Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Off Prompter, Obama Can't Speak

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just want to point out that this is why Obama doesn't go on any Fox news show or anything that is not scripted or prepared.

The Today show doesn't count because it is prepared and all the questions are known ahead of time.

I like Obama, I won't be voting for him, but I like the guy, this isn't a "hit" piece on my part, it's an observation.

Obama is a pretty good orator (John Edwards is better) when he is looking at a teleprompter or reciting prepared speeches. Once he is asked a question or needs to give a two-part answer he stammers a LOT. I have heard more than a few radio interviews where he stammers so much I want to finish the sentence for him. Add to that the somewhat "angry" tone he has often and he comes across as an average (or typical) politician.

NOTE: John Edwards, who I also DO NOT support, is a master at the one on one interview, that guy is a quick thinker, who has REAL answers. HE is an AWESOME speaker. I dont agree with his message but he has my respect.

The left will not acknowledge the point of Obamas lack of on the spot oratory skills because they so desperately want JFK #2, even he was not all that great when the prepared statement wasn't in the bag.

The proof that the left will not even entertain the notion is the immediate habit of comparing him to George Bush or just saying "BUSH"
It's typical avoidance and misdirection.

YES BUSH SUCKS!

For all of you chomping at the bit to compare the two...
We know that, bush makes me cringe when he speaks, I get all embarrassed for America, but we are not talking about BUSH.

Obama is just not that great a speaker and I believe within the span of the general election we will see more of it and it WILL be lampooned on SNL.

Face it. He's an average politico.

edited for my poor grammar

[edit on 11-6-2008 by gormly]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

The only problem with his plan to save the American way of life is that is destroys the American way of life in the process.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
This thread is a fine example of the excellent cooperation betweed Republistooges and Demostooges that keeps anything from getting done the way the taxpayers would like it.

If you want REAL change, you have to vote for somebody who is NOT A DEMOSTOOGE OR A REPUBLISTOOGE! Anything else is just the same tired old crap.

At the end of the election, you always hear about how the Demostooges won, or how the Republistooges won. YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD SOMEBODY SAY THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE WON. I wonder why?

I wanted to quote this guy because it needs quoted. The American people have never won. Its time that we start voting independent.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I couldn't stop laughing when I heard this and him saying he was lacking sleep doesn't mean it was true.He simply could of been covering his butt for his sheeple.No prompter makes him about as bright as a burned out light bulb.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm guessing one way or another he's not getting his "feed". IE what to say. "I can't hear myself think." sounds like I can't hear my master's voice.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
John McCain is a rich, republican, elitist, but he's also a decorated veteran and a former POW. I know he loves his country, and would never betray it. He's sweated blood for it and probably endured more pain and humiliation as a POW, than you or I together could imagine in defense of it.

I respect his military service, I really do. But never, ever, ever, ever, EVER underestimate the greed and willingness of a politician to betray his own for personal benefit.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

The same argument with Bush? Bush's speaking manner is a trivial part of his overall awfulness

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
look.. debating the issues with the obama bashers severly limits their ability to move their lips. haven't you seen by these posts that the same old tired lies are coming out. the only new ones will be about his race.

This statement really shows how brainwashed and misled you are by whatever liberal media you watch or listen to. In fact, it's rather sort of humorous. For starters, it's the Dem's which constantly bring up race. Secondly, this thread is not here to go over every political issue point by point. By all means, start a thread and pick any issue which Obama supports and I guarantee you will lose any debate because most, if not all, of his positions are wrong and dangerous and can easily be proven so. Obama and his supporters are the ones who do NOT want to debate issues because they know his positions are illogical, wrong and are nothing but dredged up garbage from the Carter years.

name-calling and fear-mongering are what right-wingers are made of. and this is what your going to hear from them for the next 5 months.

Actually, I hear nothing but points countering his issues. You do realize that his character flaws and dubious relations with terrorists and anti-american preachers is not name calling or fear mongering when they are true.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Beaten to it, but as I'm no Obama fan, I feel I get to add my two cents...

Originally posted by jetxnet
Way to try and make light of some rather serious character flaws.

These, however, are more realistic and why Obama should not be POTUS and cannot be trusted:

1. Racist Radical Pastors (disowning them now - of course)

Ok.

2, Refusing to Wear American Flag (wearing one now - of course)

Storm in a teacup. Find something real.

3, Friends with Domestic Bomber Ayres

Yes, and? When was the guy a domestic bomber?

