It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Size It Please

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
you know what it is dont you? i dont know why theres any question as to why this happened at all.
its simple people

ATKINS DIET AND DR PHIL ARE TAKING OVER THE PLANET.

forget the greys, theseare more dangerous.

i swear, every restaurant i see, my favoirtes, the best of the best all have the same ad posted: ATKINS FRIENDLY FOOD SERVED HERE!

i cringe.

every radio station i hear, sucky, true, but still they all say: DR PHIL TONIGHT! LOSE WEIGHT!

i cringe yet again.

they are taking over the world.

we must work against them

fatties.....UNITE!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
LOL. No doubt.
Even McDonalds is offering 'protein platters.'

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Did anyone else see that KFC commercial a while back where they were portraying their fried chicken as a part of a healthy diet? It was bragging about how few carbs it had, and how high in protein it was, for atkins dieters...they of course left out the amount of saturated fat that can be found in each piece. Sad thing is some people on the atkins diet probably bought into it.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
you know what it is dont you? i dont know why theres any question as to why this happened at all.
its simple people

ATKINS DIET AND DR PHIL ARE TAKING OVER THE PLANET.

You hit the nail on the head with that one buddy! I'm so f*cking sick of every commercial and advertisement, not to mention every calorie counting, diet crazy wacked out nut job rejoicing about some stupid 'LOW CARB.' B.S. Everywhere you look now is 'LOW CARB.' this and that as if any of them really give a sh*t about your health. They all just want to jump on the band wagon so they can sell you some type of food to shuv down your fat f*cking throat.

Here is the sweet Irony about the situation that I've been waiting for though. It turns out that recent studies have found that people with a low carbohydrate level also have been showing a lower Seritonin level as well. It turns out that Seritonin production has something to do with the bodies carbohydrate intake in some way. So all these Atkins f*cks out there who are gorging themselves full of fat and protiens but No Carbs. to get skinny are going to end up THIN & DEPRESSED. I LOVE IT!!

Ironic that most people who suffer from depression usually compensate by eating junk food and overeating as well. I wonder if they'll all balloon back up again once they reach their ideal weight but are suffering from depression from low Seritonin and start to eat crap food again to feel better. It's either that or they'd better start checking into a good Prozac supplier to go along with that Sausage Breakfast and HamBurger with lettice for a bun 'LOW CARB' jerk off eating habit they've been sucked into.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hello to all of you. Let me introduce myself. I am a low carb person. I eat lots of veggies, everyday. I eat whold grain cereal, most mornings. Salads almost daily. I eat fruit daily, and yogurt. Low carb is not all bacon and eggs, but the media doesn't tell you that. If you saw my meals, you wouldn't even know I was......one of "them".
A low carb lifestyle eliminates or severly limits the use of white flour, white rice, sugar, corn syrup and certain starch veggies, such as corn and hite potatoes. Too much salt is bad, too.Many of of cannot digest these foods properly, and don't know it. They bloat us. They cause weight gain.

I'm sorry if you feel low carb is plastered all over and it is taking over. It's just the latest media and food industry darling. They're all jumping on the bandwagon, hoping to make a fast $$$.
They're ruining it, too. They're making it low carb convenience food heaven. Too many of these over-processed low carb foods, and people won't lose any weight. That's probably their ultimate goal...THEY don't want us buff and healthy. They want us addicted to all those carby foods. They want us so addicted that we are hungry soon after we finish a meal. They want us to sanck on donuts and candy bars. Thye want us to have diabetes.
Sorry, I just get a little irritated by all the false info out there trying to discredit a healthy lifestyle. GRRRRRR.

And, as for Dr Phil----please, look at him. He needs to lose a little himself. No role model there.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Hello to all of you. Let me introduce myself. I am a low carb person. I eat lots of veggies, everyday. I eat whold grain cereal, most mornings. Salads almost daily. I eat fruit daily, and yogurt.

These are all carbs..fruit and yogurt are basically all sugar, the rest are from fiber which is good.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
dont you think that doing the supersize thing is ridiculous in the 1st place.....1st of all i NEVER EVER get the supersize because i never finish it and stuff......2nd they waste money on make containers for super size when they make the most money with medium containers....well ive seen the stocks and it seems like mcdonalds is losing money...Wendy's is gaining money...so id say wendy rules....besides everyone at school likes wendy's and not mcdonalds

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Hello to all of you. Let me introduce myself. I am a low carb person. I eat lots of veggies, everyday. I eat whold grain cereal, most mornings. Salads almost daily. I eat fruit daily, and yogurt.

These are all carbs..fruit and yogurt are basically all sugar, the rest are from fiber which is good.

No kidding. That's my point. Low card DOES NOT mean no carb, guys!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what the media and others put out there to make you think low carb means eating a dozen eggs with a side of bacon grease.
I'll wager I eat more veggies that most poeple who think they eat healthy!

Fruit is not sugar, actually, it is fructose and fiber and a few other things. Different fruits had different glycemic values, and thus affect blood sugar differently. Things like oranges and bananas are low carb no-nos, because of the sugar spike associated with eating them. Berries, on the other hand, are allowable. They impact blood sugar little, have fiber and are generally good for you. Also, fruit in small amounts as a snack by itself is allowed.

