It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Prompter, Obama Can't Speak

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When Obama does not have his teleprompter or his prepared and written speeches, he cannot speak and shows his true colors.
Those of you who gave Obama the Democratic nomination should be feeling bad about now considering your candidate is an idiot.

Here are two videos:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I've commented on his inability to speak without a teleprompter several times. His content and grammar gets really poor when he has to think independently.

Have you noticed how he tends to close his eyes as if he's in some kind of trance when he's speaking? It's possible he's just reflecting on what he trying to say as some have suggested, or maybe he simply forgot his lines..

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

apparently he talks here without a teleprompter or notes, and does so quite affectively....and your 2nd clip, at the end, shows Obama saying that he hasn't had much sleep in the last 48 hrs...gee...maybe that did have something to do with him stumbling and stammering a bit. do you work for FOX news?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
apparently he talks here without a teleprompter or notes, and does so quite affectively.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Katie gave him some difficult hard hitting questions.....NOT!

You do realize in most of these interviews the questions are known before hand so they have time to prepare.

and your 2nd clip, at the end, shows Obama saying that he hasn't had much sleep in the last 48 hrs...gee...maybe that did have something to do with him stumbling and stammering a bit.

Umm...no.
Gee, perhaps that was just an excuse in order to hide his inability to speak when he must think for himself.

do you work for FOX news?

Do you work for any of the other liberal media?

Pull your head out the sand man!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

My observations prove that you are lying. Lying is not the way to bring us liberals over to your side.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'll tell you what it looks like to me.

I've had experience doing presentations in which a small ear bud was placed in my ear so I could be given cues from the production table. This is the most confusing thing you can possibly imagine. When you're right in the middle of saying something and somebody blurts into your ear, "5 minutes to break" or "Mention the 5% proposed increase" you have almost no ability to speak coherently.

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama has some sort of small ear piece and was being talked to and had trouble speaking and listening at the same time.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

I've commented on his inability to speak without a teleprompter several times. His content and grammar gets really poor when he has to think independently.

Have you noticed how he tends to close his eyes as if he's in some kind of trance when he's speaking? It's possible he's just reflecting on what he trying to say as some have suggested, or maybe he simply forgot his lines..

and what...McCain is some grand orator??....c'mon, your picking at nits, let's just see what proposed path, put forth by each candidate, deals with the underlying problems, at this specific time in americas history.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
My observations prove that you are lying.

My observations prove otherwise. So I guess you are saying that the videos were faked and he really did not act so stupid right? Umm....it's not lying when I provided proof and I could post an entire page of such gaffs. I guess you don't know what lying means.

Lying is not the way to bring us liberals over to your side.

A) As stated above, it's not lying.

B) My intention is not to bring liberals to my side. My intention is to show how inept your candidate really is. I could care less what side you are on.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Oh, you are just namecalling. How childish.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, goes to show what happens when you let a JC Penny catalog model run for president.

I've never liked him much, and he's never struck me as being very well spoken either.

And go figure, I have to vote for him now. *sigh*

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

and what...McCain is some grand orator??....c'mon, your picking at nits, let's just see what proposed path, put forth by each candidate, deals with the underlying problems, at this specific time in americas history.

We are not talking about McCain so try and stay on subject.
Besides, most liberals always point to how Bush cannot speak, well I guess it's different when the shoe is on the other foot. When its the liberal candidate who is an 'idiot', we are supposed to stay on topic and ignore it right?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4

Oh, you are just namecalling. How childish.

What? Huh?
Can you comprehend what you read?
What did I say that you would consider namecalling?
Or is this a lame attempt to divert attention from the subject at hand because you are embarrassed.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Umm...did anyone actually watch the 1st video? Someone was yelling while he was trying to get his message out. Distracting much?

And I'm sorry, are we really going to qualify the President based on speaking ability?

George W sure set the standard there!

Obama is a great speaker, period. I challenge ANYONE here to go for a year strait, give THOUSANDS of speeches on NO SLEEP and try and do half the job Obama does.

For shame...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
And I'm sorry, are we really going to qualify the President based on speaking ability?

Yes, since liberals use the same argument with Bush. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Obama is a great speaker, period.

Hmm.....I guess the videos are faked right? Because I don't see it along with all the other videos out there.

