It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting character in my ER has me spooked

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
The guy gets flamed for not posting any proof and when he does he gets flamed for not being ethical...

If I were him I think I wouldn't feel like participating here anymore, after all, and assuming this guy's story is legit, I doubt he needs anything from us and coming here could eventually bring him problems.

Agreed, but we're dealing with a hospital, more importantly the ER, and I wouldn't have felt right if I didn't at least mention it.

This may or may not be a hoax, but regardless, what happens inside a hospital is REALITY and it deserves respect, sorry.

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

It depends. Head and facial lacerations tend to bleed a lot anyway but in my experience, you would really have to look at the patient and see if there are any signs of hypovolemia or shock. You would also want to know what his Glasgow Coma Scale score was and the mechanism of injury. In the ER where I work, we usually put a saline lock in when drawing blood just to save time in the event we do need IV access but not all the time.

I did try to call Boulder Co. and got a recording saying to call back during normal business hours but the recording states that IT IS normal business hours. I also tried to call the Boulder Co. Sheriffs Office (I'm not sure what jurisdiction "The Diagonal" is in) but got transferrd around before leaving a message with a division head.

I will let you know what I find out. This has been an interesting read nonetheless. I will keep an eye on this.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
MD, So if I understand this correctly, you are looking for others who have encountered someone like the patient you describe?

I've never met anyone who made a bunch of predictions to me. Even the psychics I have met were really vague and not willing to say anything specific. But I have heard of people getting that kind of training. If you want to learn how to use your mind for uh, alternate types of things I know an organization that teaches it. It's not the same thing as what you described, however.

Or are you looking for people who are also making predictions? Predictions are easy to find.

I will keep my eye on this for next week, but if the predictions aren't revealed I'm going to loose interest pretty quickly.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

the OP did say:

Originally posted by BoulderMD

Click the image below to see the full size version.

here's the full image:
click here to see the full image
I suggest reading before clicking the Post Reply button. definitely works imho.

[edit on 6.4.08 by toreishi]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
***Just now clicked on the picture to enlarge. I see the badge

I also suggest (not that I'm listened to
) you send the prediction to the owners. I can promise you, they CAN be trusted and your identity will remain anonymous.

Anyways, this has been an interested read! I still think its a test for a book. What better place to fill in the gaps and make edits to a conspiracy story....then ATS: home of the best cyber sleuths, investigators, subject matter experts and minds on the planet

But regardles.....thanks for keeping us all on our toes

[edit on 4-6-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, I haven't been reading this ATS forum very long. The one thing I have garnered from it is the enormity of gullible people out there. I am both shocked and amused at all the people who believe this story. No wonder the Traveling Irish are so well off. Geesh. As if a doctor would post here, and give so many lucid details. He says he can't dare reveal the identity yet he gives specific details about his hospital and even names the city. If I weren't so darned honest I'd come up with a scam and be a millionaire. God knows you dupes are lined up like sitting ducks.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"MOGADISHU (AFP) - A mortar shell exploded Sunday near Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed's plane as it was preparing to take off from Mogadishu airport, officials and witnesses said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Three shells struck the airport and one exploded near the plane just after the president boarded it and was preparing to take off, an African Union peacekeeper at the airport said on condition of anonymity.

"The president was in the plane to leave when the mortars hit the area," he said. "Fortunately, nobody was hurt."

"The last mortar nearly hit the plane," eyewitness Hasan Mohamed said.

Somali government officials said Yusuf was leaving Mogadishu for Djibouti, where UN-sponsored negotiations aimed at bringing the western-backed government and Islamist-led opposition to talk resumed on Saturday."

Source

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
scoler1
you sound like your in the field and know what you are talking about.

just to clarify though
hypovolemia is shock its not one or the other. it is a type of shock of low blood fluid volume.

yes scalp and head wounds bleed heavily but starting an iv or not doesnt prove or disprove this bouldermd. it is how he writes and what he says and how he documents. he is not a physician

now scoler 1 you win the prize because that is not a term that people know.

so scoler1 you know what your talking about and the glascow scale ect....

now tell me does this boulder md sound at all authentic as a physician

can i get a hell no and not an amen????

to me he doesnt even play a real dr on tv

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433
reply to post by kdial1

that doesn't confirm squat . if you would like i can produce all of the same things that he has shown in the picture and i have never worked in a hospital.