When I say I eat yogurt, I'm not talking Dannon fruit on the bottom. I either make my own from whole milk or eat a Splenda sweetened non-fat yogurt in 6-oz cups.
Yogurt does have some lactose (milk sugar) but most of it is eaten by the culture. Only about 4 grams per cup is actaully carbs, the rest having been changed to lactic acid--given the yogurt its tang.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
An article regarding Mcdonalds in Canada...

McDonald's ends Super Sizing
Here, only the name changes
Largest fries cut by ounce in U.S.

DANA FLAVELLE
BUSINESS REPORTER

McDonald's Corp.'s Super Size servings, which included a seven-ounce package of French fries and 42-ounce soft drinks, have been the target of critics who blame fast-food companies for soaring obesity rates.

The move will have little impact in Canada where Super Size servings were never that large, a company spokesperson said later. McDonald's Canada has dropped the name Super Size from all its menus and renamed those portions "large," Ron Christianson said.

Canada always had smaller portions than the U.S. restaurants because of market research and partly because of business considerations, Christianson said. Canada is a smaller market and would be more expensive to serve with so many options, he said

article

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i got a book once called 3665 stupid things people do

on of them was this:

it is stupid to think that there is ANY way to lose weight other than eating less

i think this man is genius. the funny thing is that he's also got a phd in psychology
i love this man

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
yeah, i hate all of the people trying to cash in on the Atkins and Dr Phil Diets. I'm not trying to bash the NO carb eaters, I think that low carbs, like what DontTreadOnMe said, sounds way better than the Atkins, eat all the meat and fat you want. Now I will never give up my carbs, cause i love them, but i still don't think its anyone elses right to tell us what we can and cannot eat. I do think that if i hear "I'm on the Atkins Diet" one more time, I'm gonna puke

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I do think that if i hear "I'm on the Atkins Diet" one more time, I'm gonna puke

that would be the supermodel diet

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
lmfao, thats a good one tweeker

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
lewis black once said (no thisis not a direct quote,i dont remember the exact words)

hhhok so carbohydrates...all the stuff in bread, is bad for you. ok, so our FREAKIN FOOD PYRAMID HAS BEEN WRONG FOR ALL THESE YEARS????? THE PRIMARY STABLE OF MOST COUNTRIES FOR THOUSANDS OF GENERATIONS HAVE BEEN UNHEALTHY FOR ALL THIS TIME? Gosh, atkinds, why couldnt you have come sooner and saved us from our horrible fate?!:

HAHAHHAHHA! GOOD

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

lewis black once said (no thisis not a direct quote,i dont remember the exact words)

hhhok so carbohydrates...all the stuff in bread, is bad for you. ok, so our FREAKIN FOOD PYRAMID HAS BEEN WRONG FOR ALL THESE YEARS????? THE PRIMARY STABLE OF MOST COUNTRIES FOR THOUSANDS OF GENERATIONS HAVE BEEN UNHEALTHY FOR ALL THIS TIME? Gosh, atkinds, why couldnt you have come sooner and saved us from our horrible fate?!:

HAHAHHAHHA! GOOD

Haha, i could totally hear his voice while reading that. Atkins seems to be to be nothing more than a quick fix. Most studies done found you can achieve the same results with simply eating better and excersizing although the results are not so quick. Chances are the results will last longer if you alter your lifestyle instead of just altering the food you intake.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Atkins does not promote a NO CARB lifestyle. That is one of the myths spread by the LC detractors. Pick up one of his books. That would go a long way to dispel these MYTHS.
I am not saying low carb is for everyone, but it has help many to rebalance their metabolism.

There is NO NO carb diet.
And, diets don't work, you have to change the way you eat, for likfe.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

HAHAHHAHHA! GOOD

I love that guy, he truly cracks me up.

But, think about what he is saying.
The food pyramid has been wrong all these years. What do we know about this USDA scam---not much.

It is another govt scam. Do you know members of the USDA are representative of the corn and wheat industry? Can you see where their views my be skewed away from good eating habits?
Dont' take the food pyramid as a good thing. It is put out by the govt and lobbyists.

Question everything...why would we question taxation, UFOs and other govt things, and not what governs food in this country?

BTW, the USDA is preparing a revised pyramid. Should be interesting!?!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's disterbing that no one seems to be able to take responcibility for themselves anymore. This is true over the whole of American culture.

It is not a stem of the consumer nation, but rather of the "Immediate Need" situation.

Parents couldn't possibly face the fact that fat kids are their fault.

I will say it again, barring serious health conditions, which are much rarer than people think, FAT KIDS ARE THE PARENTS FAULT.

I find child obesity to be child abuse. It is exposing their kids to health problems, social abuse, low self esteem, and a fight to control their body for the rest of their lives.

It's abuse flat out.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
It's disterbing that no one seems to be able to take responcibility for themselves anymore. This is true over the whole of American culture.

It is not a stem of the consumer nation, but rather of the "Immediate Need" situation.

Parents couldn't possibly face the fact that fat kids are their fault.

I will say it again, barring serious health conditions, which are much rarer than people think, FAT KIDS ARE THE PARENTS FAULT.

I find child obesity to be child abuse. It is exposing their kids to health problems, social abuse, low self esteem, and a fight to control their body for the rest of their lives.

It's abuse flat out.

AMEN

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's good to see some corporate responsability considering it is a product packed full of heart attack juice already.

Most people connot control their habitual intake or lifestyle, as cigarettes have clearly demonstrated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join