It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Prompter, Obama Can't Speak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

No, I don't think McCain is a great orator, but he's passable. Earlier in the year he made quite a few verbal blunders, but lately he has been doing well. I believe his problem was a medication issue that has since been resolved.

The debates will be very entertaining. You need to be able to think on your feet without any assistance, which will probably be a challenge for either candidate.

[edit on 6/10/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

It's better to try and make change from within instead of being a independistooge or a libertaristooge who are doing nothing but whinning.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

i agree with you...we'll just have to see who has the better vision to solve the problems we face here in america, hopefully, without the tired, and non-productive name-calling of the past

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

I have to vote for the fool too.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

the problem for the "right" is...if you take away the ability to call people derogatory names, it will severly limit their ability to speak
ok, ok, but i had to say that, my perverse try at humor overtook me for a moment.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Easy to be an armchair critic. Seems to me you are either pushing an agenda, or are just mean spirited in general. Especially if your only point is to say Obama is an idiot. Your posts remind me of a text version of those conservative radio shows where all the host does is shout down anyone who calls in. Why not just get it over with and run for office yourself? You must consider yourself a wonderful candidate for leadership, given how freely you pass judgement. For the record, I am not for either candidate. The attitude of the OP just bugged me.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

As in your last post, replying to yourself is the same as talking to yourself which is a sign of impending mental collapse.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

impending mental collapse
well at least YOU have a perverse sense of humor too.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dedalive
Especially if your only point is to say Obama is an idiot.

Since that was not my only point, I guess you did not read all the posts nor read any of the links. All the links and videos plus his politics does prove he is not the brightest bulb in the package.

You must consider yourself a wonderful candidate for leadership, given how freely you pass judgement.

So now you want to censor me or say I cannot voice my opinion. Got it!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Wow. Obama has really scared the pants of the conservatives. Rightfully so I guess. The real campaign hasn't even started and you guys are really digging deep to find any sort of dirt you can find.

Hate to say it, but you're going to need a bit more than a few gaffes on tape to make your argument.

See you in November!

[edit on 10-6-2008 by TruthWithin]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

It's better to try and make change from within instead of being a independistooge or a libertaristooge who are doing nothing but whinning.

I would rather bludgeon the beast from the outside. Not try to eat my way out of it's stomach.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dedalive

we are going to hear and see alot of this type of talk in the next few months...sad that some people will make a decision based on that type of rhetoric...but i don't see that changing much.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dedalive
Especially if your only point is to say Obama is an idiot.

Since that was not my only point, I guess you did not read all the posts nor read any of the links. All the links and videos plus his politics does prove he is not the brightest bulb in the package.

You must consider yourself a wonderful candidate for leadership, given how freely you pass judgement.

So now you want to censor me or say I cannot voice my opinion. Got it!

Everybody has opinions. We want facts. I think McCaine has a great personality. I would vote for the guy if he was not in the pocket of big oil. I'm stuck voting for the guy who sounds best when reading off the teleprompter.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

your right, truthwithin, desperation has set in for "camp right-wing", and i now will start a pool, on when the "N" word is going to "accidently" slip out by one of their talking heads, and in what medium...any takers?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Wow. Obama has really scared the pants of the conservatives.

Sorry, but it's just the opposite. Conservatives are glad and happy he will be the Democratic nominee because there is so much ammo against Obama, it would be funny if it were not so serious.

The real campaign hasn't even started and you guys are really digging deep to find any sort of dirt you can find.

I guess what you call dirt, most others call the lack of character and judgement.

Hate to say it, but you're going to need a bit more than a few gaffes on tape to make your argument.

I'm not trying to make anything. Just pointing out his obvious flaws. There have already been plenty of threads pointing out his relationships with others and his political views which are also suspect.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Okay????

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Everybody has opinions. We want facts. I think McCaine has a great personality. I would vote for the guy if he was not in the pocket of big oil.

Is that your opinion about McCain or fact? Since it's obvious that is your opinion, I guess you better stick to the facts.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by TruthWithin

your right, truthwithin, desperation has set in for "camp right-wing", and i now will start a pool, on when the "N" word is going to "accidently" slip out by one of their talking heads, and in what medium...any takers?

This statement of your proves how misguided and brainwashed you really are. You need to stop listening and visiting to liberal propaganda.

Again, those who lean to the right are really glad Obama is the nominee considering all his baggage. It's everything from his gaffes to his relationship with people who are scary and of course his damaging politics.

This has nothing to do with the color of his skin which I am sure will disappoint you. You do know that it was the republican party who actually supported and passed the civil rights act and the Democratic party was totally against it right?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

One thing I have noticed is that he does have a bit of trouble putting clear sentences together at times when he has to think it through.

However, I more on to the jabs thrown back and forth between Repubs and Dems. I just love how both sides use the term "pull your head out of the sand" freely. I think I have even used it on occassion. What I am getting at is that both sides must have their heads in the sand.

I get sick of people trying to belittle other people for the way they speak. I am going to lower myself to your level for a second here. Have you seen our current leader speak WITH a prompter? He's worse than Obama is without any day of the week.

Then I have an issue with you automatically dismissing the claim of very little sleep in the last two days. Well, how the hell do you know? Have you ever seen him in person or in other speeches? Find more video of a better variety of speeches before you take two like this from one day during a LONG AND HARD FOUGHT election process. Have you ever gone through that?

I'm not for or against Obama. I just can't stand people who attack others without legitimate cause. Plus, do you think that he just got lucky with his advanced degrees? Do you have any?

Just asking because if you don't have the same level of education as Obama and you are calling HIM an idiot.......

Well, you get what I am saying. (I think, unless the above is true...)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Everybody has opinions. We want facts. I think McCaine has a great personality. I would vote for the guy if he was not in the pocket of big oil.

Is that your opinion about McCain or fact? Since it's obvious that is your opinion, I guess you better stick to the facts.

Tell us then my friend what ACTIONS McCain has taken or said he will take that says otherwise? The proof is in the speeches. He says he will continue to give big oil the tax breaks and even increase the ones they currently have. Even though they are raking in record breaking profits year in and year out. Okay, there are some facts. Show us where he won't be for big oil?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join