Did you click on the picture? Look at the ID badge....
I stated in my last post that "this confirms you work for the hospital."

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm gonna go with this DR. telling the truth.

Okay, you posted 3/6 at 11:17 and you said you were in the middle of your shift which would mean your started work about 5pm and you would be working until 5 am.

I thought you wrote this happened 3 days prior so that would be the 3rd June which is a Tues. not a weekend as you were saying.

In what way are you talking "altered" ......he was, "altered", in what way. You stated he had an odd format to his language? Do you feel this being was other then human?

For trainers you used the word "they" in what way are you meaning "they"....as in two or "they" as in different then human in a weird sort of way?

If you made a mistake and it wasn't three days prior but the weekend exactly which night was it.

Wasn't it on Sun. that the transitional President of Samolia (Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed) plane was under attact by suspected Islamic Insurgents. They fired motar rounds at his plane.

From the thread SO sent us to.......... it had to deal with Titor and he was about time travel.

I think you have already gone to far and need to put the predictions out and just remind everyone your only the messenger and remember whatever is to be will be.

I don't think your question will exactly be answered fully to your satisication I suggest you go with peace in your soul.

The only thing I hear talk over is a major quake off China in the next week.

EDIT TO ADD: I feel as if you have aroused everyones curiosity and it isn't right to leave everyone hanging in mid air.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You can be hypovolemic but not in true shock. When someone is dehydrated they could be considered hypovolemic because the volume of fluid in their body is lower than it should be but not show clinical signs of shock. They could show orthostatic changes, dizziness, drop in BP, increase in HR, when going from a lying or sitting postition to standing but it would normalize within a few minutes.

Anyway shock and hypovolemia are not the question. In regards to if the OP is really a doc, i'm on the fence. He very well could be so I am not going to give you an "amen" just yet.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I'm gonna go with this DR. telling the truth.

In what way are you talking "altered" ......he was, "altered", in what way. You stated he had an odd format to his language? Do you feel this being was other then human?

[edit on 4-6-2008 by observe50]

We say altered all the time. ALOC stands for Altered Level Of Consiousness. We also use it when describing somone who could be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. My friends and I also use when we have had a big night of drinking, "I was sooo altered last night."

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
w/regards to the area of physics do you suppose it would have anything to do with the electric universe?

Challenge yourself, your peers, your teachers. Participate in a revolution in science and human evolution. Watch this film and in an hour know more than most NASA scientists about the fundamental force that forms and sustains the universe (summary below). Visit: www.thunderboltsdvd.com - to purchase the DVD and\or Thunderbolts Of The Gods 'monograph' (book), - to view higher resolution sequences from the film (with stereo sound), - to subscribe to a free newsletter that will keep you up to date on the latest discoveries in space and a revolutionary new interpretation of them. The Thunderbolts Project calls into question not only countless modern scientific assumptions, but also the billions of dollars of big-science government and corporate funding that continues to preserve and entrench questionable theories - elevating them to the status of doctrine - while systematically excluding legitimate alternatives that threaten the status-quo. Alternatives that may represent the future of science. The Thunderbolts Project offers remarkably simple explanations for 'black holes', 'dark matter', the electric sun, comets that are NOT made of ice, planetary scarring and many other 'mysterious' phenomena. It proposes that much of the currently observable phenomena of deep space can be intelligently explained by already known principles of electricity. High school students get it immediately. A doctorate in higher math is not required. This extraordinary new theory also redefines ancient history, linking rock art images carved in basalt 5,000 years ago with identical images found only in Hubble photographs of deep space or in photographs of recently declassified high-energy plasma discharge experiments generated in a billion dollar lab. The Thunderbolts Project invites you to participate in this revolution, to test and even challenge its validity, or, if finding it rational and intriguing enough, to contribute to its expansion and further evolution. Thank you, The Thunderbolts Project
video.google.com.au...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I don't know what ER you work in, but the one I work in has plenty of security, especially when crazy patients are around. And no one has to confirm that any patient is anywhere to anyone under HIPPA. Especially in the ER. It's not like they're just hanging out in recovery waiting for balloons.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by aravoth]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
MD, have you posted this on any other boards?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, this is an interesting post, and we've been provided with an INTERESTING picture. However, if you download this photo to your hard drive, you can then open this with NOTEPAD. You will see the JPG headers along with other information about the photograph.

