.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
This attitude is the reason our political system is corrupt. If you vote for the lesser of two evils.... you are still voting for evil.

And not voting is going to accomplish what? Nothing!
It's still better to vote for the lesser of two evils and in my case, it's McCain. While I disagree with him on numerous issues, at least I agree on a few and that is better then not agreeing at all as with the other candidate.

So don't complain about the smell when he takes office.

Of course I will complain when I disagree with him when he takes office. Just because he believes in something I don't, does not mean he will get it passed.

Don't Vote 2008! At least I didn't ask for this crap.

And not getting involved, you will continue to do nothing. It's an easy out so you can say, "It's not my fault". Take a stand and stop sitting on the fence or standing in the middle of the road because that is the easiest way to get hurt.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

But you would be getting involved with corrupt politics. We do not need to be voting for evil vs evil.

We're such a brilliant species yet we still keep making the same mistakes and thing keep getting worse. When do we learn? Change will not come from them.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

your the ones responsible for creating a quasi-police state that infringes on every part of americans privacy....i could go on but i'm getting tired of typing

Huh?
Tell me, who has to actually writes the legislation, approves it and then funds the new policy or law? Answer: Congress, and who has the majority.................Democrats! So get off your high horse and realize that it is the Democratic led Congress which let everything you mentioned come to pass.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by WhatTheory]

Man, I'm not going to give the Dems a free pass for anything, but you do realize that Bush had a republican congress for 6 of his 8 year term. And that the Republicans had control of congress from 1994 to 2006.

In the last 28 years Reps have had a pres in office for 20 of those 28 years and in the last 18 years Republicans have had control for 14 years. So maybe you should take a look at where some of this responsibility lies.

I realize i'm not going to change the way you think or believe but you need to do some research before you start placing blame.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

uhmm... no they cannot pull the funds and no they did not go along with it, your lying again,

Are you delerious? How am I lying?

Then answer this question:
Why can they not stop the funding? Waiting?
They could stop the funding immediately. They have not even tried.

The Dems have to propose legislation to halt funding and it has to be approved by both houses and then sent to the president, who will undoubtly veto any such legislation, then it goes back to congress who need 2/3 to override a veto, which would require a large amount of Republicans to cross over to support said legislation and if they dont then the veto stands.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4

My observations prove that you are lying. Lying is not the way to bring us liberals over to your side.

Um, what is there to be lying about? The videos are right there. I'm not saying it has anything to do with his inability to speak, nervousness, or perform without a treat, but it is just an observations WhatTheory is speaking of. No need to go off and call it out to be a lie. He could just honestly be nervous, but I'm not saying he is and I am not saying he is not, because we wouldn't really know it. You just have to be on it and find videos like this. If you notice he seems to be quite caught up with his speech and searches for the words on a machine or if he has an earpiece there may have been some static. Equipment can be sensitive.

Nothing to lie about is all I'm saying

[Edited for the love of English grammar]

[edit on 10-6-2008 by UnforgiveableSin]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Do you work for any of the other liberal media?

Liberal media???? whats that, 90% of the media is owned by rich white males who own corporations......and they are liberal? I think not my friend.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join