It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Size It Please

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I was watching the news today, and I was quite surprised to see that McDonald's is doing away with their Super Size option.
edit:A Story Here

Why?? Can't we make our own decisions on what is good for us, and what isn't? First (at least here in NY) we loose our option to smoke in public places because it harms the people that work there, and the other guests. Well, if you don't want to inhale smoke, don't work in the smoking section!!! Now, fast food places like McDonalds, do away with Super Sizing because its bad for our health. You know what? If I wanna die from an overabundance of fat intake, I'm gonna supersize my meal. If I don't want to supersize it, I'm not going to!! So why take away the option?? We should make up our own minds on what is good for us and what is not.

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I was reading about this earlier. You'd think it'd be so easy for people to make that choice, but it seems like the whole mentality is that if it's not availible, they won't eat it, but if it is, they will.

If someone wants those extra fries then they'll have them, even if they have to ask for a separate order of fries.

Is this isolated to American restaraunts? Or is it everywhere?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I found an article where its in Canada too, here

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The only type of food I like is the kind that clogs my arteries, and now that I can't SUPER SIZE my meals I'm gonna have to get 2 of everything I normally order to get the same affect of a SUPER SIZED meal. This is a well devised plan to get more of my money.

But seriously, this isn't a HUGE deal. You can BIGGIE SIZE your stuff at Wendy's. They have better food there anyways. I agree with you when you say that we can make our own decisions on what is good for us and what isn't. I can personally eat anything and not gain a pound. Fast metabolism or something. After eating McDonalds SUPER SIZED meals for about 8 years, I have about 6% body fat and I never exercise. Ever.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

my god this crap is pissing me off, what the hell is wrong with this nation today we need government and lawyers telling us how to live even the most basic functions of our lives. does anyone take any personal responsibility for there actions anymore, or do we need someone to tell us fries are bad for us, so you cant have a larger size, smoking is bad for you so now you can pay five bucks for a pack of smokes, howard stern is a bad man so we will take him off the air. christ when is this gonna stop? if i dont want to be fat i wont eat the big fries, if i dont want cancer i wont smoke, and if i dont want to hear lord of the anal ring toss ill change the channel....come on people whats next?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
you and me both, i can't gain a pound. and i love it. i was reading a different article about this, and that one said that they are going to offer a meal, that has bigger servings, and just do away with the "would you like to super size that today" slogan. but still, it should be our choice!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio

But seriously, this isn't a HUGE deal. You can BIGGIE SIZE your stuff at Wendy's. They have better food there anyways.

I agree, I think Wendy's has much better food. I wonder how long it will take for Wendy's to stop offering this? lol

As for the soda, not offering the supersize soda's in some resaraunts here won't have much effect when you fill the drink yourself. If you want more, you can always go get some.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Damn im glad you told me that I can still biggie size at wendys.....Wendys is better anyway...

This is rediculous though...let the fat people or who ever die if they cant stop themnselves from over eating...let them kill themselves if thats what they choose..survival of the fittest[litterally this time lol]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
McDonald's cares about your health now??

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It is going to be incredibly unhealthy any size you get. Personally, I don't care, I haven't eaten at Mcdonalds in about 5 years.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
OK so now everyone is hooked on the super sized fries. So they're getting rid of them. Everyone is going to buy two of the regular size fries now. They're not going to cut down. It's like a smoker going from a pack to 10 a day, it's not going to happen most of the time. Once you're hooked you're hooked. So then they sell more stuff and the people get fatter and more hooked on the fries than they were to begin with. The stock price goes up and everyone with the stock makes more money and the supplier gets fat too. Just a thought. An alternate viewpoint. Back to work I go.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Anyone interested in a little wager as to whether or not this movie, Super Size Me
had anything to do with McDonalds change-of-heart???????

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

but still, it should be our choice!

Not really, McDonalds have every right to do anything with their products.

I don't think we should worry about McDonalds cutting its products, when we have much worser things to worry about : Bush getting re-elected!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

but still, it should be our choice!

Not really, McDonalds have every right to do anything with their products.

I don't think we should worry about McDonalds cutting its products, when we have much worser things to worry about : Bush getting re-elected!

true, we do have to worry about that, surfup, but it just pisses me off that they want to change the way WE eat. they do have the right to do what they want, but I feel that its wrong

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's kind of funny seeing how America is so full of fat people...and here are the fast food Americans coming to defend to the death their right to Supersize fries and drinks at mcdonalds...

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This sucks. I love Super-Sizing, and Im not fat.

What about us skinny people?

What about the fat people that just dont care?

It could be a way for them to make more money.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
it may seem like an easy choice, dont wanna die at 35? dont super size! duh....but its so hard....."just a quater more...just a quarter..." those dag drive thru employees are the reason i cant stay on a diet!

instead of doing away with the super size option in its entirety, they should simply make it illegal for employees to ever use the phrase, "Just a quarter more for Super Size!"

then everything would be good, and only the people "in the know" would know about the...cough cough SUPER SIZE MENUcough cough.....its undercover.....

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I heard about this, and it pisses me off....

Why?

Well, my wife can't eat much food (stomach stapling and all) She's lost around 180 lbs!!!

So, I can get a value meal, supersized, and it's enough food for BOTH of us....

Can't do that anymore....damn.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
610 calories in a super size fry. Now I can really know im a slob after I eat 20 nuggets and a super sized fry. Its no wonder why people get fat. Im sure if you ate one of those a day on top of your regular meal youd be a goat in a month, maybe.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well your not supposed to eat a super sized meal at mcdonalds on top of your regular diet..Of coarse you will get gigantic if you eat like that...

but whos responsibility is it watch your weight?? its not mcdonalds job to watch peoples weight...

I can see the nightmare of government involvment in our diets before to long...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join