It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting character in my ER has me spooked

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

Never seen Pat on SNL?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by personal stalker

Oops, looks like I was off on my times, it's actually 1 hour earlier in Colorado compared to ATS time. This means the photo was snapped approximately 4 hours after the original thread posting if the time in the camera was correct and set to Colorado time.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
None of you folks ever heard of

REMOTE VIEWING?

Maybe the guy is a fraud, but what he described, in all too clear detail

certainly fit with what a remote viewer could "see".

I personally think, that remote viewing or TECHNICAL REMOTE VIEWING

or any related spinoff, is tapping into what is commonly referred to as THE MATRIX.

And the matrix is a creation that kinda sorta holds this world together.

The matrix may be the reason why photons seem to "know" when they are being observed! [ only quantum mechanics freaks seem to get this ]

All I'm saying is, there is something out there that connects us all,

and we'll probably never fully understand it, due to the limitations we have

on reality, because we only exist in 3 dimensions, not counting time.

Any of you quantum geeks probably already know, that there are 10 or more dimensions to reality.

But we can only sense and normally measure just 3 not counting time.

I'm saying, it is possible, but I don't know if he's a liar or not....

but he did do a way better than expected job of describing this event.

I guess I'm surprised that no one else even thought of the remote viewing angle to the story,

maybe or simply because it was told too well, nobody but myself went to the next level of possibilities.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
BoulderMD,

I understand the weight that you feel. Holding on to visions of the future and/or predictions can be an incredible burden. I recommend trying to understand why you were given these insights and how they relate to you directly. Be very honest with yourself.

Insight can be a wonderful thing and it can be horrific. The dichotomies are endless.

I make no plea to you, but one. Let this scenario play out. There is much good that can be accomplished here. As you should know, there is going to be great change in this coming Summer.

The more time you give those who are willing to listen, the more lives you can save.

Be strong and let it play out.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, I for one am a believer in the OP. If I was given big information that I knew no one could do anything about, and that might cause mass hysteria or panic, I know I would not broadcast it to the world. I might tell family members or friends if they could do anything (such as leaving the area), but I would not want to invoke mass panic, ESPECIALLY if I didn't know whether the prediction would come true or not.

That being said, no I have not had any encounters such as this, but I do believe that there is the "one in a million" individual that can see things accurately into the future.

What I found interesting was the guy reffering to being hot, and therefore knowing things. It sounds like when he is "on" he knows things, and when he is "off" he doesn't. Like he has no control over when it is going to happen.

The "trainers" thing is peculiar... not sure what to make of that. But I could guess that if they knew he told you these things, they would not be too happy. So as stated in a post before, I would definitely watch your back.

This may sound a little far fetched to you, but have you ever done meditation? If you are experienced with it, you may be able to gain further insight, and possibly answers to some of the things he said to you. If you were very experienced, and this individual is as lets say "psychically aware" as he seems to be, maybe you could even make contact with him telepathically.

Another suggestion...doctors, even er doctors, make follow up calls. Have you thought of trying to contact him to make sure the laceration is healing? Doing so you will see

a) if he answers, or his "trainers" do
b) if the phone number he gave is a legitamate contact number
c) if the cut has healed--lol
d) if he has anything else that he wants to share with you

I agree that it would make a great story, but sometimes reality is even stranger than fiction.

Please try to ignore all the rude people in this thread and keep us posted.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

MD didn't say he didn't know the gender of the patient, he was just saying for identiry protection he will call patient "him" but patient could be a him or a her.

link   
i was hoping the DR would respond to my post regarding the area of physics and the possible connection w/the electric universe.

link   
reply to post by jkrog08

For the benefit of this BoulderMD safety it might be prudent to release from his self the knowledge. If there is truth to it then someone somewhere will want to queit him.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
so far so good the OP can be who he/she says they are.
the story is sufficiently detailed and creepy-
if Boulder MD is a student or a many years practicing physician well good for you I don't see how this impacts the story, only that with so much study you would debunk it your self before you posted.

I want to hear more as well.
I am no longer a practicing MD myself...but your story sounds good from here.
i never spelled HIPAA (i always said 'hippa.')
and my SOAP notes were bad (messy to always seem right when someone tries to 'decode')and usually OSAP

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BoulderMD

I dont know if this is relevant to your chance encounter, but here is mine:

I was out of highschool but dating a girl that was graduating that year and her prom came up, being the gentelman that I am I took her. The school had this after party no drug, no alcohol kind of freaky fair. I dont know what else to call it besides that. Yes, it was really lame too. They even had a gypsie mind reader. She wanted to hear her fortune, I tagged along.

