It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush On Iraq War: "I Don't Care If It Created More Enemies"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Bush On Iraq War: "I Don't Care If It Created More Enemies"

www.huffingtonpost.com

NBC News' Richard Engel, who in April was promoted to chief foreign correspondent, has written a book, released today, about the years he spent reporting in Iraq. The book is titled War Journal: My Five Years In Iraq, and it contains an explosive interview with President Bush. The president makes several controversial, some might say shocking, statements (from Muckraked):

"I know people are saying we should have left things the way they were, but I changed after 9/11. I had to act. I don't care if it created more enemies. I had to act."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
An interesting glimpse into the mind of our 'leader' GW Bush. I am always happy to see these tidbits leak out. By tidbits I mean Bush speaking his truth.

Though he does seem to be acting in the manner he sees as 'best' the mentality behind it reveals his amazing inability to grasp the importance of his actions.

Just like "bring 'em on!" "I don't care if it [Iraq War] created more enemies" shows how simple this mans mind really is. It also shows how we the people need to WAKE UP! That so many voted for this man. That so many look to him and his cohort as the party that is going to keep us safe and is the party to be trusted on military matters is just a joke. A Joke.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

(Mods I followed the directions for submissions in the 'political news forum' and it popped up here, sorry for the mess but this is not where i intended this to be. If I can do anything to fix it please let me know. Should I repost it? U2U me I'll be on most of the day.)

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What a damned idiot. Of course he doesn't care. It makes him more money. When exactly are the police going to show up to 1600 Pennsylvania and arrest this criminal? I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I really, truly hate that guy.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Of course he doesn't care, he can't serve more than two terms. He's going to leave this mess to his successor, who won't have even the slightest clue as to how to pull out respectfully, and repair relations with countries that were allied or neutral before.

I'm really beginning to wonder what is in this new book coming out, and who will be the next to fold and tell all. Maybe for once somebody will tell enough that Bush and his cronies can be brought to justice. No matter what anybody tells me, I still firmly believe that criminal acts have come from the White House.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

It's sad but we asked for it really, Not enough of us asked enough or the right question when we had the chance we've let this happen, Everyones been so busy waving there little flags or putting there "we support the troops" magnets on there cars that no one really cares about the reality of what going on, only what they want it to be...

I've said in numerous threads here basically along the lines of "if we create more enemies then we had originally, then we have defeated our whole purpose, and our actions are counter productive"

Bush has said he doesn't care if 16 intelligence agencies come to a conclusion he doesn't like.. hes doing what he wants...

Cheney has said he doesn't care if we support the actions of this administration.

Cheney thinks hes his own boss and doesn't answer to congress...

Bush thinks he can do whatever he wants and just bend the rules because hes the President...

And now bush says essentially as long as he gets his vendetta all is good, screw the rest of us.

How much more people? how can anyone not understand this is ****ed up?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

I really hope that everyone is just waiting until January 22 2009 (I think that is the new guy's first day), and then arrest him on the way out of the White House where can no longer hide behind his executive privledges and gets the same treatment everyone else gets. Doing all this right now won't do anything but let him know something is up and give him to hide and posture so that evidence can be destroyed. Wainting until he is a normal citizen again affords him no privledges other than those every other American gets. He will be screaming for his Habeas Corpus then...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I wonder if he cares about the fact that he's partially to blame for the current oil worries that the world is going through.

After all, you don't just smash and grab without the neighbours taking notice - next thing you know everyone is getting a teensy bit curious about the particulars of that event.

In actual terms; the bloody nutter stole oil for the rich, and he raised the price of oil, for the rich.

It's just gets better and better for the people who helped him get in office...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Invading Afghanistan created more enemies. Or we already had enemies. Kill the terrorists they be pissed off anyways. Don't kill em, the American people be pissed off. Indeed we be creating more enemies.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thing is though Binladen could have been taken out via a small group of SpecOps forces without sending in a full scale military force which did nothing more then send him into hiding, and commit our troops our country and our tax dollar into nation building...

But a SpecOps sniper shot would have ended things to fast and wouldn't have been "big" enough for W.....

He'd much rather have an ongoing never ending war on terror which the Military Industrial Complex thrives on, while at the same time killing far more innocent lives in his retaliation then Binladen or alCIAda ever did or could...

aside from Binladen and his top guys, The "Terrorists" that actually attacked us on 9/11 died on 9/11...

They claim Binladen attacked us for our freedoms, They claim hes evil because he killed innocents yet, We have killed far more innocents going after one man, and all but lost the freedoms they claimed Binladen hates..

So who won here?

[edit on 3-6-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Well, there's a saying i'm sure you've heard of;

"In war, there are no winners, only those who are still standing to count the dead"*

If anything, the positivity coming from the white house about going to war with Iraq and Afganistan was setting off warning klaxons right there and then - we just didn't know what to do about it.

Edit: Seriously, When was the last time Bush said "This is a war that will make us bleed"?

*Okay, i might have added that last bit, for dramatic effect.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here are two more quotes for your "I Don't Care" topic; both are old so the Bush/Cheney Cabal of "not caring" isn't new either.
=============================================
"President Bush would have ordered an invasion of Iraq even if the CIA had told him that Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction, Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday."

www.msnbc.msn.com...
"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

www.capitolhillblue.com...
Famous Bush Quote, "I'm the decider."

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
"Mr. Vice President, are you aware that over two-thirds of americans are opposed to the war in Iraq and want our men to come home?"

"So?"

"Mr. President, are you aware that your war based on nothing but lies has increased the amount of potential terrorists 50 fold?"

"So?"

I pray that an international court will try these war criminals for all the lives their Liar-Liar War has extinguished and all of the suffering they have created and lock them up for the rest of their filthy lives...Wipe the contemptful sneer off of Insaneys face, and the deciders sh** eating, smug grin. These guys are pure evil.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Invading Afghanistan created more enemies. Or we already had enemies. Kill the terrorists they be pissed off anyways. Don't kill em, the American people be pissed off. Indeed we be creating more enemies.

Let me get this straight...

Invading Afghanistan = more enemies (well kind of they were already hating us).

+

Kill the terrorists because they hate us and are therefore our enemy. -OR- Don't kill them and make enemy out of US citizens.

So #1 + #2 = hopeless situation? So what, it does not matter because either way we would have made more enemy's?

I think that is an INCREDIBLY ignorant analysis of Bush's chosen course of action and morally bankrupt as well.

We have killed thousands some say hundreds of thousands. Most of what we have killed were not even terrorists, but now their families are out for revenge. Sadly we did not JUST invade Afghanistan either.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Well, don't forget

#3: Kill the terrorists AND make enemies out of the American people. Somehow in the process of "bringing the fight to them" we have labeled millions of Americans as potential terrorists as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

So sad. So True. The targeting of citizens as enemy's of the state is just another of many actions that are collectively diminishing our democracy.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Another noteworthy quote "War is the only enterprise in which you count the profit in dollars and the losses in lives."

It is a win-win for those architects of the economic agenda behind the war. Lives mean nothing to them. They can't lose. We are too numerous anyway. The larger the population the harder it is to control information, and thus people. I offer the internet as proof of that last statement.

top topics

join