It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 325
<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Pay no attention to S-dog's post below. He typed that quoted text himself to make it look like I wrote that.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Ash! You're the most wonderful, smartest, and greatest person I've ever met... even over myself! I'd like to transfer all of my ATS points to you!

Aw shucks, S-Dog. You're making me blush. And ok, I'll accept your points and will go find a super mod to transfer them right now.

[edit on 1/16/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Test post again. Sorry. I'll come back and put something on topic here once I'm done so I don't mess up the conversation.

Too late!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Can u provide us with a link to that post of mine.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I tried but I see you edited the post. Thank goodness I have the proof of your offer in quoted text.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

How many points will it take to make this all go away?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Just a measly 300K. You'll make that back in three months if you talk a lot. Shouldn't be a problem for you.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Can't have SDog's points.
You won't believe what I had to do to "earn" em.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
You won't believe what I had to do to "earn" em.

I heard. Or should I say, 'saw the photos.' I'll give you back the negatives if you're good... Maybe. Don't ever run for president lest I'm tempted to sell them to the tabloids. You'd be ruined. You look good in a leash and pink tu-tu, though, if that's any consolation.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

What can I say?

I was young and needed the money!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hi all

About the image I put up a few pages ago:

The green on black was mostly because it's easy to work with, the contrast is good and I can check that the line drawing works on both lighter and darker backgrounds. The original image is 3600x3600 pixels (12" by 12" at printing resolution) which seemed to cover any possible cafepress merchandise.

I've done some cleaning up on it too (and took off the unicorn's crown/collar since it offended Our Beloved Debate Champion™ Ian M. But I'm open to suggestions, and the crown could easily be restored.

I'm still not happy with the lion's arms, either, but here's what I have as of this posting (in a much smaller form, in black on white).

editing after having caught up:

Let me check out some Latin resources. I think Cicero is a good suggestion, TWISI. Instead of "arguing" I might try "rhetoric" or "debate" in dictionaries; I think they'll preserve the meaning and give more specialized possibilities. BTW, I would stay way away from using the verb oro because in medieval and liturgical Latin that means "pray". I do a lot of that when a post isn't going well, but I don't think it should be in the motto

"Knights of the Word" I love, but does Terry Brooks have any kind of claim on the phrase?

As I said earlier, I don't consider the lion and the unicorn design completely done, though it's getting close. I just wanted to see if there would be any interest before I put too much time into it. I haven't been linking in the full size image because it's over 1MB in size so I can't upload it to photobucket. I'll make transparent gifs of the design in black and in white tonight and I can probably get those up at full size (12 inches by 12 inches for a Women's Plus Size t-shirt).

Also, what do people think of the "Cracked" font for the "Fight Club Pub"? I couldn't decide between that and something more olde-british-pubby.

@orange: the pink unicorn merchandise looks awesome!

@nyk: thanks for taking the initiative on this

Black line drawing on transparency, 3600 pixels by 3600 pixels: here

White line drawing on transparency, 3600 pixels by 3600 pixels:
here

These definitely need cleaning up before actual use, since there are little flecks of color all over where I didn't fully erase lines. But it'll give you an idea of how they'd work on the merchandise. The green (or any other color) can be easily restored.

[edit on 1/17/09 by americandingbat]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

U so perty!

[edit on 17 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

let me guess, there are no mods on and you're holding a revolution?

Yes honey, you can skip the baby shower on Sunday and watch football instead

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Nothing could be more further from my mind that thinks nothing of these thoughts!

* a simple thank you would have been sweet *

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Thanks SDog. I love compliments

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Thanks SDog. I love compliments

So does Switzerland ....

Now will you join the cause or produce clocks?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

International banking has its appeals, you know.

For mottos:

We could use "Argumentum gratia argumenti" (Argument for the sake of argument) on the model of "Ars gratia artis" (art for art's sake), the MGM motto.

"argumentum" is a legitimate Latin term – it's used for example in "argumentum ad hominem". It's the closest I've found in meaning to what we do here, but it only comes as a noun.

Okay, there are several versions of the FCP image in an album at Photobucket: Fight Club Album that should give an idea of what kinds of coloration schemes are possible. I also replaced the ATS logo with "Argumenta gratia argumenti" (arguments for arguing's sake) which should keep us clear of ATS admin issues. And I used an pubby-feeling font for the Fight Club Pub to give a sense of what I mean.

scaled-down white on transparent:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
morning pub

hey dingbat, your stuff looks great

can you do a green one with transparacy (png file), so that we can print it on black t-shirts?
that would look awesome!

i am very very pleased with it and nyk did a fantastic job in setting up that shop!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Good morning orange

I have a green-on-transparent gif in my Photobucket album – is that okay?

If not I can make a png file instead.

EDIT: I checked the cafepress guidelines and realized they only want 200dpi not 300 dpi which is what I was working at. So I uploaded a PNG of the green on transparent at 2000 pixels square that should work on any of the t-shirts except the women's plus sizes.

More Edit: I remembered the verb for argue/debate: disputare.

So "Arguing for arguing's sake" is "Disputans gratia disputantis"

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

hey dingbat

that looks cool

hopefully nyk will built them in - in the shop
i will try bryce right now - found a version for mac - and learn how to do stuff 3d

i really have to safe some money to order stuff from our shop

top topics

<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join