Note that the date is YESTERDAY, and the time is 14:27:34. Assuming this data is correct, then this whole thing is an orchestrated setup. I am in Colorado, and it's 12:30 PM at the time I am posting this. The time stamp on the uploaded image says it was taken yesterday at 2:27PM.

It was taken with a Canon PowerShot A560

Now, we could assume that the time and date are just wrong, but generally, I would think that at the most it would only be 1 day and 1 hour off (accounting for leap year and daylight savings) it was never changed, but seeing that the original post was 11:17ATS time, that would have made it 12:17 Colorado time, with the photo taken just 2 hours later.

Today's posting was by BoulderMD was made at 11:54. It is unclear whether or not he is indicating the photo was taken today, but we assume that it is based on the wording. We could assume other variables also, such as he has moved recently from another time zone.

I present this, that the poster of this is on the east coast. The posting was made, and then the photo taken yesterday shortly following the posting.
I would invite the Moderator to run an IP search in ARIN and this might reveal information as to what part of the country the internet provider is in, or possibly even reveal a corporate server. I am not implying that personal info is given out, just that it may be possible to corroborate the story by investigating the internet provider, which anyone can do on the ARIN website.

This is nicely written though, and would definintely grab the reader in the beginning of a novel..

I know this seems silly to go to such extent for what sounds like an outrageous post, but I'm bored. That's my story, and i'm sticking to it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, this is an interesting post, and we've been provided with an INTERESTING picture. However, if you download this photo to your hard drive, you can then open this with NOTEPAD. You will see the JPG headers along with other information about the photograph.

Note that the date is YESTERDAY, and the time is 14:27:34. Assuming this data is correct, then this whole thing is an orchestrated setup. I am in Colorado, and it's 12:56 PM at the time I am posting this. The time stamp on the uploaded image says it was taken yesterday at 2:27PM.

It was taken with a Canon PowerShot A560

Now, we could assume that the time and date are just wrong, but generally, I would think that at the most it would only be 1 day and 1 hour off (accounting for leap year and daylight savings) it was never changed, but seeing that the original post was 11:17ATS time, that would have made it 12:17 Colorado time, with the photo taken just 2 hours later.

Today's posting was by BoulderMD was made at 11:54. It is unclear whether or not he is indicating the photo was taken today, but we assume that it is based on the wording. We could assume other variables also, such as he has moved recently from another time zone.

I present this, that the poster of this is on the east coast. The posting was made, and then the photo taken yesterday shortly following the posting.
I would invite the Moderator to run an IP search in ARIN and this might reveal information as to what part of the country the internet provider is in, or possibly even reveal a corporate server. I am not implying that personal info is given out, just that it may be possible to corroborate the story by investigating the internet provider, which anyone can do on the ARIN website.

This is nicely written though, and would definintely grab the reader in the beginning of a novel..

I know this seems silly to go to such extent for what sounds like an outrageous post, but I'm bored. That's my story, and i'm sticking to it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
yes your right what i was getting at about shock

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Come on people, wake up! A picture of a stethescope on scrubs with a blacked out ID tag? Any orderly, maintainance or even housekeeping personell would have access to those things. It offers no proof he is a doctor, or that he is even a he!
But I digress to the point, which is, as a doctor, if you are one, how can you not tell if a patient is a male or a female? I've worked in the medical field for 14 years, in wards and the E.R., and never, NEVER have I seen or heard of anyone who could not be gender identified. If an exam wasn't possible and the name was of no help, you simply ask the person. In fact, it's required on the work up to have the sex of the patient on it. How do you explain that hole in your story? How can all you professional types out there miss that glaringly obvious mistake?
And not giving predictions when you say you have them is like telling everyone you have a secret, but you're not gonna tell. I agree completely with _Del_ in saying that you can either deliver on the goods or not mention them at all. You gave us other predictions and "revelations" from this person, but ALL of the ones you gave either already happened, or are of a "personal nature" that can't be verified independently. This is just too fishy for me. Like an open can of tuna.
Kudos for writing a good story, but that's all it is, a STORY.
So now you can sit back for a week and laugh at all the people who believe you, I'll be laughing with you.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
hmmm... this is getting pretty interesting, i wanna hear more, countinue plz

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by elevatedone]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join