It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 332
<< 329  330  331    333  334  335 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
...I guess chat and merchandise has taken over

Yep.

We're selling out man...didn't you hear?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reveal next page!

meh...where are the fighters in here...

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Rack-up anothter win for Skyfloating and congrats fromt his corner! I, for one, really enjoyed that debate but I do think you baited Heike. Had she not taken the bait... I don't know if we would be celebrating your glorious win at this moment.

I think that is part of the success of your overall strategy in general. Another reason why, if I ever get competent enough, I would never debate you becuase I could not resist any lure you dangle

How's that for debate talk?

(Hi, Semper
)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure I "Owe You One"

What say you?

Semper

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You have to buy your own stuff? That's not right.
Or is 'ATS' the owner?

---------------

Congrats on the win, Sky!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

No I'm the owner…this isn't an ATS sponsored endeavor. It's just for us fighters.

The perk of owning the store on CP is getting your products at the baseline price, with no markup. However, since I set the markup at zero to begin with (so I'm not making money off my friends) it doesn't matter.

We all pay the same thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Ok, cool. Just remember one of the perks of being an owner is getting the goodies at cost.

Seriously: I'm fixing to buy this:

www.cafepress.com...

But have a question. I purchased this at the ATS store:

www.cafepress.com...

I got a medium but it swallows me whole to the point I can only wear it as a pajama top. Do you know if the above size dimensions are the same at your store for the black shirt above? As in, medium is a bit oversized, etc?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It should be about the same.

The ATS store you bought that shirt from was hosted through CafePress as well, so the products would be the same as far as sizing goes.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Ok Thanks. It let me check out two things at once, one from the pub store and one from the ATS store. I repurchased the ATS t-shirt in small this time and went ahead and got the pub long sleeved shirt in medium so it would be comfy in cooler weather.

I'll take pics when they come in.

Thanks again. Am I the first customer?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Congratulations, Sky, and thanks again for debating me. I have posted my response and appreciation - especially for the judges - in the thread.

And yes, I do think that Sky baited me to some extent, but that was an excellent lesson for me to learn. I expect that debate topics will not usually be something that close to my heart, but in a tournament you never know what you'll be debating, so I needed to learn that allowing my negative emotions (anger is part of the Dark Side!) to get into the mix will only hurt me in debates. Actually, I knew that, but let it happen anyway. Something to think about and devise a strategy for avoiding in the future.

It doesn't look like Lucid is coming back, so .. Orange, let me know when you're ready to pick up the veggie debate.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You are the first customer.

Congratulations!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Congratulations to Skyfloating on the win and to Heike on the lessons learned! I have added one more alert to my "if I ever debate Sky" list – watch out for baiting as well as timing.

And congratulations to AshleyD on becoming the first FCP store customer

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Hurray! Be sure to frame the receipt and hang it on your wall.

Originally posted by Heike
I expect that debate topics will not usually be something that close to my heart... so I needed to learn that allowing my negative emotions (anger is part of the Dark Side!) to get into the mix will only hurt me in debates.

For what it's worth, I think both of you did a terrific job. When I first saw the debate topic, I thought 'Sky, hands down.' But as the debate continued you made some good points and it was a good read. Being deathly allergic to horses (
), I have to stay away from them but that was a good debate on both sides.

'Close to our heart' debate topics are really rough and I personally don't care for them myself after doing my first debate topic on something I considered extremely sacred. What you say is true- it's easy to let negative emotions (or emotions in general) get in the way. It was pretty emotional and I did feel anger at times from stuff that was within the debate as well as behind the scenes but it's a good lesson for us all to learn. To be passionate about our position yet express a certain level of stoicism and 'water off a ducks back' as well. Your love and passion for horses really shined through, IMO.

We all learn and I think you're one hell of a debater!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So…I'm thinking I need to get a debate going. A

Anyone else thinking the same thing…other than Sky? (no offense, but we've tangled enough for a while)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Crakeur finally got back to me.

For now, let's keep the cafe press FCP off the board.

It has been brought to the attention of Admin so for now, please let this go.

Congrats Sky!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike

It doesn't look like Lucid is coming back, so .. Orange, let me know when you're ready to pick up the veggie debate.

what about next week?
monday or tuesday?

who has got the opening?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Chissler posted last week saying he is looking for a shortened debate (opening, 1 statement, closing - 48hrs. between posts) .

I would do it, as I think that sounds like a dream format, but since I learned about the damn point thing (like there's enough stress?) I want to wait and see if if I am left with NO POINTS, which I think will be the case if I lose the Elf debate.

So apparently I cannot be cavalier about who I debate -- i.e. forget about low-hanging, I am fruit on the ground to Chissler, but you should shout
him out. I think you guys would put on a good show.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I'm pretty sure I "Owe You One"

What say you?

Semper

ooops...just saw this. I said yes to debating taking over FSBlue position in his debate against AshleyD by U2U 30 minutes ago.

But right after that...say next week...I think you and me need to do one proper full length debate. Most certainly.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hmmm...sounds interesting.

Chissler...are you out there? If you are interested in a debate based on the format mentioned...let's do it.

Also, looks the the store needs to be put on hold for a bit while some things are sorted out.

I'll get back to you when I hear more, but for now, let's keep everything off the board as MS said.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
I would never debate you

I`d like to debate you someday too

top topics

<< 329  330  331    333  334  335 >>

join