After about 2 mins, she was done, we started walking out of the room, the gypsie grabbed my hand and told me stay...alone. I was like ya sure, whatever. She had this weird look on her face and told me "i know things". Me being the smart ass said "yeah, i know things too" she got angry and told me to sit down and shut up. She proceeded to tell me that I would do something that would change my life forever and set my life on a path that was different from the one I was currently on. She told me that this girl would lead me no where and that because of what will happen I will meet my wife to be. She described in absolute detail what she would look like, from her eye color to the way she walked and that I would know her the second I saw her. At the time I thought she was a nut job, just playing the part, but she kept my hand locked in an iron grip for what seemed like hours. She told me things would happen in the distant future, far beyond where I saw my life going. There were a series of events that will take place and at the moment I would know what to do. There were around 10 things she told me and 4 have come to pass exactly as she said.

She finally let go of my hand and her face changed back to the way it was before, I didnt say anything to her, she just smiled at me, I walked out of the room totally dimissing her and her crazyness.

One year later the first thing came to pass. I was 19 and working construction, anything could have happened around all the machinery, but nothing did. I was promoted to the office to do renderings of buildings and layouts of subdivisions, really boring, but it paid well. One day I leave the office to go home for the day and it hit me, this is it. I hear screaming coming from the yard so I ran to see what happened. One of the mechanics was pinned under an 8000lb trailer, without thinking I picked up the trailer by the hitch so he could crawl out and...snap, snap there goes my spine. I was the only one there and I knew what was going to happen, this is the first thing she mentioned that would alter my life for ever.

I was told that I would never walk again and surgery was needed, after 1 year of rehab and no surgery I was not only walking, but running, biking and doing everything else I wanted to do. I went to college in a major city, could not afford to live in the dorms, so i commuted everyday. The first class of the day, this feeling came over me and there she was walking through the doorway. I leaned over to a friend and told him, thats her, she is the one. He laughed and no way she is out of your league...6 yrs later we were married.

I will never forget what that woman told me and I would'nt repeat some of the things she told me that will come to pass in the future. Lets just say that 2012 is a new begining, not an end at all.

Sorry that was so long, hope that is what you are looking for.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scooler1

straight from the melloni's illistrated medical dictionary third edition . HYPOVOLEMIA : markedly diminished blood volume....
HYPOVOLIA : reduced water content in a particular compartment ...
those are verbatim definitions .
please look up the definitions before you throw any of them out there or someone will know that you are not educated on the subject whatsoever .

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Toasted I don't know if people dismissed your post or if many thought "hrm well that would make sense. Lets wait for more info."

Sorry I didn't address your original post (or reminder). I actually think the plausibility of your idea (assuming the story is true) is why no one has responded.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
oh the suspense, lol

makes a great story though

write a book and make a movie

or youll do fine doctoring

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am disappointed in the viscious animal-like behavior of some of the responders on this thread; but, was pleased to see a few people have come to realize the dichotomous nature of telling future events. It's the double-headed snake, eating its own tail so to speak.

To the OP - I'm using the word prediction here, though, a prediction is actually logic-based and a prophesy is more paranormal phenonmenon based. But, since the prevailing use of the term prediction is used instead of prophesy here, I'll substitute to conform to the norm.

ATS is a hostile environment to most people with above normal paranormal-phenomenon abilities. This is certainly not the site to seek out clairvoyants, telepaths, etc. which seems to be the purpose of your thread. The ATS community (in general) do not realize the fundamentals at work in psychic abilities ... and are strongly influenced by the "entertainment charlatans" whose predictions fail and who are not truly psychic. Snake oil has been over-marketed so to speak. Anyway, ATS is NOT a place for the truly gifted psychics to come out of the closet.

Further - A truly gifted psychic has to stay hidden because the "powers that be" would take them away to a deep underground bunker and they'd never have a life of their own again. The Golden Unicorn.

Gifted psychics know how to bring those predictions that can be averted to the awareness level to negate them but they do so at a HIGH cost because the energy (or whatever one would call it) is displaced and releases (manifests) itself in an unexpected new target. It's the old, 'damned if you do, and damned if you don't.'

