It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting character in my ER has me spooked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have some feeling that this will end up being another one of those threads.....*sigh*...........big statements=no proof....IMHO

I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Great post MD
Very interesting!

All I can say though is that if these predictions you refuse to post until they happen have anything to do with the possible health and safety of the general public, as a DR and a human being, don't you feel you have an obligation to at least warn people and possibly save lives? Hippocratic Oath and all.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Actually, having known a few doctors in my time, I can emathize here. Most MDs are very fact oriented. Everything is cause and effect; if you can work backwards from the effect, you can find the cause.

To someone with MD's background and training, such a thing as this would be a shock of major proportions. It would go 180 degrees against everything they had been taught and believed.

Part of what MD must be dealing with, provided this is all un the up-and-up, is a major re-adjustment of his world view. Whereas many of us have been exposed to a wide variety of "odd ideas", someone in his position might need some time to swallow all of this. Even though he was the one it happened to.

Just practice some patience here, and hopefully we'll learn more.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Here is a conspiracy, maybe this thread was a cheap ploy to get some quick points!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

To do what with? Make a down payment on a new Caddy? Points tend to show dedication and consistancy, and a certain amount of distilled respect. how would a hoax get respect, and what would points matter?

Nope, can't see that one. i might go for hyping some new movie or game on the horizon, though it seems pretty far fetched at this point.

All we can do is wait and see where this leads.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Heck yeah!!!! It was just a little joke... After all I am the JesterMan..

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I feel as though Im in the middle of reading a great novel , than as I turn the page, I find the ending has been torn out,,,,

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hoax or not, a very entertaining story.
I'm going to echo someone else's queston, will these predictions effect the average person?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

I agree. Its like sitting all the way through a great movie and the last 10 mins are scratched off the dvd.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

So, it looks like nobody cared for my TRV comment.

Too bad, I'm sure that's it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterychicken

In my opinion of course the patient has a reason why he told MD, all MD has to do is to figure out what is the patient's (or his boss') intention.

As for the predictions themselves, I don't think you really want to know. Perhaps it's better if you do not know at least for now. I'm just gonna guess here, the patient is not of caucasian descent (hence the odd language). And the prediction has something to do with you as a nation. And I can see the relation with Obama winning the election. He'll be the first non caucasian to be the US president, that is a big deal, much more than people realized.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Want a real story?

I'm backtracking the Boulder news looking for the accident. And here's a guy who is in jail on charges of abusing a telephone! Okay, so that's not the entire story.....

A 20-year-old man was booked into the Boulder County Jail after police said he jumped in front of a woman's car, reached into her window to try to grab her breast, tossed her cell phone across the pavement and then began strangling her.

In the end, he strips naked and runs away! But there is a picture. Might be the same guy.....

Source

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Well what if the patient had told him knowing he will come here and warn/tell the rest of us? If he can predict the future then surely he would have wanted the doctor to tell us, wouldn't he?...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BoulderMD

I'm not sure why your not posting his predictions. This is ATS, doom and gloom is the stuff this site is made of. Nearly every other thread here is a warning that the end is nigh, so another one really isn't going to cause any problems. Some of the people here thrive off of doom and gloom, so you wouldn't be scaring anyone.

Its also the only way to prove that your not hoaxing, if the guy predicts something verifiable and it comes true.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
BoulderMD,

First of all, my hat is off to you on a wonderfully written tale. It reads like an "edge-of-the-seat-thriller". I could see such a story made into a "Twilight Zone"-type of show episode, or maybe even a movie.

Secondly, of course your story is 100% fiction. I will tell you and everyone else here why. My next statement will likely get many rocks thrown my way, but so be it. NOBODY KNOWS THE FUTURE. PERIOD. Oh, sure, people can claim to know the future and make predictions, but they are merely guesses, educated or otherwise. Some may even come true. Hey, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but absolutely nobody can KNOW the future in specific detail.

KNOWING the future would create the same paradox as time travel. In time travel, you could go back to a short time before you were born and kill your mother. How is it then you exist if your mother wasn't alive to give birth to you?

Similarly with "knowing" the future, if you "knew" you were going to get in a car accident the next day, would you get into a car? Of course not and then the future that you "knew" wouldn't happen after all, which would mean that you didn't "know" it to begin with.

And since this "patient" is a fictional character, it explains why you have no more predicitons to share with us. Oh, sure, you can rattle off some that have supposedly already come to pass. I can rattle off 1000 "predictions" about what has already happened with 100% accuracy. Anybody can do that. If your story were true (which it can't be because of my previous point), surely you would have dropped 1 of his future predictions, even a small one, to verify your story and authenticity. Of course, you dare not post a prediction for fear of being exposed.

Entertaining? Absolutely. Believable? Not even close.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Indeed, we get dire predictions here all the time. Everything from planet X destroying life on the planet, to physicists creating a black hole that will consume said planet. No one here is going to freak out if you post his predictions.

In addition, while I can understand your belief that no one can do anything about them in the event that they're true, you must know as a clinician that probability isn't absolute, and that there is a possibility - however small - that people might be able to help themselves or others if armed with that information. In fact, that possibility should probably compell you to share it, given your oath to do no harm. Isn't that correct?

Regardless, I will respect your opinion and wishes despite disagreeing with it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Let's hope that BoulderMD does find it in his heart, to post these 'predictions.' The original post and subsequent continuations are a fascinating read, non-fiction or fiction!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing this story. Despite natural skeptisism, there is something that rings true enough... genuine enough to keep me glued to this thread and its unravelling.

Let's hope that the patient's predictions were positive and uplifting!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well all i can say is i hope the 3 things you want to happen so you can spill the beans on the rest of it, happens very quickly and soon so we can all be enlightened by your wealth of prediction information handed to you by a government psychic.

And no disrespect intended, but every summer when the kiddies get out of school and get bored, ATS gets bombarded with unusually larger than normal amounts of hoaxes and new users BS'ing their way to a good laugh.

So you can see how ATS'ers can be a little more cynical than normal around this time of year.

Waiting to read what you know,
Silver

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Okay, on a serious note here, we've already been told nothing is going to happen for the next week.

I can relax on that one.

All we can do is start a list of expectations dealing with physics

1. Magic bullet
2. Polar shift
3. Gravity reversal
4. The sky falling
5. HAARP Wars
6. Time Travel announced (Ha!)
7. Free Energy (never)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>