Plus, lets not forgot all these other classics:

Obama gaffes

More Obama Gaffes

This is just too funny. All these slips and gaffes and he has not even been to the Democratic convention yet.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

About Barack Obama
United States Senator for Illinois
Barack Obama has dedicated his life to public service as a community organizer, civil rights attorney, and leader in the Illinois state Senate. Obama now continues his fight for working families following his recent election to the United States Senate.

Sworn into office January 4, 2005, Senator Obama serves on the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, which oversees our nation’s health care, schools, employment, and retirement programs. He is a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, which plays a vital role in shaping American policy around the world, including our policy in Iraq. And Senator Obama serves on the Veterans’ Affairs Committee, which is focused on providing our brave veterans with the care and services they deserve. In 2005 and 2006, he served on the Environment and Public Works Committee, which safeguards our environment and provides funding for our highways.

During his eight years in the Illinois state Senate, Obama worked with both Democrats and Republicans to help working families get ahead by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state. Obama also pushed through an expansion of early childhood education, and after a number of inmates on death row were found innocent, Senator Obama enlisted the support of law enforcement officials to draft legislation requiring the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases.

Obama is especially proud of being a husband and father of two daughters, Malia, 9 and Sasha, 6. Obama and his wife, Michelle, married in 1992 and live on Chicago’s South Side where they attend Trinity United Church of Christ.

Barack Obama was born on August 4th, 1961, in Hawaii to Barack Obama, Sr. and Ann Dunham. Obama graduated from Columbia University in 1983, and moved to Chicago in 1985 to work for a church-based group seeking to improve living conditions in poor neighborhoods plagued with crime and high unemployment. In 1991, Obama graduated from Harvard Law School where he was the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

apparently, you seem to think that Obama is an "idiot"...4 year degree from columbia, masters degree from harvard law school, and president of the harvard law review....yeah...nothing but "idiots" accomplish that, right?

might it be?...uhmm...no, no, ...your a "proud american" with a GIF. waving american flag as your avatar...that certainly proves to me that you're for the freedom for anybody to become president...right?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Are you serious? First off, I am not a liberal. No the tapes are not faked.

You have a mere handful of gaffes over thousands of speeches. What is your point?

Did Obama get into Harvard for being an idiot? Can you explain why 10's of thousands show up to hear Obama speak?

You can;t even compare Bush and Obama in terms of speaking. Certainly not in terms of intelligence.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

apparently, you seem to think that Obama is an "idiot"...4 year degree from columbia, masters degree from harvard law school, and president of the harvard law review....yeah...nothing but "idiots" accomplish that, right?

Umm...that does not prove anything. What's your point?
That does not make him qualified to be President. He is totally clueless and nothing but an elitist.

might it be?...uhmm...no, no, ...your a "proud american" with a GIF. waving american flag as your avatar...that certainly proves to me that you're for the freedom for anybody to become president...right?

Sure, and he might be President. Your same argument holds true for me to not want him President and to be free to say such.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This thread is a fine example of the excellent cooperation betweed Republistooges and Demostooges that keeps anything from getting done the way the taxpayers would like it.

If you want REAL change, you have to vote for somebody who is NOT A DEMOSTOOGE OR A REPUBLISTOOGE! Anything else is just the same tired old crap.

At the end of the election, you always hear about how the Demostooges won, or how the Republistooges won. YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD SOMEBODY SAY THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE WON. I wonder why?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
You have a mere handful of gaffes over thousands of speeches. What is your point?

Umm....It's not thousands of different speeches. They use practically the same speech over and over and over again and each stop. Since repetition helps people learn, you would think he would not have so many gaffes. In fact, this proves my point further. Thanks!

Did Obama get into Harvard for being an idiot?

Umm....It's called money. There are plenty of idiots at these type of schools.

Can you explain why 10's of thousands show up to hear Obama speak?

There are numerous reasons.
One of them is that most are 'awed' by his style rather than substance. He does know how to give a good speech when he is reading it from a teleprompter. His speeches rarely have details or anything of substance and these people are only entranced by style.

You can;t even compare Bush and Obama in terms of speaking. Certainly not in terms of intelligence.

Sure I can and I did.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

and your 2nd clip, at the end, shows Obama saying that he hasn't had much sleep in the last 48 hrs...gee...maybe that did have something to do with him stumbling and stammering a bit.

I really hope that's not it. Is he going to get much more sleep if he's President? It's a 24/7 job and it's VERY stressful and it could very well be why Bush seemed like a decent orator until he became President. Think about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join