4. Disowns his Church

Make up your mind. First you attack him for not disowning his religious associations, now you attack him for doing it. Doesn't make you look entirely rational.

5. Racist Wife

Ok.

6. In 1991 Pledged Allegiance to the Black Value System (bet he placed his hand on his heart for this one)

In 1991 I pledged undying allegiance to Victoria Bitter. So what. That was 17 years ago. He was 29 years old and had just graduated from uni. The point here isn't that he pledged allegiance in opposition to the one for the nation, it's that he did it in opposition to his own mixed-race heritage. A man who now, loudly and repeatedly, claims to be living proof of post-race politics previously chose to identify most strongly with only one half of his racial identity and to do so publicly.

7. Choosing not to Place Hand on Heart during National Anthem

Big friggin' deal. Good God almighty but you Yanks make national crimes of the most trivial crap. Does he know the words? Does he sing them? Do you?

8. Muslim Upbringing

Utter garbage. Next you'll be saying someone who went to school with the Dalai Lama is suspect, what with all that heathen chantin' and a prayin' to false idols and no-one can possibly be that forgivin', it's just not Christian I tells ye...

9. Homosexual Sex Scandal

As real as "McCain started the Forrestal Fire" at this point.

10. Friendship with 16 Count Convicted Felon Rezko

Yes. Very disturbing. Perhaps also you should look at his friendship with Jim Johnson and what it says about his committment to ending the "old way" of doing things.

11. Citizenship and Family ties to Kenya

So friggin' what. Bush's monetary ties are to Saudi Arabia, a slightly more dangerous prospect to the US economy. Do you know anything about Kenya? Know who Jomo Kenyatta was? Daniel Arap Moi? The Mau Mau? Maybe Obama's citizenship of that former British colony and now Commonwealth of Nations member means he's actually a closeted Monarchist and he plans to bring the US back under the Queen's heel... What, exactly, can Kenya do to threaten the US?

12. Endorsement from Hamas

Right, so because someone else said Obama's a good guy, that means he asked them to say it? Time named George W Bush as Man of the Year. In '38 they did the same for Hitler. If Al Qaeda endorsed McCain that would mean what, exactly?

13. Not Enough Political Experience

Now you're talking about relevant stuff.

14. Votes Present more than Votes

So much for his "new way" of doing business...

15. Supports Killing the Unborn

Oh, Christ, would the bloody right-to-life crowd just take a hike already...

16. Ranked #1 Tax and Spend Liberal

Ah, yes, of course, now it's time for the right-wing dogma to come charging to the fore.

17. Campaign Promises that will Bankrupt the USA

As opposed to Bush, who has already bankrupted the USA by spending its money on foreigners. God I love listening to Republicans yak on about the evils of "big government" when it was Bush jr and his father's old boss who spent more on government than the Dems and Bush jr has ovrseen the greatest enlargement of government since the Pentagon was first advertising in the positions available column.

FYI, it was a Democrat who balanced the budget, genius.

18. Refusal to provide Birth Certificate as required for being POTUS

Quote the requirement.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Sounds like a democratic version of W.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
and George W Bush can speak?! Read Fraud by Paul Waldman. Obama is an good speaker, quiet, intellegent and more honest then most politicians including either Bush.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yeah, Obama's a greeeaaat speaker, thinking on his feet is truely a gift...

"Now look, the, the, ah, ah, ah, I mean the uh first of all uh I, I, I am not vetting my VP search committee for their mortgages so you're going have to uh d-direct... Well, nah I mean becomes sort of a... um... I mean this is a game that can be played everybody... It who is tangentially related to our campaign I think is going to have a whole host of relationships. I would have to hire the vetter to uh vet the vetter."

Brilliant!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Neither here nor there on the speaking ability of Obama.
I sometimes think it would be a good thing if our next president couldn't speak at all.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Text This is ridiculous, to sit here and point out someone apparent inability to speak. If you listen closely there is someone in the crowd trying to get his attention while Obama was making his point.

I'm sure we've all had long days, no coffee, or have been distracted and have a hard time putting "pen to paper" in a matter of speaking, when it comes to talking. The man has gone for 16 months, campaigning for 14 to 20 hours some days, on 3 hours of sleep. You can't expect someone running for office, or anyone to be perfect, Are you sure that you're not with out flaws?

A man running for higher office is with the one with the most faults.

OBAMA O8Text

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
and George W Bush can speak?!

