It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you choose that particular name ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
All the posts about avatars made me think of the different names people have here.

Why did you choose the name you use in ATS/BTS ?

I chose mine because it means 'Of Ireland', which is where I was born.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
worldwatcher...cuz that's what I do

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I once had 2 miniture venus flytraps. One was named Jonna (male) the other Kya (female). Alas they both died so on some other forms my name is The Ghost of Jonna. Boo!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
BlackJackal because I have always used it...... It is a reference to Anubis, Egyptian God of the Dead, who was always potrayed as a Black Jackal.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Mine was actually a name for a character I planned on playing in a (likely now defunct MMORPG called Horizons...). The character was going to be an Orc shaman...

Since then, I've used it because it's never taken, hehe...so I can usually register it as a username...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
chose mine because I work in the Elevator industry and by using elevatedone, it could mean work related or elevated about the events, conspiracies, etc....

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My original name was Colonel Fury and my avatar was his profile. All I did was yell at America haters on foreign websites, defenbding America. Then, Bush won and I became ashamed.

So, after gettting banned from certain foreign websites for being too abusive. I came here..formerly repugunantland...and son=meone was already named Fury. So, I became The Colonel. But, I couldn't handle the repugnats. I couldn't handle it. I changed my avatar to Huey from the Boondocks and have been on a crusade agaisnt repugnants ever since.

Almost suffering the perma ban on ATS, I rose up to become mod, taking down repugunants left and right on the way.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
hmmmm......
Well, damn, I fergot.

//////////////////~~~

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
My name is SUPPOSED to be Area51mafia...sicne thats what im known as all over the net...but i #ed up the email...so i had to choose this...dreamlandmafia....and ima go back to my regular avatar in a few days....this is buggin me...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Mine, because when i get mad I spit venom. And I have a fondness for reptiles.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Because I'm from Pixyland and thats where the Piskies live

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
All the mnames I wanted were taken. I wasn't too happy about that so, I chose, NotTooHappy. That and, I'm pissed off alot.

[Edited on 3/3/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My nickename is Lobo but that was taken so I used the words from my Lobo (Wolf) tattoo that says "what the # run amuk"

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Mine was actually a name for a character I planned on playing in a (likely now defunct MMORPG called Horizons...). The character was going to be an Orc shaman...

Since then, I've used it because it's never taken, hehe...so I can usually register it as a username...

I thought Horizons is still around... but who wants to play PVE all day?

World of Warcraft baby!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
btw, I think mine is self explainitory.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I know its hard to come up with original topics, so I wont pissy like I usally do with a repeat of a topic, but please try to use the search function. Thank you.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Mine? Well, 99% of the people that contact me get it wrong...but...

Zeddicus "Zedd" Zul Zorander is a great character in a series of books by Terry Goodkind. I liked it so what the hell.

I get called everthing...ZZZ, Zad, Zol, Zoo, Zed, whatever. It's cool with me. It all works. I am just amazed people don't read the Zedd on the avatar.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There is actually a thread about this already, but carry on.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I really dislkike the nick-name Danny, because it has two n's and looks crap, so I changed it to Dany.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have used this or a variation of it from day one on the internet.

top topics

join