It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 328
<< 325  326  327    329  330  331 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Pink boots, awesome! I have a Big Pink Bike (it's magic), that has martini's painted on the fenders, and I dress to ride. So I am all about those pink boots! Let us see them and admire them in all their rose glory.

Ashley - No, I did not bid yet and no one else had until this one bidder at 5:45 AM which would be 8:45 EST which is where Seller is. Like I said the item is way undervalued with No Reserve, so I am suspect.

20 mins and counting....

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?! (reveal)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Best of luck! Hope it isn't the seller. It happens, unfortunately. Let us know if you win.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

i will do a photo of them when i got them
i even got pink shoes last week - pumps - as well from ebay

both - boots and shoes - each 1 € + shiping, so the shoes just for 5 € and the boots for 7 € all in all. a good garbain (?)

you got a pink bike, how awesome,
we are talking of a motorbike, right?
i would love to have one on my own, got the licence for it!

xing my fingers for you

some new stuff
mug which goes with the t-shirt of yesterday
anotehr white t-shirt
a black t-shirt
and a mug

will send nyk the working files!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
WOO-HOO!!!! Look what I got!

Psyche! And thanks for all of the support!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

it is yours?

congratulations - it looks so great twisi!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Oh wow. Congrats, TWISI! Make sure the seller takes EXTRA caution in shipping it. If it breaks, you may have seven years of bad luck in eBay auctions.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I am going to ask them to ship it via Greyhound -- it goes on one bus from Miami to LA for 50 bucks -- and I will offer them another 30 for packaging, so hopefully that will incentivize them to pack it properly.

It is hand carved and patinated gilt about 70 yrs old fm. Carvers Guild, and I'm all swoony over it because I fee llike I conjured it. I have a wall that needed a mirror -- behind the bar area
... yeah, yeah I'm a big lush -- to make the room look bigger and was going between wanting gold or bamboo (and a good deal) and stumbled on this... dreamy sigh...

*snaps out of reverie*
Okay, I'll stop now.

@ Orange - I really liked the graphics for both of the MUGS, T-shirts felt harder to read. And both of the Motto's are fab, although I say we lose the question mark after 'intimidation'... Let's own it. A fact is a fact

ADB's Ikarus and Brickham (?) fonts are great too as well as both of her mug designs. So many choices, how will it end?

I think we could still get "Arguing for the Sake of Arguing" in either Latin or English in a smaller font as sort of a 'tagline' somewhere on all of them and that would be cool too.

Speaking of which, where's Heike? That was her good idea if I remember correctly (acknowledging that MemShock had it in his sig at some point too), I hope she's not too miserable while on the mend...

[edit on 18-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
we lose the question mark after 'intimidation'... Let's own it. A fact is a fact

I like the way you think...

I think we could still get "Arguing for Arguings Sake" in either Latin or English in a smaller font as sort of a 'tagline' somewhere and that would be cool too.

I like this as well...the Latin version is a bit more 'intimidating' though...

Speaking of which, where's Heike? That was her good idea if I remember correctly (acknowledging that MemShock had it in his sig at some point too), I hope she's not too miserable while on the mend...

I hope she is doing fine as well...Heike...let us all know how you are doing!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt

@ Orange - I really liked the graphics for both of the MUGS, T-shirts felt harder to read. And both of the Motto's are fab, although I say we lose the question mark after 'intimidation'... Let's own it. A fact is a fact

thanks for mention it – i really don.t realize it when designing
i just copied the stuff as it was mentioned in the thread - with the question mark

could be a font problem

i will fix that before i sent the stuff to nyk!

edit:
@dingbat:
thanks again for the font link
you know that i am addicted to fonts?
i am spending my whole evening with downloading hot and interesting fonts
yeah

edit 2:

with or without questionmark?
the question mark is in it!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by orange-light]

[edit on 18-1-2009 by orange-light]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hey, I'm here, and I'm okay. The ankle is healing very slowly and I'm not happy about it, although it is what everyone except me seemed to expect. Anyway I have 2 new games to play so I have been off in fantasy land. I've been a fan of Spiderweb software and their particular niche brand of fantasy role-playing games since the first Geneforge and Avernum, and now Geneforge 4 and 5 are both out. I and my trusty fyora (usually named Ol' Red, and when I get a cryoa it's Big Blue) have been out decimating the rogue creation populations. BTW, the demos are free downloads for Mac at Spiderweb Software's website.