We are NOT talking about Bush.
Bush is not running for President. This is about Obama's speaking ability or the lack there of.

Read Fraud by Paul Waldman. Obama is an good speaker, quiet, intellegent and more honest then most politicians including either Bush.

Who cares what Paul Waldman says?
I have never heard of him before. Why should I care what he says.
This is your problem. You need someone to tell you what and how to think instead of thinking for yourself.
I can see & hear Obama speak with my own eyes & ears and don't need someone to tell me what I should be seeing or hearing.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It's still better to vote for the lesser of two evils and in my case, it's McCain. While I disagree with him on numerous issues, at least I agree on a few and that is better then not agreeing at all as with the other candidate.

So McCain is evil. Thanks for the concession.

Of course I will complain when I disagree with him when he takes office. Just because he believes in something I don't, does not mean he will get it passed.

So you are willing to support evil with a vote, and then make futile attempts to sway his actions after you have given him all the power. That's a crazy idea.

And not getting involved, you will continue to do nothing.

Have I done nothing? Is actively advocating the removal of a corrupt system nothing?

It's an easy out so you can say, "It's not my fault".

Actually I am taking the hard way out because I have a lot of work to do, but you just sit on your couch and ask for a beating.

Take a stand and stop sitting on the fence or standing in the middle of the road because that is the easiest way to get hurt.

When was I ever in the middle of the road? How is thinking that our political system is corrupt middle of the road?

“If voting changed anything, they’d make it illegal.” -Emma Goldman

Embrace your serfhood. I am sure they are all just looking out for us anyway.

EDIT: GRAMMeRZ is suK

[edit on 12-6-2008 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

WhatTheory, I can also see McCain....McCrazy, McSame, and McBush, I can see himspeak....but.....I wrote that correctly...'himspeak' when he not once, not twice, not thrice.....but FOUR times didn't understand the difference between Shia and Sunni!!!

And his own pet dog, the LIEberman.....yes, I meant to write it that way...had to whisper in his ear, to correct him!!!

"My friends"......McIdiot has lost it. Eight years ago, he was viable.....now, just another panderer to the Religious Right, and the PTB.

Think about this, for one moment.....EIGHT years ago, McCain had a chance, and he was SWIFT BOATED by the Karl Rove juggernaut!!!! The very same pieces of garbage that want him in, now....as their pet!!!!!

Does NO ONE remember the hateful campaign, during the Republican Primary of 2000???

There is no difference, in Karl Rove style, between what they did to McCain in 2000, when he had a chance, and what they did to Kerry in 2004. Only difference is, they did it to THEIR OWN PARTY in 2000!!!

We'll avoid discussions about how the elections were stolen, save THAT for another thread.....

edit for others.....notice how the two 'fronted' candidates have very nice looking wives? 'course, Kucinich has one as well....maybe she's still got a shot!!

Oh, sorry....poor Bill looks really awful in a blonde wig and pantsuit.....that was his downfall!!!

[edit on 6/12/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

FINALLY!!! Someone on this site who is willing to bash McBush over Obama! You all say that Obama is still too "young" and knows nothing. Well, look at McCain, who is so clueless and senile that he can't get basic facts straight. Honestly, I give him credit for fooling all of us into thinking that he actually has anything left up there after the what, 400 years he's been around now?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Well, CaptainIraq...

Not wishing to give the wrong impression.....I really don't care for any of the choices we seem to be offered up....and, it's been that way since 1992....well, I THOUGHT Clinton was the way....but we have seen that path.

Yup, good Gov't, but Bilderberg connections....but that was THEN.....things are much, much worse, doncha think? After the Governor????

Funny....even the ones who didn't get put up this year, the ones who lost out.....NONE of 'em have any ideas!

Lots here, on ATS, LOVE Ron Paul....he is a Creationist! Just look it up on the internet. Kucinich....poor little guy, pretty wife! But, 'buzzzzzzz'!!!! NOT Good Enough!!!

What we have left, are two pretty wives.....Mrs. McCain, or Mrs. Obama!!

To bad, Bill looks so horrible in a blond wig and a pantsuit!!

So....my prediction...this 2008 Campaign will, at times, come down to the wives. Cindy versus.....and they will say this, mark my words...'What's her Name Michelle?

Let the better dress win!!!!!

[edit on 6/13/0808 by weedwhacker]

[edit on 6/13/0808 by weedwhacker]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join