Anyway, my point to the OP is that talent-scouting for persons with psychic ability on ATS is like looking for a star athlete in the ladies jam and jelly making area of a county fair.

edit typo

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by philosopherrose
Well, I for one am a believer in the OP. If I was given big information that I knew no one could do anything about, and that might cause mass hysteria or panic, I know I would not broadcast it to the world. I might tell family members or friends if they could do anything (such as leaving the area), but I would not want to invoke mass panic, ESPECIALLY if I didn't know whether the prediction would come true or not.

That being said, no I have not had any encounters such as this, but I do believe that there is the "one in a million" individual that can see things accurately into the future.

What I found interesting was the guy reffering to being hot, and therefore knowing things. It sounds like when he is "on" he knows things, and when he is "off" he doesn't. Like he has no control over when it is going to happen.

The "trainers" thing is peculiar... not sure what to make of that. But I could guess that if they knew he told you these things, they would not be too happy. So as stated in a post before, I would definitely watch your back.

This may sound a little far fetched to you, but have you ever done meditation? If you are experienced with it, you may be able to gain further insight, and possibly answers to some of the things he said to you. If you were very experienced, and this individual is as lets say "psychically aware" as he seems to be, maybe you could even make contact with him telepathically.

Another suggestion...doctors, even er doctors, make follow up calls. Have you thought of trying to contact him to make sure the laceration is healing? Doing so you will see

a) if he answers, or his "trainers" do
b) if the phone number he gave is a legitamate contact number
c) if the cut has healed--lol
d) if he has anything else that he wants to share with you

I agree that it would make a great story, but sometimes reality is even stranger than fiction.

Please try to ignore all the rude people in this thread and keep us posted.

You say you wouldn't broadcast it to the world, so what of this guy "broadcasting" it to ATS (just about the same thing) and naming the city, describing hospital policies, revealimg personal info such as where he and his wife were married? The hospital admin is certainly informed of this by now, wouldn't be very hard for him or her to identify Dr. X.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Bumbeni]

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Bumbeni]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a duster to me. That's what we in law enforcement call a person high on PCP. When on PCP, they will [think they] hear and see things they do not normally see, and complain about being "hot" all the time. Often, dusters will strip naked.

The person you are describing in your post sounds exactly like dusters I have encountered.

Case solved, you're dealing with a drug user, nothing supernatural.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I highly doubt this is real. The pictures provided could by provided by anyone - there are a TON of people in a hospital that wear scrubs and have a stethoscope. It could be anyone, and..since this is summer...it could also be anyone's kid or relative taking the scrubs out and posting it on here.

Also, note everything on the ID is taken out - we don't need faces or names, but why would you erase the title/position part? At the very least, it would prove the guy is an actual ER doctor or is someone with access to a ER doctor's ID.

Smells like a hoax to me...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, I've read through 14 pages now....Wow! Certainly generated a whirlwind of interest.

I'm falling on the side of a practice at writing here, from (possibly) a med student, maybe a nurse....but since I'm not in the medical field, I'm not qualified to judge.

One thing came to mind....the author John Grisham. He was/is an actual attorney who became an author....and is now worth millions more, from his book sales, than he likely would have hoped to earn as a trial lawyer.

Just food for thought......

edit to add....Docs initial their stethoscopes on the tag...'course, wouldn't want to reveal that possible ID!!!

[edit on 6/4/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Kudos!

I'd also add it might not be the wisest thing you ever did to call the police asking about an accident.

Certainly MD left his fingerprint on the vault so to speak. He/she gave us more than enough information to identify him/her if the accidents occurred.

On the other hand, the fact that so much information was given makes the event suspicious.

1. Why make a such a fuss over being a doctor?
2. Why throw around medical and hospital terminology when there are enough words in the English language to describe the same ideas which would be more descriptive to the average person (with words left over)?
3. Why would Scalp Lac intimate this to a stranger?
4. Why would Scalp Lac even consider a stranger would understand the term "hot?"
5. Why would there be no report of the accident? There has to be a record. There was insurance involved, a transport to the hospital, a record of admittance and treatment.

This is interesting, but far to much attention was given to insignificant side details.

The question is has anyone here had this happen to them?

The answer is yes. Not necessarily as a physician in a hospital treating a patient, but yes.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumbeni

Well, I personally, would not have handeled the situation that way, but it's not about me is it?

I would never disclose where I work, or where I live. People make mistakes though. BoulderMD, may be seriously rethinking why he mentioned those facts.

My guess is that he just really needed someone to talk to and possible advice. As a doctor, he can't just go to anyone because of privacy issues, so maybe he thought by doing so "anonamously" he would be better off...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join