I'm thinking maybe the motto should be "Arguing for the Sake of Argument." Does that sound better to anyone but me?

"We don't understand you, either" is cute, assuming it's referring to the unwashed hordes who don't "get" us in the FCP/Debate forums and why we do what we do.

"Making Foes and Influencing People"
"Warriors of the Word"
"Champions of Rhetoric"
"Improving Vocabulary One Fight at a Time"
"Living One Fight at a Time"

I've been trying to think of one that incorporates the word "oubliette" but no luck yet.

And by the way, I'm unofficially sulking because I still have two debates pending from last year that haven't been judged yet.

Looks like SchroDog has new pink boots, too. Did it get cold where you are, SD?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
And by the way, I'm unofficially sulking because I still have two debates pending from last year that haven't been judged yet.

I'm still on it...Holiday judging was very sporadic...

Don't worry, Semper and I haven't forgotton...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

hi heike

so you are an impatient patient too, i can really imagine how you are awaiting healing.

i once had had a spraned ankle, looking not that worse as yours, it took me 8 months until everything was the way it should be, although i was able to walk after 2 weeks without crutches.

i love your motti

and thanks for the hint with the demogames for mac! nest weekend is another one without the son, and my best friend will be off for a holifay, no phone just me and my mac

now i am off the market, i fall in love with dear pinky schrodingers dog,

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sorry to interrupt but I have to vent and ask a question. Does anyone else in here still have their Christmas tree up?! I did my part on New Year's Day by taking down the ornaments and carefully repacking them in their boxes. I also took down the lights and wrapped them neatly so they wouldn't be tangled for next year. Then I put up all the decorations we had over the house and stored all of the above in our shed.

ALL my husband has to do is dismantle the artificial tree. I even have the box set out for him. With my weight and strength, it's impossible for me but he is almost three times my size so he has to do it. I keep hearing 'tomorrow...' 'tomorrow...' 'tomorrow...'

I want this thing out of my house so I can put my living room back together.

If any more company comes over and says, 'Oh still have your tree up!?!' I'm going to scream.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hey ashley

I'm going to have to forfeit this unless you want to suspend it for awhile. I took one look at my workload, and well, on the brightside I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of overtime this week and next. Not so brightside, my day is basically going to be, filling out reports, calling customs in one country, calling customs here, rinse and repeat. My intro was written on the back end of my first day doing it, and to call it half assed was well, to be kind. I'm not one to waste people's time, and that's what it would be if the debate was done this week.

[edit on 1/18/2009 by FSBlueApocalypse]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that but I do understand. I had to do a lot of work for the debate in advance since I'm selling my company next month and have a lot of details to work out with that. I needed to work on my posts as much as possible in advance. If you want to suspend it, how long were you looking at? It sounded like you were just busy this week but if it's longer than that, then I have no problem with you forfeiting. It just sucks because I was excited to submit my next post.

We can either pause it and I will go back to working on my project in the research forum until you're ready or if you think you're not going to have time any time soon, it doesn't bother me one bit if you can't continue

No worries either way. Just what we have done so far was tons of fun. If you can't continue, no hard feelings on my end whatsoever. It was an exciting topic and it will be sad if we can't continue but work definitely comes first. We have to eat and pay bills before we play.

I hope your boss appreciates the work you do for him because you sound like a solid worker.

[edit on 1/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

since i usually have a real tee and it started not to smash its needly but the lights, i took everything of by last monday, and throw it out on friday - just had it a bit longer in the house, to get the cats having some fun with it!

don.t wory about company drivers and their comments
just tell them that it is a family tradition.

for the hubby: have you tried to leave him notes - not to tell him how much you love him but to remind him of his duties!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
for the hubby: have you tried to leave him notes - not to tell him how much you love him but to remind him of his duties!

Why leave notes when you can yell, nag, and cut off sex?

Maybe that's why I can't get any help.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Why leave notes when you can yell, nag, and cut off sex?

Maybe that's why I can't get any help.

your strategy never worked with mine - now ex - but leaving notes worked with him

maybe that is why i am getting divorced *pondering*

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Ya, don't do what I said above. I was only kidding. lol

I drive Hubby nuts but not for those reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 325  326  327    329  330  331 >>

join